Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I want to cut myself NOW, what to do so I don't?
It sounds sick, but now, right this second, I want to hurt myself. Is there anything I can do instead? I feel really anxious, restless, and confused, and I've been having sudden feelings of ...

Do i have a problem or am i just weird?
Im 15 years old and im sophmore in high school, but im severly socially deprived. I've always been shy, quiet, good kid and never liked to stand out or participate in things since elementary ...

Please do not judge me…?
I hate myself. I have been unemployed for a year and one day and I feel so ashamed. I’m not exactly qualified for any of the jobs I really want because of my lack of formal education. The only ...

I'm feeling really depressed. Can anyone help me?
I should be feeling really happy today, and Iwas (for like, twenty minutes). I won first prize in a music competition, and I thought everyone was really proud and happy for me. THan, my daad started ...

Normal for mom to call her kid this?
She calls me a b*stard and screams at me. Says im stupid and things like that because i dont want to live with her anymore. She tells me i cant live or support myself on my own and threatens me if i ...

Why do we have dreams? Why are they so often crazy?
by crazy, I mean disjointed etc.. -...

Has anyone heard of cutting? My sister who is 22 does it and she shows it off like it's a badge of honor..
I don't understand the need to cut.. Can anyone help me out in understanding why someone would cut themself? She says she has been doing it for years. She will cut herself so deep that she has ...

What is the best lesson u learned from life?
what makes u feel happy in life ?...

Im soooo deppressed!!! i cut myself and dont know wat to do!!!?
im seriously depressed im on the larger side of things and im 13 !!!! people make fun of me! plz help b 4 i do sumtin i regret!...

What does it mean about my personality, when writing i write in cursive and print in the same sentence or even

If you cut yourself does that mean you have a mental illness?
Okay well I do cut myself, and people are always talking about like all these "mental illnesses" you most liikely have if you cut? Cant you just do it with out having to be "messed up&...

Why do some people kill others before comitting suicide?
like well it's really sad if they wanna kill themselves, not saying that they should but even if they decide to commit suicide they should just suicide themselves, not kill others, especially ...

Have you ever been depressed?

Why are some people so keen to point out spelling errors and ridicule us at the same time?
Surely we all make the odd mistake. I spelt fourty instead of forty. try checking it on spell check does not show as an ...

I am desperate?
She took the breath right out of me.She left a hole where my heart should be.
Additional Details
I love her so much.....I lost her....

What do you find most comforting when you're scared, sad, or otherwise upset?

Does anyone else have this problem? Please help. No rude answers please!?
Whenever I try to go to sleep I am constantly bothered by the thought racing through my head. It will keep me up for hours. I think about the bad things that have happened in my life, how i could ...

Anyone want to cheer me up?
I've had bad news and feel really down. My life seems rubbish and I can't see it ever getting better!...

This is an important question, it will decide on a very big problem which is quite personal. Yes Or No!?
This is the question:

Yes Or No!!...

My daughter, what can i do?
i recently found a bottle of vodka underneath my daughters bed... when i confronted her she said she didnt know where it came from...then i got a call from my sister (my daughter babysits their ...

Princess_Lovely12
My friend is turning into a huge sl*t and is doing drugs. I'm trying to make hers top but nothing is working!
My good friend is doing drugs and becoming a big sl*t. I want her to stop being that way but nothing seems to be working! I used to be suicidal and she knows this so I told her that if she doesn't stop at least doing drugs, I am going to start cutting again. I even told her that as I was tlaking to her, I was going for my old razor I used to use. She didn't even care. She just said "If you can cut, I can get high." I told her I would stop if she did, but that didn't work either. I'm afraid she is already too far gone to even help anymore....HELP!!

caitie
Rating
I was in the similar situation. My friend became pergent and is kicked out of her house. She dropped out of high school and now walk the streets begging for money. I tried to help her. The lesson you should get from my story is you can lead the horse to water but you can't make it drink. I don't mean to be cruel, but even in your condition you have to know there is not much you can do. You can try a 72 hour watch from the local psych ward. You risk losing it all though. By the way DO NOT GIVE HER CASH! It will be spent on drugs if she is that hooked.

vegasbill1963
Rating
your cutting your self over her?!!,how did she get to be so lucky?do your self a favor and quit treating her like a GOD,pray and do something different .like getting a new friend.

my4boyz1234
sounds like the both of you need counseling....how dare you tell her if she doesn't stop you are going to cut again,,,I really pray that you don't if your friend doesn't care about herself of your feelings then she is really not a friend.....TAKE CARE OF YOU......stay blessed.

sweet77baby
this is a very serious situation, you need to contact her parents and let them know whats going on. I don't think you telling her you're going to cut yourself is going to help, its just going to make it worse. You have to be the strong person and help her not bargain with her

SolMan
Rating
Everyone needs to make their own mistakes. Don't own other people's problems!

iloveicecream103
Rating
OMG! I'm so sorry!

Try Counseling, it works!

mike_ezx1369
send her to me

idontkno
you both need help .please get some .talk to someone be for you hurt yourself.

kcislandgirl1980
Rating
Sorry, but you can't help somebody that don't won't to help themselves:) Don't hurt yourself though...your life should mean more to you, why should you care for her if she don't.

ProfessorFarnsworth
If she doesn't want to stop....she won't stop. It's got to be on her own will...only so much you can do.

And I wouldn't try emotional blackmail to get someone to bend to your will...that isn't fair no matter what your intentions are.

floyd
tell her parents

nelson_devon
Rating
Stop being her friend. Save yourself.

Tulsa Time
We all have the freedom to make mistakes. But with freedom comes responsibility. And the more freedom that you have the more responsible that you must be. Or that freedom will go away. She is being selfish in choosing to be this way. She needs to know that it's not all about her and there are other people counting on her to be there. Like you for example. And her parents. And all of her other friends. And for anyone else that said that it's OK to be irresponsible because you have freedom to do what you want. You are wrong. Irresponsibility will come back to haunt you at some point in time. It's a fact. If you don't get in trouble with your parents you will get in trouble with someone else like the police for example. They aren't as tolerant as your parents BTW.

bade_at_midnight
Tell an authority figure. If she is a true friend, she will thank you. And don't start cutting again.

hjbergel
Rating
try talking to her family,maybe they are not aware of what is going on with her life.ABOVE ALL DO SOMETHING BEFORE SHE ENDS UP AS WORM FOOD IN A SIX FOOT HOLE

dasiavou
It sounds like she is not a very good friend, but since you care so much about her...it sounds like you both need some very supportive other friends. Threatening to hurt yourself is not the way to convince her, it sounds like she is too selfish for that. Make her realize that what she is doing is stupid and self-destructive. Let her know that you are there for her if and when she wants help, but you are not going to grovel and beg. That's what she wants...

buck_wonderz
Rating
tell her parents n if that dont work go to the guidance n then to the police ya she will be mad but it is worth it
good luck n have a great day

Big.Dave
Rating
Well, if you really care about her, take it seriously. There are laws against drugs, and there are people who get paid to enforce those laws. Additionally, as others have said, professional help sounds like it wouldn't hurt.

Elizoria
Rating
From experience, nothing can stop someone from doing something they want or need (because of addiction, or otherwise) to do. I have tried to help 2 of my "friends" stop doing drugs, to no avail. They are no longer in my life, I had to set them free. Sorry to say, that you will probably have to distance yourself from her, or be taken down with her. You can't help people who don't want it, and you will just waste your precious time and resources trying.

I hope that your threat to her was just an idol threat, and that you wouldn't actually start hurting yourself again to make her stop sleeping around and doing drugs.

If you truly want to help this person, maybe you should turn to her parents. She'll hate you for it, but if you care about her life more than your friendship, it may be the route to go.

Take care of yourself.

happyjack
Rating
My wife has a friend that way, I wish she would listen to me too. my best answer is to stay away, you did your part , Good Luck...

Redeemer
Slap her! Slap her silly, and maybe she'll get it.

ecurb25
Wish I could. I helplessly watched my son go down a similar path. It's heart breaking. She already needs professional help.

Vampires[will never hurt you]
you need to talk to an adult about it. whether its her parents, yours, a teacher, or whoever. they will be able to help you

Beth
Rating
Tell a trusted adult, theres nothing else you can do, and be prepared to lose her as a friend.
Good luck!

sarahchristinejenne
How old is she? In school? Tell your parents, her parents, counselor, or some other adult you trust.

DO NOT START CUTTING AGAIN. This can start out mild and quickly become destructive again. If she doesn't care about you (or says she doesn't), that's all the more reason to get her help.

Do not feel guilty about "telling on her" and getting her in trouble for drugs. You may lose a friend in the short run, but you may save her life in the long run.

She is not "too far gone" for help. You need to get the adults in her life involved to show her how much she is loved and how much trouble she could get herself into.

Try to help her, but if it really doesn't work out in the end, keep in mind that you need to protect yourself and stay away from destructive people.

▒Яenée▒
GET AWAY NOW!
You can't be friends with someone who has problems like that. You need to make sure her family knows about her drug problem and let her be until she is off drugs.

Life lover
You both need to be admitted in a hospital. This is sick when you do what you do because she does what she does. Get help by talking to yours and her parents, priest or teacher. someone that could take control of this..

scorpionx182009
well show her the downside of drugs u know like videos and for the sl*t part u cant help and dont be sucicdal, my friend almost died from doing that

yOUNG Buck
Rating
tell her to stop drop and roll

Anonymous
Get the parents involved if it's really bad... That or you keep on being persistant.

lala ♥ (undress to impress)
You have to sit down with your friend and have a long serious talk with her and tell her how much your nervous for her because of what she is doing and how she can get hurt from all her negative actions.You shouldn't try to make her feel guilty by saying you'll start cutting again because that won't help and it won't persuade her because she'll just say she has the right to get high as much as you do cutting.Let her know that if she doesn't get rid of her habbits that you don't feel comfortable with her having she could lose you as a friend.Don't get mad at her or yell be calm and be the best possible friend that you can and motivate her into becoming something better and hopefully she will reconsider.If she doesn't listen to you,you must tell an adult you trust and they can take it from there.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy