Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

What is an easy way to stop smoking?

If i drink lots of water, regularly, will i get used to it and not go the toilet as much?

If someone starves themselves, not eating but drinking, how long is it before they start to lose weight?

Additional Details
I just want to add that this is a general question and I am not planning to do anything like this!...

I'm getting BIG!!!!i'm 32 y.o.,5'3'' in height and im beginning to gain weight...(130lbs)OH my GOD!
What would be the best exercise fo a married woman like me w/ 3 kids???im a 24/7 fulltime mom......

How to put on weight...?
Am naturally a size 8, but recently have had a lot on my mind for various reasons. I know i've lost a bit of weight, but now i'm a bit worried cos i can pull my size 6 trousers 2 inches ...

13 y.o girl wants to lose weight for the summer :] (PLEASE ANSWER!)?
i'm 13 years old & in 7th grade. i'm 5'2" and 106 lbs. i want to weigh about 100 lbs by june 19.

-i would like to know what type of foods i should eat [like for ...

Is my stomach fit enough to wear a bikini? [W. PICTURE]?
i'm not overweight (5'3½'' & 127lbs), and i posted a question earlier asking if overweight people should wear a bikini, and most said it depends on how overweight, and this ...

I HATE ALL OF THESE LOSERS...damn?
STOP ASKING ABOUT BUILDING HUGE MUSCLES AND STOP ASKING ABOUT QUICK RAPID FIRE RESULTS WITH NOTHN BUT MUSCLE MILK AND SHIZZ LIKE THAT... that stuff doesnt work anyway... just eat right and workout ...

Disgustingly fat?!?
hi, i'm female (a teenager), 5'0, and a whopping 100 lbs, which is DISGUSTING. i'm eating about 500 cals a day, but i end up going over if i'm with my mom and she makes me eat...i&...

Do i have to diet to get rid of my stomach?
i weigh 127 and want to get rid of my tummy and tighten up my butt and tone my upper legs do i have to diet as well as exercise. i never had a porblem with my weight. i usually eigh 110 but n ow i am ...

How do I gain 90 pounds in 6 months?

I need help..bad.?
i recently got out of atreatment center for bulimia...i was 102 pounds when i got in there. i barley ate anything. since i have been out i eat ungodly amounts of food and forthe past few days i have ...

Ive been exercising since january (the gym).. and i eat soooo Well why am i not losing weight?

I'm a boy of 17 ,,,,,,,,,very thin..............plz tell me how to gain weight......i dont want 2 eat non-veg.

Does chewing gum help you burn calories?

Am i anorexic? Please be serious about this.?
Okay. I stopped eating so mush in july. I used to eat snacks a 3 meals a day an i was fat ! I was 5-2 and weighed 130 pounds! over the summer i stopped eating so much. about 3 oreos a day.
I now ...

ANYONE KNOW OF A GOOD DIET PILL? that you or a friend has had results with?
ok. losing weight is impossible isnt it? can someone please give me some tips on losing weight. i just dont think excersizing and eating right will do it all. i might need some extra help. does ...

How can I lose ten pounds in a week?
I want to be 95 pounds by monday. I'm not sure how Im going to do it, got any advice or helpful ideas?
Im thirteen and im 4'9....

What are some good ways to loose weight?
I am a ballet dancer and i want to loose a few pounds for my upcoming show which is in casting right now & i want to get the lead role. I basically need a way to help put off some weight & ...

Is popcorn healthy?
One hundred calorie bags of popcorn that is... Is this healthy for me? I eat one bag every night as a snack. I heard that there were some reported cases of cancer in popcorn factories... I am asking ...

jess_ls04
Im dieting and have been getting less than 1,000 calories per day - is that healthy?
It isn't like I'm not eating food - I just am eating food without many calories or fat grams. My boyfriend keeps saying that my body is starving since I've only been eating 400-500 calories per day the past few days (and under 20 g of fat). I don't feel hungry though, because I HAVE BEEN EATING! Is he right?

rainbowdancer58
Rating
you need to eat more than that! 1000 calories is the bare minimum you need to function. your body NATURALLY will burn 800 calories or more just to function everyday (breathing walking, talking) ect. If you want to lose weight focus on WHAT kind of foods you eat versus the calorie amounts. You can also focus on the fat content as well. You defintiel need to eat more than 1000. Eat healthier and you should feel the difference without feeling exhausted or light headed.

Joy H
Rating
Unless you're a really teeny-tiny person already (in which case you shouldn't be dieting) this is too little food. Even if you don't actually feel hungry, your body will soon start using your muscle tissue instead of fat tissue to burn for calories. Also your body will go into starvation mode, conserve calories and it will be even harder to lose in the future if you ever get overweight again. Best to go just a hundred or two hundred calories per day below what you would need to maintain your current weight, and up your exercise a bit. Slow and steady is by far the safest and most effective way to get it off and keep it off without harming your health.

reasabelle7
Rating
Yes he is right! Your body needs to have at a minimum of 1500 calories a day! Calories aren't the culpret when you are trying to lose weight. You have to take in the least amount of carbohydrates as possible. Meat is pretty much a freeby, along with most all other proteins. I have just lost over 65 lbs. and I did it by just eating smaller portions of food, and trying to eat more vegetables than anything. Carbohydrates in food turn directly into sugar which turns into fat. Exercise, plenty of fluids, eat less and watch the carbs! Pounds will start pealing off quickly!! Oh yeah, stay away from pototoes, rice, pasta, breads and starches. These are really high in carbohydrates!

Good luck, and I hope this helps!!!

needhelp
i spent a week with no food i collapsed at the end ure gonna collapse watch out

Celtix343
Rating
You should get more calories, your body needs them to fight infections, function and tons of other stuff. I highly recommend you get over 1000 calories. IF you still wanna lose weight exercise and eat healthy, you can eat all the fruits and vegetable you want without fretting

admb
no- your body will go into starvation mode due to the lack of calories, then when you begin eating normally, you may gain back even more weight. 1200 calories is what is advised.

jcrummmmer47
Rating
Dear Jess,
I am assuming that your significant other is not a dietician or in anyway affiliated with the medical community.However,you may want to take what he's trying to get across with the feeling that there may be a sliver of accuracy within his observation.Although my own body is relatively proportionate to some of the guideline tables.I grew up in a household of two parents,and three siblings who,for the most part struggled with weight issues.What I say regarding this topic, may very well be things you've heard before.They also are good things to lay the groundwork for a healthy alternative to food consumption and your subsequent losing of pounds and inches.Firstly,do NOT start a crash course without consulting someone in the medical field specializing in dietary "do's and don'ts".If you subject your body to sudden drastic measures,chances are they may lead to more,sometimes serious consequences that unbeknownst to you can indeed take place.Many things have to be calibrated.Height,weight,physical condition,family history ie:Heart,Diabetes,Blood pressure and so forth.If there is a history of any of these traits,going it alone could prove catastrophic.The human body requires certain amounts of nutriants to be taken in to maintain it's healthy,natural,operation.Sudden omissions of these requirements,will unbalance natures way and will possibly place you in a unhealthy situation.Excercise: How active are you? This is another factor to take into consideration.If you do not get much or any at all,the calories you take in will not be used to their full advantage,and make the losing aspect of your quest, considerably slow and disheartening.If you overindulge,you can't say "Oh well,I just won't eat tomorrow" This is commonplace for many,and they soon also, are disheartened and many of them accept defeat,and surrender to the same urges they had before.A body lacking in it's requirements,can and often do experience distinct effects which usually are not favorable.Even dangerous.My advise in a nutshell will give you the best guide to your desired loss,and at the same time leave you fulfilled,food wise,and fulfilled healthwise.You can't just decide what to cut out of your diet,or how many intake calories that you've chosen, almost as if it were a favorite number you've pulled out of a hat.Medical advise (divulging your intentions) Getting a proven diet that includes aptly, the nutrition that YOUR body needs.Excercise (how much and how often) A thorough physical checkup (to detect any risks) Willpower,and support from friends and family.And lastly perseverance.At the onset,you'll be pleased to see the pounds you've shed so quickly.But I can tell you from the knowledge I've gained from watching my own family.There will be days,maybe even the odd week where you will lose nothing.This is where success or failure is in question.During these times you'll have to REMAIN STRONG, and grab on with both hands the willpower that only can come from within yourself.GOOD LUCK JESS!

charlie b
your boyfriend is right and wrong at the same time. he is right about you not getting enough claories but he is wrong about your body starving. as long as you dont burn off all the calories you take in plus more

Ray Ray
Rating
You should probably be eating more calories per day. Try eating more calories, but cutting back on the carbs. Eat mostly meat and vegetables. And try eating a small meal about 5 times a day. That will keep your metabolism up.

justheretohelpwhenwecan
Rating
400-500 calories a day is pretty meager...what you require depends on quite a few factors, primarily: age, activity, body metabolism, and so on...

i wouldn't focus too much on the calorie counting, as i've always considered this to be a little incorrect when dieting - be more concerned on the quality of the food you eat - 400-500 calories is not nearly enough to provide your body with enough vitamins, iron, fiber, sodium (yes, you NEED sodium), protein, calcium and a host of other fundamental requirements....even fat, your body needs a certain amount of certain kinds of fats.

as this is borderline VERY UNHEALTHY, I highly recommend to either consult a nutritionist or at least a physician as to the best way you should approach your dieting...

one last thing...you should never forget that the most important part of any effective diet is exercise.

i would heed your boyfriend's advice and eat more, otherwise there could be some serious complications down the road.

hope this helps

BLACK PEARL
Rating
Your daily calori intake should be less than 1500 to maintain ur weight. Anythng less than. you be able to lose the xtrs weight. However. by not eating ur damaging ur lean tissue.
And u r not giving ur body the propler nutrition. Make sure u take the vitamin supplements and try to fit gym in to ur daily life.

Summerlynn
Rating
No that is not healthy at all! Once you lose the weight than you will probably go back to your normal calorie intake and then you will cause health problems.

Chelly!
NO!

the least amount of calories you should consume when dieting... or ever is 1400. Your body will shut down otherwise, and weight gain is almost inevitable when you eat normally.

spanishorses4me
Your b/f is rite your suppose to have 1500 cal a day.Its a slow weight loss but your body wont be in shock thinking its starving.

Daniel P
Rating
yes , for the most part. The reason why your not hungry is because your stomach has shrunk in size, therefore you don't have as big of an appetite as you once did.

This is I believe not a healthy way to diet, females should on average get 2300-2500 calories and males 2800-3000! I took a health class and those were the facts.

I've lost 30 pounds in less than two years just from jogging 3-4 times a week, eating less foods that are high in fat and by drinking plenty of water. I am at university now so I usually go to the athletic centre 3-4 times a week to jog on the track/machines and also work out my muscles, you can do this too, what your doing to your body right now is to dangerous for you and your body please stop!

cheers :)

Michael B
Rating
You really should not go under 1000 calories and if you are working out it should be about 1500 at the least

?
Rating
IF your body is getting the nutriants you need you should be fine loosing the weight. However, when you go to eat normal again the weight will come back because your body is used to only metabolising 400 to 500 calories a day.
Just something to keep in mind. Aslo it's really hard to get all the nutriants your body needs with a calorie intake that low. Please be careful!

emt_23387
Rating
You can do that for awhile but over a longer period of time your body will have no calories left to burn. You burn more than 500 calories a day just buy walking around and doing everday activites. You will loose just as much weight by eating 1000 or 1500 calories a day.

vinnymacz
Rating
its only unhealthy if youre using more calories than you need. personally i think thats way too low of an intake, but it also depends on your day to day activities. if you are uneasy about this, see a nutritionist who can determine what your body needs. in my opinion, eat at least 2000 calories of the healthy food youve been eating to get the necessary vitamins, minerals and proteins to function.

delyghtful
Rating
Ask the doctor about that ....the one you went to for advice before you began such a diet. You did go to a doctor first, right?

MARiE BELLA
He is totally right. Your body needs at least 600 calories per day just so your brain can function correctly. 400-500 isn't enough. I hope you are at least taking some multi-vitamins so your body knows that you are not starving yourself to death. You should be eating anywhere from 1,200-1,500 if you are dieting so kick it up a knotch on the calories and eat lean meats (fish, chicken, trukey) to get the protien you need for energy.

woody
most sites say no less than 1200 calories per day for a women. 400-500 seems way too low and dangerous

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy