Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Have you ever experience extreme anxiety, stress, and severe depression all at the same time?
How bad had it gotten. How did you deal with it....

Prayers Needed Please?
Hi Guys:

I am going to need your support the next few weeks or more. I want to ask you all to please say prayers or talk to your higher power for Allen as he had an accident yesterday. He ...

My Mom's boyfriend Herb says my dreams of becoming an Astronaut are silly. How should I react?
He says I have only wanted to become an Astronaut since I learned that they get to wear diapers during takeoff and re-entry. He seems to have influenced my mom because she says it 'isn't ...

Is it okay when my boyfriend controls my life?

Why do I feel so down?
Latly I have been feeling very down. I have been very tired in the day and very awake at night. I have been crying and I don't even know why. Can any of you tell me why I have been feeling down ...

Calling all addicts!! when your are........?
away from yahooanswers....do you STILL think about it???
like ya can't wait to get back on it?????...

One minute I'm sad and crying in my bed in the dark, and the next minute I'm happy and working out and stuff.
Could I be bi-polar?...

How can i get over sucidal thought's...The more that i fight depression..?
the more my depression worsen's and more sucide sounds like heaven to me..I don't know what to do and i don't know how to be really truley happy...Real smiles and lauph's not fake ...

Cure for anxiety?
I have to do some public speaking next week anyone know any of anything that will help.
Additional Details
anything OTHER than drugs?...

Whats the point in life?
i just dont get it..we work and love..then just die..just die and its all over..and ur gone forever...i just dont get it..i never wanna die im 18 and im starting to know now that we really die..i ...

What can I do when the GP just recomends self help?
I am depressed. I have a stressful job, managing staff as well as the public, and I feel as though everything I do away from work is a mess. I live with my boyfriend of over 3yrs, and I consider our ...

I truely need help, I'm feeling so suicidal?
My mind is really messed up at the moment,Im so depressed, I feel like there is no point in me living another day,Im 19 n have been feeling this way for a very long time now - previously on here ...

Is looking at the toilet paper after you wipe normal?

Anyone have a good way of releasing anger?
i get mad often and i would like to be able to release it ...

When does a Pyschiatrist think you should be placed in a mental hospital?
If someone is told they have signs of psychosis, a mood effective disorder and obsessive compulsions then gets placed on antipsychotics, the person still goes out and drinks on a night out whilst on ...

Someone please exsplain this to me?
does anyone relate to this situation that i am in...i am living with my boyfriend who has bi-polar a couple of yrs ago he decided to quit taking his meds cause he said it was a joke...sometimes he is ...

Am I Emo? I Have To Know!?
I think of suicide a lot. I would never attempt it though. I get depressed EASILY! I get sooooo mad soooooo fast. Most people annoy me. I am usually just never happy. I DONT cut myself. I listen to ...

Are there people out there that really hurt themselves???
I don't get it!!! Help me understand why they do it!!! I'am serious!!...

Why do I cry almost every night? It is because of my bad childhood experience. Do you guys think I am crazy?

What should I have done about a Dr who keeps phoning me at home?
I started seeing a Consultant Psychiatrist about 2 months ago for an eating disorder. By the second session he was discussing aspects of his own life such as the fact he is studying for a Masters ...

meatless_mind
Why should I not commit suicide?
I want a real good reason why I should not kill myself right now! Don't tell me that god loves me, because I don't believe in god. The only reason why I haven't already is because, im not sure what will really happen after. If there is heaven and hell, im afraid I might go to hell, and if theres reincarnation I would be the dog that I teased when I was younger. Give me at least one good reason!!

bee p
the reason i don't is because i know that when i'm dead, i'll lose control of my bladder and bowels, and that's embarrassing even to think of. i don't believe in god either.

angelstarszzzz
because it is a selfish act...if you were really going to do it...you would have done it by now...you are crying wolf for attention...i know two people who commited suicide....they didn't talk about like you are....get some help you need some

c'est_moi
Rating
Please call 911 now, hun. Suicide is NEVER the answer. Hang in there.

kat12
because i didnt kill myself either... i had to sign a contract with my therapist..... if i have to be here so do you!!! I have thought about the after part ... pain spikes sometimes and all the time but the **** will eventually stop and that doesnt mean giving up... there are lots of us out there who have wanted or still do want to end things... please dont let us down

Grant M
Rating
One good reason? I can give you more then one......Your parents, all your friends... Do you have any idea how devastating that would be to them and how would you go about doing it.. Shoot your self? Hang your self? Take pills? jump off a bridge? Jump in front of a truck/car? If you don't believe in God then you cant believe in Heaven or Hell.. Sit down and think of all these consequences.. Or ask.. why cant I get over this and move on... Nothing and I mean nothing is worth taking your life... Listen I was so close to my daughter and she died very young from terminal breast cancer.. I thought of not being able to go on but I looked at the long bad consequences and I could not do it.. You have to be a very strong person to commit suicide and if you are that strong... You are strong enough to work this out... Good luck... Grant M in Pennsylvania

Charles E
I was depressed, from illness- and the worst part of it was, thinking that it would not end- then I found out that it doesn't stay forever. This was the encouragement I needed to have hope- plus my faith.
It is appointed unto man once to die- (no re-incarnation), and after that, the judgement. If you die, you will sleep until Christ comes' back to earth with all who believed in Him, and you will be raised with the eternal body He made you to have, and be asked by your Creator- "what did you do with My Son"? What will you say? That you rejected what your inner man tells' you, that we know right from wrong, and He put that in us- that all men know by looking at this world, that there must be a God.
He provided a way to escape hell and its punishment, intended for the devil and his angels, but that you rejected His Call of that quiet, tugging Holy Spirit??
In that case, He will forget your name as soon as you die (without taking His substitutionary death for sin in your place)
, and at the judgement, you will be shown, patiently, why you are not written in the Lamb's Book of Life, and then He will say- "depart from Me- I never knew you".

****You are forgiven already! Don't reject the price that was paid to a Holy God. On your behalf.****

If it is real, and you haven't taken this Way, you will be separated, in the cold, where sulfur burns' with black smoke, to a place not intended for humans-
You will live forever, regardless- where will it be?
If it is real, and you have not done any answering to God, to accept this, it will be evident immediately by your own choice when you die.
What do you have to lose? By giving Him a try. Doing nothing will surely send you to Hell. Let Him into your life.

Suicide is the most self-centered act, as the rest of us have to stay here and stand this life.
Don't take your life- take Christs'- He'll make you a new creature as you practice reading your Bible, praying and going to church- when He calls' and you answer.
7 families are affected by a divorce- which is a death, really- a separation of two made one- I would hate to think how many people would be affected by your taking your life. You know, you won't wake up.
And most people, really, if it is botched, have brain damage and a more severe crippling of the body, much less the psyche!
How are you planning of doing it? tell someone that you need to be with them- call a Hotline, and just wait- DEPRESSION BRINGS A PERSON TO A LOW POINT, TO WHERE THEY ARE NOT THINKING RIGHT ABOUT ANYTHING- THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO, AND CAN'T EAT, SLEEP, OR SMILE. I take care of sick people, and they are told by me that the sickness has brought them down, but that it won't last, and is normal to feel all depressed, from the sickness process, so don't worry, you are not strange- it will pass-WAIT.

***Kids try suicide to relieve the emotional pain, but that is not the answer- it is too permanent- ***

If you are born, there is a reason- you are to live out your purpose-
Don't let others define your existence-
Think outside of yourself, to a child whose life touches' yours, and be there for them- You may be the only one that will keep them going.
I know that when I get to heaven, I will see people who I smiled at, at the very least of contact between us-( hopefully I will find that I did not reject my chance to impact a life )or responded to them more than that- who were feeling just as bad as you, that took that as a sign from God someone cared- and I will be thanked.
Remember the movie Wonderful Life with Jimmy Stewart- check out that movie, to see a different perspective, and open your life, trying not to stay cooped up, ever-
from now on- even if you get a sun burn, don't isolate yourself- Go where people are, stupid and geeky and critical as they are, (stay away from crazy-makers, though!) and give someone your smile who doesn't have one.
These sound trite but true to lift depression- help someone else that is down.
We don't understand what people mean by their actions sometimes., so ask questions and keep communicating, and you will be surprised how screwy our views of things become by assuming things, and thinking the worst.
Kathryn Marshall had TB. She was crying and in bed, hopeless. The Lord- her Lord, said- "Kathryn, thank Me for the TB" .(which is- thank ful for the bad as well as the good), because there is a reason for everything that happens'- and she got better and healed of TB when she changed her speech to include this, with a thankful heart and different attitude.
My husband, a sour-puss, strung out on drugs and no more happy genes left in his brain, finally wrote a poem, which was published in a book of a friend of his, called- "He was there all the time"- God, he meant. Example- When he was 16, someone picked him up after being left in the desert , and he accepted the Lord -by being abandoned like that, and this person showing up, to talk to him about God. So He the Lord who loved him held onto Him all His life, and now he's been clean since 1991.
We know life is not fair, so we try to change it bit by bit with our input, and do something the Lord would say will be recognized in Heaven.
And be the start of a good family ( in your future?)of our own-

WAIT. Cry, and in the morning it will be a new day, with no mistakes in it.

Christians don't fear the First death, where satan trys' to end our life before we accept Christ- because we have placed our hand in His, to lead us through to the orther side- and we also don't fear the Second death, which is when those who have rejected the Lord by their own choice have been left in Hell.
I tell my clients- there is only one appointed time to die- How we live our life before that, is our choice- languishing on a sick bed from not taking care of ourselves, or being responsible to keep up this body, praying for our grandkids is important if nothing else can be done til well.

Being a light or cursing the darkness, my friend.

In this joke, they say preachers are terrible drivers because they know they won't die until the Lord says that they will. To Further this train of thought, having learned (humbleness and are ready in their inner man to be a part of the Lord's Kingdom, by all the trials that have made them spiritually mature- that's the purpose of sorrow--) and finished the Work they were called by Him to accomplish- which is to share Christ with others. That is our purpose- to help all get to heaven by our witness.

Jack K
BECAUSE DYING IS HARD AND YOU'RE NOT DEAD YET

Gee Kay
Rating
No one can tell you exactly why not to commit suicide. It's your life, your beliefs, your choices. So instead of pretending to have answers for you, why don't you answer some questions for me...

Hell would...well, it would be bad, obviously. So if there is a Hell, your fate would be, of course, miserable. But, what if there is no Hell? Is that much better? If there is no afterlife, than it means that when we die, we simply cease to exist. Life can hurt, but death doesn't mean feeling better- it means feeling nothing. Complete and utter nonexistence.

Sometimes it feels as if there is absolutely no one there for you. I don't know you. I don't know your life, or your story, or your friends. But I know, without a doubt, that each and every one of us has someone who would grieve for us. I'm sorry you're suffering...but do you want to displace that suffering onto someone else?

Why did you reach out for an answer? Something in you knows you want to be alive. Pain can feel intolerable, and depression can be mind numbing. I know; I've been depressed. I've been near suicidal. But the one thing I kept coming back to is that ultimately, rather than slip into nothingness, I still ended up choosing to reach out for help. I'm glad you reached out. It means that, even if you don't feel it right now, you do want to be alive. I don't know if I could help. I don't presume to know any all-powerful truths. But as one human being to another, please know that I truly, deeply hope I could help you, even a little.

emilybaybay
because there are people that love you. and even if you don't believe in god, face it, you are the only you that will ever be. there will never be another person born EVER that will have your talents, your personality, your looks, your anything. you're completely unique. people aren't just cookie-cutter shapes that can be thrown out and replaced at will. and even if you don't believe god, YOU HAVE A PURPOSE. sure you don't know what it is now, but if you kill yourself you'll never find out. you'll never know what you were supposed to do, why you're here, you'll never know anything at all. you never know what's going to happen tomorrow, so why are you robbing yourself of the chance to find out?! i was in a depression for a long time, so i understand this kind of thing. but look, god is an important part of my life, and i believe in him. i'm not telling you you have to run to a church right now and confess your life to a preacher or anyting, but please atleast consider god as an option. you might like it. :] anyway, PLEASE just realize that if you die, people are going to miss you and mourn for you. also, life isn't a sad thing, it's about experiencing things and learning things and finding happiness. it's not always easy, but that doesn't mean you should give up. i don't even know you, but please know that i care, and i really don't want you to die.

fifty
Rating
You've already come up with a few good reasons. What you get next may be worse than what you have now.

Suicide is a permanent solution often to a temporary situation. Look over your life. Has it been total misery? What did you like about it? What are the things you'd like to do before you die? Perhaps, you could identify your ideal life and move on to something totally different.

There are a lot of solutions to try before suicide. You could do therapy to explore where your pain is coming from. You could get a prescription for mind-altering medication such as an antidepressant. You could visit your health food store and purchase something like St John's Wort. You could exercise.

Since you know what you are facing here, your best option is to try various ways of digging yourself out of your hole.

beletje_vos
Rating
I'm glad you don't believe in God - it makes life too complicated to have a belief like that when there's no evidence. Don't worry - there probably is no Hell or reincarnation.

But life is worth living. Someone just gave me this quote recently from Richard Dawkins:

"We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die because they are never going to be born. The potential people who could have been here in my place but who will in fact never see the light of day outnumber the sand grains of Sahara. Certainly those unborn ghosts include greater poets than Keats, scientists greater than Newton. We know this because the set of possible people allowed by our DNA so massively outnumbers the set of actual people. In the teeth of these stupefying odds, it is you and I, in our ordinariness, that are here. We privileged few who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at that inevitable return to our prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred."

So we are LUCKY to have been born in the first place! Life is a wonderful thing to experience - you have to take the good and bad like everyone else. Wait until you die. Because when you DO die - that's it! There's no going back. You're never conscious again. It's a permanent 'solution' to a temporary problem.

I'm sure that people love you and will miss you were you to actually commit suicide. There are way more cons than pros to taking this extreme action.

gc173
you have alot to live for. everyone has a destiny and a reason for being here.

private
Call with any problem, Anytime:
Girls and Boys Town National Hotline
Phone: 1-800-448-3000
Email: Hotline@girlsandboystown.org
Help is only one call away. <}:-})

â™ rock n roll rubyâ™ 
what good will it do?
i believe that this life is full of lessons that will be repeated until you learn from them and if you fail to learn them this go round....then you will repeat them wherever you may go afterwards.
i am agnostic so i believe in many things.

A91603650
really once your done. your done. if you commit suicide there is NO turning back. everyone will wonder why you did it and they will never know! tell someone about your problems, no one deserves to die like that

Nana
Rating
because it is not your time

unclemax0
Rating
Here's a good reason: Imagine how hurt your friends and family will be. Imagine how guilty they'll feel because they weren't able to help you through a difficult time. How will you kill yourself? Will you take an overdose of pills and end up throwing up all over yourself? Will you shoot yourself or cut your wrists? That will leave a nice mess for someone to clean up. Will you use car exhaust or try to hang yourself? Then you could wind up with brain damage in a persistent vegetative state in a nursing home where people will have to change your diapers.

I have a better question for you. Give me one good reason why you SHOULD commit suicide. Remember this...suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy