Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

What should I have done about a Dr who keeps phoning me at home?
I started seeing a Consultant Psychiatrist about 2 months ago for an eating disorder. By the second session he was discussing aspects of his own life such as the fact he is studying for a Masters ...

Why i see black things fly around all times???Please I need a help.?
I have beeing seeing these stuff more obvious about 3 months.
There every where...they have different shapes such as circle and squre sometimes it's like zigzag. Inside there are small ...

I like to self-harm. Is it so weird?

Antidepressants??
Hi,
I'm 25 and have found myself to be very depressed lately. I'm going through a divorce, ect. I have tried Paxil and Lexapro, and both make me very sick to my stomach, which I ...

How do you know when your anti-depressants start to work?
They say it takes around three weeks for it to kick in. Is there a sudden change when it does? How does it feel, not to be depressed anymore??...

Any advice for the partner of someone diagnosed with Manic Depression?
Our relationship is longstanding and I don't want to be scared off!!! I need to understand more how this thing works and just how supportive I can be. Is he better ignored when in a depressive ...

Would it destroy you and send you under if you lost all your material posessions? or would you survive it?
i think it would totally destroy me....my soul would be crushed and my house of cards would come falling down....i dont own many material posessions, hardly any cept a computer, but if i lost that, i ...

How do people get bipolar?
Was they born with it or something, I been hearing people getting it when they where a kid or something. How do people get bipolar disorder....

Im negative?
Im negative about myself is that a bad thing??
Additional Details
Everyone puts me down y not just do it to myself??...

How can i put myself to sleep without feeling tired?
i hate to take medicine to help me sleep. i have alot on my mind. i am a ...

How long does it take to get over death?
my grandfather died 8 days ago. he was 90 and had alzheimers so it wasn't unexpected. he was the first person i've ever known to die and i had a really hard time for the first few days and ...

Do you think Depression gives you a kick in the @rse to do more in life?

Can worry turn into Depression??
Can worrying turn into Depression? I some time worry a lot and some times way to much about things that i do not need to worry about .. can that turn into Depression?...

I found my boyfriends bottle of...................?
i found a bottle of Paxil in my boyfriends cabinet. What should i do? Should i confront him about it?...

Why live when we feel so much pain and suffering?

How do i avoid sleep?
i want to study but i feel very sleepy.as soon as i come from college i feel very ...

Depression?
i have depression, im doing all the right steps etc, the thing is i keep isolating myself, i dont wanna go out with my mates and just have a laugh, i cant find the motavation to do it? its upsetting ...

Can depression??
Two quick questions about depression!

1) Does being depressed make you more irritable towards others and your response when others approach you??

2) Depression - I know it can ...

Suicidal!!!?
I am feeling really suicidal tonight and I am seriously about to kill myself but I don't know why! Here's what's going on. I was in a psych hospital for 2 weeks and they really helped ...

I think I am going insane?
I used to have thoughts of suicide alot, but I dont really anymore. Now my attention is turned towards other people. I dont know what im thinking anymore.

Everytime im in school (im 16) I ...

nikki
Cure for anxiety?
I have to do some public speaking next week anyone know any of anything that will help.
Additional Details
anything OTHER than drugs?

unseen_force_22
Rating
When you feel afraid, stay with the fear, stay in the fear. You want to flee, don't. Trust me and fear will have no hold on you.

russrimm
Paxil

jedidoughboy
Rating
valium, and good luck.

menace_2society_67
Rating
you will be fine and you know it

canadarocks007
Rating
You can practise the public speaking at home a few times - outloud - that helps. And the more public speaking you do -the better you'll be at it. Slow your speech down --people who public speak tend to speed up. I get nervous having to speak in public - wondering what people will think of me, etc. But I've gotten over that stage and just go up and do my best...accepting the fact that I may make a mistake or 2 or 3. A couple shots don't hurt either!

Seriously though - have confidence in your ability, do your best, and that's all anyone could ask from you. You'll do GREAT!!

Kaitlyn
Rating
PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE.

I get nervous before speaking in a large crowd. What always works is if I get a couple of my friends and practice speaking in front of them. The more you know what you're going to say and do, the less nervous you're going to be. Just practice. Good luck!

Randy S
The only thing I know of is a drug called Ativan, it really helps..I had breast cancer and it made me feel alot better, they also use the drug for people that have chemo for neausa.

mikey
Xannies Bars 2mg

the best

Help pls
Do NOT take any drugs first off. Paxil is a prescribed drug and should not be taken for situations like this.

All you have to do (silly I know) is stand in front of a mirror and practice whatever it is you have to say over and over. Be sure to look directly into your eyes.

Then, when the time comes and you are in front of the people, rather than look directly AT them, look just above their heads and you wont even notice them looking at you. Just scan above their heads slowly moving your head left and right so they FEEL they are being spoken to and before you know it, you will be done and you didn't even have to take a pill to get there!! Good Luck!!

shierrabethel
Rating
Just remain calm and be confident in yourself. It can help to imagine you are in front of your closest friends or anyone else you feel comfortable around.

star63_19
ativan lol... or just practice saying your speech out loud and when u go before the group just look over their heads and just picture everyone in their underwear or something else

Julia L.
There is no cure for anxiety. If you are experiencing serious physical effects this far in advance, you should probably talk to a doctor about an anti-anxiety medication. Other than that, you can try relaxing the night before the event, getting a good night's rest, eating a nutritious breakfast, and doing deep breathing exercises. Yoga breathing really helps (inhale for 4, hold for 7, out for 8). You can also do progressive relaxation, where you tense individual muscle groups in turn and then relax them, starting with your head and working down to your feet. Another option is positive visualization, where you picture yourself giving your speech successfully. Also, practice, practice, practice - the more familiar you are with your material, the more relaxed you will be.

horrible_singer
practice in looking past through people

Sweet Gran
Rating
The biggest fear among the populous is fear of public speaking. A few ways to beat it: Get a good nights sleep before. Practice what will happen...what the audience will look like, who will cough or sneeze, etc. There is the old one: picture what they look like in their undies (or nude). Perhaps (in your mind) you could be speaking to an individual here or there. I have meditated for many years and usually just take a deep breath and as I exhale I feel all the tension leave with the air. As you see it, it will be. See yourself overcoming, speaking with ease and great capability. See the words flowing with skill. See yourself without fear. Feel the approval of the audience. You will do well. Be Blessed.

Suzy-Q
Rating
Wow! I know that feeling and I am sure that you have heard this before...practice practice practice until you know the stuff without looking.
If you have the chance before your presentation, go onto the stage and check out the set up. Once you are up there doing your presentation, focus on a few friendly faces or points in the room. Just read from your slides verbatim if you need to.
The more you do this the easier it gets...honest!
Break a leg!

mat
Sure I can help. Here are some natural ways listed below:

Calcium and magnesium supplementation
B-Complex supplementation
Exercise
Rebounding
massage
Dr. Coldwell's stress reducing techniques
Dianetics
Colon cleanse
Heavy metal cleanse
Candida cleanse
liver/gallbladder cleanse
Callahan Techniques
organic dark chocolate
sun
and plenty of rest

Note: These are the same things used for stress as well.

Bethany B
Rating
Have a big family gathering before hand, speak in front of them. Call a radio station tell you speech on it. Meditate two nights before and the night before. While meditating clear your your mind of everything else that is going on in your life then imagine you are the worlds idol and everyone loves and listens to every word you say!

Skittles
If you look over their heads at a spot at the back of the room they will believe that you are looking at them.

Tony R
Rating
relax and just take a deep breath before going on

mynickname
Rating
Kava Kava, an herb you can get in health food stores. Take the capsules, not the tea. The tea is too weak. You can also go see a doctor and ask for something to help relax you.
I had to do some public speaking a couple years ago, and I prayed for God to give me the words and help me through it. It also helps to remember that it will be over before you know it and then you can go celebrate.
Keep it in perspective, it's not as bad as you think, and have a nice reward to look forward to when you are done.
Good luck!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy