Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

What do you find most comforting when you're scared, sad, or otherwise upset?

Does anyone else have this problem? Please help. No rude answers please!?
Whenever I try to go to sleep I am constantly bothered by the thought racing through my head. It will keep me up for hours. I think about the bad things that have happened in my life, how i could ...

Anyone want to cheer me up?
I've had bad news and feel really down. My life seems rubbish and I can't see it ever getting better!...

This is an important question, it will decide on a very big problem which is quite personal. Yes Or No!?
This is the question:

Yes Or No!!...

My daughter, what can i do?
i recently found a bottle of vodka underneath my daughters bed... when i confronted her she said she didnt know where it came from...then i got a call from my sister (my daughter babysits their ...

Does anyone have any weird phobias?? - mine's balloons!!!?
Party Balloons, Hot Air Balloons, Helium Balloons, any sort even balloons made of condoms!!!!

I don't know what it's called - it's bound to have a medical term for it.......

I am insane, what are the chances of me going back to sane?

Additional Details
It's not a trick question it's not in the Games & Recreation section....

Have you ever considered suicide?
I was told by someone that pretty much everyone considers suicide at least once in a life time.. I was wondering, have you?...

What scares you the most?
im scared of spiders and antique ...

WHAT are you afraid of?

Am i weird?
I videoed myself sneezing with my camera phone beacuse i hadnt seen it before, is that strange?
Additional Details
No, my eyes didnt ...

Do you like hamsters?

Additional Details
In Italy,we really HATE hamsters!!...

Do you have any phobias?
im afraid of semi-...

Have you ever felt like you really needed a hug when you were home by yourself and there was no one around?

My fiancee snores?
my fiancee snores loud at night she keeps me up and get sometimes sleepless nights i wake her up tell pinch her nose etc nothing works what can i do to get a more peacefull night please ...

Am I going crazy?
Everytime I see people I imagine scissors or sharp things going into their eyes. Even people that I like! What's happening???? Am I crazy? What should I do?
Additional Details

Do i need help to stop cutting?
my friends are mad at me because i cutt myself. i want to get help butt i dont want to get sent away, or tell my mom.ive tried to tell my sister but she takes it out of porportion. if i tell my mom ...

Does anybody think it's weird that I have imaginary friends?
I have four imaginary friends. I have a lot more real friends, but I prefer my imaginary ones. My mom hates them because I talk to them more than I talk to her. Is this weird??? I'm actually ...

What could this be???
I'm 13. I get bored really easily, and I get depressed even easier. I've cut myself several times out of being depressed, and even more odd, I drank the blood. I can't stand smiling in ...

No friends, never had relationship, anti-social, heavy depression, and miserable. 21 years old?
i have a major issue. i'm 21 and i have NO friends, and i've never even had a relationship with a woman. as you can imagine, my days are BORING as crap. i usually stay online for unhealthy ...

sim
Normal for mom to call her kid this?
She calls me a b*stard and screams at me. Says im stupid and things like that because i dont want to live with her anymore. She tells me i cant live or support myself on my own and threatens me if i try or if i do she will be angry and worse. Im 26 and she will guilt trip me into trying to live with her. Why does she call me a b*stard and do this?
Additional Details
She was married to my father. They are divorced. She guilt trips me and screams at me when I even think of talking to him. When she finds out i get an attitude from her for speaking to my own father at this age.

Yurhynis
Rating
She is a sick woman and very afraid to let you go as she will then be all alone.

She needs help, like counseling or therapy, and you may want to go with her. She needs to know how her behavior towards you is affecting you and that should it continue you probably will never want to have contact with her again once you leave her house.

Do yourself a favor and start looking for your own place. If you are motivated enough you can do anything you set your mind to. Get out of her house!

angel
Strong words from a mother to a son.
She might not want you to leave home. But at 26 it might be time for you to leave.

worldhq101
Your mother is the one who can't lve on her own, or doesn't want to. At your age you should be living your own life. You shouldn't let her guilt you into staying. She is abusive and doesn't deserve your loyalty and you definitely deserve better. Make a plan, get a place of your own, and don't tell her about it until you are ready to go, then tell her and go. She sounds like she may need professional help, and you may too if, at your age you allow her to control you like that. Good luck to you.

Betsy's & Tory's Mewse
she sounds like a verbal abuser who berates you in hopes that you believe her. by doing this she is making you unsure of yourself. which leads to you staying with her. she is probably afraid of being alone too.

Chippy
Rating
She is scared, confused and hurt. You are wanting to leave and this scares her, confuses her (why do they all leave me?) and hurt because you are moving onto a life that doesn't involve her. it's not right for her to call you that, and it should not be acceptable for anyone to hurt you or guilt trip you. You need to remove yourself from the situation and when things calm down, go to her and talk about how you feel. If that doesn't work, then at least you know you tried, and that no matter what, you are better off without her negative influence in your life. Good luck!

lilirishrose
Dude, you are 26. You are a grown man you need to move out. Sounds like she wants you around for her own selfish reasons. You just need to leave. You should have left the nest awhile ago. If you have and job, money, and friends then you have a means. First get a place. Get it set up. Then when you mom is at work move out. Leave a note if you want, but just leave don't tell her where you are at. After a few weeks, call her. I let her know the minute that she starts to guilt trip you that she needs to stop, or you are going to hang up the phone. Tell her that you love her, but you are your own person. And I she can't deal, to talk to her anymore. Call on birthdays, and holidays.

*!Lil_Shawty!*
She's doing this because she doesn't want you to go, she is trying to make u believe that u cant make it on ur own so u will stay with her. i think u should just give her some time, maybe she'll come around. My mom also says things like that when i talk about moving out..maybe she just feels she won't see u as much, like u wont visit her. Just let her know u'll come see her when u can and maybe things will work out.

Good luck..

snoooopdogg
Because she islonely

twostepper_1999
Rating
Sounds to me like she still has issues with your dad leaving her and possibly other men in her life and feels as if you leave her too you won;t come back. But it is not normal for her to call you this and you do need to get out on your own. Just make sure that when you do you communicate with her as so she can see that you are not leaving HER just her resicence. No one should have to live with emotional abuse she is tryingto knock you down and make you feel as though you can't do it. Go for it I have faith in ya that you can strive on your own , Good luck

Emma B
At the age of 26 it is well past the time that you should be thinking of starting out on your own, your mum probably feels that she will be isolated with you gone, but hey, are you going to the other side of the planet?? People will say things when they are angry or upset that they will later regret. Try and talk to her and reassure her that you are not running away, you want your independence.

Kim B
She attempts to destroy your self esteem and maintain control as she is frightened of losing you. Leave. You are trapped and need to escape. You can have a better relationship with her when you face her on your own terms, not living in her house, under her control. You will be happy

ShAz
Rating
leave your house

Little Miss Perfect
No idea... But I think it's because she's mad at something or someone else and she's just taking it out on you. Tell her to stop and leave. If she calls you it again give her time but don't talk to her. Eventually she will cool.

Super Weather Woman
tell somebody that can help go to a theropist w/ her so you can talk about it in a calm manner

dancerali11
Rating
NO NO NO!!! That is VERY wrong of her and I dont blame you!! I hope you will tell someone you trust to help you!!! Good Luck!!

Bill
No, she's emotionally abusive and trying to control you. You can't argue with someone like that, you can just get as FAR from them as possible.

Special K
Rating
Not acceptable. She is a bully. Get out. If you need help, get some counceling for co-dependancy.

craigd2599
Dude...at 26 you shouldn't be living with her anyway. She has issues. get out and don't give her your phone number or address. Living with your mom only sends the subconscious signal that you are unable to survive without her.

Papa Smurf
i think your mother needs to go to a psychologist. it would do both you and your mother good. Try telling her that its not fair what she is doing to you. crying always helps :)

Kookie M
Soounds like your mom has some major issues and you need to get away from her. You need someone who is gonna give you confidence and esteem not try to break you down. get out now honey

vanessa h
shell get over it eventually iif u move out. u should have left years ago as soon as u became an adult. shame on u, ur being a moocher.

cherrysplash102
Rating
that is really bad that she calls you that. That is not normal, and that is horrible, espeially at your age.

music.is.life.♥
omg. get out of the house!!! u r 26 for goodness sake. u could easily support yourself. ignore the guilt if she is so mean to u.

stargrazer
Never normal to call anyone this. This is very low and de-grading.

DX_Lover
Rating
She is soo mean .moms should never call children like that.

madsmaha1
Rating
She has anger issues...she sounds insecure and keeping you tied to her is her only way to function..get out. and get out now..screw the guilt trip!!

XxangelbyheartxX
Rating
i think she really wants u by her side seriously but i dnt know y she would call u that...hmmm...jz live in a apartment or b neighbors probably that'll work out

frogbfound
Rating
sounds like she is scared to be alone but don't let that stop you at some point she must deal with it and you shoudn't subject yourself to her verbal abuse. I would suggest a therapist (for her).

krazyjoe99
Rating
Because she wasn't married to your father. That makes you a b*stard. She's got some problems.

Massive Hussein Mann
Rating
Hey...YOU'RE 26!!! Stand up or get out!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy