Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Does anyone else have this problem? Please help. No rude answers please!?
Whenever I try to go to sleep I am constantly bothered by the thought racing through my head. It will keep me up for hours. I think about the bad things that have happened in my life, how i could ...

Anyone want to cheer me up?
I've had bad news and feel really down. My life seems rubbish and I can't see it ever getting better!...

This is an important question, it will decide on a very big problem which is quite personal. Yes Or No!?
This is the question:

Yes Or No!!...

My daughter, what can i do?
i recently found a bottle of vodka underneath my daughters bed... when i confronted her she said she didnt know where it came from...then i got a call from my sister (my daughter babysits their ...

Does anyone have any weird phobias?? - mine's balloons!!!?
Party Balloons, Hot Air Balloons, Helium Balloons, any sort even balloons made of condoms!!!!

I don't know what it's called - it's bound to have a medical term for it.......

I am insane, what are the chances of me going back to sane?

Additional Details
It's not a trick question it's not in the Games & Recreation section....

Have you ever considered suicide?
I was told by someone that pretty much everyone considers suicide at least once in a life time.. I was wondering, have you?...

What scares you the most?
im scared of spiders and antique ...

WHAT are you afraid of?

Am i weird?
I videoed myself sneezing with my camera phone beacuse i hadnt seen it before, is that strange?
Additional Details
No, my eyes didnt ...

Do you like hamsters?

Additional Details
In Italy,we really HATE hamsters!!...

Do you have any phobias?
im afraid of semi-...

Have you ever felt like you really needed a hug when you were home by yourself and there was no one around?

My fiancee snores?
my fiancee snores loud at night she keeps me up and get sometimes sleepless nights i wake her up tell pinch her nose etc nothing works what can i do to get a more peacefull night please ...

Am I going crazy?
Everytime I see people I imagine scissors or sharp things going into their eyes. Even people that I like! What's happening???? Am I crazy? What should I do?
Additional Details

Do i need help to stop cutting?
my friends are mad at me because i cutt myself. i want to get help butt i dont want to get sent away, or tell my mom.ive tried to tell my sister but she takes it out of porportion. if i tell my mom ...

Does anybody think it's weird that I have imaginary friends?
I have four imaginary friends. I have a lot more real friends, but I prefer my imaginary ones. My mom hates them because I talk to them more than I talk to her. Is this weird??? I'm actually ...

What could this be???
I'm 13. I get bored really easily, and I get depressed even easier. I've cut myself several times out of being depressed, and even more odd, I drank the blood. I can't stand smiling in ...

No friends, never had relationship, anti-social, heavy depression, and miserable. 21 years old?
i have a major issue. i'm 21 and i have NO friends, and i've never even had a relationship with a woman. as you can imagine, my days are BORING as crap. i usually stay online for unhealthy ...

Christians (or anyone who won't diss my religion) - please help me - I am suicidal.?
okay so i will give you a little background.

i have depression, anxiety, especially of social situations, and i am a self harmer.
this week i went to soul survivor, a christian camp ...

spanky
Why do we have dreams? Why are they so often crazy?
by crazy, I mean disjointed etc.. -

Marijane K
Rating
I like to think of dreams as 'spring cleaning' for the brain. In the course of everyday life we are constantly recieving and processing information, though much of it on a subconscious level. I think dreams are a way to clear out the clutter. They take a lot of the extraneous information we gather up during our day to day routines and compile it all together so that it can be delt with and purged from the brain and thus getting rid of some of the mental clutter. This is why they seem random and disjointed - because they are made up of all this random information. That is my wild and wacky theory anyway - lol

Jill
why do we dream? it has something to do w/ our subconsious mind thinking while we sleep. why are they crazy? i don't know, it depends. a lot of the time for me, it's a bunch of things that have happened to me lately all meshed together as one dream.

elliemay
Rating
i don't know exactly. i can only guest. i think dreams are associated with our thoughts. unanswered questions. they can be crazy. like flying! they let you experience what it would be like to fly. how cool is that? but then they can be scary. like someone trying to kill you. it guess that would be a nightmare not a dream. well, hope all your dreams are good ones. :)

Lupita
Rating
I have 5 dream books, there are certain things/symbols that represent certain things... but only you can interpret your dreams.. you should pick up a dream book, it's fascinating

Garnet
Good question. I will give you a star. I have no idea. In some dreams I'm talking to people and in real life I have no clue who they are. Some dreams are repeated over and over. Go figure. If you find out why---please let me know. : }

like_lightining
http://www.psywww.com/books/interp/toc.htm - this site may help you a lot.

Conan the Grammarian
Rating
The way the brain solves problems is that both halves of the brain work on them at the same time. One side is very analytical and attempts to solve the problem by means of logic and measurement and mathematics, while the other is symbolic in nature and calls up image after image in an effort to represent a solution in a more "graphic" way.

During the night, there is nothing to prevent us watching this operation at work, and we get to see the analytical and the image-generating halves of the mind working things out. We might see ourselves flying, then suddenly knee-deep in peanut butter as we attempt to sort out something we encountered during the day.

Often when we wake up in the morning we find that we've solved a problem during the night, while we were sound asleep. The discovery of the shape of the benzene molecule is an example. The scientist who'd been working on it (His name escapes me and will no doubt be presented to me in some strange form during the night.) had worn himself out and nearly despaired of finding a solution. He went to bed and dreamed of a snake holding its tail in its mouth. When the fellow woke up, he suddenly realized that the benzene molecule was in the shape of a ring! Ta DA!

LADIDAH
Rating
i think since were sleeping our brain is resting and not overanalyzing or stressing as much as when were awake. so its able to make up things or rewrite what has happened to us, what we've seen, or what we want.

Vahid
Rating
We have dreams because our minds are free when sleeping. So the subconcious and unconcious part of us "process" the data, and the result would be a film made as dream. Dreams are not crazy, perhaps the dreamer is not informed enough to analyze the dreams and get the points! But I should also add that many dreams are offered in their own way, a natural way, often hard to understand completely.

REnate
Dreams are the brain defragging (like a computer) after a long day: that is all it is about. If something is on your mind it often comes out in dreams.

lented111@yahoo.com
crazy i can tell all questions you have about your future and also help guide you In most productive giving to me by my spiritual guides and your outlook reading please go to phone fate.com search ask Leo or net 981 if i an not on please reserve so when i sign or in i go directly to you. ask Leo

DYNAMITE!
Rating
They are your wishes, hopes, fears, and they are made to tell you things like your relationships and stuff. Sometimes they are involved in deja vu but that is very rare. Often, they are bizarre which makes them so fun to decode! But they are often more nightmares then good ones.

marioma
u knw wat i sometimes ask ma self da same qustion and i dont get except 1 answer cause thats life 2 have a dream and try to make it true or even if u didnt make it ,its gd that u just tryed . i reallly have crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy dreamsss which like mission impossible to b done but its just fun man ... ya having a dream is a gr8 fun !!

Mattman
Rating
I am not a psychiatrist.
I heard that dreams suppose to teach our minds to handle our selves in certain situations.

psycadelic
cause they r a reflection of our sub-consicious mind

fanny gardener
I think its because our minds are sort of like computers, and our dreams are the mind's way of processing things we haven't processed, so we can wake up clear and restored (If you didn't drink the night before!) They aren't supposed to make sense, we have no filter for what goes in our brains.

kiersten
Rating
i'm not really sure, but i know they kinda are about things that you were thinking about or things that have happened.

mzanime2000
Quote >> We dream to resolve issues which have not been resolved in reality, thereby helping to preserve sanity.

I'm not sure I agree with that. I recently had a dream where someone wrecked my car, and I remember saying to my "what am I gonna do?!" feeling all worried and stuff. I also had another dream recently where I was at a party, and everyone got pissed off at me for being a smart-***. Not sure how that helps me resolve issues, since I'm not usually that type of person.

em3maceys
Rating
im not sure. but i was told in my psycology class that if we didnt we would die in our sleep. so it probally has something to do with keeping your mind working while you sleep, but im not exactlly sure, just an idea

Aidan W
Rating
Dreams are basically a jumble of things our minds can't really put in the right order. Things that we've either seen or thought about recently that sneaks from our conscious thought into our subconscious. The most interesting thing is that our dreams are actually only seconds long - like slide-show on fast forward - but when we wake up and remember them they are forced into our conscious thought and THAT'S what makes them seem so long and crazy (because our minds are trying to make sense of them).

Fiona
Rating
dreams reflect what is going on in your sub-conscious. this topic was explored by many artists of the surrealist movement, such as salvador dali. looking at their work might help you understand dreams more.

Sir Readalot
Rating
We dream to resolve issues which have not been resolved in reality, thereby helping to preserve sanity. To accomplish that, the specifics of the issues can be transmuted into constructs which have emotional import but which may seem absurd when subjected to logical scrutiny.

TTJ®
Rating
Some dreams can be based on how you are doing in your life, what your thoughts are, and basically how your family and friends are doing.

I have had dreams in the past about my grandpa really high on sugar, and he ends up dying. Then, I had another dream about me waking up in the morning, and I was walking, and then, I started seeing white, then I hit the wall, and died.

See, dreams can be very crazy.

Churchill c
Rating
well when you dream your subconciousness sort of takes over and you sort of think about things : memories, thought , fears etc. and u dream about 30 times in one night. u also probably wake up about 10 times a night too. so ull remember the dream u wer having when u wake up, if at all u do wake up during a dream. so sometimes u culd b trying to asses 3 or 4 different dreams at once leading up confusion. i hope this helps.

robsgrl
i actually did a report on this in high school. u dream what your subconsious picks up, even if you don't realize it. and you have several different dreams every night, but only remember bits and pieces of it and that's what makes them so crazy. we dream cause our mind is always working, and alot of times it's easier for your mind to get things through to you when you are not so busy and you start remembering things that you saw (your subconsious mind at work). wierd huh? now if i could only figure out why i had a dream of having my first child at home and putting it in the closet and the closet turned into an oven. creepy, but my sister had the same dream when she was pregnant and i had never even told her about mine....lol.

Purple Girl
I think dreams are sort of like data compression or at least defragmentation. We experience so many things in a lifetime and we cannot ever remember it all. So I think common threads and similar data are merged for storage efficiency. So as the data moves around the images stored there are invoked, and emotions are often triggered.

The craziness in a lot of the dreams could be our worse fears coming out. Some of the fears that come out in dreams are dying, wrecking, falling, getting arrested, getting punished, losing property, etc. A lot of times, dreams are a reflection of your recent thoughts. If you watch a frightening movie before bed, you might dream about it.

A lot of weird dreams are also based on what happens while you are sleeping. If you leave the television on, you might just dream you are somehow in the plot. I once left a sci-fi type program on because I was too tired and lazy to turn off the tv and I had a dream about being kidnapped by aliens and being aboard their ship. I knew the nationality of the aliens and everything.

Also related to stuff happening to you while you are asleep, there was the time when I was asleep and the building manager was spraying bug spray in the hallway, you know, the kind that smells a bit like kerosene. My dream was about being in a Catholic church. I'm Baptist, but I had recently visited a Mass service. As I was leaving the church in the dream, I apologized to the priest for how I smelled, explaining that I was doing some extermination before I got there. Then I awoke to the smell of bug spray.

bkirby_78
be happy with your dreams! no matter how strange! Be glad you don't have night terrors *like me*

lavengro59
Rating
They keep us from being hung up on the mundane aspects of life. Just when you think you've got things sorted out a dream pops up and disorients you. It reconnects you to the really deep mysteries and proves, irrefutably, that human beings are more than the sum of their parts.It's nature's way of making sure we "Think outside of the box" once in a while.

realnj973
When we dream our brain releases some sort of drug! So technically we're high when we're dreaming! We're tripping out!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy