Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I'm feeling really depressed. Can anyone help me?
I should be feeling really happy today, and Iwas (for like, twenty minutes). I won first prize in a music competition, and I thought everyone was really proud and happy for me. THan, my daad started ...

Normal for mom to call her kid this?
She calls me a b*stard and screams at me. Says im stupid and things like that because i dont want to live with her anymore. She tells me i cant live or support myself on my own and threatens me if i ...

Why do we have dreams? Why are they so often crazy?
by crazy, I mean disjointed etc.. -...

Has anyone heard of cutting? My sister who is 22 does it and she shows it off like it's a badge of honor..
I don't understand the need to cut.. Can anyone help me out in understanding why someone would cut themself? She says she has been doing it for years. She will cut herself so deep that she has ...

What is the best lesson u learned from life?
what makes u feel happy in life ?...

Im soooo deppressed!!! i cut myself and dont know wat to do!!!?
im seriously depressed im on the larger side of things and im 13 !!!! people make fun of me! plz help b 4 i do sumtin i regret!...

What does it mean about my personality, when writing i write in cursive and print in the same sentence or even

If you cut yourself does that mean you have a mental illness?
Okay well I do cut myself, and people are always talking about like all these "mental illnesses" you most liikely have if you cut? Cant you just do it with out having to be "messed up&...

Why do some people kill others before comitting suicide?
like well it's really sad if they wanna kill themselves, not saying that they should but even if they decide to commit suicide they should just suicide themselves, not kill others, especially ...

Have you ever been depressed?

Why are some people so keen to point out spelling errors and ridicule us at the same time?
Surely we all make the odd mistake. I spelt fourty instead of forty. try checking it on spell check does not show as an ...

I am desperate?
She took the breath right out of me.She left a hole where my heart should be.
Additional Details
I love her so much.....I lost her....

What do you find most comforting when you're scared, sad, or otherwise upset?

Does anyone else have this problem? Please help. No rude answers please!?
Whenever I try to go to sleep I am constantly bothered by the thought racing through my head. It will keep me up for hours. I think about the bad things that have happened in my life, how i could ...

Anyone want to cheer me up?
I've had bad news and feel really down. My life seems rubbish and I can't see it ever getting better!...

This is an important question, it will decide on a very big problem which is quite personal. Yes Or No!?
This is the question:

Yes Or No!!...

My daughter, what can i do?
i recently found a bottle of vodka underneath my daughters bed... when i confronted her she said she didnt know where it came from...then i got a call from my sister (my daughter babysits their ...

Does anyone have any weird phobias?? - mine's balloons!!!?
Party Balloons, Hot Air Balloons, Helium Balloons, any sort even balloons made of condoms!!!!

I don't know what it's called - it's bound to have a medical term for it.......

I am insane, what are the chances of me going back to sane?

Additional Details
It's not a trick question it's not in the Games & Recreation section....

Have you ever considered suicide?
I was told by someone that pretty much everyone considers suicide at least once in a life time.. I was wondering, have you?...

ashley w
Im gonna die?
im 15 & i cant sleep @ night. i lie awake in bed every school night. im so tired @ school. i lie awake as the hours go by. i dont drink caffeine or exercise. what should i do? i have to go to school tomorrow. i dont want to be tired. what if im up until three. i get up at six. you guys have to help me. do something! i have a big day tomorrow. you guys have to do something about this. i missed so much school already due to sleep. were so poor. we cant afford doctors or sleeping pills. so what do you guys recommend?

TaeGeuk
buy Valerian extract, they are cheap herbal pills that help you sleep.

Gaara's loving girlfriend!!!
exercise and before u go to bed try rubbing in between ur middle and pointer finger and then rub on ur wrist beside ur pinky.(Both hands) and below ur ribs in the middle.

jessexxxkila
go to your local grocey store go to the vitamans section and look for melatonin or ask a clerk or pharmisist to help you find it if that doesn't work go to your doctor and tell the problem they might give you somthing to help you sleep i personally take ambien cr its works just make sure you get at least 8 hrs of sleep if the doctor perscribes it to you good luck

LatinDiva
Rating
Try taking a warm bath or a hot shower to help you relax. If you don't exercise, start exercising. If you don't pray, start praying and putting your worries or stresses in God's hands. PRAY FOR SLEEP. HE WILL ANSWER! Remember, don't sweat the small stuff. You'll have the rest of your life to deal with all kinds of trials and tribulations. Work on being a strong individual, don't let life beat you down. You can and you will preservere if you put your mind to it. The mind is a powerful tool that we have, we just sometimes don't know how to use it. You can do it!!

saheed199
You have insomnia. Just exercise, its hard at first since many don't do it but its going to help as well as get easier. That should help out immensely. Thats what worked for me. If still you have problems sleeping then you need to seek out a doctor.

Ca
are you able to sleep during the day? If you are napping during the Day it may be the cause for why you cannot sleep at night. When I cannot sleep I try to relax by breathing in for 4 seconds an d out for 4 seconds while I tense and relax each muscle in my body starting from my head and moving down until I reach my toes.....the worst thing to do is lay there and stress about whether or not your going to fall asleep. That always makes if harder for me to fall asleep. Good Luck, wish I had the perfect answer.

Ande-Lin F
Rating
You should go see your pediatrician,, There is something going on with you medically... Talk to your parents , a councelor or the school nurse.. Do you have an herbal tea? try some warm milk? Read a book,,?

Vickyy<3
get yourself tired, like watch tv/computer it'll make your eyes droopy but not to much or you'll get yourself blind, well excersise it wont really help but it will get you tired, so i would try that run till you want to sleep.

eliranek
sounds like anxiety, try to calm down and not worry about things as much.

Lillith
Excercizing would help. Try eating as healthy as possible, take good care of your body. Try having a nightime ritual - play soft music, take a bath, read something relaxing. It helps tell your brain that you're ready to go to sleep.

mauidelite
Rating
I would like you to play the "what if" game and instead of focusing about what IS, think about how you want things to be. For instance, "What if I fell into a really deep and restful sleep and had awesome dreams that felt so real! And what if I woke up and felt rested and ready to take on the day with a big smile! What if the kids at school started smiling back at me all the time and the teachers made helpful comments to me. What if I could be DO, BE or HAVE anything that I want?" (p.s. - you can)

Thoughts are things and what you focus on grows. So whatever you're thinking or talking about - is what you're gonna get - and I think you can see that from what you've got.

So why not start telling the story of the way YOU want it to be?

You are the only one who can make this decision for yourself.

Just remember, life is supposed to be FUN. And it doesn't matter how rich or poor you are - you can still have a happy life. How? By finding ways to feel better or to think a happier thought. Sound pretty hokey? I know. But just try it. You'll see....

And it's free.

Shhheeerrrrriiiiiie
Rating
I've had that problem and don't you are not gonna die!
Well some stuff you can do is eat spagetti for dinner (that sounds wierd but it works)
Warm milk really helps!
Reading a book.. Cuz like usually what happens to me is that I read then I just like get really tired that my eyes won't stay open and I just fall asleep..
Thats all I can think of...
Dont worry U'll be ok!

Alex
Have you tried praying? I'll be praying for you. You see, I know this God, you may have heard if him. He has a Son named Jesus Christ. And he has done some really amazing things for you (such as, he dies on the cross in your place and took all of your sins away so you could someday go to heaven and Be with our father (God) .) And He is able to do some pretty powerful things. If you have any more questions let me know.

yours truly

-A.

Rileysmom
im the same way. its cause i cant clear my head. try to read before bed. and never lay in bed when you cant sleep, even just to watch tv. your bed should only be used for sleeping! try to buy some cheap chamomile tea at the store. it will help you calm down. im a total anxiety freak, so trust me.

mar g
Try sleeping earlier and make a routine during nightime. There are some natural sleeping remedies you can find at a natural vitamin supply

David S
Rating
you need to exercise for a start.

♥ Nicole
I used to have this same problem.
Chances are, the only reason you cant sleep is because your worrying about not being able to sleep.
Try going to bed early, make sure the house is nice and quiet, just relax and make sure there is no reason you would have to get up in the middle of the night.
Close your eyes and just think that you dont have to worry about sleeping, and even if you do have to, THINK that you dont have to get up at a certain time.
It will help, at least it did for me!
Good luck !!

Amber P
I recommend relaxation.
You question oozes anxiety.
You don't need to use drugs at 15.
You don't exercise, then start. You can take a brisk walk, or go for a jog. It will help you burn up energy.
Stay completely away from sodas, and junk food.
You are concentrating too hard on falling asleep. Which is actually counter productive to falling asleep.
Try relaxation techniques like these...
Use lavender lotion, or have a lavender sache (You can get these at nearly any store) Put on the lotion before bedtime. Do not listen to any fast music. Try listening to something relaxing like Brahms, Mendelsson, Chopin etc..
Keep lighting low.
Don't concentrate on anything, like your big day or anything like that. It will create an anixous feeling.
When you do lie down, Try this technique. It helped me when I absolutely couldn't fall asleep...
Imagine it is winter.
Then in your mind, see the very first snowflake falling from the sky. Watch it swirl until it lands on the ground. Continue watching it "snow" in your mind, the flakes piling up higher and higher.
It will relax you.
You may also want to speak to someone. What is going on in your life that is making you feel like you are going to die?
You may be having panic attacks.
Speak to your parents, or if you simply don't want to speak to your parents, talk to someone at school.
But honestly, Try relaxing.
Take a deep breath.

Jen2U
Rating
you need to see your school counselor on your problem. you are too young to have this much anxiety in your life.

E.Havok
Rating
you need to get yourself on a shedule. that will get you used to going to bed earlier. but you have to start now! dont wait around. youll get used to it, but your only hurting yourself when you are awake when you should be sleeping. at least you are in the bed though. id would deffinitly be different if you were bouncing off the walls, then you would be worn out! just make sure you get rest.

Nae
Reading will help put you to sleep. Do not watch t.v. before bed and DO NOT get on the computer. Those two things will speed up your brain and make things worse. Just read.

Racist Answer Man
Rating
Go down to your local hospital, say your name is Jose Jimenez, and you'll get all of your medical care for free.

If you don't want to do that find some adult that works in accounting. Have him or her describe what they do for a living. That should put you to sleep.

Pagan Dan
Rating
You say you cannot afford to go to a doctor. I say that you cannot afford NOT to.

You don't need a psychiatrist. You don't need sleeping pills, You don't need to be insulted by people who, from the anonymity of the Internet, question your family's spending habits. For all hatdude knows (not much, I would guess) you could be writing for a school or public library computer. You don't need anyone laying Bible stuff on you either--and I say that as a Christian.

Is there a nurse at your school? Are there free medical clinics in your community?

You haven't said what time you go to bed. That is important information.

Insomnia is something that nearly everyone has at some point or other in his or her life. You can deal with it.

I don't know what's wrong with you, but smart money is on anxiety. You need to talk to a doctor about it. There are ways to deal with anxiety that do not require medication--or cost of any kind.

ht444
Rating
try yoga or something calm and peaceful. let all your thoughts
go when you sleep. thank goodness you're still alive.

ap44
Rating
Exercies heavily during the day or after school. Like run for 10 minutes at 6MPH or something that makes you tired. Don't give up. This is sounds like minor insomnia but who knows for sure. If you can't get to a gym or treadmill, go for a run. It uses up a lot of your body's energy. Also, don't eat a lot of sugary foods during the night. Take a read at the link I've provided.

happy_go_luckyGirl
its people like "hatdude" that really need to grow up. like ok someone is asking for help...."lets mock them" you're cool.

anyways...i used to have MAJOR sleeping problems. for starters i think you should start working out after school. it will actually wake you up for a while and then the adrenaline with subside and you will feel tired when its time for bed. maybe there are some comforting songs from childhood that would help you fall asleep. if you can download music [i know its really dorky but it works] and type in lullabys..a bunch of songs should come up and they can be really relaxing. dont eat anything 3 hours before bed b/c that can sometimes keep you up also. good luck!

pixiedoopz
Rating
You need to communicate this to your parents hun. Please. They can help you more than we can.

Hatdude
Yet you afford internet

mspriveye
I recommend you exercise and bathe one hour before bed. THat is free, then you will rest and you can talk to your counselor at school and tell them you need to have a tutor to catch up due to this problem. EXERCISE.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy