Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Have you ever been depressed?

Why are some people so keen to point out spelling errors and ridicule us at the same time?
Surely we all make the odd mistake. I spelt fourty instead of forty. try checking it on spell check does not show as an ...

I am desperate?
She took the breath right out of me.She left a hole where my heart should be.
Additional Details
I love her so much.....I lost her....

What do you find most comforting when you're scared, sad, or otherwise upset?

Does anyone else have this problem? Please help. No rude answers please!?
Whenever I try to go to sleep I am constantly bothered by the thought racing through my head. It will keep me up for hours. I think about the bad things that have happened in my life, how i could ...

Anyone want to cheer me up?
I've had bad news and feel really down. My life seems rubbish and I can't see it ever getting better!...

This is an important question, it will decide on a very big problem which is quite personal. Yes Or No!?
This is the question:

Yes Or No!!...

My daughter, what can i do?
i recently found a bottle of vodka underneath my daughters bed... when i confronted her she said she didnt know where it came from...then i got a call from my sister (my daughter babysits their ...

Does anyone have any weird phobias?? - mine's balloons!!!?
Party Balloons, Hot Air Balloons, Helium Balloons, any sort even balloons made of condoms!!!!

I don't know what it's called - it's bound to have a medical term for it.......

I am insane, what are the chances of me going back to sane?

Additional Details
It's not a trick question it's not in the Games & Recreation section....

Have you ever considered suicide?
I was told by someone that pretty much everyone considers suicide at least once in a life time.. I was wondering, have you?...

What scares you the most?
im scared of spiders and antique ...

WHAT are you afraid of?

Am i weird?
I videoed myself sneezing with my camera phone beacuse i hadnt seen it before, is that strange?
Additional Details
No, my eyes didnt ...

Do you like hamsters?

Additional Details
In Italy,we really HATE hamsters!!...

Do you have any phobias?
im afraid of semi-...

Have you ever felt like you really needed a hug when you were home by yourself and there was no one around?

My fiancee snores?
my fiancee snores loud at night she keeps me up and get sometimes sleepless nights i wake her up tell pinch her nose etc nothing works what can i do to get a more peacefull night please ...

Am I going crazy?
Everytime I see people I imagine scissors or sharp things going into their eyes. Even people that I like! What's happening???? Am I crazy? What should I do?
Additional Details

Do i need help to stop cutting?
my friends are mad at me because i cutt myself. i want to get help butt i dont want to get sent away, or tell my mom.ive tried to tell my sister but she takes it out of porportion. if i tell my mom ...

GuitarPunk2512
Do i have a problem or am i just weird?
Im 15 years old and im sophmore in high school, but im severly socially deprived. I've always been shy, quiet, good kid and never liked to stand out or participate in things since elementary school. I have no social or love life and its really bothering me now. I dont have that many friends .. only a few freinds that i grew comfortable with and its really hard for me to make news freinds , esecially girls. I also never had a g/f, never kissed, i barley even hugged. I always were black or other dark, dull plain earth tones so i dont stand out , im very pesstimistic and negative all the time , and im really self consious of myself all the time, and I like bing alone alot even though I dont. I seriously feel that i have a mental illness or character disorder beacuase ill make plans with a girl to go to a movie and go out and then i get all scared and nervous and self consious and call it off .. its been like that since end of middle school. Is there something really wrong with me?

?
Rating
Hey, there is nothing wron with you. You are a teenager, that's all. I have been thorugh all of it. Most people have been though it. Everything will be fine soon. Don't worry.

chiseledsteel
I used to have the same problem bro, pretty similar at least. You just don't have much self confidence it sounds like. Just get out and live life man, life is too short. I used to sit by on the sidelines through most of junior high and high school too. The summer before my junior year, I decided I wasnt going to sit by anymore, I switched high schools, went out for football and basketball and decided the worst thing i would hear from a woman is no, so its always worth asking. You never know who can be interested if you take a shot.

zuzu
Rating
No there is nothing worng with you. You are just really shy. When you go out with a girl at first try to have a group to go to the movies with, so then you can get closer to the girl and you can make more friends. Just be outgoing. You don't have to be in class, but when you're with your friends and some new people be outgoing. Start a conversation. To talk to girls start a conversation with them too. Start talking about the class you're in or what their doing over the summer. It takes time to become friends with them , but sooner or later you will. And don't worry so much.

?
Rating
you are not weird you may have social anxiety.. but honestly please try to push yourself maybe you have some low self esteem or you have a hard time trusting whatever it is WHILE YOU ARE STILL YOUNG ..i ask of you to please try to make a chhange it is not a good thing to continue on this way I am very lonely and unhappy because i did the same things you are describing and no one gave a crap, my Mom was too busy to see that I was becoming withdrawn or she just didnot care and now I am mostly depressed all the time, my life is mostly miserable I have gone for help but it has done no goodas I have become overly sensitive and even the therapists end up abandoning me believeing that I am simply resistant but thats not ture,, meds did not help they made me mean and suicidal more than I get suicidal on my own.. I fight though it everyday.. some days are good but the bad days are almost killing me. please seek out some help i wouldn't wish my hell on anyone

huddy_91
You don't need jesus, he isn't gonna make you unshy, and your not gay, I used to be like you in middle school. I'm the same age as you, so I know. Usually you grow out of something like that, but since your already 15, I think you might have social anxiety disorder, a disorder in which you get panicky and nervous in social situations. You should probably get it checked out, but I'm not sure what medications they'll put you on, probably anti-depressants

elinaida
you only need to stop been so conscious about your self,be more positive and confident,concentrate in making Friends be four starting to kiss

Lara Croft
Rating
No offense but you sound like the average, typical, text book, teenager to me. I felt all those things when I was in High School. And being 23 it's still a pain in the *** making new friends because it takes time to get to know people and build friendships but my advice is to be yourself. It sounds corny but it's true. I'm crazy and weird and I kinda freak people out but then they laugh and realize that I'm fun and you can relax and be yourself around me with no judgement. That's why people are selfconcious because no one likes to be judged. And for the people who do judge it's just because they're insecure and need to make themselves feel better by putting others down. I could go on for hours about my philosophy but I think I'm gonna shut up now because I probably don't know what I'm talking about but it works for me :)

wii
Rating
Dude everything u said i could relate to. In fact i still am kinda shy and quiet at times. I use regualar clothes so that is not a factor i have a couple friends and well as far as gf i really havent had a realationship either , but its not a mental illness were just more timid than others which is cool dont let that bother u just Remember be urself and have patience and have fun > dont try to be like others cuz it aint worth it.
Well just think posotive and u will be succesful in life and NEVER DO DRUGS! that will **** up. im 20 yrs old and i dont do that **** ok so just be cool and be with GOD... lates.
Oh yeah about being quiet "its better to be quiet and be mysterious than to reveal all fact like others.. lol.
see others will stand out more which is not a good either ask any celebrity they are so not happy with everyone around there life they hate being the center of attention.. we dont have to worry about that. yeah i know there pros and cons but its all good. Just do it!

B.A. Baracus
Dude..you are so Emo....and emo is cool right now, so you're actually super cool and you don't even know it.

Just enjoy your days being cool and rule the school.

As for chicks...just sack up and take one of these girls out. Do a movie or whatever, but do it and have fun. You'll build a little confidence and then you'll be asking all sorts of ladies out. Goold luck my man.

L_PJS
Doesn't sound to me like there is anything wrong with you...
I was very quiet at your age. Didn't date until I was 19. Mostly hung out with other 'geeks' (yes, I admit to that), or just spent time by myself.
Don't force yourself into social situations if that isn't what you want to do. But don't shut the rest of the world out, either, because then you won't have a chance to grow.
Find something that you like to do and find out if there is a way to be social while doing it. (i.e. if you like to read, see if there is a book club/discussion group you can get into)
If you are really worried about it though, and feel like you can talk to your parents about it, ask them if they can help you set up a time to talk to a counselor. Lots of normal people go to them, just to have someone neutral to discuss things with.

jmillerbrook
Rating
its a problem if you think its a problem. And it seems to bug you otherwise you would not have posted this. You need to get out there and start enjoying life...you don't want to be lonely all of your life. I used to be afraid of talking to people, afraid they were going to judge me, hardly had any friends...and it's a lonely life. If there is someone you like...you should ask her out. Even if is just starts out as friends. The things you decribed about making dates and going out...the feelings you had before going out are normal...you don't have a mental illness. I do however think you have low self esteem. And are being way to hard on your self. Get out there- Start enjoying life and don't be so hard on yourself.

☆ Heavenly ☆
Sweetie there is nothing wrong with you. It's all apart of growing up. We all go through this akward age where we seem to not fit right in our own skins. It's a feeling that I am very happy to say goes away. If you start feeling like this is something you need to get off your chest or you want to talk to someone about it then visit a school counselor or talk to a teacher you like and trust or your parents. There are loads of people out there that care for you so bring them into your life and what you are feeling.

Good Luck.

Tessa
Rating
Actually, many teenagers go through a phase similar to yours. I was the same way at your age, negative and didn't want to draw unecessary attention to myself. Now I'm older, happy, and getting married.

Just wait a few years and say positive. It is the hormones, I swear. =)

rawdonwaller
See a psychologist AND psychiatrist. BUT, shop around! Not all mental health professionals are 'equal'. You search until you find someone.

This may be hard for you, considering your problems, to do.

You just have to.

Then, get prescribed an SSRI. Talk with your caregiver (if and when you find one, and I hope you do) about teh different ones available.

It's hard to change outright/completely (impossible perhaps), but it's a little easier to be rational / 'clear headed' when the affective components of yoru troubles are ameliorated.

hy
nothing wrong with ya hon... your just shy.... i have always been outgoing with the people I'm most comfortable with and in an environment that feels like "home" to me...... but to get me out of my realm... I'm like a bump on a log.... i will only speak unless spoken to and do not engage in any kind of activity that will make me feel out of place and stared at.... but i do alright...and so will you.... this may sound crazy.... but your only 15..... get a part time job at a fast food rest... you will be forced to communicate with people...... the ones you work with and the customers..... it will benefit you with your social skills..... trust me on this.... it helped me tremendously... and you will meet some really nice people that you will enjoy being with..... and do you know what else?
its just a guess but probably ... if not more.... of about 65% of relationships... they have met through work....... i am proof of that at least twice in my life.... : )
hang in there..... open up a little..... it will get better... your young yet....

broomrider295
Rating
I don't believe you have a mental illness. Did you experience something tramatic in middle school?
Wearing the dark clothes is probably making you stand out more than you think. People may actually be afraid or nervous about talking to you. Something that might help is to find a girl in school who seems to be a loaner like you. Not as a girlfriend, but just a friend. I'm sure a girl with the same problem as you would appreciate a friend. If nothing else you'll get used to being around girls.

mj_aubergine
There's nothing wrong with liking to spend time alone. It just means you're an introvert like about one out of every three people. You need to find a way to stop being so pessimistic and negative though. You should talk to a councilor or psychologist about that.

Time Will Tell
Probably a little of both. But don't worry things always change. That's what I like about life. Try finding things you like to do. outside activities, hobbies etc... learn to define yourself find out what makes you happy. And try a little harder at liking other people. You have to like them too you know.

nickname
You are just an introvert and there is nothing wrong with that. Introverts are usually deep thinkers and prefer not to be in the limelight but they are a minority so they always feel like there is something wrong with them. Read "The Introvert Advantage". It will make you feel better about yourself. I can't remember the author.

jahlove4ever777
I don't think anything is wrong with you, I just think that you are shy and way too hard on yourself. I don't know what you look like but I'm sure its not bad and we all have room to grow and change whether it be physical appearance, attitude or whatever else. Try analyzing yourself and try to figure out what about you makes you so self conscious and then attempt to turn those things into something that would suit your idea of yourself better. If all else fails, maybe you should talk to an adult so that they can help you understand what you are feeling. It it helps you any, you are not the only teenager that feels this way. Good Luck and stay positive.

Darla G
You sound like a perfectly normal teenager to me. We all go thru a period like this. The trick is to find a way for you to feel more comfortable socially. Try getting involved with something like perhaps your local animal shelter, children's hospital, museum or zoo. All of these accept volunteers, put you in situations to deal with others your age without a crowd around, and will help you build your self confidence. And look at all the good you can be doing!!!

Jennifer W
When I read this I think that in many ways yes you have common teenage insecurities but you also have social anxiety and that seems to me that way because you cancel plans even though you want to be more social ..but just can't because of all the thoughts you have beforehand. And with a lot of what your saying who wouldn't get depressed. I completely believe if you would see a doctor to control the anxiety and depression that you could definitely get your first kiss and so on but you have to know it's not something you can control you need to get help. Right now it may seem like what can a prescription drug do for me really but you would be amazed. Just talk to your parents and see what the doctor says about it. It's worth a try. Don't limit yourself to dark colors..you deserve to be who you are and should never disappear into the background. Find yourself some friends online in the area to begin with it's easier to get to know somebody online rather than face to face at first so Good luck! Don't listen to these people on here who type nonsense karma's a biatch and they will discover their shittiness will have them dealing with the worst case of hemorrhoids since they usually cling to a$$holes! that's my jinx on them! Good luck!

that girl
Rating
Hi-
First of all, you are NOT weird- what you're experiencing happens to other people..and it IS a problem, but it's not your fault. It sounds like you have Social Anxiety. You might want to look at this information on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_anxiety) - it seems helpful, and offers lots of information. Look at the Treatment section towards the bottom. I really hope things can eventually turn around for you.. : ) good luck!!

Holla H
actually you sound pretty normal. maybe if you were less pessimistic things might pick up with making friends. not everyone wants someone who brings things down all the time! and if it helps, I find people get more interesting as you get older - you also find you have more in common as you get older. sounds like you have a few good friends which is a good sign you are doing pretty well!

nicole h
Rating
15 and haven't kissed ..I didn't either .was shy as well. First try to change your look .. as you said you wear dark . try some lighter colors as summer is here. go have a cute girl at some place at the mall help you .. join a group at school r some other place for teens . Work on being happy and positive .. this can be a habit either way. 15 is a hard age and it will pass. it is hard not to be nervous on dates ask an adult we get scared to but it is kinda a fun scared. Just being you have only afew friends that is OK .. most ppl don't have bunch.
Try helping other ppl .. I am sure you guidance concealer's can help you learn about things you can do . hang in it will work out

Princess Di
There's nothing wrong with you. And, no, you don't have a mental illness. You're in the "awkward" stage of growing up and your hormones are making you experience things that you have no control over. Take your time and grow up and when the time is right for a girlfriend, you'll know. Enjoy life and enjoy being an "kid" because once you're an adult, you can never go back.

bob
i used to be the same way. You just need to stop caring what people think, and just go for it. things may seem aqward at first, but i just graduated from high school, and il never see those people again. just put yourself out there, and maybe things will look better for you

ButterflyAngel
Rating
You're just a normal teenager. I used to be like you, I just changed recently, I am 17.
The hard part is to get over your shyness. It is not easy, but you'll get over it eventually ^^

Kris
Rating
My guess would be a mild case of social anxiety disorder. I suggest you tell the same story to your school counselor.

Check out the web site below to see if it sounds like you.

Good luck.

"

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy