Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I am a very beautiful female, but i am afraid of my own beauty?
ppl always say i am pretty, they say that i should worry about anything, that i can easily get any job bc of my looks or whatever.....
but the problem is i am afraid of my own beauty. i know it ...

Help me i think that I am seconds away from doing something really stupid!!!?
Help.....i know that i talked to people on here yesterday....but right now i am thinking about doing what i know will end it all....last night i tried to take everyones advice....i called people for ...

Why is it that so many "teens" are so troubled these days?

My cable WENT out and I JUST SMASHED MY TV, WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Am I depressed? Bipolar?
Yes its long. Please read. It would mean a lot.

I feel like there is a deep pit in my stomache. Fun activies that use to excite me dont even spark interest. I am only fully happy when I ...

How come I didnt die after tying cord around my neck and passing out with alcohol last nite?

Additional Details
I guess I didnt make it tight enough. Next time I got to make it tighter and drink more alcohol so I dont notice how tight I put it and then I will pass out. What a ...

Heroin addiction?
Hi, i have heard from many heroin users that 4 hits( injected) of heroin is all someone needs to get addicted. is this true or does it depend or each person?...

What is Your Greatest Fear About Aging?

What in the world would cause this to happen??!!??
Yesterday, i went to pick up my son from school for a dr. app. and while i was walking up to the door, all of a sudden i got this feeling that i was at the wrong school. So i started to question ...

How do you fight lazziness?

Dont you wish sometimes to curl up in a ball and die?

Why am i depressed? is it because there are things i cant change? or is it because im ill?
to clarify. would i be depressed if everything was ok.. so am i just p*ssed off?
Additional Details
you lovely kind people thanks. i cant do anti depressants. im fighting it . sometimes ...

My fiance was a kidnap victim, who was raped and beaten for two years. She now suffers from PTSD..any advice?
I would like to know how to handle this delicately. The man responsible will be out of prison October of next year, and we will have to face him in court to make it ok for me to legally adopt the ...

Is there anyone who can reassure me please?
i feel lost and i dont know who i am. i need hope. what if everything in my life goes wrong? i feel so alone, please help :-( thank you xxx
Additional Details
aged 14, not on medicines, ...

What is not good to do while sleeping?

Im depressed. I think. I cant think a happy thought at all. Why?
Im 19 years old. I still live at home. I dont go out, i dont do anything fun. I dont have any friends in town, they all went off to college. Basically i have no friends. I go to a job i hate and i am ...

What do i do in this situation? Preferably adults answer please!?
Ok so my fiancee and i are having problems. I am ADHD, and sometimes i cannot control the way I act. I am controlling and very demanding i dont listen and im mean. I hate this so much I cry everyday. ...

If you see a homeless person who appears to be 'crazy', how do you think s/he became that way?
Do you think that life on the street did that to him or her, OR do you think that a mental problem led him/her to the street?...

Someone burned my hair?
a group of idiotic boys burned my hair yesterday. it wasn't alot of hair that was burned off but what pisses me off is i dont even know these people and they just thought it would be funny to ...

Why do people lie?

OOH LALA
Depressed teen?
i am a 15 yr old girl. i think im depressed but im not sure. lately i have been feeling sad all the time and wanting to listen to sad songs. my life is normal but i keep thinking that its horrible. i feel like crying all the time. i dont want to go anywhere. i love to eat and ive been eating less lately. one minute im happy the next i want to cry. i want to be by my self alot. i get really mad easily. and i keep wishing that i have a lot of issues, like edie sedgwick and stuff. i also keep feeling like i dont know who i am and i dont know what to do with my life. i dont know why though. am i depressed?
i also have all of the signs of an anorexic person, except i actually eat. but i want to lose weight really badly.
and i cant talk to my parents about it because they'll just yell at me and ask me why id be depressed since i always get everything i want. pleaase help.

I Seek
Rating
It's just your teenage hormones. Your trying to find yourself-your personality. You'll grow out of it. Don't worry about it.

GhOsTy!
I kno how u are feeeling i have been dealing with depression since i was 13 . im 17 now and i learned u CANT keep it bottled up inside because it just brings u down 10 times worse then it already is. id talk to your mom about it im sure she will understand, i didnt think anyone would understand me, and i kept everything to myself and eventually i started ,as u said "getting mad easily"
that also could be bi-polar
but u definitly are depressed, go to the dr and have him/her prescribe you something and itll help u and relax u so u dont feel like crying all the time and wanting to hit something out of anger,
if u go on lexipro itll help u feel better, thats what i am on but u might get headaches from it. and if u do just ask for something else

but what depression is, is a chemical imbalance in the brain and thats something that u cant control .

just kno that u arent alone and u can message me on yahoo "ghostofyou_27" or email me and u can talk to me anytime and i will help you. coz ive been though it and it is tough. ima good listener and i will talk to you about it.

well take care

Christine !
hormones

gymnastgirlee
Rating
yes you are depressed , and you are suffering from anorexia eat watch tv do some thing fun just when you want to cry dont think about it y ou are making yourself depressed by thin king about it. Or try talking to some one it is not ok to keep things bottled in let it out

feel better

Snowflake
You might be depressed, or you might be not - just being a teenager. It is sad that your parents invalidate your feelings by telling you that you have no reason to feel that way. Logically, they may be correct, but we feel the way we feel without any particular reason sometimes. If we feel sad - that's just how it is, we feel sad. Talk to someone who will understand.
I suggest you see a school councellor. While it is possible that you're not depressed, it is also possible that you are, in which case you need to see a doctor. Depression is an illness not a weakness of charachter.
About trying to lose weight and not eating much. The way you are doing it might be causing you to feel like crap all the time. If you think you need to be thinner - talk to a nutritionist. They will give you valid medical advise on how to keep your weight in check.

SAK
Rating
Please, you are, depending on the state and the loaws in the state you reside in, can, at age 14 yrs. and up, seek medical/mental health on your own. It does help to get your insurance informaiton though too.
You need to see your dr., and possibly a counselor to be dianosed with either depression, bipolar, or whatever may be going on. I wish you the best. Also, please talk with your parents, let them know you need to see the dr., and possibly the counselor. Take care.

adrianismusic
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I've come to this board a lot and seen this problem over and over. You should probably get good responses though. Just be patient! ^_^

rikki
Rating
same here, the sad music, thinking life is horrible, wanting to have a reason to cry, wanting to be alone, get like this alot! i think we do have depression. i try to deal with it by doing somthing i really truly like and what truly makes you happy digg deep cause i kno its hard to find though all those sad feelings. try to get out of the house, take a walk around the block, or go to the store even if you have nothing to buy, do somthin you find relaxing, look at the little things that make you happy found i like to bake when i want to find happyness

elle55407
Being a teenager is tough. Especially these days. I thought there was a lot of pressure going on when I was a kid. I think it's worse now. I hate to say this, it sounds like a cop out..but YOU ARE A NORMAL TEEN! You are going through a rough spell. It happens. So I suggest, whenever you start feeling like you're getting into one of your funks....call up a friend! Turn up the music and DANCE YOUR PANTS OFF!! Go outside and take a good long walk or run!! It will pass. You are growing up. It's not just your emotions, it's your body, as well. And you are probably going to run across a lot of this over the next couple of years. For the record, trust me...you do not want Edie Sedgwicks problems. They glamorized a very troubled little girl in that movie. She is famous for being a mess! Wouldn't you rather be famous for having it totally together? Get involved in something you enjoy, be it some kind of sport, volunteering, a fun hobby....something to keep you occupied. Keep your mind off Edie and your heart on YOU!! That's how it is for everyone. 15 can be a bummer sometimes, but I promise, it is all just part of learning how to be your own girl!!

Good luck!! Hope this helps!!

snowbunny83090
i'm 16 and i started to feel the exact same way when i was about 13 or so. i never really got help and now i have an eating disorder. i'm not saying that depression necessarily caused this but it was definitely a factor in the whole ordeal. i sometimes think that maybe if i had gone to someone for help a long time ago then i could have resolved the issues then. you may have a hormone imbalance that you cannot control and it's not your fault. that may be why you cannot exactly explain your reasons for unhappiness. i don't know if i have this or not because i have never gone to the doctor for it but i am bulimic and now i'm finally trying to take control of it all after over a year. i have realized that it's been my way of dealing with depression and there are better ways to deal than by purging. so please talk to someone and explain how you feel before things possibly get out of hand. it's only natural to go through ups and downs in our lives. we are human and it happens but it doesn't have to ruin your life.

good luck. god bless.

rhcp rules
Rating
i think it is just how you think of your self. i am kind of like you. i have the same symtoms of depression you have exept for the anorexic and getting everything i want parts. i think you should just think happy thoughts and if your parents arent there for you, talk to some one else. there are people out there who care about you. believe me, i know. if you dont think so just look harder.

polymyxinbsulfates
you should see a school counselor or your doctor if you're able to. you actually sound bipolar to me- i felt the same way as you. i used to have severe problems, but compared to then my life is now pretty peachy, but it was only now that i was depressed, having mood swings, irritiable, no life direction-- all the things you described. i thought i was depressed because when you feel like crap you dont ever think about when you felt good, but if you have really bad days punctuated by good days sometimes, its bipolar. it has nothing to do with how good your life actually is- it's chemicals in your brain that are out of balance, as is depression. your parents are acting out of line- thats how my mom acted. but they wouldn't act the same way if you said you thought you were diabetic, or something physical like that- its a stigma about mental illnesses that a lot of people have, and in order to get treatment you have to be able to work around them. find someone other than your parents who can help you- if you're able to see your family doctor, i'd get to them first. if not, see a school counselor or a teacher you trust, or if you have another family member (aunt, grandmother, etc) you think would understand, you could talk to them also. i hope you're able to get help.

brunetteqt5135
www.teenhopeline.com

or dmlive.com two good sites that can really benefit you.. teenhopeline is a place of caring staff that you can online chat with them without saying your name.. they can help you with anything.. really helps..

James (Y)
Rating
Well I hate telling people how they feel, since they should really figure that out themselves, but in my view and how you describe yourself- yes, you probably are depressed. I'm going through the exact same thing you are. Literally. From an outside view, my life is normal. Sure, I have arguements and tragedies here and there, but who can have a perfect life? However, I can't help but feel depressed. It's like i'm in a hole that i just keep digging bigger. What you need to do first, is tell someone. Talk to ANYONE. I used to think, "How the heck is talking to someone gonna make me feel better? Say a few words, and BAM! i'm happy again?" Well no, it doesnt' work like that, but it certainly does....relieve some inward secret depression, which helps a lot. If your parents won't listen- don't tell them. Since your school counslour is always available, just tell him without asking permission of your parents. As for the solution to your depression....I can't really say myself, but i think what you need is an ocean breeze- A strong impression to renew yourself, to gain some hope. From there, stay strong and build yourself back up to the happy person you want to be. And for your anorexia, i'm not sure. Just drown out your thoughts of what other people might be thinking about you. That way, you'll look and be who you want to look and be withouth constantly fretting about other's view.

zeldaba
Having once been 15 , the first thing I'd like to say is alto of what you are feeling is normal 15 year old stuff. It doesn't make it go away, but knowing that many other girls your age have/had the same feelings does help. All those hormones going through your body, leaving your "kid" years and maturing is all new to you - giving you that up and down kind of feelings. As to listening to sad songs, everyone likes them once in a while. How can you possibly know "who" you are yet, you are just starting to live, it will come, don't be so anxious. I don't know what signs of anorexia you feel you have, but wanting to lose weight doesn't mean you have it. And finally just because you get everything you want doesn't mean you cant be depressed. Sometimes depression is caused by an imbalance of chemicals in your system. If you really think it may be a problem talk with someone, pastor, teacher, or call a hot line. Depression can be serious. But I think most of what you are describing is normal growing up stuff. I know its not what you want to hear, but growing up isn't easy. Have a good life and good luck

crazyem
Yes you are. See if your parents will let you talk to a counselor. If they're not very understanding, talk to your counselor at school. That's why they are there. Please tell someone how you've been feeling. And know that you're not alone lots of people go through this.

whisper
If you think you're depressed then you really need to talk to someone.There has to be someone who won't get upset if you tell them,and will help you.

Having depression doesn't mean that a person is weak, or a failure, or isn't really trying... it means they need TREATMENT.
You can go to Counseling, or talk to your doctor and he/she can perscribe some type of antidepressant that isn't addictive.Usually though, counseling is enough.

sosta
Rating
It's very likely that its your hormones taht are all over the place, making you feel depressed. About the weight loss thing, forget diet, it'll make you more depressed, but instead try taking up dancing or a sport you like or horse-riding, this has two benefits, you become fit and don't feel you need to become 'anorexic' and it lifts your mood because it gives you purpose and something to do. Factors such as exam-stress, pressure at school or with friends/parents and not sleeping enough can cause depression. And you 'identity crisis' - don't worry, you'll find yourself, but in the meantime, you have to remain optimistic. Hang on to the things you feel define you, anything you love to do or have. If you feel you can't talk to ur parents, talk to a trustworthy friend. Feeling like you are being loved and supported always makes people feel better. Depression won't last long if you don't let it. Always look at the bright side, there always is one. FInd something you love to do and do it. At times when you feel your lowest, allow yourself to be depressed but only if you have every intention of doing something about it very soon.
Good luck and remember the world isn't all that bad...see ya...

truegrit
Rating
u need Jesus sweetheart....He's there for u always and will always love u.

p.s.
I felt exactly like that at the exact age u r now .....i felt like i had no identity or purpose in this world......and I am now a very happy 20 year old.......there is light at the end of the tunnel....just accept the way you feel and keep on keepin' on.....this to shall pass...it always does....your just in a valley right now.

ur sister freebird

Landon
have you tried talking to a school counselor?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy