Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I am a victim of rape. I have lived with the guilt for about 6 months. Is there ne way I can get over it fast?

I am suffering from depression just lately. Please Help?

Im gonna die?
im 15 & i cant sleep @ night. i lie awake in bed every school night. im so tired @ school. i lie awake as the hours go by. i dont drink caffeine or exercise. what should i do? i have to go to ...

My New Girlfriend is an Alcoholic! What should I do?
I have just found out that my new girlfriend of only 5 months is an alcoholic. I had know idea until this weekend when I found her totally drunk, dilerious and injured. It scared me like nothing in ...

I feat that i am going to hell?
and there isnt anything i can do about it. ifeel that lots of stuff that goes on around me is making my afterlife that much more horrible. is there a name for this kind of thinking? what can be ...

Is this normal?
My wife talks to my stomach! Several times throughout the day, she comes up to me, lifs up my shirt, bends down and says "Hi! You're so cute! I miss you!" But she calls ME crazy!<...

If I were to smoke Marijuana tonite, would I be ok to take a test on Tuesday?
I have a college placement test to take on Tuesday and I was wondering if smoking tonight could affect me at all.
Additional Details
I ...

How come people kill cats for the fun of it?
I knew someone who killed 5 cats, JUST FOR FUN!
I know he was getting pretty physcotic, but i didn't think he would go to the extent of killing cats.....

Is this an early sign of ...

Is it okay for a teen to feel depressed?
I have a lot going on including my first heart break, multi sports, and the pressure of schoolwork. Can someone help me out and make me feel better?
Additional Details

My boyfriend thinks im pregnant, i know im not. should i tell him the truth?

I want to cut myself NOW, what to do so I don't?
It sounds sick, but now, right this second, I want to hurt myself. Is there anything I can do instead? I feel really anxious, restless, and confused, and I've been having sudden feelings of ...

Do i have a problem or am i just weird?
Im 15 years old and im sophmore in high school, but im severly socially deprived. I've always been shy, quiet, good kid and never liked to stand out or participate in things since elementary ...

Please do not judge me…?
I hate myself. I have been unemployed for a year and one day and I feel so ashamed. I’m not exactly qualified for any of the jobs I really want because of my lack of formal education. The only ...

I'm feeling really depressed. Can anyone help me?
I should be feeling really happy today, and Iwas (for like, twenty minutes). I won first prize in a music competition, and I thought everyone was really proud and happy for me. THan, my daad started ...

Normal for mom to call her kid this?
She calls me a b*stard and screams at me. Says im stupid and things like that because i dont want to live with her anymore. She tells me i cant live or support myself on my own and threatens me if i ...

Why do we have dreams? Why are they so often crazy?
by crazy, I mean disjointed etc.. -...

Has anyone heard of cutting? My sister who is 22 does it and she shows it off like it's a badge of honor..
I don't understand the need to cut.. Can anyone help me out in understanding why someone would cut themself? She says she has been doing it for years. She will cut herself so deep that she has ...

What is the best lesson u learned from life?
what makes u feel happy in life ?...

Im soooo deppressed!!! i cut myself and dont know wat to do!!!?
im seriously depressed im on the larger side of things and im 13 !!!! people make fun of me! plz help b 4 i do sumtin i regret!...

What does it mean about my personality, when writing i write in cursive and print in the same sentence or even

A J
14 and depressed?
For probably a 2-3 years I have been feeling increasingly depressed. There has been no trigger for the depression to start, nothing bad has happened to me, and yet I feel so unhappy. My depression is interspersed with extremely happy moments, almost too happy, but the depression dominates. I get irritated or tearful very easily, it takes nothing to make me cry. I don't want to meet my friends anymore, I have completely gone off food, I don't have a problem with my weight (like anorexia or bulimia), I just never ever want to eat. I either don't need any sleep, or need too much, I can no longer be bothered to get up for school, around 6 times since September I have pretended to be physically ill because the thought of social interaction is just to much, and I have contemplated death a few times, but have never actually attempted to end my life. I don't self harm and I haven't tried to. I am scared to speak to my parents, as my sister is dyspraxic, and my parents always expect me to be the 'normal one'. I have told one close friend that I have been feeling depressed, but I couldn't tell them the extent of my depression, I made it out to be much less severe than it feels to me. I am scared of seeking medical help, as I am scared of my parents reaction. I am only 14 and I feel like my life is falling apart around me.

I heard bi-polar people are like a yo-yo. They go up and down.
Don't let things depress you, find out the source of your depression and confront it.

Muffin ♥
If your parents love you (They do a whole bunch I bet) they will except it. And being depressed is just a part of life sometimes. Everybody gets depressed sometimes. Tell your parents about it. Sometimes it helps to tell people you are depressed. To get it off your chest, you know?? Tell your parents about it. Being depressed doesn't mean you're not normal. Depression is just a part of every bodies life. Don't worry about it. Everything will be okay!! Don't worry about it. Sometimes hanging out with friends does help to not be depressed. That's what I do when I'm depressed. It always helps. Going to church helps, too.
Don't worry. Everything will be okay!!!

Much love,
JesusFreak

Himynameis
Rating
The truth is,you may suffer from something your parents have passed down to you. Your sister suffers from a mental disorder and chances are you are suffering from something similar. Although I know you don't want to confront your situation with your parents,it's either this or have a bad ending. Hurting yourself or someone else,and maybe you feel you could never go that far,but did you ever expect to feel so depressed and down bout life at such a young age. I think you should sit down with your both your parents or maybe just one you feel comfortable with,pick a time when you can be alone with him/her or both and let them know that your having some issues that your feel are serious. Be open with them,this way they can help you before anyhing gets more serious then it is. Your now 14 and going through puberty,depression can get worse and worse. You will experiened anger or depression far worse then someone who is going through puberty and doesn't have a heritary diesease.Which is what this sounds like. Perhaps your parents can talk to you and will ask you what you feel would be the best thing to do right now. If you feel you want to see how long you can go without seeking medical help but just their help you have to let them know that.But you must be open with them,your parents will be happy to know that at least you came to them,before something bad happens. Maybe you haven't tried to harm yourself,but the first signs are thinking of it. Your suffering mentally and going to suffer physically since your already losing your appetite for food and life. Don't be scared of doctors,let your parents know,that you want to choose your own doctors,be open,tell them that,if you choose to go to a doctor that you want to say whether y ou like the methods or not. Let them understand it is taking alot on your part to be open and let them know how your feeling inside. Don't be modest in telling them just how serious it is. If they start seeing signs before you tell them and be honest and open,they may react alot worse and drastically. Let them understand how long this is going on and that your matur enough to notice it and want their help to treat it. From what your describing it sounds like depression,but remember your also going through puberty a critical time in a young ladies life,where all her horomones are reacting left and right and if your suffereing from depression,this will make things so much harder on you. The faster you ask for help,the faster you can treat this and help yourself and teenage years go a little easier. Chances are your parents have already taken notice,but refrain from saying anything because they figure your just a teenager going through teenage stuff. You need to let your parents know your feeling this way and let them know you want to make some of your own decisions and you would also like their help and support. You will help yourself in the long run if you get treated now,and find out what exactly it is that your suffering from. Good luck and don't be scared of your parents reaction,they will be happy to know your being mature and happy to know that you see that something is wrong and want help. They will feel safer knowing you want their help and are not going to do anything drastic. Be strong,your not a little girl anymore,your smart enough to know that something is wrong. Now be smart and ask for help.

pullthetrigger
Rating
hey hun. you need to get help, please, before you get even worse, as you will get worse. i was too scared to get help, and didn't see the doc until my parents found out i'd been searching suicide methods on the internet. i'd got that bad. please don't let yourself get to the stage where you do self harm or become suicidal.

don't worry about your parents' reactions, trust me their reaction would be worse if you left it and they found you dead. so please, don't suffer in silence. tell them that there's something wrong and that you, as well as your sister, needs to be cared for and given help. you're mising out on being young because of this, so it's time it got sorted so you can enjoy life a bit more.

please get help. you'll get the chance to talk to someone about how you're feeling, which will help, a lot. it's already helped me a lot, and i've only talked to two people.
feel free to email me if you want to talk.

stay strong, stay safe.

steel9maiden
Go to your GP and tell him/her everything. If you can't tell your GP easily, then write it all down and show it to your GP. Either way, you need to get someone in the medical professions to know so that you can be directed for treatment.

Ellz xXx
I'm the same, i've bin in 2 pychratric wards, i'm a self harmer and i've servived 6 suicide attemps.
Tell you parents, plz. it really helps.
They can get you the help.
GOOD LUCK

Ella

Hayden A
Rating
Hi, I'm Hayden. I have also suffered from depression.

I used to cry every five minuets, I cut off all my hair, I used to self-harm, I never used to sleep until the point where I’d actually pass out during the day!
I had no friends, I locked myself in my room day after day, I was bullied, I was failing all my classes, and I was anorexic. (In fact I'm still struggling with anorexia.)

Honestly, I never spoke to my parents about it either, nor did I seek or receive any help from 'professionals.'
People used to tell me I was depressed all the time…
I used to think, depression? What? That’s for dumb attention seeking people! But it was then I realized that I actually was depressed.

One of the main culprits for my depression was my music. I used to listen to heavy rock and emo stuff… So that was the first thing I changed.

Next was my social life. I joined a drama group, scary I know, but I did. I made friends and went out shopping etc. =]
It really helped! It gave me a kind of motivation to get out of bed, to fix my hair, to make myself look nice.
It helped me regain my self pride, gave me something to look forward to, goals etc.

Lastly, was my bedroom! Sounds so small, but living in a dark, depressing environment really drags you down. So I changed the whole room around, cleaned it from top to bottom and brought a new lamp. LOL!

These all must sound ridiculous to you. But they really changed my life!

Hope this helps in some way. YOU CAN BEAT THIS! =]

G L
talk to someone you can trust, pray every morning and night, it really helped me to do those simple things when i was depressed

NUALA S
Rating
hello there my heart goes out to you and i am sorry to read what has been happening to you. Would you consider a chat with your GP who may be in a position to refer you to someone who can help?? Please consider it and tell them exactly how you feel. I hope through help you will start to be happy again. I do wish you well. Kind Regards.

sehr Dang-Fliege
Rating
Try doing this, it might help determine how serious this is.
http://teenadvice.about.com/library/teenquiz/7/blsuiciderisk.htm

Here is a forum you might like where you can discuss these issues with other teens your age.
http://forums.about.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?webtag=ab-teenadvice&nav=start

A great place to find support and information...created by someone who's been there. From Wing Of Madness.
http://teenadvice.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://www.wingofmadness.com/teens.htm

I hope I could help and that you're holidays are bright because to be completely honest with you, I'm 15. I've been there. It was like a hole I fell into. Every day was a challenge and for reasons I couldn't comprehend my social life was draining. I feigned sickness for a while and when my parents stopped believing me I skipped school. I've never felt so low and humiliated. A lot of teens have this.

caa2626
Rating
A lot of life can feel over dominating and almost trapping when you are younger. I experienced depression when I was around 14 and began to seek medical help. Personally, I found that the medical help didn't do much for me but that is different for everyone and I would recommend giving it a shot. Medication can work wonders far beyond what therapy can do for you. It is not rare to be depressed at that age ... looking back almost everyone I knew at that age was in therapy or something. A lot of depression can be fixed by just forcing yourself to have a better outlook on life. If there are things you do not like about your life than try very hard to change them. If you are not looking for social interaction (same thing happened to me at that age) then find a hobby and start something you enjoy. For me that was guitar and camping, both of which have stuck with me in the long run. A lot of my depression I later figured out was because of school. It's weird because I never had a problem with anyone at school or anything I just straight out didn't like it. When I was 16 I got my GED (against my parents wishes) and began going to community college. I am now at university and beyond a year ahead of where I would have been had I continued in school unhappy. Like I said this is just my experience. But basically it's important to know that this will not stick around forever. I would try talking to your parents about how you feel because they may be more understanding than you think. Or if you have a sibling you feel you can confide in try to talk to them. Best wishes ---

T0G
you probaly had a lot of sad moments or not enough happy ones
but you should tell your parents because you might commit suicide if one day you just decide it
or tell your doctor, they will give you anti-depresant pills so you wont be depressed all the time
or maybe you just feel left out, or alone from your parents

penguin, or maniacle evil genius
Rating
be charitable helping others helps puts a meaning to your life, maybe then you will find peace with yourself and world and help you experience the true joy of living, try to think about how fortunate you are nd your family loves you

take care,
Peter pittsburg

English skin
Is it frig bi-polar. I had a friend with bi-polar and he was real bad with it, what you talk about aint bi-polar so ignore some of the wack jobs telling you you are. You gotta get help, your folks may have a lot on their mind with your sis, but hell girl you got problems too - see yer doc, get some meds and don't take BS from no-one.

Korky
Rating
things can and will get better,
hang on in there baby, you will come out the other side all the stronger for it.

Mike D
Rating
your not alone. everyone gets depressed and some people take it even further than you do. the only thing i can tell you from my experience with depression is to just try. i have never been to a doctor about my depression and always feel like i probably should. it may be the best thing. mainly just try to focus on your goals in life. sittin around doing nothing only makes it worse, trust me.

Stephanie F
A J, I believe that if you tell your parents, you will be supported by them more than you think. If you can't tell your own family who can you really tell. Please tell them so they can get you some help. Who else loves you more? They would be devastated if they found out another way.

You don't have to be Perfect. You are human just like all of us. We all have problems. You can't get help if you just don't want to bother people with it. It is okay to be scared, just share your feelings with those who really love you.

Hugs to you. You are not alone. Please ask for help with your parents. Tell them your true and honest feelings. Tell them why you didn't want to tell them before, but you feel you have to tell them because you feel.......................................

I will pray for you. God Bless you and Merry Christmas.

YOUR JESTER
Rating
You are not the only one that goes though this, so don't feel to bad, I'm no doctor but if you read on this you will see many go though it, trust me you will grow out of it, or get help, your choice.

elizabethleica
Rating
listen, you have to tell your parents! or at least your friends! they will help you.

Caitlin N
Rating
As someone who has suffered from depression off and on for the past few years (now 19 years old) I can say that medical attention and medication has been the best thing that has ever happened to me. My life felt the same as yours, but when I started taking Welbutrin (anti-depressant) my quality of life improved greatly. I would say that your parent's will be more understanding than you think, especially because mental illness is often hereditary, they may have suffered in the past from similar difficulties they have never mentioned to you. At your age a lot of doctors will not prescribe anti-depressants because sadly, they can make your depression much, much worse. The best way to combat all of this whether or not you go to your doctors is, in my opinion, to get more exercise, interact more with your family and friends, and get as much sunlight as possible (or light-box light that creates artificial sunlight). It's never easy, I know, but trying to do these things may help your body return to normal, they helped me a lot at times when I needed it.

Phoenix Rising
I know It may be hard for you to believe that you are not alone!!! Please find the courage to begin and sit and talk with someone..It may be a teacher...a friends parent...It's ok to say you need help! Sometimes people may not realize where your at if you don't tell them. Don't be afraid fragile sparrow.....There is the ability to get help!! You need to want to get yourself help.

Your life and all that you are is very important!!! So...Please find your courage...Find you wings and begin to fly!!

Merry Christmas.....Choose LIFE!

Christina
Sweetie! You definitely need to go get help. I felt that way for a long time and I put off getting help, and once I finally did, I was mad at myself for putting it off so long. The longer you put it off, the worse it will get....go do what you need to do to get help.

telboy everton forever
please do go to your doctor this sounds more like agrophobia rather than depression ,your parents need to know nothing about it if you do wish then to know ,good luck and have a merry christmas

Rating
Your parents love you & you should talk to them about this.
Cheer up, kiddo.
Merry Christmas from MN

sou
Rating
i feel like that too.
all i can say is occasional cries to yourself helps a lot.

T'witch
Rating
Don't be scared of seeking medical help, because that's exactly what you need.

"Foolishness"
You should really seek some professional help. Talk to your guidance counselor or confront your parents about your problems. I already lost a friend on thanksgiving who committed suicide and 2 years ago I lost 2 friends who committed suicide because there problems where being avoided and they didn't do anything about it. You must learn to solve your problems instead of letting them drown you until you bury yourself in them to a point there is no escaping them.

Jake
Dont be afraid to talk with your parents. They once where kids to, they just have a little bit more life experience than you. be as friendly with them as you are with us and dont through out the old you never understand me thing because fact of the matter is we all were kids at some point.

Lostgirl
Rating
aw sweetie, geez i felt JUST like you at that age... and i went and got help. opening up to a psychatrist or counsler is hard but it helps! if you have been feeling like this for years then its possible you might have some chemical imbalance in your brain and its NOT your fault. tell your parents about how you feel and go talk to a counsler trust me it helps!!<333 feel better. change your ways while your young & you can.

mf east
Sounds like Bipolar Disorder

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy