Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Prayers Needed Please?
Hi Guys:

I am going to need your support the next few weeks or more. I want to ask you all to please say prayers or talk to your higher power for Allen as he had an accident yesterday. He ...

My Mom's boyfriend Herb says my dreams of becoming an Astronaut are silly. How should I react?
He says I have only wanted to become an Astronaut since I learned that they get to wear diapers during takeoff and re-entry. He seems to have influenced my mom because she says it 'isn't ...

Is it okay when my boyfriend controls my life?

Why do I feel so down?
Latly I have been feeling very down. I have been very tired in the day and very awake at night. I have been crying and I don't even know why. Can any of you tell me why I have been feeling down ...

Calling all addicts!! when your are........?
away from yahooanswers....do you STILL think about it???
like ya can't wait to get back on it?????...

One minute I'm sad and crying in my bed in the dark, and the next minute I'm happy and working out and stuff.
Could I be bi-polar?...

How can i get over sucidal thought's...The more that i fight depression..?
the more my depression worsen's and more sucide sounds like heaven to me..I don't know what to do and i don't know how to be really truley happy...Real smiles and lauph's not fake ...

Cure for anxiety?
I have to do some public speaking next week anyone know any of anything that will help.
Additional Details
anything OTHER than drugs?...

Whats the point in life?
i just dont get it..we work and love..then just die..just die and its all over..and ur gone forever...i just dont get it..i never wanna die im 18 and im starting to know now that we really die..i ...

What can I do when the GP just recomends self help?
I am depressed. I have a stressful job, managing staff as well as the public, and I feel as though everything I do away from work is a mess. I live with my boyfriend of over 3yrs, and I consider our ...

I truely need help, I'm feeling so suicidal?
My mind is really messed up at the moment,Im so depressed, I feel like there is no point in me living another day,Im 19 n have been feeling this way for a very long time now - previously on here ...

Is looking at the toilet paper after you wipe normal?

Anyone have a good way of releasing anger?
i get mad often and i would like to be able to release it ...

When does a Pyschiatrist think you should be placed in a mental hospital?
If someone is told they have signs of psychosis, a mood effective disorder and obsessive compulsions then gets placed on antipsychotics, the person still goes out and drinks on a night out whilst on ...

Someone please exsplain this to me?
does anyone relate to this situation that i am in...i am living with my boyfriend who has bi-polar a couple of yrs ago he decided to quit taking his meds cause he said it was a joke...sometimes he is ...

Am I Emo? I Have To Know!?
I think of suicide a lot. I would never attempt it though. I get depressed EASILY! I get sooooo mad soooooo fast. Most people annoy me. I am usually just never happy. I DONT cut myself. I listen to ...

Are there people out there that really hurt themselves???
I don't get it!!! Help me understand why they do it!!! I'am serious!!...

Why do I cry almost every night? It is because of my bad childhood experience. Do you guys think I am crazy?

What should I have done about a Dr who keeps phoning me at home?
I started seeing a Consultant Psychiatrist about 2 months ago for an eating disorder. By the second session he was discussing aspects of his own life such as the fact he is studying for a Masters ...

Why i see black things fly around all times???Please I need a help.?
I have beeing seeing these stuff more obvious about 3 months.
There every where...they have different shapes such as circle and squre sometimes it's like zigzag. Inside there are small ...

CAJA
How to live with Panick attacks and Anxiety???
I'm really desperate ..I have no money no insurance and I'm going through the worst stage in my life..I'm getting the horrible Panick attacks and I have a terrible Anxiety .. I don't know what to do Everytime I'm in a restaurant or supermarket i feel like I'm loosing my mind , I feel fainting and then My heart start beating really fast ..I sweat and it's just the worst nightmare ..I can't live a normal life anymore My social life is gone..I'm so afraid to leave the house because I feel I'm having this issues again ..I'm so unhappy and I wonder if sombdoy knows of a treatment , a mental exercise something that can help to start healing and feeling better ...tomorrow is new year's eve and I'm going to a restaurant ( party ) I'm scared already ..i don't know what to do???
If you know of something just a little help I will deeply appreciate it...
Thanks and Have a wonderful new year!!!

pa625
run do not walk to a dr. i know the office call is not cheap but consider it your best money spent ask about prozac. 2 weeks and you will forget what a panic attack feels like. i was on that for a brief time and i am telling you if that panic ever came back i would steal it if i had to. good news prozac is generic now you can get it at wal-mart for 4.00 a month. good luck and please go to the doctor~

TPhi
Rating
I have started giving my daughter 5-HTP and I think it is really helping her anxiety (she's 17). You can find this in the vitamin section of Walgreens or at a GNC store. It's $15.00 for 30 (100 mg.) capsules. The first week I gave her (1) 100 mg. capsule before bed each night. Then this week I have gradually been increasing the dosage. In the next few days she will be up to 300mg. daily. She takes one at lunch and one at night for now.
The girl at the GNC store told me it helped her also. And it isn't always that expensive, because I think one brand of it is on sale at Walgreens sometimes for "buy one, get one free".

Some people are skeptical that 5-HTP actually works. I don't know if it works for everyone, but I'm thankful that it seems to be working pretty well for my daughter. She was on Paxil, and after that experience, I was determined to try anything else besides anti-depressants with her.

My son suffers from some anxiety too, and he seems to combat his problem with lots of activity and other things to distract him. Different things work for different people.

It wouldn't hurt to do your own homework on this and other alternative ways by searching the topic through Google. I wish you luck with this. I know you want to get better. Just don't give up.

kicking_back
Rating
and try this
www.vipassana.org

Lucky girl
Rating
Less than a year ago I was in your place. I thought I was actually dying. I thought there was something wrong with my heart because it would beat so fast. Sometimes I wished there was just so I could know that at least I wasn't crazy. My doctor gave me meds but I never took them and that was the first step into realizing my anxiety didn't control me yet. I found some of my old friends from middle school and we started hanging out again and my anxiety just went away. Anyways, I know how you feel and I want you to know that you are not alone. Medicine is not the answer unless you are really severely sick. I would suggest you go and look for anxiety websites. They offer tips to help you get through this. I wish you the best and know you are not alone.

Ginkgo
Rating
Well tomorrow may be too soon to help you. See site below for natural help for anxiety and panic.

http://www.phifoundation.org/panic.html

karen v
Rating
I know how you feel I also have this problem, but check with your local Social Services and see if there is something that they might do for you to help you with your dr. bill. You need to get on medication for this. If you want to go to the resturant on New Years Eve then go but if you start feeling like you will have a attack then get up and go outside for a while, or maybe even go home. But you are going to have to overcome this to where you can go on with your life. I hope you have good luck.

auhunter04
Rating
I take Xanax to help me in these situations. There is hope, find a good counselor or psychiatrist, but do not let them just drug you to ease the problems. I have recently been introduced to "The Secret", which has helped me a lot, you can find it at www.thesecret.tv. If you really buy into what they are teaching it will help you in a lot of areas. Go and have fun

Alisa
Rating
Maybe you can join an online support group and get a lot of advice from people going through or went through the same thing. I have had an anxiety disorder but it wasn't as bad as you explained yours. I delt with mine by changing my whole life and starting new. Drinking relaxing herbal tea, exercising the anxiety energy out, self help books, therapy. Maybe having a glass of mind at dinner will help ease your anxiety for the night?

sidekick
Rating
remember a panic attack will never make you pass out or anything like that, you need counseling and a psychiatrist for help to get you through this stage of your life...if you look hard enough there is always help out there, try help hot line for referrals, your church so on and so on. Catholic Charity's and other organizations have pay per income, you can probably get the help you need for 5 or 10 bucks and if you cannot afford the meds ask for samples or call the makers of the meds you will get them for free sent to your doctors office if you cannot afford them, The one Montel talks about on TV I forget the name gets your meds for free also.....God bless and good luck.

william m
Hey, check out this site:

http://www.cureanxietydisorder.com/cure.html

It has helped many people stop panic/anxiety attacks....

All the best...

mwa
Rating
I had anxiety since Christmas and with a bad people expereince the other day on top of family at Christmas... so yeah, today i had anxiety when I went out. I have some tips for you.

Yoga
Meditaion
Soft slow music with no words at night
also, I don't know if you are familiar with the power of the mind? It is phenominal. I have read books on it and have used tequinces to change me life. Power of belief (I am not religious but do believe in changing lives and miracles, because i have seen it in my own life). Also that last thought of the night is powerful. The last thing you think about you will carry with you all night. I do know that faining, that dizziness. The trips to ER and the doctors saying it is in your head because all your tests came back normal. I have been on medication for anxiety... Panic and anxiety are no fun. Mine is alot better and i am off medication.

I can recommend books if you want to email me.
As for tomorrow, I just recommend picturing yourself like bubble boy. Inside is safe.. and and outside, you just don't know if you are safe, how people will treat you, what will happen in the outside world. But you in the bubble. You don't need to talk or even smile. You just stay safe in your bubble. no one can break it. and if you feel a thought or someone says something that makes you upset, shoot it out. That is not allowed in your safe bubble. You need a safe place everyhwere you go. And it needs to go with you every step you take.

Also, NO caffenine. Herbal teas help alot actually I found
Foods that are easy to digest. Big meals make you tired and then you have less energy for metal abiblities.
Also, remember that nothing is WRONG with you. You go through what alot of people go through. Life is a journey and at the end of this, you will be a bigger, better person that is in tune with yourself and can help others because you have been there.

And remember.. you can have a 'bladder infection' that makes you go to the bathroom alot (go there to breathe deep, hear the silence and do some good self talk int he mirror), and it also gives you the excuse to go home. it is your life and walking out is your priority. i walked out on a christmas dinner becasue of anxeity triggered with the people that were there and their expectaions of me. They were very very upset, but really... what is more important... me performing and doing what is expected of me like some monkey... or going home where I feel safe when having anxiety? the point is I went, I tired. I get an a+ in my books, even though in theirs I got an F, that means they are not rooting for me..

Hope something here made sense, lol... good luck

sydney
there is a product called Calm's it is well liked by people in alternative medicine you can find it in health food stores if not ask the nutritionist on staff about something that may help you.

grouch2111
Rating
Try a exercise where you imagining having a good time. Visualize yourself, what you will wear, who you will talk to, etc. Think of the event as if it has already happened...Good Luck to you..

armenharoutunian
Rating
I really can relate to you. Well, I know how a panic attack feels, I'm 14 years old and have had 2. The thing is that you need to be courageous and face it head on. Dont let it stop you. I haven't had an attack sice it first happened so basically you need to think positive and when you dont worry about it, it wont happen. So when you go to the party just hang around, eat, enjoy, be social, DONT WORRY ABOUT IT.
GO FOR IT.

East Texan
VALIUM. it is a life saver.... or a life take if too much is ingested.

~muffun~
take deep breathes, take walks, rest , try to sleep at least 7 to 8 hours per nite...a combination of things could be giving you stress, a over work-load , stress triggers alot in people.
try your best to relax and everything should be fine.

Dr. LOVE the MONKEY!!!
Rating
OK depending what state you are in you they have community centers, clinics and hospitals that have free therapist and medication. In Chicago for example they have center areas, like if you are downtown the center area is Northwestern Hospital, if it is the south part of Chicago it is Mercy. At these places, and they are good hospitals and doctors, they have programs that have free medication and doctors. Call your local hospital in your area and or call the city or town info line, they have the same help in other states besides Illinois, it is not advertised much cause they want money if possible but if you have no insurance they have to take you into these programs. Also some of the psychology schools have sliding scale services so if you make nothing a year it is only $10 a session. If you are having panic attacks it is a serious problem, you need help and medication if necessary, it takes your life away in so many ways so please seek help before it gets worse, it is not something that you should have to go through alone. God bless you

amber
You Can Go To Any E.R And They Will Give You Meds To Treat It.They Will See You Even If You Have No Money.You Should Not Have To Live Like You Are..They Will Take Payments As Well If You Don't Have Money To Pay The Whole Bill At Once..The Drug That I Know Works Is Called Xanax.But Be Very Careful With It As People Become Depended On it If Its Taken More Often Then Needed Or More Often Then The Bottle Says To Take It.Another Idea Is Put On Some Good Music That Might Help Clear Your Mind Before You Go Out,Also Keep Reminding Yourself That Your OK.I Hope This Helps And That You Have A Great New Year And Get Well..

Star
My son has dealt with this since he was 6 years old - he is 12 years old now. Medication was the only thing that made a significant difference. We were opposed to it but the anxiety was so high we felt we needed to do this. He has not experienced anxiety for over 2 years, but when he stops taking his pills it would come back in about a week.

If you have no coverage for meds you need to use cognitive behave. therapy ie) change the way you feel about something will change the way you respond to it. It will not work overnight and will not be the sole answer. I wish you had some $ to see a social worker or related person as that helps to.

My advise to you for tomorrow nights dinner out: go the the restaurant some time tomorrow before your reservations so you are familiar and comfortable with the place (sometimes that helps) give yourself permission to leave and go home if you have to. Again, if you have to, don't feel you have to go if you know you will not make it or are afraid you will embarrass yourself.

Take deep breaths to make your tummy feel better. This is weird by my son found some "calming" effect by caring around a pack to tic tacs. i teased him that they were his "smokes" (he always rides my back for smoking.)

Good luck, I hope you make out well.

If you feel comfortable, please email me at mr4bfcqakys@yahoo.ca and let me know how it went.

Conquistador
Rating
I use homeopathy to help mine. Its not as bad now as it used to be. I've left you a link to pinpoint what remedy you might need, If you decide to try it make sure you read up on how to take the remedies, how often, what dosages. Some knowledge is helpful for it to work so you dont spoil the remedies.I wish you well (been there, things CAN get better). The remedies are not real costly either. If you want to you can email me if you have any questions

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy