Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Should i tell my mother about my bulimia?
i've been bulimic for 4 years now. but sometimes i get better but it always comes back. i haven't purged in 2 weeks now and i think i'm getting better. but still i know i'm not ...

Can parents be particularly detrimental to your mental health?
how damaging can these things called 'parents' be? I remember a red dwarf episode in which people from the future finally proved that all our hang ups and neurosis were caused by our ...

Does anyone know any good anxiety/depression meds that really work? I'm on prozac and it don't work very well.

Please Help I have Anxiety and Panic Attacks everysingle day, it's destroying my entire life, what can I do???
I have been suffering from Anxiety and Socail Disorder for many Years now, I tried allot of thing to overcome it, but nothing worked. I have never taken medication for it because I am to afraid to ...

ABSOLUTLEY URGENT! PLEASE HELP, im really down and i feel like ending it, i beg you to help please?
i just lost my grandma, i have no family and fake friends. i feel i look terrible
http://photos-d.ak.faceb i have a ...

How do I get around to telling my mom that I am suicidal?

Additional Details
I've been suicidal for 5 or 6 ...

Do you think emos need metal help??
the ones who cut and hurt them selfs...
plz i wana know if my friend will get over this or if i should take action....

Is suicide the biggest sin?
just wondering will you go to hell for it
Additional Details
i'm bathist (i can't spell good)...

Need Answers !!?
I'm really close to this teacher in my school, I could trust her wth anything. She's helping me quit self harming, but I'm worried that it's putting her job at risk cause I know ...

What do you do to help relieve stress?
im always stress.. so can u guys give me an idea how u relieve it?...

How to not be gay???
Please help! And please don't just tell me to accept myself because ive tried,i cant and i wont,i cant be this way and need as much advice as possible. And if this is any help,im 14 and i dont ...

What do you do to help with stress?

Is this Normal thinking for a teen?
I know how dramatic this sounds but I feel as though no one understands me. I mean..for a teenager I'm very emotional and think about things in depth so much more then others and no one seems to ...

I am dying.?
I just hyperventilated and felt like i was dying...i could see the light....I'm dying inside and no one cares. Is this normal?
Additional Details
I just feel like giving up and ...

I dont want to grow up :(?
i feel like i haven thad a childhood and i was stripped opf my innocence at a very young age. now that i'm 19 and found someone who is like the mom i always wanted - just someone who would love ...

Can i get SSI checks for mental issues?
I'm 17 years old and I'm in Austin,Texas. I live with my 19 year old cousin, I was kicked out the house shortly after my 17th birthday, so I moved from Mississippi to Texas. I have a few ...

Depression....?
I'm a 17 years old girl. I really don't know what to do anymore, I can't seem to do anything right. I have a few friends, I also have horrible grades. I'm failing almost all of ...

I hate myself?
What should I do?...

How to be able to forgive yourself, especially when others won't? PSYCHOLOGICAL ONLY, NO RELIGION PLEASE!!!!!
I have some friends who came from abusive households, and had to endure abuse throughout their growing up years and carried it out throughout, social and work life, unfortunately such people are not ...

Pop G
Used to have excellent memory but now just forget stuff easily what should i do?

zeusifer1973
Rating
stop smoking pot?

~~~
Rating
Your "critical period" is probably passing. The average person reaches their memory's peak in their 20s.

jenn4chrisphillips
well, it would depend on your age...if you are older, such as 60+, you may need to see a doc about beginning stages of alheizmers or dementia. if you are younger...there are home remedies (check online or with your doctor) and there are over-the-counter medicines that can help. i am 25, and with all the stress i am under, i have increasingly began to forget things. it happens. go to a nutritional store and ask them, they have supplements that can improve memory...good luck.

sunnyj
There are so many activities that you can involve to boost your memory. Out of them meditation is considered the best. For more details refer this article:

http://ririanproject.com/2007/10/04/22-research-proven-tips-for-better-memory/

me
Rating
lol to the guy above me ... um....I have to write everything down...the more muscles you use when you're trying to remember something the more likely you are to remember it. Say, you're studying and you read something, you'd be more likely to remember it if you read it outloud, or even more likely if you read it, read it outloud, then write it down.

plus you'd have it written down...so you could read it later if you forget anyway.

John H
Rating
keep a small notebook handy and a pen. start writing things down and remember to look at the notes.

ziggy_brat
Rating
See your doctor there may be a reason for it.

urfunny
I'd tell ya, but you wouldn't remember anyway.

Blood Makes Noise
Rating
>> Ginko & Fish Oil are supposed to help with improving memory. Try some crosswords/brainteasers ~ the brain/mind is like a muscle ~ The more challenges we give it, the stronger it will be. Maybe a doctors checkup may help also.
Ciao!

Amy F
I'm the same way youv just got to wright stuff down get a calender or see a doc:P

natalie
well, i think the easiest thing to do is play a lots of memory games! nerdy. but helps :-D oh and i also read once that you should eat a lot of almonds...works try it!

avriluvk
happening to me alot lately also..dunno wats up n wats happeniing..when im talking to sumone, i wud forget what im talking in mid-sentence.am tooo scared to consult any docs!

bigleybill
I have the perfect answer for you.......but I forgot it.

marshfield_meme
Rating
Play lots of word games and number games. Talk to your doc to make sure there is no problem there.

Jacks036
Rating
Be able to laugh about it like I do. No sense in worrying about something you probably can't control.

gonecrzy70
try getting more sleep and drink more water.. I will help..

Ralphie
Rating
write stuff down in a little notebook.

Theresa C
Normal aging and memory loss
Normal age-related memory loss doesn't prevent you from living a full and productive life. You just need more time to remember a name or the task you had set out to do. You're aware that you're forgetful and may even joke about it.

People with memory loss due to something other than normal aging, such as Alzheimer's disease, may feel that something's not quite right, but they're unable to pinpoint what's bothering them. Rather than call attention to a memory lapse, they may behave as if everything is fine.

Alzheimer's disease and memory loss
Memory loss associated with Alzheimer's gets worse over time, but it certainly is not the only symptom of the disease. Some of the earliest signs and symptoms of Alzheimer's disease include:

Asking the same questions repeatedly
Difficulty remembering common words when speaking
Mixing words up — saying "bed" instead of "table," for example
Being unable to complete familiar tasks, such as following a recipe
Misplacing items in inappropriate places, such as putting a wallet in the refrigerator
Getting lost while driving on familiar streets
Undergoing sudden changes in mood or behavior for no apparent reason
Becoming less able to follow directions
Reversible causes of memory loss
Many other medical problems cause symptoms similar to Alzheimer's. That's why it's so important to consult a doctor if you've noticed memory lapses or uncharacteristic mood swings in yourself or in someone close to you. The problem may be a potentially reversible illness, such as depression, a metabolic disorder such as hypothyroidism, a reaction to a drug, or a vitamin deficiency

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy