Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Any advice for the partner of someone diagnosed with Manic Depression?
Our relationship is longstanding and I don't want to be scared off!!! I need to understand more how this thing works and just how supportive I can be. Is he better ignored when in a depressive ...

Would it destroy you and send you under if you lost all your material posessions? or would you survive it?
i think it would totally destroy me....my soul would be crushed and my house of cards would come falling down....i dont own many material posessions, hardly any cept a computer, but if i lost that, i ...

How do people get bipolar?
Was they born with it or something, I been hearing people getting it when they where a kid or something. How do people get bipolar disorder....

Im negative?
Im negative about myself is that a bad thing??
Additional Details
Everyone puts me down y not just do it to myself??...

How can i put myself to sleep without feeling tired?
i hate to take medicine to help me sleep. i have alot on my mind. i am a ...

How long does it take to get over death?
my grandfather died 8 days ago. he was 90 and had alzheimers so it wasn't unexpected. he was the first person i've ever known to die and i had a really hard time for the first few days and ...

Do you think Depression gives you a kick in the @rse to do more in life?

Can worry turn into Depression??
Can worrying turn into Depression? I some time worry a lot and some times way to much about things that i do not need to worry about .. can that turn into Depression?...

I found my boyfriends bottle of...................?
i found a bottle of Paxil in my boyfriends cabinet. What should i do? Should i confront him about it?...

Why live when we feel so much pain and suffering?

How do i avoid sleep?
i want to study but i feel very sleepy.as soon as i come from college i feel very ...

Depression?
i have depression, im doing all the right steps etc, the thing is i keep isolating myself, i dont wanna go out with my mates and just have a laugh, i cant find the motavation to do it? its upsetting ...

Can depression??
Two quick questions about depression!

1) Does being depressed make you more irritable towards others and your response when others approach you??

2) Depression - I know it can ...

Suicidal!!!?
I am feeling really suicidal tonight and I am seriously about to kill myself but I don't know why! Here's what's going on. I was in a psych hospital for 2 weeks and they really helped ...

I think I am going insane?
I used to have thoughts of suicide alot, but I dont really anymore. Now my attention is turned towards other people. I dont know what im thinking anymore.

Everytime im in school (im 16) I ...

This may sound stupid but....?
what is so wrong with wanting to die?
we never asked to be born into this world, so why are we always expected to enjoy it and want to live?...

I need help?
today im at an all time LOW! i posted on here the other day, i then went to a doctor who gave me some sleeping tablets coz i hadnt been depressed long enough even though its been 4 months! anyway my ...

Trying not to harm myself..[cut]?

i have a bad temptation to cut myself..
but i have been just scratching myself..
where i would cut.. is this bad?

i also snap.....

Are you LIVING or merely EXISTING?
I know I'm just existing right now, my life is meaningless, I have no purpose. What about you?
Additional Details
I'm 26 but had mental problems ever since I was 12. They'...

I am so depressed can anyone help?
I have suffered depression all my life and now at 32yrs I feel I jus can't cope anymore. I have no confidence left, continually anxious and so confused. I have never liked conflict and I let ...

jimmy krumpets
Anyone have a good way of releasing anger?
i get mad often and i would like to be able to release it properly

J A
Rating
i just bottle it all up. and when something REALLY finally sets me off, i get so angry i just cry hysterically in private at home, or if it's bursts of extreme anger, i punch walls and doors.

jacko
See anger management at http://www.ezy-build.net.nz/~shaneris on page 4.

strangestorm_0001
take a walk and observe those people around you. try to look on how thet deal with different situations that comes to their lives.

Joseph
Rating
The best way is to deal with the problem directly, Sometimes you just got to kick some ***. If we did not have anger we would be pushed around and no one likes that.

mother_amethyst
Rating
Anger, (or the chemicals released by our bodies when we are angry) are stored in the large muscles of the arms and shoulders. Any rhythmic thrusting motion of the arms and shoulders will help release this. Examples are punching a punching bag or punching pillows, chopping wood, hitting a baseball with a bat, etc.
Another effective way to release the anger from your muscles is massage. A professional massage therapist is trained in how to release this anger and how to help you process it.

And remember to breathe! Deep breaths.

Uppidada MBBS
Rating
Just counts 1 to 10 ten times

Diana
Listen to music....call up a friend that understands you.

Michael
Rating
Lots of options

Talking it through with someone you trust, esp on longer lasting issues where anger is built up.

On things that make you flare up:

Just pausing
Breathing slowly and deeply for 5 to 20 breaths
Count to 10
Do something physical: Transform the feeling of anger into something that helps you. Lift some weights. Work on your jump shot.
Learn to meditate
Distract yourself with something else productive

It may help to read a book on handling anger as well. Self talk is pretty important but is a bit much to cover here. The book below might help. Go to Amazon and just search on 'anger'. You should find a book that would be a good fit for you.

If it is still a challenge, talk it over with a counselor.

Good luck.

moss
venting is the best way for me. There's also exercise.

beachbum
punching bag.

Mocha M
whay ever yo udo DO NOT CUT i am a really young teen who is cutting and i jsut started like an hour ago just dont do it it is the worst path ever i am now addicted to cutting i cant stip thinking about it so please dont cut :(

JustAskin
Get on a regular exercise routine. Running is great for stress relief.

Shelby Doolittle
lock yourself in the bathroom and scream into a handtowel
punch a pillow

Knock N
Why don't you just figure out the source of why you are getting mad and try getting rid of it.

myluvallen
Rating
Especially for 1 of my children who can fly from fine tojust massive anger (at times it is scary) any way, I bought a punching back and the appropriate gear to protect him(them) us (me too), and when there is a little anger that you know is going to fester inside and grow like a cancer, go to the punching bag and punch, kick, headbutt, swing punch some more and just keep doing that till you feel better. No just feeling ok, but I mean better. It honestly makes you feel so much better.

Make sure you hace the proper gear and also that the bag is mounted the correct way so it does not fall and hurt someone. We have been doing this for so long, it is 2nd nature. We don't need to remind each other any more to go punch the bag. Now we became aware, found a solution, practice the solution, we feel so much better and no one gets hurt (my son could be violent at times).

Out of all the solutions I tried for him, this was perfect. Just perfect.

Go punch the bag...

Be safe and be well.

rachel_waves
I agree...Punching Bag. It works, is cheap and good exercise. Can't feel angry after spending 20 mins punching something...and then you don't get hung up on the stuff; you just release the anger that is likely blown out of proportion anyways. See how more clearly you think after you release some of that anger in a way that does no harm.

sgen707@sbcglobal.net
Go for a run, or engage in some kind of excercise that will help you rid yourself of the excess energy as well as the emotion.
Keep in mind: are you in control of your emotions, or are your emotions in control of you?

andrew
Rating
buy yourself a punching bag

ani
boxing classes. kickboxing.

yurbud
Go into a biker bar or if you are in Britain where soccer hooligans hang out or whatever the equivalent of a biker bar is over there, go up to the biggest guy in the place, slap his face and say, "I told you not to leave the house until you washed the dishes, *****!"

Your anger, bodily fluids, and possibly some internal organs will be properly released shortly thereafter.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy