Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Why do some people kill others before comitting suicide?
like well it's really sad if they wanna kill themselves, not saying that they should but even if they decide to commit suicide they should just suicide themselves, not kill others, especially ...

Have you ever been depressed?

Why are some people so keen to point out spelling errors and ridicule us at the same time?
Surely we all make the odd mistake. I spelt fourty instead of forty. try checking it on spell check does not show as an ...

I am desperate?
She took the breath right out of me.She left a hole where my heart should be.
Additional Details
I love her so much.....I lost her....

What do you find most comforting when you're scared, sad, or otherwise upset?

Does anyone else have this problem? Please help. No rude answers please!?
Whenever I try to go to sleep I am constantly bothered by the thought racing through my head. It will keep me up for hours. I think about the bad things that have happened in my life, how i could ...

Anyone want to cheer me up?
I've had bad news and feel really down. My life seems rubbish and I can't see it ever getting better!...

This is an important question, it will decide on a very big problem which is quite personal. Yes Or No!?
This is the question:

Yes Or No!!...

My daughter, what can i do?
i recently found a bottle of vodka underneath my daughters bed... when i confronted her she said she didnt know where it came from...then i got a call from my sister (my daughter babysits their ...

Does anyone have any weird phobias?? - mine's balloons!!!?
Party Balloons, Hot Air Balloons, Helium Balloons, any sort even balloons made of condoms!!!!

I don't know what it's called - it's bound to have a medical term for it.......

I am insane, what are the chances of me going back to sane?

Additional Details
It's not a trick question it's not in the Games & Recreation section....

Have you ever considered suicide?
I was told by someone that pretty much everyone considers suicide at least once in a life time.. I was wondering, have you?...

What scares you the most?
im scared of spiders and antique ...

WHAT are you afraid of?

Am i weird?
I videoed myself sneezing with my camera phone beacuse i hadnt seen it before, is that strange?
Additional Details
No, my eyes didnt ...

Do you like hamsters?

Additional Details
In Italy,we really HATE hamsters!!...

Do you have any phobias?
im afraid of semi-...

Have you ever felt like you really needed a hug when you were home by yourself and there was no one around?

My fiancee snores?
my fiancee snores loud at night she keeps me up and get sometimes sleepless nights i wake her up tell pinch her nose etc nothing works what can i do to get a more peacefull night please ...

Am I going crazy?
Everytime I see people I imagine scissors or sharp things going into their eyes. Even people that I like! What's happening???? Am I crazy? What should I do?
Additional Details

diepolitiker
I want to cut myself NOW, what to do so I don't?
It sounds sick, but now, right this second, I want to hurt myself. Is there anything I can do instead? I feel really anxious, restless, and confused, and I've been having sudden feelings of anxiety for no good reason, especially at work, even though my job is not stressful. I cut myself to deal with these feelings. I have been reading a book on cutting to try to learn about it, but it typecasts cutters as freaks- am I, then, a freak? My parents and friends don't know, and I don't have any help.

emo elmo
Rating
prank call some 1 with a micheal jackson sound board frm e baums world

raindrop
you are NOT a freak cutting is a problem that alot of people deal with *im a recovering cutter* i havent done it for a year *knock on wood*

any way some of the things i did to help me not cut is i would paint or write in my journal or i know this sounds stupid but id be girly and paint my nails or do a facial anything to take your mind off of it i know its really hard and its great that your trying to stop

good luck!

you can im me on aim

lupusinsilva

inluvwithb
you're not a freak honey, you just need to talk to your parents or a good friend and please get some help. at least talking to someone should get you through until you can see a professional. please don't hurt yourself.

mike g
Seek help from your parents, They love you and care about you very much, so let them help you through this rough time.. Good Luck

Black Rainbow
Rating
Go and tell a doctor or other professional about you're cutting and other feelings that you are having. They will beable to help.
Try and distract yourself by keeping busy.

Pamela V
Rating
When I was a teenager 150 years ago LOL I used to go to my room and play my rock'n'roll music and dance, dance dance of my anger. I did have a pretty Good understanding father. You could go for a walk, do anything that uses up energy. Do shadow boxing call a friend get your mind off of hurting yourself. Remember these scars will last a life time. So try not to cut. If you can get psychotic help do so. My Older son had a bad cutting problem and I got him help before he ended up dead. Trust your parents talk to them and see if they will get you help. Good luck sweety.

JB
Rating
You've taken some first steps that takes a lot of strength -- You have realized there is a problem and you are reaching out for help.
You are not a freak -- you just need someone to talk to that will be able to help you through this difficult time you are having.

I have found a site that I am hoping will be helpful for you.

Clever Pseudonym
Rating
You should really talk to someone about it- you could seriously injure yourself. I knew a cutter who had an infection so bad she had to be hospitalized. Trite as this may sound, why don't you go home and take a bubble bath. It always calms me down.

SoREAL
Rating
Talk TO Your Parents NOW. You probably have a problem in your life that you feel you cant deal with or makes you feel like ****. Im Sorry, but don't hurt yourself get help now. I looked at some of your answers to find out about you (not tryin to be creepy tryin to help) and I think i know your problem.

" I am completely head over heels in love with my best friend, and she's a girl and so am I! "

YOur gonna have to put down the Razor, NOW and GET HELP. You Shouldnt be blaming yourself and don't go on Yahoo answers for help because half these people are retarded.

REALLY
first of all, you need to talk to your friends and parents. they will help you. i don't understand the cutting thing, except, i heard that it releases your hurt (temporarily). do not cut yourself. it is not acceptable. you are stronger than that i think, don't you?

cireengineering
You are suffering from a form of depression. You should seek advice from a counselor. I would suggest talking to someone you can confide your feelings to. Most companies offer mental health with their employee health insurance. You're not a freak, just confused.

Mutly
first of all no you're not a freak. there are several things you can do to help when you're experiencing the urge to do it.
first of all avoid things that may trigger the urge. it's possible that reading about it right now may not be the best thing to do, especially if you're reading the wrong books.
there are several techinques you can use to fight it.
try writing your feelings out either in a journal or creative writing outlet (e.g. short story or poem)
physical exercise can also help a lot of times, cutting releases endorphines (the feel good hormone) you can achieve the same effect (usually) by pushing yourself physically. go for a run/walk, kick a ball around, something physical that's away from the sharp objects.
sometimes talking to someone can help, not even necessarily about what's bothering you.
go to a movie. just make sure it's not something thats going to set you off.
ice works really well. stick your hand or foot in a bucket of ice. it stings but doesn't really do any damage. (i have a bad ankle so when i did this i usually stuck my foot in ice and people just figured it was bothering me)
holding on to an icecube can help too
another thing you should seriously consider doing is finding a counselor/therapist that you can talk to. you don't necessarily have to tell them about the cutting when you meet them (I normally don't) but it can help to have someone to talk things out with.
if you ever need to get a hold of someone e-mail me. i've been there and know how hard it can be sometimes. the good news is you can get past this. last time I cut was July 25, 2005 so there is hope.

zsmom
Rating
Please, please, please don't cut yourself. Do you have anyone to talk to about this? Can you go talk to your medical doctor about this? Boystown has a national hotline and teens (I'm guessing you're a teen) can call about anything. The number is 1-800-448-3000. Please get some help. Don't try to go through this alone. Good luck.

starla_c
Sweetheart, you need to let your folks know what is going on. You do not NEED to continue to feel this way. There's help out there and you need it now. Please let your parents know. They love you and want to help you.

Don't cut. It only gets easier to do each time you do it and it could kill you. I know....... I've been where you are.

Please seek help right this minute. Tell your mom and dad how you are feeling so they can help you get the help you need. You won't regret it. I promise!

Barbie
Rating
I have been there... if there isnĀ“t anyone you can go to, my IM id barbiecutepie .... I am not an experienced doctor, but I have some experience and if you want, I can help you through it unitil you feel better, ok?

...LOST...
I am a X cutter and i know what feeling you are having. The only way i stopped cutting was to talk to who now is my boyfriend so if you want to plkease email me just dont cut there is a website you can go to too and they might be able to help. No you are not a freak i used to think i was a freak too, i can relly help you because i know what you are going through. Here is the website.... www.psyke.org............. PLEASE dont cut. Good luck to you and e mail me ANY TIME

CJ
Good for you, asking for help....You hit the nail on the head, you cut because you're running away from your anxiety and restlessness. The same reason people drink or do drugs. Sit down and get quite, breath and meditate. You need to talk to someone you're not a freak. Call a helpline if you can't tell a freind or your faimliy.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Lucy1125
Walk, Play with a pet, Watch Tv, Do something that you like to do

rochelle
You are not a freak at all there are millions of people who do what you do ...call a friend or talk with someone in your house. Leave the room you are in and get off the computer...No one wants someone they love to cut or hurt themselves..go hang with ur family for a while and when you get the courage talk to them about it they will help you.

conundrum_dragon
Rating
Don't do it....there are all kinds of things that can go wrong actually try talking to your friends and family sometimes they can be the best help in these cases..no I was never a cutter I went further and tried to actually kill myself. Its not worth it talk to your family or friends they will be there for you they actually do care.

nikki72
* Splash water on your face. This will help alter you concentration, attention, and physical senstions.
* Take a bath or shower. "Immersing yourself in either warm or cold water will change your body's temperature, thus changing your physical sensations."
* Make you whole body as tense as you can. When you release this tension, your body will feel more relaxed.
* Change the temperature of your environment. It can be either really warm or really cold. Creating such a drastic change will alter how you feel on a physical level and can also help reduce or eliminate dissociation.
* Color you body to resemble what would have happened if you did hurt yourself. For example, draw red lines on yourself instead of cutting. But make sure to use nontoxic art supplies for this method.
* Hold an ice cube in your hand. The pain from the ice will resemble the pain from self-injury. But the result will not be as harmful or dangerous to your body.
* Plunge your arm into a bucket of ice water. The shock of the cold and the pain from this will resemble the pain from SI.
* Play an audiotape or videotape of yourself that you have recorded previously. In this tape, state all the reasons why you like yourself and why you should not hurt yourself. This will raise your self-awareness and may make you feel loved.
* Call, write, or visit a friend, family member, significant other, or therapist.

1. Write a poem.
2. Listen to soothing or music.
3. Talk with somebody close to you.
4. Write a story.
5. Pray.
6. Call a friend.
7. Snap your wrist with a rubber band.
8. Sew.
9. Take a nap.
10. Leave the room or the house.
11. Read a good book.
12. Work in the garden.
13. Do arts and crafts.
14. Watch television.
15. Cook a meal.
16. Call a hotline or support group, or post on a message board.
17. Use washable, non-toxic markers to "cut" your skin.
18. Let yourself cry.
19. Dance.
20. Draw.
21. Excercise or work out in some way.
22. Get a massage.
23. Hug someone.
24. Help someone.
25. Paint something.
26. Play a musical instrument.
27. Write a letter to the person or problem that is upsetting you, but don't mail it.
28. Run around the block.
29. Scream at the top of your lungs.
30. See a friend.
31. Do some sculpting.
32. Go shopping.
33. Shout.
34. Sing.
35. Go skating.
36. Take a bath.
37. Take a sauna.
38. Throw things (such as icecubes or your pillow, NOT something like glass).
39. Vent about what you are upset about.
40. Take a walk.
41. Watch a movie.
42. Go window shopping.
43. Do yoga.
44. Hit a punching bag.
45. Clean your room or the house.
46. Cuddle with someone.
47. Go cycling.
48. Diving.
49. Go for a drive.
50. Play a game or color in a coloring book.
51. Go swimming.
52. Play the piano.
53. Shred a phonebook or a newspaper into a thousand pieces.
54. Write a song.
55. Fighting.
56. Make or work on a website.
57. Take a long shower.
58. Meditate.

Noodles
You are not a freak. You are just trying to find comfort in a way. I guess. However, if anything you are harming yourself. And there is no reason to harm yourself in anyway. I'm sure you are a intelligent and beautiful individual. So I would ask you get some help with this. My sister cut herself because of her former bf. But that never solved anything. She has gotten some help and is now doing better then before the cutting.

- Do not go through with it.
(why?)

Because you are worth more then that.

:)

In fact, find a mirror and just smile. See yourself smile and let someone you know, love, and trust about this. Get some help and remember that you are more then this behavior.

CctbOh
Rating
Talk to your parents or friends and let them know. You need to tell someone and get some help. Try taking a walk instead of cutting yourself.

hydexsys
Rating
Why dont you try to give yourself a kiss instead.
Love yourself as no one has loved you before.
Feel that you are the mother of yourself and see how you fell if your daughter does that to yourself.
be your own parent and love yourself .. a lot.
You are unique and specila.. for me, and for a lot of other people.
Hug yourself in your mind and even physically.
be your own best friend.

Sam
You have to go tell somebody..... tell your mom or dad, whoever will give you a hug afterwards.

You are NOT a freak, I hope the book explained that it is a mismatch of thought patterns that causes people to cut.....it is ok to go through those changes, but it is not ok to go through them alone or to cut yourself in the process.

Please don't be afraid to be imperfect today, go tell your parent and they will help to get some help lined up.

Angelo A
Rating
No sweetie, you are not a freak. You need to find ways to cope with the feelings, perhaps counseling would be a good start.

But for the immediate current moment, go for a walk look at the world and breath.

Patch
Sweetie, you need to talk to someone. Your parents love you the most and will help you! It will be hard, probably the hardest thing you've ever done, but this is something that you really really need to do so please please talk to your parents, or one of them. Just start by saying, "I need help with something that is really hard for me to talk about." They'll help you take it from there, but get it out in the open.

No no no, you are not a freak. Everyone has "things" and this is yours. Take responsibility and do the right thing for yourself - get help; You will learn, grow, and be thankful in the longrun.

I have three daughters and I would want to know if they needed help with anything like this. In fact, I would be dissapointed if they didn't come to me if they needed help. I didn't just birth them; I want to keep them healthy and happy.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy