Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Is this normal?
My wife talks to my stomach! Several times throughout the day, she comes up to me, lifs up my shirt, bends down and says "Hi! You're so cute! I miss you!" But she calls ME crazy!<...

If I were to smoke Marijuana tonite, would I be ok to take a test on Tuesday?
I have a college placement test to take on Tuesday and I was wondering if smoking tonight could affect me at all.
Additional Details
I ...

How come people kill cats for the fun of it?
I knew someone who killed 5 cats, JUST FOR FUN!
I know he was getting pretty physcotic, but i didn't think he would go to the extent of killing cats.....

Is this an early sign of ...

Is it okay for a teen to feel depressed?
I have a lot going on including my first heart break, multi sports, and the pressure of schoolwork. Can someone help me out and make me feel better?
Additional Details

My boyfriend thinks im pregnant, i know im not. should i tell him the truth?

I want to cut myself NOW, what to do so I don't?
It sounds sick, but now, right this second, I want to hurt myself. Is there anything I can do instead? I feel really anxious, restless, and confused, and I've been having sudden feelings of ...

Do i have a problem or am i just weird?
Im 15 years old and im sophmore in high school, but im severly socially deprived. I've always been shy, quiet, good kid and never liked to stand out or participate in things since elementary ...

Please do not judge me…?
I hate myself. I have been unemployed for a year and one day and I feel so ashamed. I’m not exactly qualified for any of the jobs I really want because of my lack of formal education. The only ...

I'm feeling really depressed. Can anyone help me?
I should be feeling really happy today, and Iwas (for like, twenty minutes). I won first prize in a music competition, and I thought everyone was really proud and happy for me. THan, my daad started ...

Normal for mom to call her kid this?
She calls me a b*stard and screams at me. Says im stupid and things like that because i dont want to live with her anymore. She tells me i cant live or support myself on my own and threatens me if i ...

Why do we have dreams? Why are they so often crazy?
by crazy, I mean disjointed etc.. -...

Has anyone heard of cutting? My sister who is 22 does it and she shows it off like it's a badge of honor..
I don't understand the need to cut.. Can anyone help me out in understanding why someone would cut themself? She says she has been doing it for years. She will cut herself so deep that she has ...

What is the best lesson u learned from life?
what makes u feel happy in life ?...

Im soooo deppressed!!! i cut myself and dont know wat to do!!!?
im seriously depressed im on the larger side of things and im 13 !!!! people make fun of me! plz help b 4 i do sumtin i regret!...

What does it mean about my personality, when writing i write in cursive and print in the same sentence or even

If you cut yourself does that mean you have a mental illness?
Okay well I do cut myself, and people are always talking about like all these "mental illnesses" you most liikely have if you cut? Cant you just do it with out having to be "messed up&...

Why do some people kill others before comitting suicide?
like well it's really sad if they wanna kill themselves, not saying that they should but even if they decide to commit suicide they should just suicide themselves, not kill others, especially ...

Have you ever been depressed?

Why are some people so keen to point out spelling errors and ridicule us at the same time?
Surely we all make the odd mistake. I spelt fourty instead of forty. try checking it on spell check does not show as an ...

I am desperate?
She took the breath right out of me.She left a hole where my heart should be.
Additional Details
I love her so much.....I lost her....

laura
I am 5'7, and I have no confidence in myself because I am too tall...what do I do to feel good about myself
When I am around my friends I feel weird cause I am the tallest one there, and I dont feel comfertable around them. I am so worried, what can I do??
Additional Details
just to let people know i am 15

RoVale
Rating
I'm a six footer myself but it doesn't really bother me. The only concession I make to my height is that I don't wear high heels. It's not because I'm self-conscious of my height but the fact that I just can't walk in them. They hurt and I'm constantly twisting my ankles.

Bren
Rating
dont worry you have just grown earlier than your friends they will catch u up and then you will feel more comfortable. i was the same at 13, i was 5 5" but i didnt grow any more and everyone grew around me, im still the same height now. my daughter was 5 8" at your age and was miffed that in the year 11 school photo she didnt get on the back row even with her height as there were so many taller than her!

kentucky_girl
Rating
I am 5'6 and I know how you feel I was 5'5 when I was 11 but I am 13 now and my friends are starting to catch up some people just have early groth spirts don't worry

stan j
Ok so you are taller than your class mate's so I guess your suffering the effects of short persons syndrome, that being short people pick on people taller than them.
If being tall is such a problem why are high heels so popular?
Being tall means you won't get a crick in the neck kissing tall guys, true you'll never date Tom Cruise but isn't that another advantage.

Pobept K
Rating
wait a little while, boys like taller girls Good luck

uruniamme
Rating
Laura
believe in yourself, you are fine the way you are, sweet,beautiful and lovable ok
First of all start loving yourself for if you don’t, the who will.Be perfectly at ease with yourself and remember the others are just like you.Be sure of yourself, you are fine the way you are; and once in that mindset do what you have to.
Have you ever seen a rose trying to be a Lilly.If it ever tried it would end up being neither a rose nor a Lilly.A Rose can only be what it is and nothing else.
No two trees compete one another saying I am bigger than you.They are perfectly happy being , just being……….In nature just look around the whole existence is celebrationg, the birds,the bees,the trees,the wind, the sky n whole…………

Dragoner
Rating
At five feet seven inches you are by no means too tall. You'd need to be at least five ten to effectively become a model.

The late Princess Diana of Wales was five feet eleven inches tall.

The best advice is for you to seek the company of taller people. If you are from UK that should not be too difficult because the average height for a man here is now about 5'10'' and for a woman easily 5'6'' - 5'8''

You are not too tall. It's your friends who are too short.

Tori
My sister is 6 foot and she feels the same way. Just remember that it doesn't matter and plus I think its better to be really tall then to be really short.

343 Remember
Nothing. You've heard if before, just be happy with the way you are. Sure, improvement is always a good thing; however your height is not something that need to improve. You are tall, definitely NOT the tallest person on earth.. If you are the tallest of your friends, then you're the tallest of your friends. That's it.

The grass is always greener. I am 5'3" - wish I was a bit taller; however I am not.. heels help, but I am simply 5'3" when all is said and done.

You may find as you get older.. that your height is an asset... Look in the mirror and love who you are.

If you're ugly on the inside, then you'll have some work to do; however I doubt that.. so enjoy who you are.

I wish you well.

tomsp10
Rating
I'm not sure exactly what you mean. The question says you are 57, do you mean that you are 5 foot 7 inches? If you do I would hardly call you excessively tall as quite a few women top the 6 foot mark and they don't seem to think they're weird.

Most models seem to be fairly tall so perhaps it's your friends who should be worried.

Bridget
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I am 6ft tall and 15 and at some times I am a little uneasy but hey I have something they don't. Flaunt your tallness and be proud of it.

Hint hint: your not that tall...

Amanda Overmeyer-Janis of today!
Rating
you're not tall. Everyone else is just short.

I'm 5'8" and a lot of other people are taller than me.

SuddenlySimple
Rating
I'm a half inch taller the same age. its not too bad. if it really bugs you find something unique about yourself besides your height

bobbydigits
Make sure it's clear in your mind that you are not going to get any shorter no matter what anyone says.

PHILIP W
Rating
Just be yourself walk tall

Moondog
One thing to think of is that many guys really like tall girls. And honestly you are not that tall. I don't know your age but it may just be that your growth occurred a bit earlier than many. Feel good about yourself - and others will feel good towards you.

Razzle
Rating
5 7 lady....you can be a model with long legs and earn a fortune..wow..
Don't feel down cos your so tall...your the lucky one..how many of your friends want to be taller i bet?
Your more attractive to all the really tall guys as well..lucky you.

Ryan
Rating
5`7 is nothing for a woman. Dont worry.

Kitty®
Since there isn't anything you can do about it...how about you embrace your height? I mean consider the alternative:being very short. Just know that everyone has something about themselves that they aren't happy with.Your not alone.

Dress nice and just be who you are. Carry yourself with pride,confidence and dignity. I'm sure you are an awesome person and alot of people care about you just the way you are.

bert
Don't worry lady, I'm a 6' 3'' man, I'm not tall, it's just that most people are vertically challenged !"

Ahdunno
if you are tall, then you are different.

USE IT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE

get somewhere, you literally stand out from the crowd and that is a good thing

playersur13
Rating
i am 5'8 and i think im too short so i think you should just accept it and not stress it so much. in this world there are tall and short personally think your a perfect height.

aimiemw
Rating
being tall is a good thing! just try to ignore the fact that you're tall if it really bothers you, but no offense, 5'7, is not really that tall-i am 5'6 and i am not even that tall. you must hang out with a lot of small girls! try to also make friends who are your height or close to it. use your tallness for sports like basketball and volleyball-don't worry about it. i'd kill to stay at my current weight if i could be taller-like 5'9 or something lol!

reggie
when I am in the supermarket I just love when someone your height come along as I am 5"3 to help me with something from the top shelf,and doing windows and high dusting painting you do have your uses?lots and lots so don't get down you are a person with feelings not matter tall or small slim or fat everyone has problems,never feel weird feel 10 feet tall then your on top of the world

B M
Rating
Hey, well you don't say how old you are, but judging by the question you are young enough to think your height matters. It doesn't. You are actually a great height to be. Not to tall, not to short. You might not realize it now, but you will be glad for this height later. Just think, when you get old and shrink, you will still be able to reach the shelves, your friends wont :-) Don't compare yourself to those around you. You are unique, there is only one like you in the entire world...love you.

bulletvalentinex
Don't think of being tall as a bad thing. Being tall is beautiful , if you think about it .. models are very tall. I'm 5ft and I wish I'd do anything to be taller.
It's great, you just need to stop being so hard on yourself, you're perfect the way you are.
:)

kaz
Rating
im 5 foot 8 and a half

My Gosh.{Oh} xx Livin It Upp x
models have to be iover 5'7 to become catwalk models. count urself lucky and ur friends.. nt so lucky!!!

thatone guy
im 5'8 lol and im only 11! being tall is awesome, dont worry!

Sophie
Rating
Love your height! I bet you are leggy and model like. I was that height at your age and now I am 5'9 and absolutely love being tall! Love your height and love yourself, hold your head high and be noticed for how beautiful you are! :-) xxxxx

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy