Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Whats the point in life?
i just dont get it..we work and love..then just die..just die and its all over..and ur gone forever...i just dont get it..i never wanna die im 18 and im starting to know now that we really die..i ...

What can I do when the GP just recomends self help?
I am depressed. I have a stressful job, managing staff as well as the public, and I feel as though everything I do away from work is a mess. I live with my boyfriend of over 3yrs, and I consider our ...

I truely need help, I'm feeling so suicidal?
My mind is really messed up at the moment,Im so depressed, I feel like there is no point in me living another day,Im 19 n have been feeling this way for a very long time now - previously on here ...

Is looking at the toilet paper after you wipe normal?

Anyone have a good way of releasing anger?
i get mad often and i would like to be able to release it ...

When does a Pyschiatrist think you should be placed in a mental hospital?
If someone is told they have signs of psychosis, a mood effective disorder and obsessive compulsions then gets placed on antipsychotics, the person still goes out and drinks on a night out whilst on ...

Someone please exsplain this to me?
does anyone relate to this situation that i am in...i am living with my boyfriend who has bi-polar a couple of yrs ago he decided to quit taking his meds cause he said it was a joke...sometimes he is ...

Am I Emo? I Have To Know!?
I think of suicide a lot. I would never attempt it though. I get depressed EASILY! I get sooooo mad soooooo fast. Most people annoy me. I am usually just never happy. I DONT cut myself. I listen to ...

Are there people out there that really hurt themselves???
I don't get it!!! Help me understand why they do it!!! I'am serious!!...

Why do I cry almost every night? It is because of my bad childhood experience. Do you guys think I am crazy?

What should I have done about a Dr who keeps phoning me at home?
I started seeing a Consultant Psychiatrist about 2 months ago for an eating disorder. By the second session he was discussing aspects of his own life such as the fact he is studying for a Masters ...

Why i see black things fly around all times???Please I need a help.?
I have beeing seeing these stuff more obvious about 3 months.
There every where...they have different shapes such as circle and squre sometimes it's like zigzag. Inside there are small ...

I like to self-harm. Is it so weird?

Antidepressants??
Hi,
I'm 25 and have found myself to be very depressed lately. I'm going through a divorce, ect. I have tried Paxil and Lexapro, and both make me very sick to my stomach, which I ...

How do you know when your anti-depressants start to work?
They say it takes around three weeks for it to kick in. Is there a sudden change when it does? How does it feel, not to be depressed anymore??...

Any advice for the partner of someone diagnosed with Manic Depression?
Our relationship is longstanding and I don't want to be scared off!!! I need to understand more how this thing works and just how supportive I can be. Is he better ignored when in a depressive ...

Would it destroy you and send you under if you lost all your material posessions? or would you survive it?
i think it would totally destroy me....my soul would be crushed and my house of cards would come falling down....i dont own many material posessions, hardly any cept a computer, but if i lost that, i ...

How do people get bipolar?
Was they born with it or something, I been hearing people getting it when they where a kid or something. How do people get bipolar disorder....

Im negative?
Im negative about myself is that a bad thing??
Additional Details
Everyone puts me down y not just do it to myself??...

How can i put myself to sleep without feeling tired?
i hate to take medicine to help me sleep. i have alot on my mind. i am a ...

Nicole
Suicide??????
I was just wondering if everyone (at some point in their life), do they have thoughts of..ya know..suicide? Or is it not common (like with teens)?

Jimmy
Rating
NOPE! Life is so precious, why would you want to test it?

Philip L
I think everyone thinks about it as an option at some point or another, but if they are considering actually doing it then they need to find help from a family member, close friend, counselor, or doctor ASAP.

matildarose0307
Rating
yes i do believe that everyone at some point thinks or contimplates suicide including me. Look at all the celebs who have tried

Brooke
I think it's pretty normal to have thoughts about it. I know I do. However if it moves from thoughts to plans, then please ask for help.

jolin
Rating
Yes, most people may suffer from suicidal thoughts when they are feeling really depressed at a point of time. Although many usually do not attempt to do suiciding in real cases :)

Sammy
Rating
I am a teenager amd i hav also thought of suicide. what i do to try to put that feeling away is that i think of all of the world that i havent seen and i wouldnt want to go through life without seeing very cool places. trust me- suicide is not a good idea.

Carole D
Rating
I think that at one time or another most people do consider suicide-- for my college thesis I did mine on suicide--talk about a lot of work..but... the one thing that has always haunted me is that suicide is a permanent solution for a temporary problem

bored!
Rating
its normal

are you ok

if you fell like suicidal or anything let someone know
like i said its normal so no one will judge you
its to hard to handle alone
really

First Lady
Rating
A lot of people have thoughts at some point or another, but most do not attempt it. It is probably most common in the teenage years followed by the elderly.

Nymphetamine~girl
Im 13 and ive had alot of thoughts of suicide so. It is common in teens, you know the harmones in the body is changing and stuff so.

ron c
i feel like that quite often not actually planning it but thoughts that I'd be better off dead. i don't listen to this things

asgapollo
'i think,therefor i am.'

Victor
Rating
Unfortunetly, I believe with everything this society forces upon us.. all the brain polution and advertising, and social problems and chemicals and fats and everything negative that affects us that pours out of this crap society.

Its not abnormal for us to think of these things..

Bobbie D
Rating
Everyone has thoughts of suicide as a teen. Even those pretty little girls that all the guys love and they are good at every sport and they have the perfect body and are really liked by everyone and everyone wants to be them. I know that for a fact! I hope you know that it will pass and things will get better. We all feel like high school is the world and theres nothing past it but it does get much easier when you have your own family and they think you're better than any other person in the world. Then you help your kids when they feel that way. Try to talk to someone. I'm here if you just need someone to listen or to just dump everything on. If you don't talk to me, tell someone. Sometimes we feel better when we tell somebody. And don't feel ashamed. We all feel that way! I promise!

harrishcl
Rating
suicide is normal mental illness ,, caused by living lonely most of the time, in the home and outside .
other main reasons. are
-lack of social gathering .
-lack of excercise
-talk less
-no friends
and in the last dont think . ur the greatest / human on the planet ..

After doing all this .. u hate the word SUICIDE ..
trust ME

Cassie
Rating
I think every one thinks of suicide at one point in time.Hopefully the thought is fleeting .some folks with true mental illness make attempts or hears voices telling them to do it . others just have bad times in their lives and the thougth pops up .I thinks its normal to consider it as long as you soon come to realize its a permanent solution to a temporary problem

Gman
Cant say i have.

ஐK.A.Pஐ
I'm a teen, & ya i have had thoughts of suicide before

ace
Rating
I have and I still do.

Fire
Most people, at one point of time or another, will have thoughts about suicide. The difference is the nature of these thoughts. Some people simply contemplate the tragic waste of it, others feel sorry for those who have lost people to it, and others just ponder it in general. It is very normal to experience thoughts of suicide, it is just unhealthy to be contemplating committing suicide – for obvious reasons. The main measure, is to judge how severe these thoughts are. Are you feeling compelled to kill yourself? Will anything stop you? Do you believe that there is nothing left to live for? Do you think it is a brave option? Etc. These are the types of questions I ask clients who come to me concerned because of such thoughts. If you do feel compelled, if you think it's inevitable and that you have nothing left, and that it is a brave option, then it's not normal or healthy. In such instances, it is important to seek guidance. If you're really concerned, speak with your parents, school counselors and teachers and, untimely, psychologists.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy