Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

If you smoke too much weed does it affect your memory?

Has anyone here actually fully recovered from serious long term depression?
I've had depression for years and can't see any hope of a full ...

Why do i do this? HELP!?
I cant stop moving the furinture in my house around. I cant help it, i just get bored really quickly and have to change everything around. I change all the rooms around at least once a week. My ...

Why do I feel as though I don't deserve anything, including happiness and contentment?
I'm a 17 year old boy. I guess that I've been struggling with some internal emotional issues lately.

I live what would be seen as by most people as a very "easy" life. I...

Are you a shy eater?
Like you feel uncomfortable eating in public?

I am If I'm by myself. And that's all the time....

Can everyone type in only one word?
Concerning ...

I need help from someone Fast?
well my gf and i had xxx and now she is pregnant. she is 1 month and her mom noticed and is asking about it and told my parents. i am ready to kill myself. what should i do?...

If you were to wake up and find out you were dead, would the shock kill you ?
.......:-)...

Why do i feel this way???
Im turning 14 today. I have a boyfriend who i love much, i have close friends too. But lately, i just wanna die. I went thro a rly moody few weeks and ended up cutting myself. But i have my bf (...

Im 25 years old and all I do all day is get high on LSD. Can that be harmful?
HUUUUUUUUH...

How do i make the voices in my head go away?

Why do people ask questions about suicide?
why do people ask questions like, "what is the best way to kill yourself" or "i want to kill myself, how should i?" or are just stating the fact that they are going to kill ...

What 2 do when u r bored 2 death?
any suggestions of what to do when u r bored?...

My cousin just died!?
My cousin just died in a new york shoot out and he was my best friend. I miss him so and i get to decide what happens to his ashes. i don't know whether to keep them, have them buried, or ...

What is preventing you from leading a happy life?

What do these symptoms mean?
depresion+no sleep+talks to self+invents a differnt life+rapid mood swings+attemped sucide+self ...

How can I get over a fear of dying?

What are you scared of?
eg. ...

How would you describe suicide in one word?

Whats wrong with Suicide?
I'm a Philosophy, Cinema, Psychology student at NYU. Last semester my philosophy class was discussing the ethics of suicide. My class came to the conclusion that suicide is completely ...

sara m
Help! pleeeease answer...!?
okk so i posted a question about a week ago about my parents making fun of my weight and i told them repeatdly how i hate it and i even cry and they know that and last week i officially brought it up to them and told them to stop and now a week later they made fun of me i hatee it and now theres nothing else to doo but show them i can lose weight (im gooin to lose 30-35lbs by june 1st to prove it=) butmeanwhile any advice for stopping them from making fun of mee

im 150 5'9 17 yrs old do you think im fat??

Jor Jor
no, you are not FAT, 150 really isn't that much, just tell your parents to stop, and then loose the waight just to prove them wrong! good luck! :)

robthomasjr2000
Rating
no. tell your parents this exactly "thanks for the suppression guys!". then ask them "what is right about you making fun of my wieght?" keep asking them over and over and over and they will thank you for it.

ineedu2luveme
Rating
I totally agree with HappyCam. You are NOT fat, because there are girls in 7th grade that are 12 that are 120 pounds and dont even seem to carry the weight!

If they keep bugging you about it, then maybe lose some weight to show them that you CAN lose the weight! I had a friend whos parents would NOT stop bugging her to lose weight. So to show them, she lost about 20 pounds, and they stopped bugging her about it. And the thing is, she made them work out with her!

I think you should try that. If they still won't listen, then something is terribly wrong with them. I know things will work out soon. I hope this helped some.

Answermaster101
Rating
Well if they make fun of you then what I would do is make fun of them!

Spazzcat
Rating
That's horrific, your parents shouldn't be making fun of your weight, that's emotional abuse.

150lbs...that's about ten or eleven stone right? And you're quite tall. Maybe you're a tad over the recommended weight for your age and height but I certainly wouldn't call you fat. I think the biggest problem here is that your parents - who are meant to be the two people you can completely rely on for love, trust and reassurance - are attacking your self-esteem. Maybe try and find a counsellor you can talk to. In the meantime, don't force yourself to lose large amounts weight or do anything that could put your health at risk. Love yourself.

EDIT: Sorry, your weight is totally normal. I'm 5'7" and 108lbs and I totally forget that I'm actually underweight. My bad. You're beautiful - and take that nurse lady up on her offer! xxx

safetyusa
Rating
No I don't think your fat and if I were your parents I would be ashamed of not encouraging you instead putting you down.
Maybe you could go and check out a book at the library about bad parents and leave them on your bed as if you were reading them or leave them in the living room.
Get some on verbal abuse and how to build your child's self esteem.
Just so you know, most of us even if we don't look fat, according to statistic's we are all overweight.
Sense you don't have your parents support, give them some back by leaving the books around. Maybe it will wake them up!
Sorry you are having to go through that.
Good luck

sroyals86
Rating
i could understand if you were 5'9'' and 250 pounds. Your kind of tall for a girl like me, im 5'10''. so you can carry a little of that so called "extra weight" and not look it. i probably weigh about 160 and nobody ever believes it because of my height. you need to think about how you feel about yourself and that is what matters, if you want to lose a few pounds go for it, if you dont feel you need to lose weight then dont., are your parents workout crazy or something?.......your BMI is 22.1 the normal range for your height and weight is 18.5- 24.9............ so go tell your parents to cut the crap!!! well do it nicely i dont think would go over too well

PiNkY
Rating
Not at all! You are quite tall, and 150 sounds like a healthy weight for you. Are your parents super skinny, or buff? What in the world do they say to you? I can't even begin to imagine how you must feel! I was blessed with supportive parents during my chubby years - they always told me how beautiful I was, and never, ever made me feel ugly!

Please diet sensibly - I truly wish you well!

live♥love♥laugh
Rating
you'r not fat i can't think of a for them to stop but i guess u gotta deal wit it 4 maybe a month? or until u lose if they do though ignore them and go to another room

Jeremy K
That's not fat at all. In fact I don't really like people that care about weight and such. You probably have already told them all about your feelings and all. If not, what you need to do is have a talk with them both at the same time and tell them how it makes you feel. Tell them it really hurts you and everytime they do it you feel worse. They are lowering your self esteem and that isn't good for anyone. You probably had a talk with them and if they just want to make fun of you just remember this. They aren't perfect either. Forget them. Doesn't matter if they are your parents or not, if someone tries to put you down like that you have to ignore them. I'm called lots of names and it really hurt me alot back then. Now I know who I am and no one's words affect me. That's how you need to feel. if you don't want to lose weight don't lost weight. Let them be the imperfect judges. If you recover from low self esteem, you become stronger. Just tell yourself, you know who you are and no one can change you with their words.

littlemoments
Rating
your parents need to chill out!
in no way are you fat AT ALL!
I know that some people are going to say "what kind of parent does that", but mine did that too.
I guess they thought it would make me want to lose weight, but it didn't. it made me want to defy them. What i did was let them know i would not stand for their S*** any more and i will take it up with my school counselor if they continue.

Way to go for wanting to get in shape and remember you are not fat!!!!!

just curious
Rating
at your age and height you are fine. in fact, you have a few pounds to play with. but if you feel that you want to lose, do it for you and not to prove something to them. you will be setting yourself up for a lifetime of eating disorders.
the only way to fight ignorance is to be armed with knowledge. google height and weight charts, find yours, print it and show it to them to prove you are not overweight. then tel them very firmly that they are to stop hassling you or they will be taking the blame for your future problems (if they happen) with your weight and eating habits. my family did the same thing to me when i was 12 and i was not overweight. now funny enough, i am the healthiest one in the family and spent many years as a personal trainer - training THEM!! good luck.

keltillos
Rating
First...you are NOT fat. You are actually well within a healthy weight.

Second, what your parents are doing is child abuse. Contact me privately...I am a nurse and, therefore, a mandated reporter, and I will help you get that fixed.

Third, your parents sound like a pair of asstards, and you need not worry about what they think.

Feb 2009 BABY BOY on the way!!!!
Rating
You arent even overweight. If you loose 35 lbs that will make you underweight. Stick with the weight you are and tell your parents that you like the way you look and that if they keep making fun of you, you could end up with an eating disorder.

Jordan
Rating
your not even close to being fat I'm 5'6 150 you fat sweetie

happygolucky003
First of all... go online and check your BMI to make sure that your okay within your weight limit, and then decide. Because to me, your height and your weight sound about the way it should be together. Another thing, I think your parents need to do a little growing up themselves. What parent in their right mind would ridicule their child about a topic that's so touchy. That could lead to unstable eating habits such as anorexia, and low self esteem for the kid. If you ask me, you dont need to change, THEY do.

Shake it up!
Rating
Absolutely not... I'm not just saying that to make you feel better, but at 5'9", your ideal weight is 140-150 lbs, so you are not overweight. Use the calculator below to figure it out yourself.

kitty
NO I DON'T THINK YOU FAT TELL THEM THAT YOUR GOING TO LOSE THE WEIGHT AND PARENTS SHOULD BE MORE SUPPORTIVE INSTEAD OF MAKING FUN OF THE SON

kbeauty
Rating
no u sound pretty average 2 me!!! im 17 5'6 and about 140. im trying 2 lose 10-15 but trust me u don't need 2 lose 30lbs!!!!! if u do want 2 loose id say no more than 10. check out ur BMI and see where u fall and how much is safe 2 lose. good luck. i kno its hard but just try 2 ignore ur parents. put ur self above them bc 2 me they are acting pretty immature to be making fun of their own daughter even when u asked them 2 stop it. talk 2 a friend 2 just so u can let some steam out (thats what i do!) good luck and i kno u can do it. ur beautiful....act like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Pandalinn
150lbs is average weight if you're 5'9, i know that cuz that's about how much i weigh and i am 5'9 as well

FeatherHead
You are not overweight. Are they perfect?

frontstreetboy2004
Rating
don't be offended by this, but your parents are douche bags for making fun of their own child. Second you are neither fat nor overweight, but if you want to lose some weight try running everyday for like 1 to 4 miles and go to the gym twice in a week.

once again you are not overweight and you don't need to lose or gain any, plus if you want your parents to stop, there are some ways to do that,
without even knowing you I can imagine that your parents are like perfect size and everything, one way you can stop them is to tell them this is how I was meant to be and you can't go against gods will.

hope this helps.

ed201283
Rating
You are not fat. 150 pounds is a healthy weight for somebody 5'9".

Patrick
You are far from fat...we can all lose a few pounds....but you are not by any means fat.

Susan
Rating
You're not fat. Your parents are mean. Just start making fun of them and see how they like it. If they tell you it's not appropriate, tell them that never stopped them from hurting you.

Becca
Rating
ur not very fat. im 5'7 and 117 lbs. am i 2 skinny

Christina I
Rating
i dont think your fat

Ruamrudee
Rating
your perfectly normal and tell them they need a check up : )

Happycamper
Rating
Your parents need to grow up and you are NOT fat, I am also 5ft9in and people tell me I am skinny, I think I am just right, your parents are asses!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.144
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy