Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

What is your phobia?
whats your phobia and how severe is it for you?...

Why do you think I feel sad?
I don't seem to have that social able quality that others seem to have and as a result I often feel lonley and unwanted. I dunno when even with my companions I don't know what to say and ...

Suicide??????
I was just wondering if everyone (at some point in their life), do they have thoughts of..ya know..suicide? Or is it not common (like with teens)?...

What is the best way to spook yourself (without a scary movie)?
Sometimes being scared is just something I need every now and then. I have been getting too much of humor and boredom lately. Nothing that will get myself killed please.
Additional Details<...

Have you ever experience extreme anxiety, stress, and severe depression all at the same time?
How bad had it gotten. How did you deal with it....

Prayers Needed Please?
Hi Guys:

I am going to need your support the next few weeks or more. I want to ask you all to please say prayers or talk to your higher power for Allen as he had an accident yesterday. He ...

My Mom's boyfriend Herb says my dreams of becoming an Astronaut are silly. How should I react?
He says I have only wanted to become an Astronaut since I learned that they get to wear diapers during takeoff and re-entry. He seems to have influenced my mom because she says it 'isn't ...

Is it okay when my boyfriend controls my life?

Why do I feel so down?
Latly I have been feeling very down. I have been very tired in the day and very awake at night. I have been crying and I don't even know why. Can any of you tell me why I have been feeling down ...

Calling all addicts!! when your are........?
away from yahooanswers....do you STILL think about it???
like ya can't wait to get back on it?????...

One minute I'm sad and crying in my bed in the dark, and the next minute I'm happy and working out and stuff.
Could I be bi-polar?...

How can i get over sucidal thought's...The more that i fight depression..?
the more my depression worsen's and more sucide sounds like heaven to me..I don't know what to do and i don't know how to be really truley happy...Real smiles and lauph's not fake ...

Cure for anxiety?
I have to do some public speaking next week anyone know any of anything that will help.
Additional Details
anything OTHER than drugs?...

Whats the point in life?
i just dont get it..we work and love..then just die..just die and its all over..and ur gone forever...i just dont get it..i never wanna die im 18 and im starting to know now that we really die..i ...

What can I do when the GP just recomends self help?
I am depressed. I have a stressful job, managing staff as well as the public, and I feel as though everything I do away from work is a mess. I live with my boyfriend of over 3yrs, and I consider our ...

I truely need help, I'm feeling so suicidal?
My mind is really messed up at the moment,Im so depressed, I feel like there is no point in me living another day,Im 19 n have been feeling this way for a very long time now - previously on here ...

Is looking at the toilet paper after you wipe normal?

Anyone have a good way of releasing anger?
i get mad often and i would like to be able to release it ...

When does a Pyschiatrist think you should be placed in a mental hospital?
If someone is told they have signs of psychosis, a mood effective disorder and obsessive compulsions then gets placed on antipsychotics, the person still goes out and drinks on a night out whilst on ...

Someone please exsplain this to me?
does anyone relate to this situation that i am in...i am living with my boyfriend who has bi-polar a couple of yrs ago he decided to quit taking his meds cause he said it was a joke...sometimes he is ...

Roonil_Waslib
I'm literally addicted to Harry Potter. How do I stop this obsession without forgetting the series completely?
I feel anxious when I am not doing something that has to do with Harry Potter and once I almost puked.

BigUp D
Rating
I suggest you stop it cold turkey. Don't have anything to do with it. It's good that you recognize that it is an addiction; that's the first part of the battle.

Take it from someone who knows. Harry Potter is no good for your psyche.

theskanky
Rating
are you being serious!!!!!! (or should that be sirius?)
this sounds a bit tongue in cheek if u ask me.
although there are lots of fans out there....

harps
hahahahaha same!!!
weird aye
but i tried other books
and it got my mind off them a little bit
but you know, i still read harry potter AT LEAST once a week

agsrock
wow! i have finally met some1 that is as much addicted to hp as i am!!
well actually i'm not that bad...

kk. well first of all you must spend a lot of time not thinkin bout hp. like in order to have written in this question--you must hav an e-mail. so do you e-mail often? if not you should start e-mailing more often.
try going outside. play with your friends more often.
watch different movies or diff read books--i suggest peak (its really good!) and other books by him (i cant remember his name-srry!)
hope all goes well!!

estelle
try reading other books or watching tv

dance, exercise

Σιγεψψηο169
Rating
read other books and keep getting further away from Harry Potter

Ricky666
get obssesed with something else..........

Nutumi N
Rating
Wow...
I kind of was having anxiety over how one day it would end and soon become just a piece of movie history...
I don't mind talking about it even after it's all gone. Well I can suggest looking up fan fictions which may help.
I must say harrypotter fan fiction site is good and so is fanfiction.net. I've done a search for you with variety of websites and stories for you. Hope this helps.

milyfaz
Rating
give it some time, your obsession will burn it self out. if not see a shrink. i was obsessed with hp for like a year. I couldn't stop reading fanfiction, now not so much

starryangel05
woah. first I have to say...good job on being an insane hp fan like myself:) second....as far as controlling this obsession, you could always reread the series over again from book 1 and go up to 7. or you could focus your attention on something else you enjoy for awhile. That's what I'm doing. I'm pretty obsessed with hp as well, and after I finished reading the 7th book, I cried on and off for about 2 weeks. but I started focusing on my other huge passions to make up for my hp emptiness. and after concentrating on some of my other interests, if I get the urge, I'll watch one of the movies. you can always read some good fanfics (or if you're good at writing, you could always create your own fanfic). Whatever works best for you.

Lyrical Dancer
Rating
Ha ha I was like that.

What I did was I read the series so many times I started getting tired of Harry Potter. (I read the series 8 times)
But I still like Harry Potter and the series very much, I'm just not as obssessed with it as I used to be.
If that doesn't work, register on this forum, people on it feel the same way as you do!
http://harrypotterforum.forumotion.com/

Hope I helped,

DD

Mr.Perera
Rating
Spend more of your time on Answers. Yes!! That's it !!

KoolKavi
I am so totally like you. I can not do anything but read harry potter books. What I do though is try to read books that are like harry potter.

Did you know that a book called son of harry is going to come out? I can't wait
And i am not lying about the son of harry thing.

cecilia a
I have tried almost EVERYTHING possible. NOTHING works. I reied a few months ago to NOT talk about harry potter and i ran out of things to say while talking to my friends.

jrdec174
Listen to pottercast. you can download it on the itunes music store for free. it's really entertaining and funny. that way you can carry harry potter around with you wherever you good with having the books on hand. also check out this website http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/

Shaggy <3
Rating
OK, well i'm guessing your serious
Maybe you should see a therapist, or you could get a new hobby ? something that DOESNT involve harry potter

Quiet Girl L
Rating
Okay I had the same problem as you. Harry Potter is AMAZING, but not the only thing in life. The thing that helped me is reading a book called Twilight, by Stephanie Meyers. I dont know if you've heard of it, but read that series. I know it sounds bad but it's AMAZING. The movie's coming out 12.12.08 and the new book is coming out 8/2/08 !! Believe me, if you haven't already read it, you'll LOVE it!

Brooke
Rating
maybe start reading other books to get your mind off it or things that don't have to do with it.

Samme
Rating
That seems a little extreme, but I dont think it is unusual that you are obsessed. Lots of people are. I cried after I read the seventh book because i was so sad that the series was over!

smiley_riley1996
Rating
I know exacally what you mean. I was obsessed to. All I did was I find a new book to read and when ever I think about Harry Potter I pick up my book and read. It really works because now I hardly ever think about Harry Potter and I can finally get a life that doesen't involve wizards and magic.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy