Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Do i have a problem or am i just weird?
Im 15 years old and im sophmore in high school, but im severly socially deprived. I've always been shy, quiet, good kid and never liked to stand out or participate in things since elementary ...

Please do not judge me…?
I hate myself. I have been unemployed for a year and one day and I feel so ashamed. I’m not exactly qualified for any of the jobs I really want because of my lack of formal education. The only ...

I'm feeling really depressed. Can anyone help me?
I should be feeling really happy today, and Iwas (for like, twenty minutes). I won first prize in a music competition, and I thought everyone was really proud and happy for me. THan, my daad started ...

Normal for mom to call her kid this?
She calls me a b*stard and screams at me. Says im stupid and things like that because i dont want to live with her anymore. She tells me i cant live or support myself on my own and threatens me if i ...

Why do we have dreams? Why are they so often crazy?
by crazy, I mean disjointed etc.. -...

Has anyone heard of cutting? My sister who is 22 does it and she shows it off like it's a badge of honor..
I don't understand the need to cut.. Can anyone help me out in understanding why someone would cut themself? She says she has been doing it for years. She will cut herself so deep that she has ...

What is the best lesson u learned from life?
what makes u feel happy in life ?...

Im soooo deppressed!!! i cut myself and dont know wat to do!!!?
im seriously depressed im on the larger side of things and im 13 !!!! people make fun of me! plz help b 4 i do sumtin i regret!...

What does it mean about my personality, when writing i write in cursive and print in the same sentence or even

If you cut yourself does that mean you have a mental illness?
Okay well I do cut myself, and people are always talking about like all these "mental illnesses" you most liikely have if you cut? Cant you just do it with out having to be "messed up&...

Why do some people kill others before comitting suicide?
like well it's really sad if they wanna kill themselves, not saying that they should but even if they decide to commit suicide they should just suicide themselves, not kill others, especially ...

Have you ever been depressed?

Why are some people so keen to point out spelling errors and ridicule us at the same time?
Surely we all make the odd mistake. I spelt fourty instead of forty. try checking it on spell check does not show as an ...

I am desperate?
She took the breath right out of me.She left a hole where my heart should be.
Additional Details
I love her so much.....I lost her....

What do you find most comforting when you're scared, sad, or otherwise upset?

Does anyone else have this problem? Please help. No rude answers please!?
Whenever I try to go to sleep I am constantly bothered by the thought racing through my head. It will keep me up for hours. I think about the bad things that have happened in my life, how i could ...

Anyone want to cheer me up?
I've had bad news and feel really down. My life seems rubbish and I can't see it ever getting better!...

This is an important question, it will decide on a very big problem which is quite personal. Yes Or No!?
This is the question:

Yes Or No!!...

My daughter, what can i do?
i recently found a bottle of vodka underneath my daughters bed... when i confronted her she said she didnt know where it came from...then i got a call from my sister (my daughter babysits their ...

Does anyone have any weird phobias?? - mine's balloons!!!?
Party Balloons, Hot Air Balloons, Helium Balloons, any sort even balloons made of condoms!!!!

I don't know what it's called - it's bound to have a medical term for it.......

^o^ Bubbles ^o^
I am a victim of rape. I have lived with the guilt for about 6 months. Is there ne way I can get over it fast?

Tsunami
you need to go into therapy and get help that is the only way i have heard talking about it also helps peple talk with best friend and stuff and the doctor you kno wit could take long while.

♫♪♫ The Music Makes Me Sway.
I cant even begin to understand the pain you must be going through, you cant just get over something like that, you need to come to terms with it so it doesnt become something that ruins your life, healing takes time. i would suggesst talking to a tharapist who will be able to help you. good luck and stay strong!

lilgrljw
you need to do something to get it out of your system for good

talk to someone you know is always there for you

Jeni
First of all, there should be no guilt. It is not your fault you were raped.

Second, no. There is no way to get over it quickly. I was raped 6 years ago and I still think about it at times.

Your best bet is to get therapy and join support groups. You NEED to talk to someone about it.

If you don't feel comfortable talking to someone in person, there are lots of online support groups.

☺ Joey ROCKS! ☺
theropy

online therapist
Rating
oh my gosh that must be so hard to go through. I would suggest trying to forget and remember that nothing is your fault. You are surrounded by people who love you and you shouldnt let this have any permanent affect. Be strong!

Marc M
u got ot talk ot somebody about it

PrincePG
Talk to someone about it.

girl
You should have told someone. It's too late to prove it, but you should still consider telling someone about it.

ratracer365
There is no quick fix to any of life's problems. All you can do is try to about it and try to continue to live life as best you can. There is no more horrible feeling than that of such personal violation but you must first understand that it was you that was violated. You have no need to feel quilt. Self loathing and quilt is often an unfortunate side effect of such a violation. And it is that side effect that most predators count on. Talk to a professional, your mom, or a friend. Use what you have available to you. And good luck.

susie :-))
Rating
Just talk with someone you are comfortable with and trust, it's better out than in.

L1Z4RD
Rating
therapy, its worth a shot

Mallory W.
talk to a counsiler that is specilized in that area
if you havent told anybody tell someone now though
but i bet you have

and im sorry =[

cindy w
Rating
sorry to say the only way...i have found to get over it is to work thru it with a councilor and it isn't easy or fun as you know , but it's easier to do it NOW then to wait...

good luck!!!!

aaron_murphy75
OMG u got raped im feeling really bad for u well i say just tell your mom or dad to get it out of your mind PS i feel really srry for u so take care now

lizzydizzy269
Rating
Hun I was raped 8 years ago and I am still not fully over it and yea dont think I ever will. Its not something that is easy

backpackwayne
Rating
There is no way I can understand your pain because I haven't been raped myself.
But I can't understand why you would feel any guilt at all. You have done nothing wrong. I could understand if you feel anger or disgust. But not guilt.
I am being very honest and sincere with my comments so don't think I am belittling your feelings. Quite the opposite in fact.
YOU HAVE NOTHING TO FEEL GUILTY ABOUT!
IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT!
This person had already stolen something from you. Don't let them steal your happiness and well-being as well.
You're going to be okay. It's just going to take some time.

Kathryn R
Rating
NO I'm sorry there is no way to learn to deal with the feelings in a quick way. I'm a rape survior also, if you truly want to learn to deal with your feelings than you should find a rape survivors group. Talking it over with people who have gone through the same experiences is a real help. I know that people have told you that you shouldn't be feeling any guilt becasue you've not done any thing wrong. But it's part of the experience that you'll have to learn to deal with. Call the nearest hospital or victims survivors group to ask them about a rape survivors group. The information might be in the front pages of your local phone book. IF not call your doctor and see if they can give you a recomendation.

Gloria H
Rating
I'm so sorry to hear that you are a victim of this hideous crime. Getting over something so traumatic will not happen overnight. I would suggest seeking therapy / medication to help ease the emotional pain. Did you press charges?

jupyter_flew
Honey, why are you guilty? YOU were raped, it wasn't your fault. Find someone you trust that you can talk to and let this out. Cry and get it out. Get mad, write a letter full of the things you'd love to tell the creep who did this to you. Then pray for God to bring peace to your heart and mind. Make conscious decision to let this go and imagine yourself letting it go. Imagine all the pain and anger filling a jar, then imagine burying the jar (you could also put the letter you write into a real jar and then bury it, or burn the letter to symbolize letting it all go).

Peace be with you.

Live Laugh Love <3
No, there is no way.. Ready Lucky by Alice Sebold. She gave her rape story to the public, and the book is amazing. But, it helps you a lot. Trust me.

Anton
First, it wasn't your fault you got raped. It's that predator's fault who raped you. why should you feel guilty for something that someone did you wrong. Go to a support group and tell your experience. The more you talk about it, the faster you'll get over it. Remeber, it's not your fault.

#
Rating
adress

shannon89
talk about it and let it out. tell someone that can help you out with it.

Leprechaun of Jupiter
Rating
i'm sorry that that happened. What are u guilty of its not ur fault . Hopefully the animal who attacked u is being gang raped in prison as i type

Answer This!
First, dont feel guilty for being raped, it was not your fault, do talk to a counselor , they can help you move on with your life.

dianah
RAINN

1-800-656-HOPE

bi chick
Rating
u need to go to see someone...counseling! people who dont get help fast could live there life in emotional depression or something bad like that

Tiffgoody2shoes
Rating
You need to speak with a counselor that specializes in dealing with rape victims, preferably a woman you can trust and feel comfortable talking to.
http://centers.rainn.org/
I agree with the previous poster that said to read Alice Sebold's books:
"Lucky"
http://www.amazon.com/Lucky-Memoir-Alice-Sebold/dp/B000EGF0NW/ref=pd_sim_b_img_1
"Lovely Bones" http://www.amazon.com/Lovely-Bones-Alice-Sebold/dp/0316166685/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1202261506&sr=8-1
which will both give you some insight and a sense of hope for your own situation.
You should also try self-defense classes that will give you a peace of mind in knowing that you can defend yourself in most situations. Yoga is also great for focus and meditation to learn how to cope with your emotions.
Just remember the victim is not the guilty one, and you are guilty of absolutely NOTHING.

fenderplayer211
Rating
you shouldnt have any guilt, you were RAPED!!!!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy