Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

What does it mean about my personality, when writing i write in cursive and print in the same sentence or even

If you cut yourself does that mean you have a mental illness?
Okay well I do cut myself, and people are always talking about like all these "mental illnesses" you most liikely have if you cut? Cant you just do it with out having to be "messed up&...

Why do some people kill others before comitting suicide?
like well it's really sad if they wanna kill themselves, not saying that they should but even if they decide to commit suicide they should just suicide themselves, not kill others, especially ...

Have you ever been depressed?

Why are some people so keen to point out spelling errors and ridicule us at the same time?
Surely we all make the odd mistake. I spelt fourty instead of forty. try checking it on spell check does not show as an ...

I am desperate?
She took the breath right out of me.She left a hole where my heart should be.
Additional Details
I love her so much.....I lost her....

What do you find most comforting when you're scared, sad, or otherwise upset?

Does anyone else have this problem? Please help. No rude answers please!?
Whenever I try to go to sleep I am constantly bothered by the thought racing through my head. It will keep me up for hours. I think about the bad things that have happened in my life, how i could ...

Anyone want to cheer me up?
I've had bad news and feel really down. My life seems rubbish and I can't see it ever getting better!...

This is an important question, it will decide on a very big problem which is quite personal. Yes Or No!?
This is the question:

Yes Or No!!...

My daughter, what can i do?
i recently found a bottle of vodka underneath my daughters bed... when i confronted her she said she didnt know where it came from...then i got a call from my sister (my daughter babysits their ...

Does anyone have any weird phobias?? - mine's balloons!!!?
Party Balloons, Hot Air Balloons, Helium Balloons, any sort even balloons made of condoms!!!!

I don't know what it's called - it's bound to have a medical term for it.......

I am insane, what are the chances of me going back to sane?

Additional Details
It's not a trick question it's not in the Games & Recreation section....

Have you ever considered suicide?
I was told by someone that pretty much everyone considers suicide at least once in a life time.. I was wondering, have you?...

What scares you the most?
im scared of spiders and antique ...

WHAT are you afraid of?

Am i weird?
I videoed myself sneezing with my camera phone beacuse i hadnt seen it before, is that strange?
Additional Details
No, my eyes didnt ...

Do you like hamsters?

Additional Details
In Italy,we really HATE hamsters!!...

Do you have any phobias?
im afraid of semi-...

Have you ever felt like you really needed a hug when you were home by yourself and there was no one around?

Ralph Wiggum For President
Is it okay for a teen to feel depressed?
I have a lot going on including my first heart break, multi sports, and the pressure of schoolwork. Can someone help me out and make me feel better?
Additional Details
Thanks Everyone. I can't pick a best answer, so I'll put it into Voting.

indie kitty
I'm right with you. I'm only 13 and I've just had my heart broken! And school is hard cos I just don't fit in with everybody else in my classes! It's just one of those things in life that you have to go through. Try to take your mind off things and maybe try rest a bit more. -Hope i could help you. ..xX

Garrett N
Rating
im depressed when i see my ex-girlfriend hanging out with one of my best guy friends

it happens to all of us

try to get used to it

Marcus
You will be alright, just take it one day at a time. I am on your side. Cheer up!

Quinn H
Rating
yo its all what being a teen is about... im 15 now and ive had my heartbreaks but i am currently expiriencing one of them now... one of my best friends died in a singe car accident when her brother lost control hit a tree she was killed her brothers best friend was killed and she died in her best friends arms... i was at the viewing today and funeral on this friday... as you can see im going through alot and im hanging in here just fine... youll and it is perfectly ok for you to be depressed about things like those just dont think about it... your young just do your school work, youll meet new girls, and your doing those sports because u like them... youll be fine. thanks.

axelsteel m
well it sounds uve had a rough time but don't get so depressed u turn EMO!!!!!!

Exhaustus Maximus
Is it OK? Well, it is definitely in the realm of normalcy, The teenage years are tough on everyone, no matter what kind of person they are, and most people experience some sort of depression.

The real questions I'd ask you are:
1. How severe are we talking about? The blues for a couple of days, maybe even a few tears? OR are we talking an oppressive weight on your chest that won't let you get out of bed, that lasts for weeks on end? And how frequently?

2. Do you have someone to talk to? A high school counselor, a parent, a close fried, a sibling, a cousin - anyone that you think you can open up to?

If you think that your feelings of depression are really keeping you from functioning normally, you NEED to see someone, and preferably a professional. The best way to do this is to talk to your parents or a counselor at school and let them know how you're feeling, and that you would like to talk to a professional psychologist. But even if it's just occasional sad days, you should probably find someone you're comfortable talking to as well - that can really make a difference.

I hope that knowing that everyone faces some depression in their lives helps a little, and hopefully you can find someone you trust to listen. Best of luck to you!

Sienna
Yes it is okay for teens to get depressed just as long as they don't do drugs or drink alcohol or even smoke. If you are depressed, you should just tell someone and see if they could help you with your mental problem. Do not do things that could ruin your life.

Meow.
As someone mentioned before, if you feel like you can't function because of your depressed feelings, then I'd seek out a therapist of some kind. You might even want to seek a therapist if you can function normally because it is good to talk to someone about things.

I fell into a deep depression a couple of months before I turned 15 and it was a horrible feeling. I felt hollow and like I had no soul anymore. I was crying all the time too, so I had my mom take me to see a therapist. It does help to have someone to talk to, especially someone who isn't a teenager and has experience with teenagers.

Nepalian Dynamite
totally

BABAK
all teens are depressed... at least in my country they are,

dink2925
All teens are depressed. We all went through it. You'll get over it. The three things you mention that are causing your sadness when viewed in hindsight in a few years will seem as insignificant as they actually are. If these are your only problems then you are pretty lucky.

maggiedjp2002
As A teen I myself was often depressed. But as i got older I learned what it really means to be stressed and depressed. Heartbreaks are a dime a dozen. Your gonna have them before you find who your ment to be with. I suffer from depression and anxiety. I can tell you that there are people willing to help. Even if its just here on line. I already found someone on here. Try to talk about it and rember that no matter how hard things seem now, they could be alot worse and they will get better.

binzing
Yeah, I'm 15 and in a similar state pretty often. Hanging out with my friends is my release, and listening to music. Nirvana is the perfect music to describe teen angst and depression.

auctionguy5
Rating
Take time out for yourself and just relax. Talk with a trusted friend or family member about your problems.

Andrew S
Talk to friends

pieceadirt
I'm in my last year, this year and last yr, the final two yrs of high school have been awesome for me! (with moments of shitness) But before that I was reeeaally depressed for three yrs putting on a lot of weight, not going out, n crying A LOT, in generally hating myself.
I think it strengthens you up! I can deal with things now. I don't stress about school marks, I've lost all my weight again n am not as troubled about it, I can deal with boy troubles n heartbreak a lot easier.
Nothing was worse than those 3 yrs! But I'm grateful because it made me a better person today.
Its all a lesson. Its normal to go through....happiness is something you have to make an effort to feel and achieve.
Pretty much everyone gets depressed, even being consistently depressed for a month can seem bad, but it can get soooooooo much worse, its normal, you will feel better.

Lefty
Just continue to feel your feelings..and get support from friends and family.

I will leave you with a joke:
I went to my shrink yesterday. He says he he thinks I am going crazy. I said, Doc I would like to get a second opinion. He says, Alright your ugly too!

i like saying hi
yep

dock ter do little
Well feeling depressed at any age is never OK! But if you mean is it NORMAL, it certainly is. In fact a lot of sensitive intelligent people often get depressed. If it persists you should consult a professional about treatmeant options. It is certainly nothing to be ashamed of.

Norm
Rating
I was a depressed teenager and not having anyone to talk to made things worse. I could not even talk to my parents because they would tell me I was crazy. It's good to have good friends you can trust and talk too. Are your parents cool? can you talk to them? if you can talk to your parents that would be awsome.

Justin
you need to talk with a therapist

WiseGal
Rating
Hormones are getting to you. Just know this is a passing
phase. Try to have fun with friends and sports and yes
even school. Eat well, exercise and get good sleep those
will help you too.
When bad things happen a rough break up remember you
can feel sorry for yourself or you can try to think of
this as a learning experience. In other words bad things
happen it is how we deal with them that makes us , us.
Concentrate on your school work that will get you
far in life.
To make you feel better well I wish I were back in
high school again. To be young like you youngster!!!
And how about a star to cheer you up?
Take care and have FUN.

BASEBALL PLAYER
yeah it is
your body is going through changes and ur hormones are raging
so hold on ull get passed it

stranger
it's not okay, but it's normal.
you might not be DEPRESSED, but you might just be normally sad, or be having some teen angst.
don't over analyze this; dude, normal sadness doesn't mean you're depressed.

ELIZA!
oh my god, its SOOO ok for a teen to be depressed. im a teen and I get heaps depressed sometimes too. sometimes it just good to have a cry and talk it all out to people or even write in a diary. just keep your head high and stay strong, everything will work out. your only a teenager for so long - go have some fun

Math Mom
Rating
Well, it's perfectly normal if that's what you mean. Okay? well....sure it's okay except that it's kind of hard on you! I don't know your religion or anything but my best remedy was always to find a tree somewhere I could sit or lay under for a couple of hours without many people around....like in a park or a backyard, and take a bible and my journal and just write it all down, and cry maybe, and read something in the bible and kind of get a bigger perspective on things and then maybe even take a nap.

Sep S
Rating
yeh...dude/dudette
its absouloutly and completely normal

♥ pro pro ♥
Rating
yes it iz okay for a teen to feel depressed (in my opinion)... dont worry ull be back to normal! summers almost here so then u dont need to worry about school.. ahh. :)

and thiz alwayz works on my friendz so i think itll work on u too...

If your happy and you know clap your hands!!!
*clap clap*.
did it make ya smile? :) hope it did!!! :D

G00D LUCK!!!

techmom
Rating
You should definitely let your parents know how you're feeling. You could also go see your school counselor or a trusted teacher. They can usually help.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy