Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

13 y.o girl wants to lose weight for the summer :] (PLEASE ANSWER!)?
i'm 13 years old & in 7th grade. i'm 5'2" and 106 lbs. i want to weigh about 100 lbs by june 19.

-i would like to know what type of foods i should eat [like for ...

Is my stomach fit enough to wear a bikini? [W. PICTURE]?
i'm not overweight (5'3½'' & 127lbs), and i posted a question earlier asking if overweight people should wear a bikini, and most said it depends on how overweight, and this ...

I HATE ALL OF THESE LOSERS...damn?
STOP ASKING ABOUT BUILDING HUGE MUSCLES AND STOP ASKING ABOUT QUICK RAPID FIRE RESULTS WITH NOTHN BUT MUSCLE MILK AND SHIZZ LIKE THAT... that stuff doesnt work anyway... just eat right and workout ...

Disgustingly fat?!?
hi, i'm female (a teenager), 5'0, and a whopping 100 lbs, which is DISGUSTING. i'm eating about 500 cals a day, but i end up going over if i'm with my mom and she makes me eat...i&...

Do i have to diet to get rid of my stomach?
i weigh 127 and want to get rid of my tummy and tighten up my butt and tone my upper legs do i have to diet as well as exercise. i never had a porblem with my weight. i usually eigh 110 but n ow i am ...

How do I gain 90 pounds in 6 months?

I need help..bad.?
i recently got out of atreatment center for bulimia...i was 102 pounds when i got in there. i barley ate anything. since i have been out i eat ungodly amounts of food and forthe past few days i have ...

Ive been exercising since january (the gym).. and i eat soooo Well why am i not losing weight?

I'm a boy of 17 ,,,,,,,,,very thin..............plz tell me how to gain weight......i dont want 2 eat non-veg.

Does chewing gum help you burn calories?

Am i anorexic? Please be serious about this.?
Okay. I stopped eating so mush in july. I used to eat snacks a 3 meals a day an i was fat ! I was 5-2 and weighed 130 pounds! over the summer i stopped eating so much. about 3 oreos a day.
I now ...

ANYONE KNOW OF A GOOD DIET PILL? that you or a friend has had results with?
ok. losing weight is impossible isnt it? can someone please give me some tips on losing weight. i just dont think excersizing and eating right will do it all. i might need some extra help. does ...

How can I lose ten pounds in a week?
I want to be 95 pounds by monday. I'm not sure how Im going to do it, got any advice or helpful ideas?
Im thirteen and im 4'9....

What are some good ways to loose weight?
I am a ballet dancer and i want to loose a few pounds for my upcoming show which is in casting right now & i want to get the lead role. I basically need a way to help put off some weight & ...

Is popcorn healthy?
One hundred calorie bags of popcorn that is... Is this healthy for me? I eat one bag every night as a snack. I heard that there were some reported cases of cancer in popcorn factories... I am asking ...

When dieting should i cut salt out of diet or just cut back alittle?

I am 5'6" and 200lbs, am I fat?
My mother is obease (sp?) and my father is not, my brother is...heavy, I don't want to be 'fat' but when some of my friends complain of being 'overweight' or I hear about the ...

Ok i think i'm fat..i am 5'1 i weigh 110lb and I'm 15?

I'm 15 years old...how can i get taller??
im 15 years old...and about 5'5"...i know that's not that bad. my parents are about 5'7" and 5'8" and my older brother is about 5'10". is there anything i ...

Does pole dancing keep you fit?

OK!
I am 300 pounds and I really want to lose at least 50 pounds by December.?
I am 18 and 300 pounds and I really want to lose 50 pounds before the end of the year. I am a naturally big build and athletic, although I am do have quite a lot of fat on my frame. My main goal is to get rid of my flabby midsection. I wake up at 6am in the morning to go to school, I don't eat all that much and my meals are irregular, like I eat like a slice of bread or a yogurt in the morning, a bag of chips for lunch, and then like a plate of pasta in the evening, and thats my food for the day.
I have been trying to go to the gym in the past, but then I do it for like a week, and then I lose motivation or am just really tired when I get back from school.

I am really desperate to lose this weight now, and I am willing to try out serious responses. I don't care if someone has an unhealthy, but effective way to lose weight, don't worry about it, I'll take the risk.

Please help,
Thanks in advance :)

seinfeld22
Rating
i would suggest liposuction

dabombtonight
Rating
how do you get that fat?and do you really think u can lose weight
while eating a bag of chips? when i was 24 i was 152 pounds then i lost 24 pounds while i just got knee surgery,and come on
"
I am really desperate to lose this weight now, and I am willing to try out serious responses. I don't care if someone has an unhealthy, but effective way to lose weight, don't worry about it, I'll take the risk. " sounds like you don't care much about yourself
first step is idmitting you have a problem and willing to change in a healthy manner, if you can't do that, ur setting urself for a looong life of obesity,you see some people can't lose weight because you see they have a problem and they deal with it by eating.....now you have to fix that problem in order to lose weight(i'm not saying u have a problem,but this happens in most cases), if you don't you'll just end up losing weight for the wrong reasons and will find urself gaining weight again my adivce is lose weight in a healthy way like i did if u need more info msg me kk..

best ever
try hiphop abs and keep your story shorter

fit4ever_09
Rating
You will need to incorporate some aerobic activity into your daily routine. I would suggest either walking or riding a bike at least 30-45 minutes a day to start and then increase your time, this will burn fat and calories.

Eating wise, you should be eating more just because of your size. Try eating 6 small meals a day (this might be a little difficult because of school) but, at least give it a try. Yogurt in the morning is fine but, you need more. Try oatmeal and a slice of wheat toast w/peanut butter. For snacks in between breakfast, lunch & dinner, try eating fruit, unsalted nuts, and or granola bars.
Lunch, you definitely want more than a bag of chips. Turkey, chicken or tuna (salad) sandwich on wheat bread w/a side salad (Wendy's is great) and yogurt or fruit is a good lunch.
Dinner, try to eat dinner before 8 but, no later than 8:30. Baked fish w/steamed veggies and brown rice is good.

These are just suggestions. You can experiment w/different kinds of foods (healthy) and see what you like and what will work for you. Good luck.

versantly
see your doctor.

Skrap
Diet and exercise. See your doctor before you do either though. If you try to do this on your own without the proper supervision you could injure yourself. It's important to start off slow and work yourself back into shape. Don't try to take on too much too fast. What is important is that you do something small every day so that the exercise is habit.

See your doctor first.

Kevin U
Rating
My field is in fashion, as a result many people ask me how they can slim down. My answer is always the same: good diet and exercise. But I found this great product which I think helps a lot in the process. I recommend you check this website
http://www.healthy-and-thin.us , they have a free trial and you only pay $6.95 shipping and handling. Good luck!

Pau
Rating
You must have discipline on doing such as that...
you must watch what you eat(no junk foods, no refined foods), drink plenty of water...

Increase your metabolism by doing muscles exercises(i don't remember what was it called) and cardiovascular exercises...
Before you eat your breakfast, lunch and dinner, you must work on you muscle exercises(abdomenal, arms, legs) to increase your metabolism... Exercising after you eat your breakfast etc. will not increase your metabolism...

eat alot of protein, protein intake will increase your metabolism and will replace your body fats...

it's all about increasing your metabolism....

anil kumar
Rating
i think the best way is to go for jogging and skipping and cycling.all three of them r better ways to reduce the fat.

shadowmonkeyblue
check out my profile.I have now lost 40 lbs. in about 4 months.The diet I offer helps you lose weight and its healthy.Some doctors recommend this diet for their overweight patients.It really works.

FrootBooter
Rating
too much weight, too little time. Take your time, stay motivated, cut the crap out of your diet! You know what Im talking about. The only way to lose the weight is to give up everything that made you the way you are. Get motivated, get moving and get out of the house bro.

Rosetta
first of all, you are eating wrong, you dont skip meals. you body is like a machine, it has to has gas to burn up the calories and burn fat. dont try some risky diet, i've know people to die from those.
ok for breakfast u should try- carnation instant breakfast, i love chocolate flavor, and maybe a piece of fruit.
for lunch,try to eat more protein, or like a sandwich, yogert, some baked chips, and water or diet soda. i love diet coke.
for supper, skip the pasta, not good... maybe a salad, remember you can have all the vegetables you want they are a free food, maybe a baked potato, with lite butter, and for meat, a piece of baked chicken, without the skin.
always read the labels on the side of the package
it takes 15gms of carbs to = 1 carborhydrate
it takes 3-5 gms of fat =1 fat
and watch your sugar intake, remember your carbs turn to sugar so add your carb amount to the sugar amount and thats how much sugar you are taking in.
start walking 3-4 days a week for about 30 mins. you will find you have more energy and you will feel better and the weight will come off. you should not lose more than about 3-5 pds a week, it is safer and it will stay off for good.
oh, eat a snack during the afternoon, like a yorget or maybe a slim-fast. remember dont skip meals, even a bad choice is better than no choice.
good luck sweetie

chels.
Rating
There is no easy way out, unless you want lap-band or gastro....in that case, see your doctor, otherwise...start counting calories, fat grams, if you're too tired to go to the gym, try dancing around your house everyday to your favorite music, cleaning, do sit-ups while watching t.v.....invest in some resistance bands...do some lunges around the house, get your muscles burning somehow everyday...As far as losing fifty pounds by December I don't know...but I can tell you that working out an hour everyday and a 1200 calorie diet allowed me to lose 22 lbs in less than 2 months...

GGLC
Don't do anything risky. Try looking up the book "Fit for Life".

Give me best answer
Rating
You remind me of someone I knew in high school. He ate very little, usually only a yogurt every day, and did nothing but work out. That was seriously all he did. Over the last 4 months of the year, he dropped from 320 to 235.

Lift weights a lot, go for a higher number of reps and lower weight. Jump rope a lot, and run. Treadmills work best. You can make it by December, but it won't be easy. But once you're into the routine, it shouldn't be a problem.

Needs to go to bed
Rating
Don't drink any soda at all, including diet soda. From my experience and even from the experiences of others, cutting out soda entirely is good for 20 pounds in a couple months. Also, your diet is not healthy. I am not an Atkins supporter, but all you are eating is carbs. You need to balance out the carbs with protein. Also, you HAVE to eat regularly and instead of eating more as the day goes on, you should eat more early and decrease later in the day.

One last thing, I know its tough to workout when you're tired, but if you workout regularly for a month, you'll start to feel your energy level pick up, so stick with it.

x_unluckii_x
Jogg every day, it could lose alot of weight believe me...

Sasha
Rating
Hey, I know you're pretty desperate to shed some pounds but hang in there. Whatever the cause for this sudden desire to lose weight, please reconsider your way of wanting to lose it - chose the method wisely and make sure it doesn't turn into a health concern further down the road.

That said, looking over your typical daily menu, it sounds very unhealthy with little vitamins... The first thing I see is.. you are packing your day on with carbs.

Try to keep your carbs early in the morning. That should be your biggest meal - breakfast. Have a couple of eggs - poached/boiled, slice of toast and a fruit or a fat free yogurt. In school, have a sandwich - try keeping it whole wheat/whole grain and go skimpy on the mayo and avoid the cheese unless it is part skim. For dinner -- lose the carbs and just have vegetables with a protein of your choice. If throughout the day you get hungry, have a healthy snack... like baked chips or hummus with vegetables, fruits, an ounce of almonds.. etc.

Exercise -- USUALLY you need 60-90 mins of cardio a day for weight loss.. I learned this in my health course last year.. I don't know how true that is so don't take my word on it but I would say 30-60 mins of cardio 3-5 times a week should do the trick. If you havent exercised in a while start out slow -- you will still see results. Aim for 15-20 mins 3-5 times a week if you are new to exercise. Vary it from walking to jogging, swimming, cycling, jump rope or even a sport.

Don't forget to lift weights 2-3 times a week to add some muscle, this will not only make you toned but it will increase your metabolism as more muscle = more energy burned.

Phew.. hope this helps. Oh by the way... as far as eating goes, definitely check out the link I have provided you with.

â?€'MaKeUp' YoUr MiNdâ?€
i think u eat to much starch-bread,pasta, chips (potatoes) so i think u should have a serving suggested bowl of Special K with fat free milk in the morning and once for a snack anytime of day, a chicken/turkey/roast beef sandwich with carrats and another fruit or vegetable for lunch, for dinner have a healthy soup or some pasta with a meat sauce.
for snacks: eat: fruits and vegetables- sweet and yummy!, and u need at least 3 servings of fruit and 4-5 servings of vegtables a day. *make sure to eat at least one green vegtable a day!

also take vitamins every day and only drink water and an occasional juice of some sort. NO SODA! not even diet, u can lose about 15 pounds a year just by not drinking soda. also no fast food! if u want fast food just think about the food getting fried in pure fat, that doesn't sound appetizing does it?Hope i helped!!!!

hammer
Best of luck.....Screwing the first respondent is also an option......plenty of exercises!

maharg
Rating
Cut out the chips & replace with fruit. cycling would help reduce your "flabby mid section".

RozPot
Rating
please do not utilize any unhealthy options of losing your weight--could become a serious health issue

diets do not work--walk everywhere, as if you do not own a car--drink lots of water and juices--remove bread and cheese products from your intake

instead of those potato chips, try a healthy trail mix of some sort--raisins, sunflower seeds, walnuts, dried fruits--stores stock all kinds of healthy snack foods that will burn the fat just by eating regularly

drink grapefruit juice with every meal (actually burns off fat)--check for side affects if you are taking medications

try to regulate your meals--6 smaller meals a day is better for you than the standard 3 meals because you tend to over eat

just stop eating high caloric foods, i.e., ice cream, candy, cookies, cakes, etc.

YMCA is wonderful and they have a trained staff that will regulate you and cheer you on when you don't feel like it

also, vitamin supplements will improve your mood (try St. John's Wort, mood enhancer)

don't weigh yourself everyday--once a week is sufficient

don't be discouraged if at first you show a weight gain (muscle tissue forming)

walk--don't jog or run

in the beginning exercise lightly with assistance from a trainer on how to use the equipment properly and for how long--you don't want to over do it, become super sore and quit--stretch out those muscles

i lost over 40 pounds within 4 months--the healthy way

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy