Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

How come people kill cats for the fun of it?
I knew someone who killed 5 cats, JUST FOR FUN!
I know he was getting pretty physcotic, but i didn't think he would go to the extent of killing cats.....

Is this an early sign of ...

Is it okay for a teen to feel depressed?
I have a lot going on including my first heart break, multi sports, and the pressure of schoolwork. Can someone help me out and make me feel better?
Additional Details

My boyfriend thinks im pregnant, i know im not. should i tell him the truth?

I want to cut myself NOW, what to do so I don't?
It sounds sick, but now, right this second, I want to hurt myself. Is there anything I can do instead? I feel really anxious, restless, and confused, and I've been having sudden feelings of ...

Do i have a problem or am i just weird?
Im 15 years old and im sophmore in high school, but im severly socially deprived. I've always been shy, quiet, good kid and never liked to stand out or participate in things since elementary ...

Please do not judge me…?
I hate myself. I have been unemployed for a year and one day and I feel so ashamed. I’m not exactly qualified for any of the jobs I really want because of my lack of formal education. The only ...

I'm feeling really depressed. Can anyone help me?
I should be feeling really happy today, and Iwas (for like, twenty minutes). I won first prize in a music competition, and I thought everyone was really proud and happy for me. THan, my daad started ...

Normal for mom to call her kid this?
She calls me a b*stard and screams at me. Says im stupid and things like that because i dont want to live with her anymore. She tells me i cant live or support myself on my own and threatens me if i ...

Why do we have dreams? Why are they so often crazy?
by crazy, I mean disjointed etc.. -...

Has anyone heard of cutting? My sister who is 22 does it and she shows it off like it's a badge of honor..
I don't understand the need to cut.. Can anyone help me out in understanding why someone would cut themself? She says she has been doing it for years. She will cut herself so deep that she has ...

What is the best lesson u learned from life?
what makes u feel happy in life ?...

Im soooo deppressed!!! i cut myself and dont know wat to do!!!?
im seriously depressed im on the larger side of things and im 13 !!!! people make fun of me! plz help b 4 i do sumtin i regret!...

What does it mean about my personality, when writing i write in cursive and print in the same sentence or even

If you cut yourself does that mean you have a mental illness?
Okay well I do cut myself, and people are always talking about like all these "mental illnesses" you most liikely have if you cut? Cant you just do it with out having to be "messed up&...

Why do some people kill others before comitting suicide?
like well it's really sad if they wanna kill themselves, not saying that they should but even if they decide to commit suicide they should just suicide themselves, not kill others, especially ...

Have you ever been depressed?

Why are some people so keen to point out spelling errors and ridicule us at the same time?
Surely we all make the odd mistake. I spelt fourty instead of forty. try checking it on spell check does not show as an ...

I am desperate?
She took the breath right out of me.She left a hole where my heart should be.
Additional Details
I love her so much.....I lost her....

What do you find most comforting when you're scared, sad, or otherwise upset?

Does anyone else have this problem? Please help. No rude answers please!?
Whenever I try to go to sleep I am constantly bothered by the thought racing through my head. It will keep me up for hours. I think about the bad things that have happened in my life, how i could ...

sodium_lights
Is it illegal to commit suicide?

izzyisobel123
if that is how you are feeling plz seek some help and dont let the silly replies make you feel any worse . if it is just a Qs i really dont know if it is illeagal at the time it never entered my head if it was or wasnt Take care

kiwi
Yes. Also, most insurances won't pay the survivors.

If you're feeling suicidal, call the suicide help line. Or, get ahold of your doctor and/or emergency room.

Darjeeling Snow
but the idea is to be happy, darling.... not to worry about such things...

peace & love

have a lovely day!

KANGA
Rating
Surprised nobody has asked why you are asking!! The problems are that normally Insurance companies do not pay up insurance policies if you commit suicide. It is supposidly illegal although if you do it nobody will ever be able to charge you for it. You'll just leave behind others in pain. It has a ripple effect on family and friends and aquintences.

oawisbrill
Not in the UK, although suicide is not a natural cause of death and is one of the possible verdicts of a coroners inquest. Many religions consider it unacceptable to commit suicide, and it is certainly very sad for all those left behind. I do hope that you are not considering such a measure!

Jet
Yes, and you'll be proscecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Oh wait, nevermind, you'll be dead.

Stu pid
Rating
It is illeagal to attempt to commit suicide

grumpcookie
Rating
yes, you can be executed for it !

The Oak
Yes. There are actually places in the world that have this stupidest ever law.

Dancing with love
Rating
yes... but they cant punish people for it though...

Jack
Rating
In the United States it is illegal. A failed attempt can be prosecuted.
If you are suicidal, seek help. The number of failed suicides is very high. The disabilities and harm incurred are objectionable. They range from physical to mental to a combination of the two.
It is better not to attempt such an act. There are legal reprocutions for survivors as well as psychological ones.

aelius28
Yes it is. It's the only crime that cannot be punished if successfully committed.

Cute But Evil
I think in most cases, assuming one doesn't succeed in the attempt, police are not involved. Usually you will have to suffer through a psychiatric evaluation and a stay at a mental ward facility. They will try to "fix" you with therapists and meds...

If you believe in God it's REALLY not a good idea. Christians believe that suicide is the ultimate sin and you won't go to Heaven if you kill yourself...

The way I look at it is that if you kill yourself there's no chance for anything to get better because you are dead and you can't make life better if you don't exist anymore. Even if you are depressed, anxious etc. there is always some amount of hope that things could get better. I do know how that feeling is but I just keep hoping that things will get better. I also try to remember that it's selfish to take your own life because you are affecting those people who love you and leaving them behind to grieve over your loss...

Don
Rating
no it isnt but why would u do it?, are u really that selfish?

veito da costa
i believe it is. Insurance is also void.

Adawg
I understand you might be depressed, but please suicide is not the answer.

greek302
Rating
It's Illigal, and alot of times a bad idea. If you have the oppurtunity to be online and have things like this, your already doing better then most.

Emilee
Rating
it's illegal to help someone.

sasha
Rating
yes in the UK and other countries

Alicat
well it's not like they can prosecute you for it!!

private dick
Rating
yes...you can be hung for it so dont bother pal!

2dog
It used to be a criminal offence here in the UK but is no longer an offence. Assisting a person to commit suicide is .. and it carries a mandatory 14 years inside.

Some insurance companies don't pay out on Suicide cases.

Suicide leaves loved ones and friends devastated. it's the most dreadful thing to accept when the person that did it was loved so deeply by so many, a piece of your heart dies.

Gargirl™®
Yes. Apparantly we are not the masters of our domain.

denise g
Rating
well they cannot take you to court when you are dead can they, but is it illegal in God,s law to as Choose you and made you even before you were born and you are special and he loves you so much he sent his only son to die for you a son he loves dearly.
That is how special you are. Don,t believe crap you may have heard about yourself believe the truth what God says about you and the bible says we have to renew our thinking through daily bible reading. and mediation. YOu are loved say it out loud everyday and defeat those negative thoughts denise take care beloved

rkn3480
probally ,but what are they going to do about it ,they can't arrest you , when your dead.

Litmus180
If you unsucessfully attempt suicide the police can 'arrest' you under section 136 of the mental health act. This is not because you have commited a crime it is just the police's ability to take you to a place of safety if you are presenting as a risk to others or yourself due to your mental state.

Older law did class suicide as a crime but that was likely due to religious culture then.

Insurance companies wil not pay out for a suicide.

fanella
Rating
it cancels out any insurance you might have had they dont pay out to next of kin

cheekyegg
Rating
weirdly it is. they throw your corpse in the slammer

huggz
In the UK...no, but its illegal to help someone commit suicide

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy