Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Am I depressed? Bipolar?
Yes its long. Please read. It would mean a lot.

I feel like there is a deep pit in my stomache. Fun activies that use to excite me dont even spark interest. I am only fully happy when I ...

How come I didnt die after tying cord around my neck and passing out with alcohol last nite?

Additional Details
I guess I didnt make it tight enough. Next time I got to make it tighter and drink more alcohol so I dont notice how tight I put it and then I will pass out. What a ...

Heroin addiction?
Hi, i have heard from many heroin users that 4 hits( injected) of heroin is all someone needs to get addicted. is this true or does it depend or each person?...

What is Your Greatest Fear About Aging?

What in the world would cause this to happen??!!??
Yesterday, i went to pick up my son from school for a dr. app. and while i was walking up to the door, all of a sudden i got this feeling that i was at the wrong school. So i started to question ...

How do you fight lazziness?

Dont you wish sometimes to curl up in a ball and die?

Why am i depressed? is it because there are things i cant change? or is it because im ill?
to clarify. would i be depressed if everything was ok.. so am i just p*ssed off?
Additional Details
you lovely kind people thanks. i cant do anti depressants. im fighting it . sometimes ...

My fiance was a kidnap victim, who was raped and beaten for two years. She now suffers from PTSD..any advice?
I would like to know how to handle this delicately. The man responsible will be out of prison October of next year, and we will have to face him in court to make it ok for me to legally adopt the ...

Is there anyone who can reassure me please?
i feel lost and i dont know who i am. i need hope. what if everything in my life goes wrong? i feel so alone, please help :-( thank you xxx
Additional Details
aged 14, not on medicines, ...

What is not good to do while sleeping?

Im depressed. I think. I cant think a happy thought at all. Why?
Im 19 years old. I still live at home. I dont go out, i dont do anything fun. I dont have any friends in town, they all went off to college. Basically i have no friends. I go to a job i hate and i am ...

What do i do in this situation? Preferably adults answer please!?
Ok so my fiancee and i are having problems. I am ADHD, and sometimes i cannot control the way I act. I am controlling and very demanding i dont listen and im mean. I hate this so much I cry everyday. ...

If you see a homeless person who appears to be 'crazy', how do you think s/he became that way?
Do you think that life on the street did that to him or her, OR do you think that a mental problem led him/her to the street?...

Someone burned my hair?
a group of idiotic boys burned my hair yesterday. it wasn't alot of hair that was burned off but what pisses me off is i dont even know these people and they just thought it would be funny to ...

Why do people lie?

I have a presentation to do in front of 50 people and im shy, if i get drunk before it will it make it easier?

Why are extroverted people easy to forget their firends?

Is it normal?
is it normal to be your own worst enemy? like, i hear a voice in my head thats a little like mine, but it trys to get me to do stuff, like, asking out a girl, or doing something crazy-uber. i dont ...

Does MADNESS prevent INSANITY??
I know you may think i'm contradicting myself, but if you think about it.....Those people who are a little mad in their daily lives, like doing stupid acts and unexpected things such as doing a ...

flignar
Each night I have to brush my teeth or it's always on my mind...?
...is that an addiction or a habit? If they're different then what are differences in the way each is addressed?

Kelz
Rating
not a habit, just good hygiene. Your supposed to do that

aujla_saman
Rating
brushing your teeth at night is very important. My dentist told me that it doesn't have as much effect brushing your teeth in the morning as it does at night. I would say its just a habit, a very good one at that. If it were an addiction your health would be affected and you would have symptoms the days you didn't brush

Yah
Rating
An addiction would be where it drove you to the point of insanity, searching for a toothbrush breaking out in sweat and becoming crazy. You simply have a good habit. I feel the same way, as if my teeth are incredibly filthy. Habits are really like weaker forms of addiction, that may be positive or negative. However, you can live without habits without falling to the brink of despair over them.

katiesierra86
omg! i know im the same way. and if for some reason i dont brush my teeth, like if i fall asleep reading or watching tv..or at someones house, etc. i freak out. usually if im at my house i wake up at three or four am freaking and feeling guilty that i dont brush. if i dont brush all the time i really do feel guilty and almost think my teeth hurt, i know its insane.

kustomflames@verizon.net
Rating
its called good hygiene

Miss Screamo
Oh don't worry. Just a small case of OCD.

Blunt Honesty
A habit is something that you do because you always have. An addiction is something you physically, mentally, or emotionally suffer from when you do without.

kaiviti2dabone
It has to do with your habits since you been doing this for quite sometime now. It's in your daily life routine pattern and whenever you feels like your teeth is dirty, specially after each meal. It triggers your brain that you need to brush your teeth. It comes naturally to your brain and makes you feel that your teeth needs brushing. Habit is a behavior pattern regularly followed until it has become almost involuntary:

Its your habit.

Addiction is kinna negative way to put it .... the way I see it, Addiction is something that could bring harm to your health if its not control, so the more you abuse it the greater your chances in putting your health into risk.

you
Rating
a habit. a good one too. so it doesn't matter. to me, addiction is when u get so use to it, u can't live without it. habit is just something u always do n u can live without it.

a-mazed
Rating
You classify this question in 'mental health' huh? Hmmmm

I would imagine that you have been programmed to perform this activity as a basic part of your nighttime 'routine'? . . . from a very young age?

Once you reach adulthood, you get to 'choose' which habitual activities to continue. If you find that you are addicted to these 'habitual' activities, you may choose to break these behaviors, over time, dealing with the resultant ' always on your mind' reminders - which speak to habit AND addiction.

Good luck in reprogramming yourself . . . it takes time and effort, but anyone CAN do it, and eventually set up their own habits, and selectively choose their own addictions.

ca4btts
Rating
Just good hygene. Nearly everyone brushes there teeth daily or nightly or both

PointHo
It's a habit, but a good one. Plaque builds up every 24 hours, but it's still good to brush at least twice a day, but also to floss!

Weird.Beryl
thats a really good habit, and its great for ur teeth to brush em regularly!

BJ
could be OCD
but a very good idea
just don't stress over it

pilljills
Rating
Of course you should brush your teeth every night. Unless you're doing it every hour, that would be obsessive compulsive.

Emma B
Rating
You should brush every night,and even mornings too, you do want nice white teeth, don't you??

blondie
it is a good habit

angeldust
Rating
Its a habit-and you know what happens if you break it? You get bad teeth. Be proud that you have good habits!

Aaron M
Rating
It could be both... But it's a good thing... Good hygiene is always nice to have.

As far as the difference goes I guess an addiction would be your constantly brushing your teeth and the habit would be it is a routine. But they pretty much go hand and hand, meaning the habit supports the addiction.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy