Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I am suffering from depression just lately. Please Help?

Im gonna die?
im 15 & i cant sleep @ night. i lie awake in bed every school night. im so tired @ school. i lie awake as the hours go by. i dont drink caffeine or exercise. what should i do? i have to go to ...

My New Girlfriend is an Alcoholic! What should I do?
I have just found out that my new girlfriend of only 5 months is an alcoholic. I had know idea until this weekend when I found her totally drunk, dilerious and injured. It scared me like nothing in ...

I feat that i am going to hell?
and there isnt anything i can do about it. ifeel that lots of stuff that goes on around me is making my afterlife that much more horrible. is there a name for this kind of thinking? what can be ...

Is this normal?
My wife talks to my stomach! Several times throughout the day, she comes up to me, lifs up my shirt, bends down and says "Hi! You're so cute! I miss you!" But she calls ME crazy!<...

If I were to smoke Marijuana tonite, would I be ok to take a test on Tuesday?
I have a college placement test to take on Tuesday and I was wondering if smoking tonight could affect me at all.
Additional Details
I ...

How come people kill cats for the fun of it?
I knew someone who killed 5 cats, JUST FOR FUN!
I know he was getting pretty physcotic, but i didn't think he would go to the extent of killing cats.....

Is this an early sign of ...

Is it okay for a teen to feel depressed?
I have a lot going on including my first heart break, multi sports, and the pressure of schoolwork. Can someone help me out and make me feel better?
Additional Details

My boyfriend thinks im pregnant, i know im not. should i tell him the truth?

I want to cut myself NOW, what to do so I don't?
It sounds sick, but now, right this second, I want to hurt myself. Is there anything I can do instead? I feel really anxious, restless, and confused, and I've been having sudden feelings of ...

Do i have a problem or am i just weird?
Im 15 years old and im sophmore in high school, but im severly socially deprived. I've always been shy, quiet, good kid and never liked to stand out or participate in things since elementary ...

Please do not judge me…?
I hate myself. I have been unemployed for a year and one day and I feel so ashamed. I’m not exactly qualified for any of the jobs I really want because of my lack of formal education. The only ...

I'm feeling really depressed. Can anyone help me?
I should be feeling really happy today, and Iwas (for like, twenty minutes). I won first prize in a music competition, and I thought everyone was really proud and happy for me. THan, my daad started ...

Normal for mom to call her kid this?
She calls me a b*stard and screams at me. Says im stupid and things like that because i dont want to live with her anymore. She tells me i cant live or support myself on my own and threatens me if i ...

Why do we have dreams? Why are they so often crazy?
by crazy, I mean disjointed etc.. -...

Has anyone heard of cutting? My sister who is 22 does it and she shows it off like it's a badge of honor..
I don't understand the need to cut.. Can anyone help me out in understanding why someone would cut themself? She says she has been doing it for years. She will cut herself so deep that she has ...

What is the best lesson u learned from life?
what makes u feel happy in life ?...

Im soooo deppressed!!! i cut myself and dont know wat to do!!!?
im seriously depressed im on the larger side of things and im 13 !!!! people make fun of me! plz help b 4 i do sumtin i regret!...

What does it mean about my personality, when writing i write in cursive and print in the same sentence or even

If you cut yourself does that mean you have a mental illness?
Okay well I do cut myself, and people are always talking about like all these "mental illnesses" you most liikely have if you cut? Cant you just do it with out having to be "messed up&...

honey lugs
Have you ever had the kind of day where you want to stay inside the house and not face the world at all?

Bobbie
Rating
I did today, I forced myself to go out in the garden, it was an effort because my heart was so so heavy. i felt like I was never ever going to be happy ever again. I just wanted to crawl into bed and stay there with the covers over my head, but I made myself go outside. It was raining but it did not matter, it made me feel alive. I did just the opposite to what my mind wanted me to do. It would have been so much easier to hide. I think everyone has days like these. If you are feeling like this, I hope tomorrow is brighter for you. Take care.

baberae
Often. If I feel that way I go with it.

lilmisslostit
Rating
yep at least once a week...wots wrong wiv vegging out on the sofa in front of the tv, not getting washed or dressed...it's good for the soul to have a full day off

He who knows _____
Rating
I have been like that for the past several weeks. I can't deal with people at all. I get panicky, paranoid & just want to run inside, lock the door, close the curtains & shut out the world completely. And that's just walking the 8 metres to the letterbox ! As much as I feel sorry for myself, I feel doubly sorry for you as I know what your're going through. Sorry I don't have any positive answers for you. Good luck.

okmyway2day
Rating
There are many ppl who want to stay inside all the time...and not face the world....how long has this been happening?...if longer than a few days you, or who you know with this situation....my suggestion to your question is, to seek professional help...that is said from the heart....not critically in the least.....good luck....just don't think you are or the one you know, is the only one with this problem...

Dick s
Rating
Seems lots of us have those days honey lugs, so you're not alone. Bit of humour helps to lift things, sometimes. Earlier answer was to to put on your best dress, bit o' lippy, go to the hairdressers......but I tried that, didn't work for me, all I got was strange looks........... :-) Just keep cosy, 'till you're ready again.

Adam G
Rating
Yeah, did you ever read The Catcher in the Rye? I feel like I'm a deaf-mute sometimes because I don't face anything. It's frustrating.

april
Yes i had one on Tuesday, just stayed in and answered questions,

Aries24
Ive been doing that for the last 15yrs but then im a manic depressive & under a shrink, if you feel that low girl please get some help & dont land up like me, I left it to late & now have lost the will & knowledge to integrate with society, just the safety of my home for me.

Karljt
I have lots of times

megajen2000
Ye nearly every day

wespectmyauthoritah
Rating
My worst day ever, I got into an accident (my fault) going into work during an ice storm. While exchanging information with the other person, I locked my keys in the car, with the car running, and all of the electronics still on. After trudging through a person's yard to ask if I could use their phone (because I had forgotten my cellular), I had my wife and 2 year old daughter come and unlock my car. I turned off the ignition and sent them on their way. When I went to restart the car, the battery was dead, and I had to call my wife again and have her come to give me a jump. The accident had occurred at about 8AM, and by the time I got the car re-started it was almost noon. My wife dropped off my cell phone this time, and I decided to call in sick to work. I should never have gotten out of bed that day.

julesl68
Yes, every once in a great while. For me, it happens when the weather starts to get cold and rainy.

l.lo
Rating
Yes everyone has days like that

motherfourchildren
Rating
Sure have. Especially when it's storming outside. I want to stay in bed underneath the covers & either watch t.v. or read a good book.

srracvuee
Rating
yes, and a few thousand more people have also had the feeling especially now at this turmoil thats going on in our country, its not the peaceful country we have always known.

mjkeida
Would anyone be reading this if noone could relate?

confide_angel
Rating
im having one today

churie78
Like today you mean? Yep.

Fleur de Lis
Absolutely.

kez
Rating
yes, usualy when the weathers cr@p my energy levels dip realy low.

no6leaf6clover6
yup, many a time

Bubbles
Rating
yeah been that way for over a week for me, got totally screwed out of a promotion and really is hard to face everyone, I wish I didn't need money to support my 2 kids, otherwise I would stay home for 2 weeks to rest and look for employment elsewhere.

Kenneth H
Yes, may day started in 1984.

Christina
Rating
yes.

Orange ♥Mocha♥ Frappuccino
Definately. i know how you feel.
The bright side to this is...the next day it is usually better

gennalo
I've had many of those dayz..when you are feeling this way, take a cold shower, make yourself a nice meal, dress up and use lipstick. then decide on a location that will be appealing and attentive, jump in your car, leave the house, and head towards life's suprises. never stay at home because you won't experience anything...

Xan
Rating
Many times. Mainly when I'm really ill and feel that I couldn't finish a single sentence.

S_J
yes

Jerdy
Rating
in a mounth, 50%

truefrog2002
Rating
yes i have

but, babe, you have to face the world, even if it seems the worlds about to cave in around you

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy