Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Is this healthy weight for a 7th grader?
well im in 7th grade and i weigh 111 pounds. i used to wiegh like 107 and that was 3 days ago. but when i wieghed mself. it was in the night time and i ate 10 to 15 minutes before i wieghed myself. ...

Do you lose weight by drinking lots of water?
............if so, how much water shoul i drink and how much weight could i lose?...

What is the funnest way to lose weight for girls???

What is an easy way to stop smoking?

If i drink lots of water, regularly, will i get used to it and not go the toilet as much?

If someone starves themselves, not eating but drinking, how long is it before they start to lose weight?

Additional Details
I just want to add that this is a general question and I am not planning to do anything like this!...

I'm getting BIG!!!!i'm 32 y.o.,5'3'' in height and im beginning to gain weight...(130lbs)OH my GOD!
What would be the best exercise fo a married woman like me w/ 3 kids???im a 24/7 fulltime mom......

How to put on weight...?
Am naturally a size 8, but recently have had a lot on my mind for various reasons. I know i've lost a bit of weight, but now i'm a bit worried cos i can pull my size 6 trousers 2 inches ...

13 y.o girl wants to lose weight for the summer :] (PLEASE ANSWER!)?
i'm 13 years old & in 7th grade. i'm 5'2" and 106 lbs. i want to weigh about 100 lbs by june 19.

-i would like to know what type of foods i should eat [like for ...

Is my stomach fit enough to wear a bikini? [W. PICTURE]?
i'm not overweight (5'3½'' & 127lbs), and i posted a question earlier asking if overweight people should wear a bikini, and most said it depends on how overweight, and this ...

I HATE ALL OF THESE LOSERS...damn?
STOP ASKING ABOUT BUILDING HUGE MUSCLES AND STOP ASKING ABOUT QUICK RAPID FIRE RESULTS WITH NOTHN BUT MUSCLE MILK AND SHIZZ LIKE THAT... that stuff doesnt work anyway... just eat right and workout ...

Disgustingly fat?!?
hi, i'm female (a teenager), 5'0, and a whopping 100 lbs, which is DISGUSTING. i'm eating about 500 cals a day, but i end up going over if i'm with my mom and she makes me eat...i&...

Do i have to diet to get rid of my stomach?
i weigh 127 and want to get rid of my tummy and tighten up my butt and tone my upper legs do i have to diet as well as exercise. i never had a porblem with my weight. i usually eigh 110 but n ow i am ...

How do I gain 90 pounds in 6 months?

I need help..bad.?
i recently got out of atreatment center for bulimia...i was 102 pounds when i got in there. i barley ate anything. since i have been out i eat ungodly amounts of food and forthe past few days i have ...

Ive been exercising since january (the gym).. and i eat soooo Well why am i not losing weight?

I'm a boy of 17 ,,,,,,,,,very thin..............plz tell me how to gain weight......i dont want 2 eat non-veg.

Does chewing gum help you burn calories?

Am i anorexic? Please be serious about this.?
Okay. I stopped eating so mush in july. I used to eat snacks a 3 meals a day an i was fat ! I was 5-2 and weighed 130 pounds! over the summer i stopped eating so much. about 3 oreos a day.
I now ...

ANYONE KNOW OF A GOOD DIET PILL? that you or a friend has had results with?
ok. losing weight is impossible isnt it? can someone please give me some tips on losing weight. i just dont think excersizing and eating right will do it all. i might need some extra help. does ...

♫☆LOViNG IT.<3 ♫♪
Is 117 pounds over weight if ur 5'2?

tanyas b
Rating
USE: phenterprin HCL is an appetite suppressant used along with diet, exercise, and behavior therapy for the short-term management of obesity.

How To Take Phenterprin: HclSwallow whole. Do not break, crush, or chew before swallowing. Take one capsule (usual recommended dose) in the morning with breakfast. Be sure you take your dose at least 10 to 12 hours before bedtime. Store this product at room temperature in a tightly-closed container, away from heat and light. If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible. If it is after noon, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.

Fint it on prescriptionmedsonline.info

Martin
Rating
You are overweight according to a doctor's chart. A 5 foot tall woman should weigh in at 100 pounds, and you're supposed to add another 5 pounds per every extra inch in height.
Therefore, you should be weighing in at 110 pounds.
The only reason why the majority of the people are saying "hell no", is because nowadays, we are so used to seeing obese people on a day to day basis, someone that's 7 pounds overweight is nothing.

Kirsten<3JB
Rating
No. Maybe ur not really skinny but why would you want to your normal. But waht about me I am 5' 6" say. And I weigh about 98-100 pounds. Am i normal or what?haha

SubJ
yes.

Eat only when hungry and not more than thrice a day. Nothing other than water in between. Include plenty of uncooked vegetables and fruits in each meal, preferably 50%. Chew each morsel at least 32 times to activate ur body to generate signals of hunger/fullness. Obey these signals.

Take light exercises and brisk walks regularly preferably twice a day.

U will achieve what u have not even dreamt and that too in a reasonable time. Do not be in a hurry.

shamrock210
Rating
When it comes to your health, absolutely not, but it's up to you whether you think you look overweight. I am also petite and have a small frame so when I put on a few pounds it's very noticeable. It's not so much how much you weigh, but how you carry it. You can be a light-weight, but still have a high body fat percentage and look unhealthy.

As far as your health goes, your BMI is in the perfect range. It comes out to 21.4. The categories follow:

* Underweight = <18.5
* Normal weight = 18.5-24.9
* Overweight = 25-29.9
* Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

Your BMI is easy to calculate. BMI= lbs/in squared x 703.

ProfessorC
Rating
Its in the normal range - which according to the calcs is 105 to 117.

However the person that said 145 is okay IS soooooo wrong. Thats overweight.

oldtimekid
To a very high degree, you should weigh as much as you feel happy with weighing.

As far as a "healthy weight", that's what most of the other posts are about (calculating your BMI, diet plans, etc).... but most people will say what the "average" is according to different opinions.

As long as you are at a weight where you are healthy, the most important part is that you are HAPPY with your weight... not that you "should be X pounds", but that no matter what you weigh, you are happy with that instead of striving to be a size 2 or something like that

That being said, if you want to lose weight, exercise is a really good (and safe) way to lose weight. In addition to that, I would recommend meeting with a nutritionist or dietitian to see if there is something else that may benefit you more.

Gumnaam1
it depends, what is your body frame?

small - 107-121
medium - 118-132
large - 128-140

i would say you are fine for your height.

G-Baby
Rating
Not even close, I'm 5'2" and i weigh
135, and I'm not even considered overweight till I'm like
145, so Ur def good

simba
Rating
DEPENDS ON YOUR HEIGHT AND ODY STRUCTURE

FOR A TALL MAN SAY 6 FEET PLUS, HE WOULD LOOK SKINNY
FOR A SHORT PERSON 4 FT 5'' HE WILL LOOK BULKY

AGE TOGETHER WITH HEIGHT CAN GIVE AN INDICATION WHETHER YOU ARE FAT OR NOT

natasha_526_tx
depends on your bone structure and frame. the best thing to do is to use a bmi calculator(google search and you will find some) this will tell you if you are in a healthy range, over or under weight.

TIffany
Rating
NO! And don't even think that 120 would be either.

CJ
Rating
Depends on your build - are you slightly built, or do you have bigger bones! Either way, 117 lbs. is hardly heavy. Even at 5'-2" . Just watch your weight and you will be fine.

C Sunshine
Rating
Why are you asking?

As everyone else says, "no way." You should be LOOKING GOOD!

adonai82
Rating
NO, I'm 5'1" and weigh 127 which is only about 4-5 lbs overweight for my height. You're just fine.

elizabeth
nopee

sassy 1
Rating
nada

Ace
Rating
no.

Mindy
Rating
Nope.

suavi29
Rating
not at all, you are right on track!

if you feel like you need to loose some weight, all you probably need is some muscle toning and you will see an amazing difference!

sweet ♥ pea
NOO! =]

Kelly Boobies
Absolutely Not.

Cloe
Heck No! That's Perfect! you are only 2" shy of me, and what I'm supposed to be is between 120 - 140 for my "ideal" weight. So you're good! don't worry about it girl!
hugs

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy