Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Anyone want to cheer me up?
I've had bad news and feel really down. My life seems rubbish and I can't see it ever getting better!...

This is an important question, it will decide on a very big problem which is quite personal. Yes Or No!?
This is the question:

Yes Or No!!...

My daughter, what can i do?
i recently found a bottle of vodka underneath my daughters bed... when i confronted her she said she didnt know where it came from...then i got a call from my sister (my daughter babysits their ...

Does anyone have any weird phobias?? - mine's balloons!!!?
Party Balloons, Hot Air Balloons, Helium Balloons, any sort even balloons made of condoms!!!!

I don't know what it's called - it's bound to have a medical term for it.......

I am insane, what are the chances of me going back to sane?

Additional Details
It's not a trick question it's not in the Games & Recreation section....

Have you ever considered suicide?
I was told by someone that pretty much everyone considers suicide at least once in a life time.. I was wondering, have you?...

What scares you the most?
im scared of spiders and antique ...

WHAT are you afraid of?

Am i weird?
I videoed myself sneezing with my camera phone beacuse i hadnt seen it before, is that strange?
Additional Details
No, my eyes didnt ...

Do you like hamsters?

Additional Details
In Italy,we really HATE hamsters!!...

Do you have any phobias?
im afraid of semi-...

Have you ever felt like you really needed a hug when you were home by yourself and there was no one around?

My fiancee snores?
my fiancee snores loud at night she keeps me up and get sometimes sleepless nights i wake her up tell pinch her nose etc nothing works what can i do to get a more peacefull night please ...

Am I going crazy?
Everytime I see people I imagine scissors or sharp things going into their eyes. Even people that I like! What's happening???? Am I crazy? What should I do?
Additional Details

Do i need help to stop cutting?
my friends are mad at me because i cutt myself. i want to get help butt i dont want to get sent away, or tell my mom.ive tried to tell my sister but she takes it out of porportion. if i tell my mom ...

Does anybody think it's weird that I have imaginary friends?
I have four imaginary friends. I have a lot more real friends, but I prefer my imaginary ones. My mom hates them because I talk to them more than I talk to her. Is this weird??? I'm actually ...

What could this be???
I'm 13. I get bored really easily, and I get depressed even easier. I've cut myself several times out of being depressed, and even more odd, I drank the blood. I can't stand smiling in ...

No friends, never had relationship, anti-social, heavy depression, and miserable. 21 years old?
i have a major issue. i'm 21 and i have NO friends, and i've never even had a relationship with a woman. as you can imagine, my days are BORING as crap. i usually stay online for unhealthy ...

Christians (or anyone who won't diss my religion) - please help me - I am suicidal.?
okay so i will give you a little background.

i have depression, anxiety, especially of social situations, and i am a self harmer.
this week i went to soul survivor, a christian camp ...

How to ask the doctor if i have a depression issue? Im kinda nervous and embarresed what do ya think?

Just Happy Momma!
Has anyone heard of cutting? My sister who is 22 does it and she shows it off like it's a badge of honor..
I don't understand the need to cut.. Can anyone help me out in understanding why someone would cut themself? She says she has been doing it for years. She will cut herself so deep that she has had to get 20 stitches on her leg before. I am 23 and I did it a few times when I was sad when I was a teen but never understood why people have the urge to do it compulsively. The fact that she cuts and then makes sure people see it baffles me. Why would you do this?

No. 8
is she seeing someone about this?..i mean not just showing off, but getting help? if she's not then she def needs it. cutting is hard to understand for ppl and sometimes the person doing it them self. it is dangerous as well...self-harm is very serious and shouldn't be taken lightly...

http://www.battlecry.com/pages/understanding_cutting.php

Snot Me
Rating
i don't really understand the mentallity of self harm but i believe it's the rush thats the reason

smiles-all-round
Rating
im very sad to read that some people have made their answers to your question quite insensitive and harsh, im a young teen and suffer from depression and compulsive self harming, she may have been like me, i cut myself firstly beacuse i read about it in a magazine and the girls were saying it helped, but after that it helped so much that i got addicted to it! i mean really, i iknow its hard to beleive but i think i understand why she shws it off, she wants me people to know that she is still feeling down and really just wants some help and support! im begging you to give her help and support, she will get through it

- Ryan - myspace/RyanReed
Rating
People who cut are the most screwed up in the head.

I know that is a bold statement, but I have read reports on this as well.

drstrangelove9876
Rating
I guess she might be doing it to get attention, at least that is what it sounds like. I had a girlfriend who after i tried to break up with her, she said she was afraid she was going to start again. I hope this helps

Solusia
Rating
no - but I did it once as a teenager - scraping the initial of my first name shallowly with a metal compass point on to my inside forearm & i liked the look it.perhaps it was attention-seeking or to look different. but normally cutting is deeper than this, & is apparently a sign of poor self-image, which the cutting is an attempt to put right by exhibiting/showing off the wound done to oneself.

♥ Dance Floor Anthem ♥
It's called self-mutilation. People who do it usually have some sort of mental disorder. Sometimes they don't feel the pain anymore. I think your sister need to see a psychiatrist.

I am I, You are you
Rating
Cutting is a type of relieve for people who suffer from some mental ailments. In my experience, with people who have done it, they ususally do it when the illness that they have leaves them feeling "numb". They cut because they need to regain feelings, and it usually compounds the problems.
People who cut out of a mental illness do not display the cuts that they make, they generally hide them.

Warrior Poo Flinger
Rating
It's her way of screaming out for help and attention. It is very unhealthy, and there is probably some sort of dysfunction in her neurochemical processes. When no one reports what she is doing to herself, she feels her sense of worthlessness is validated and that actually makes her happy. She's thinking, "See, I was right. I am without value to anyone. I don't deserve to breathe." And one day she's going to cut herself and she's going to die.

Cutting one's self is a sign that she is a threat to herself or others and you don't need her permission to have an ambulance take her to a hospital for examination and treatment. She cannot stop cutting by herself, especially if she's been doing it for this long and can withstand the pain of such deep wounds. Please encourage her to get help. There's no shame in having a mental illness; it's an illness just like any other illness. If she refuses, report her as a cutter who is endangering herself. That's exactly what she's doing and imagine what you'll feel if she does one day cut too deeply and dies, and you did nothing to stop her while you had the chance.

baby
Perhaps, for attention....since u did it u should know better. Maybe u can ask her to be sure. She seems alittle old to be doing this, but maybe she wanted to feel something even if it's pain, talk to her about this. good luck

Survivors Ready?
Rating
It all has to do with mental and emotional issues. She cuts herself because to her it is an outlet to relieve whatever is troubling her and she shows it off because she wants to prove that she is indestructible and can't be hurt. Sometime along the way something or someone truly hurt your sister and she is using the cutting as a defense mechanism whenever something is bothering her.

Watch for when she actually abuses herself. Or better yet, tell your parents or take her yourself to talk to someone to find out why it is that she wants to hurt herself.

Antonia Testarossa
Rating
Sounds like your sister is looking for attention. I've never heard of people cutting and showing it off though. Most cutters hide it. I'm sure she's getting the attention she wants by showing it off, but she needs to look for a more productive less dramatic way to get it. Your sister could also have some issues she needs to talk to someone about. Have you tried sitting down and talking to her about it?

jimd52936
Rating
yes it has become a fad, like dressing in Gothic style,but a lot more dangerous, she needs help before she cuts herself in the wrong place and ends her life.it started a while back with some dumb a--rock star cutting himself on stage, and the nut,s started following suite, get her help!!

bocasbeachbum
Rating
She is compulsively sad or depressed or one of the many other reasons people do it. As one answerer said, it is a wonderful feeling. Some people cut, some jump out of perfectly good airplanes. I don't understand either. But there is an adrenaline rush or neurla overload that people have when they do it.

Dave B
Rating
cutting is a sickness 95percent of cutters do it be cause thay dont know how 2 deal with bullys or rejection or rape or they feel that bring enjoyment wich is not the case your sister is doing it 2 get people 2 notice her a lot of cutters dont do that she needs help go to doctor i hope i give you more in sight then others on here

Jeff
Rating
tell her tostop the cutting and start smokin that dro

llazyiest
Low self esteem
attention getting device
suicidal

Even if the attention is mostly negative, she still gets fussed over for doing it.. has to be attended to by medics etc. Then shows off the stitches.. more attention.

kellys1002
Rating
I am consiered one. I dont do it normal. I dont know about your sister what strikes it but you need to get her help.She gets herself the right way it can kill. For me its to help with whats bothering me. To get rid of the pain inside because i cant deal with it i cut my wrist. People see it as a sign saying i need help please help me. I dont know if like me its a way to get rid of the pain or if shes suicidal. Just get her help. Call the hospital or someone to help. She's you're sister what if one day she gets herself good enough it kills her. If she lets people see it thats you're calling card saying i need help someone help me. You are her sister be the one to save her

carriekreager51
I use to cut but she should not be prod of it, it is not cool to do.

Toby T
Rating
shes depressed
thats all!

Mae' Grace [OneWayThunder]
She may have started it by simply getting depressed. It sounds like she's addicted to it now. I would recommend calling a counselor or a doctor and get their advice on what to do.

Self-mutilation.

KEMC
Rating
Its a mental problem, if she feels proud of it as you say, then she needs to see someone

P.I. Joe
Rating
She's seeking attention, hoping people will see the cuts and have this massive display of concern and sympathy for her. Sorry you have to hear it from me, but your sister is seriously loco in the cabeza. She needs some serious psychotherapy to overcome this urge, before she cuts an artery or something.

slinkywizzard
Lots of people do it for lots of reasons, but she is clearly doing it for attention.

Jenn
Rating
its an emotional disorder.
most teens I know get it, but when adults do it, I suggest you see a therapist

It is a not uncommon mental disorder and she need psychiatric help quickly.

Beatlemaniac
It is a cry out for help, sadly, she must be very unhappy! When I was younger I used to do the same.She really needs to get help from a Doctor, encourage her to go please!

nancygoldman@sbcglobal.net
Rating
It's dangerous . It is a call for help

Dart Swinger
Rating
People who do this need help.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.764
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy