Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Where are triceps ?
are your triceps muscle just above your elbow?
Additional Details
is it like just above elbow or just a way up? thanks :)...

Do you think it's weird if someone walks on the treamill with their eyes closed?
Because I do, and I feel so silly.
:)...

Why is soda bad for your body?
not diet soda... just regular. i heard one time that it damages your brain cells. is this true? and what are the other effects of drinking to much?...

I need to lose 40 pounds in 3 months ?
what a fast way before basic training?
Additional Details
its to go into the army please help ...

Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich everyday?
Is it healthy if I ate Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich everyday for breakfast AND lunch (with a cup of milk)? It's quick, easy, cheap, and good.

I use Smucker's Goober S...

I want to lose about 5 to9 pounds and I am considering fasting. Is that safe?
I am not overweight but I am dangerously close for my height. I want to stay healthy....

Some fun facts about breakfast tht i can say in a presentation?
I have to motivate people to eat ...

I am 5'5'' and i weigh 102 pounds is that over weight?

I need to lose weight fast!! Can someone tell me something that works?
I need help and advice how to lose about 15 to 20 pounds in 30 days and i am 130lb. ...

Can anorexia effect my body?
i dont want to hurt my body, but i think this might be a last resort. i know this might make me unhealthy but it is the only way i can think of to lose weight. HELP!...

When on a serious diet, what are the best liquids to drink everyday? And which vitamins?

How can i lose some weight fast?
I have a big dance coming up, and i want to look nice. So i need to lose some weight, ive changed my diet and started working out more but nothing has happened. Any suggestions?...

Is lemonade Healthy Or Not?

Is a womens size 12 fat?
i have just asked this girl out not long ago..and all she keeps saying is shes fat.she a size 12 and would like to be a 10..but i keep telling her she not fat...

so could you please tell ...

How to loose weight without exercise and dieting?

Should I do situps?
I am fat. I am 30 pounds overweight and most of my fat is on my belly. If I do situps will it just make my fat pop out more. I just started going to the gym 3 days ago and I have been doing the step ...

How do I get motivated to go running?
Last year I ran or walk every day, and really enjoyed it. For 2 months now I haven't done anything....

My friend is huge, i call her cake, and fatty is this wrong ???

Will slim fast be effective if you just drink 1 can a week?
and exercise
by running 45 mins 5 times a week?...

They say to eat every two hrs .....is that a good thing to try?

Princess
How do i help my Mum lose weight?
I'm really worried about my mum, she has been overweight all my life and i really want to help her. i've asked her to find out tell me how much she weighs but she won't do that because she doesn't want to know. we only just recently lost my grandma (her MUM) at age 63, due to something that could have been prevented by healthy eating etc, and i really don't want to lose my mum that early (she's 46 now) coz i'd really be lost without her, but she just doesn't seem to care. also she and my dad have only just moved to QLD so it makes it hard to do the stuff we used to do like walk around the block or play tennis or whatever. i just need something to help her see that i'm only doing this because i care!
sorry for the length of this but i'm really lost
thanks in advance
Additional Details
Thanks so far everyone, but for those suggesting going to the gym together etc, we live approx 1000 kms (10-12hrs) away from each other in different states so not really applicable. thanks anyway :)

Legandivori
get her to have her jaws wired. It really works.

Joyce k
you could tell her to excircise

moonchild
chain the refrigerator closed at night

Richyrich
Rating
Maybe she'll get depressed because her mother died and quit eating.

shy girl
encourage her and go to the gym with her!

fitman
You can show her the movie "Supersize Me".

Beyond that, you cannot make that decision for her.

jey y
Rating
1 Reduce fat intake: a) Eat low-fat versions of fish, meat, beef, chicken, turkey and other food items. b) Remove all traces of fat from your food. c) Reduce use of oil, margarine or butter while cooking. d) Use very little fat to smear your frying pan.

2 Reduce intake of sugar: a) Decrease your consumption of white sugar, white flour and potatoes. b) Add less sugar to your food. If possible, replace sugar with sugar-free sweeteners. c) Eat less quantity of bread, peas and beans. If possible, eat bread prepared from corn.

http://www.obesity-cure-tips.com/category/How-to-Reduce-Weight-Quickly.html

REALLY
Rating
make a schedule for the both of you and come in slip your shoes on and go. expect the same from her.

swan_jun_g3
Rating
Ultimately she has to lose weight because SHE wants to. NOTHING you can do will help her lose weight - except to support her when she does decided it's necessary. You said that " coz i'd really be lost without her". Is this for you or for her ? (not trying to be mean)

addict for dramatic
Rating
Tell her that her mom dying could be something genetic because, truthfully, it may be. I'm sorry but, call me retarded, but I don't know what QLD stand for, but wherever that is, there's probably an atheletic center or recreation center. If you haven't told her that your worried, try telling her that. Also you could just try looking something up on a healthy life style on the internet and the disadvantages of not having one with her. Just tell her that you really care about her alot and don't want to lose her. I know how you feel except my mom wants to lose weight and cares.

Smiley
Rating
Clean the house out and get rid all of the bad food- replace them with yummy fruits like mangos and cherries and watermelon. Replace her fattening drinks with green tea, water, and coffee. Make sure she takes her vitamins.

Shaine
aid her by dieting and exerciseing your self she will eventually join u and u can both loss weight(i dont know if ur fat) or maintain a good figure....worked for me

THe questioneer
jog with her and also my mom lost 8 pounds in two weeks by not eating fast food, drank less soda, made healthyer choises, and ate lots of carrots.

Bauz
Rating
tell her that you would like to work out with her so that you both can get into shape and spend time with her. This will get her to lose weight, make you too cloers by talking and may even help sculpt your body if you want to. i did this with my mom and we both lost over twenty pounds. plus we talk alot more now. Oh and yea I am a momas boy.

pintobns
Rating
The best thing you can do is support her.

Do get out and walk with her.
Do encourage her to work out some, even if just w/a 30 minute program on the tele.

Don't ask to eat out.
Don't ask for junk food for the house and encourage her not to buy them for herself.
Don't ask for fried food or high carb food (potatoes, pasta, corn, peas, etc.).

These are little things, but will take some work on both your parts. It can be done. It will come off slowly, but if she wants it to and works at it, it will come off.

Best wishes

?
Rating
If you're old enough to drive, do the grocery shopping yourself. If not, ask her to pick up some stuff so you can cook some meals for the two of you to share. Make low fat recipes that are full of vitamins and nutrients. If you need any, email me and I'll send some your way. Ask her to join you for a walk around the block. And if nothing works, tell her your concerns. Tell her that you love her and you want her around for a long time because you need her. Good luck!

Imme
Rating
Show her this yahoo question. Show her how much you care about her health and life. Show her that she has people who love her. Tell her that it's fine if she doesn't lose weight, but you don't want her to die soon.
Note: Sometimes, people might get a little defensive when others ask them to lose weight. They'll feel self-conscious and you certainly don't want that for your mother. Perhaps you want her to lose weight, but you would want her to love herself more.

pablo_asawa
Rating
my mom lost her mom when gramma was only 59..but my mom was heavy too..she lost 70 pounds and kept her weight off and lived to be 79..so I think your mom needs your encouragement but don't nag her as she is an adult..but you are a good child to care for the health of your mother.

Lyn
Rating
Firstly your mum needs to make a commitment to healthy diet and exercise. Losing weight isn't easy, and she's the only one that can make this decision. Perhaps it's time you have an honest conversation with your mother and express your concerns. Have some objective and be understanding. The last thing you want is for her to get defensive.

Smeather
Rating
Ok, this might sound really cheesy, but it's the only thought that popped into my cobweb-infested brain. Do you think it would work if you told her that at a certain time on certain days you were going to go walking and it would be cool if she went walking too? That way you could "be together" even though you weren't really together.

UNIQUE
Rating
I UNDERSTAND YOU REALLY LOVE YOUR MOM!!!! SO TRY TO MOTIVATE HER.RIGHT A LETTER TO HER WITH ALL YOUR FILINGS FOR HER,ASKING HER TO NEVER LIVE YOU AND TELL HER THAT YOU TOGETHER WILL DO HER FIRST STEP TO A NEW LIFE,AND LIVE THE LETTER NEXT TO HER PILLOW,SO SHE CAN FIND IT IN THE MORNING!!!!!!! NEW DAY-NEW LIFE!!! GOOD LUCK BABY DOLL!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy