Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Does chewing gum help you burn calories?

Am i anorexic? Please be serious about this.?
Okay. I stopped eating so mush in july. I used to eat snacks a 3 meals a day an i was fat ! I was 5-2 and weighed 130 pounds! over the summer i stopped eating so much. about 3 oreos a day.
I now ...

ANYONE KNOW OF A GOOD DIET PILL? that you or a friend has had results with?
ok. losing weight is impossible isnt it? can someone please give me some tips on losing weight. i just dont think excersizing and eating right will do it all. i might need some extra help. does ...

How can I lose ten pounds in a week?
I want to be 95 pounds by monday. I'm not sure how Im going to do it, got any advice or helpful ideas?
Im thirteen and im 4'9....

What are some good ways to loose weight?
I am a ballet dancer and i want to loose a few pounds for my upcoming show which is in casting right now & i want to get the lead role. I basically need a way to help put off some weight & ...

Is popcorn healthy?
One hundred calorie bags of popcorn that is... Is this healthy for me? I eat one bag every night as a snack. I heard that there were some reported cases of cancer in popcorn factories... I am asking ...

When dieting should i cut salt out of diet or just cut back alittle?

I am 5'6" and 200lbs, am I fat?
My mother is obease (sp?) and my father is not, my brother is...heavy, I don't want to be 'fat' but when some of my friends complain of being 'overweight' or I hear about the ...

Ok i think i'm fat..i am 5'1 i weigh 110lb and I'm 15?

I'm 15 years old...how can i get taller??
im 15 years old...and about 5'5"...i know that's not that bad. my parents are about 5'7" and 5'8" and my older brother is about 5'10". is there anything i ...

Does pole dancing keep you fit?

Do I need to loose wieght?
I know a lot of people ask this question, but I want to know (from a professional please) if I have too much body fat for my age and height. I am 15 years old and 5 feet and about 4 or 5 inches tall. ...

Does starving yourself help you lose weight and excersing when your done keep weight off?
starving your self whiles exercising goelp you lose ...

Join the Gym, or run/jog/walk?
should i join the gym

or should i just try to jog around the block once a day?

if i jog or walk around the neighbor hood, how often should i do it and how long? i grow tired ...

I'm15 1/2 and 6' 1" and i weight 160 pounds?
I'm skinny, but i wanna gain muscle any tips?...

What's the point in dieting?
Sure looking good is all nice and everything but you are not happy when dieting. No. Think about it, you are not happy. Wouldn't you rather eat whatever you want instead of eating in ...

I am 40 stone and cant lose any weight - Do you think I should just stop trying and keep eating?

Got any good weight loss tips?
I need them fast!
Additional Details
I am on a diet now I need to know how to exersie....

Is it better to be Skinny or Muscler?

Does anyone know if you can get low calorie bread?
This probably sounds silly, but im trying to loose weight, im not far off my goal, and im starting to get cravings and hunger spells, i usually go for a bread based snack, like toast or a sandwich, i ...

icey_hotcake
I'm getting BIG!!!!i'm 32 y.o.,5'3'' in height and im beginning to gain weight...(130lbs)OH my GOD!
What would be the best exercise fo a married woman like me w/ 3 kids???im a 24/7 fulltime mom...

Kendra
Rating
my mom dont eat for a week and then at the end of the week she eats somthing big then dont eat for another week but she still drinks coffee during the week

that seems to keep her skinny
not good though

M.F.R.
talk to jesus

tampabayfriends
Rating
Here is what you need to do, if you are serious about losing weight and keeping it off. Eat 6 small meals a day about every 4 hours. Here what that will do for you, your metabolism will increase (i.e. Loose weight) and you will have more engry. If you go on a diet and eat less, your metabolism will slow down and store to fat. That is why diets dont work. Only the size of your fist, carbs (examples:baked potato, pasta, oatmeal, beans, corn, melon, apples, fat free yogurt, whole wheat breads)in one and protien (examples:chicken breast, swordfish, shrimp, turkey breast) in the other. You can also eat vegetables and salads with any meal, they dont have none or little fat). 30min cardo exercise every day. Any of these(examples: walking, jogging, swimming,running, biking, ect), Monday cardo, tues upper body (arms: curls, tricep extensions,pull ups, front press)(abdominals: leg pull crunch, leg raises), (chest: bench press, butterfly, pullover)(shoulders: front press, arm pullover, cross county skier machine)(back:seated row, lat pull downs, back extension)(YOU DONT HAVE TO DO IN ONE DAY, mix it up) wed cardo, thurs lower body (legs: leg pull,leg press, squats, lounges) fri cardo, sat upper. Sunday eat anything you want and dont exercising, you do this on sunday so your body doesnt go into starvation mode. YOU NEED TO TAKE SUNDAY OFF. If you stilck with this you will have a great body. also drink aleast 8oz of water daily! Stay away from Mcdonals, Wendys, ect because there is nothing good for you on the menu's even the salads are bad (beaon bits, cheeze, dressing, ect) Good Luck :)

edgarrrw
Start walking around the block or were ever you can, walking bristly can burn allot if fat and also time to think, good for ya, good luck

(:
that's not big!

itskind2bcruel
Rating
first, EXERCISE. cardio 30 minutes a day 4 days a week, and increase the time monthly until you are completing 60 minutes of cardio work 5 days a week. add weight training/resistance after a month and start with 15 minutes 4 days a week and increase it until you are able to train 5 days a week for 1/2 hour. secondly, change the way you eat. eat plenty of fresh, brightly colored fruits, vegies, berries, lean proteins such as fish, chicken, ham, turkey, nuts, peanut butter, soy products, low/nonfat dairy products, and whole wheat, whole grain, high fiber breads, rices, pastas, cereals, crackers, oatmeals, and snack bars such as TLC bars and granola. drink plenty of water and green tea and good quality, high antioxidant juices. limit pop to one can a day. coffee has health benefits such as high antioxidant benefits, but try to limit yourself to 3 cups a day. potatoes are good for you as they contain high fiber and minerals, but watch what you put on top of them. if you are a female, to lose weight, you should be eating around 1500-1700 calories to lose weight and 2000-2200 to maintain. if you are male, you should be eating 1800-2000 to lose weight and 2200-2500 to maintain. eat 3 reasonable meals and 3 snacks a day as it will keep your metabolism revving. eat in moderation. if you want a treat, eat just one serving and move on. if you eat healthy the rest of the time, having a treat once a week isn't going to hurt you. stay motivated and remember that you are not perfect. just do your best. but always exercise. and don't starve yourself as this will slow down your metabolism causing more weight gain. good luck

littleflower_57
Getting big????? I don't think so my dear. But exercise will help you to keep from really getting big. Take a walk every day with your kids.

Playing Nice
Rating
My ideas? Try to do 200 minutes of cardio a week. Remember fat does not turn into muscle, so you need to lose your fat while putting on muscle. Work hard, but don't over 60 minutes at a time. Do planks and other abs exercises on alternate days.

On training days, do 5-10 minutes of cardio to warm up, then do your weight training. Do 30 to 60 minutes more of cardio, then go home.

The best time to eat is just after your workout within an hour when your metabolism is raging. For your muscles, incorporate some isolated soy protein or whey protein. Whey is more potent but the soy tastes better!

Don't look at your scale as the be all and end all, but get a measuring tape to check your progress, and that will show more tangible results.

Read magazines like Shape, Womens Fitness, Fitness, etc to get tips and to stay motivated.

Good luck and stick at it. This plan has lost me 20 lbs in 12 weeks so far, just go for it!

mandaboo4you
could be cysts do some research

nicnoo23
Start Runinng And Doing Daily Excrise 2 Keep You Shape

elaeblue
First of all you are not fat at 5'3"/130 . The best exercise for a full time Mom is a gym. It gets you out of the house for a bit and personnel can help you with a work out designed for you. Many gyms have child care.

prince47
Rating
be on diet. reduce fatty foods. take two meals only. drink more water in the morning. stop taking food in the night.see the change. eat for strength only not for fat.

Becca
Rating
I think you're just trying to get attention. Join the Y and do cardio 7 days a week, about 30 minutes a day is all you need. It doesn't matter how much you weigh, just how many inches around you are. I weight as much as you. I am size 6 what's wrong with that??

Dale
Rating
I'm surprised your not getting en ought exercise with 34 kids to take care of and being a full time mom.
But first of all most people men and women start to gain weight after 30, so that much is normal. But when you get a few minutes alone, turn on the radio/tape player/CD music and move to the music, No you don't need to do any fancy foot work or steps. Just move that body like you've never done before and have fun and burn those calories! (and have fun, baby, have fun doing it.)

i will be your friend!
Rating
hey lady, you have nothing to worry about! is that constantly on your mind? what about the women out there who worry if they can feed there kids tonight, but your worried about yourself losing weight when you weigh nothing for a mom of 3 and your age! you in great shape! be pround of it! it could be worse!

amy j
Have you had a physical lately, I would get my thyroid checked if I started having major changes in my weight, but if you just want to work out walking, or swimming has worked best for me. A lot of gyms have daycare this helps relieve stress too.

Diego G
Exercise is very important. Focus on cardio (running, biking, swimming). But I think Diet is just as important, if not more. Sacrafices need to be made if you're really committed to losing weight. Get rid of as many sugars as you can, drink a lot more water, Don't eat so much dead food! Eat a lot of veggies and such. There's really no big secret to losing weight as everyone thinks... they just don't have the will power to stay off junk.

Liddy is Lost
Okay, first things first, calm down! lol

Firstly you are not overweight, so you don't need to panic. You have also had three kids, so your weight is not that bad at all.

I'd probably suggest trying an aerobics dvd. I don't know how old your kids are, but if you can just find a spare 30 minutes a day, you can do the aerobics right in the comfort of your own home. There are also plenty of workout videos to choose from. I personallly enjoy dancing and boxing type aerobic workouts as this burn of lots of calories and are great for building muscle.

You can also invest in some weight and a swiss exercise ball, which you can tone pretty much any muscle in the body just as well as in any gym! By doing both cardio and weight training, you will not only lose fat, but gain muscle and muscle is what burns the fat! You will look slimmer, more toned and feel healthier overall.

Good luck and don't panic, you are young, your body will have no problem getting into great shape. : )

shanney fan
Rating
First of all, your first mistake is being a mom 24/7. If you don't take care of yourself, who'll take care of your kids after you're gone. Do have a husband who can take care of them? Family? Anyone? Use your head. I hate stupid questions.

Bebert
You have a warped sense of "BIG". I feel sorry for you because you really aren't big. I hate how we woman are made to feel fat because of what is portrayed at "hot" and "thin" in the media....ugh.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy