Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Why i see black things fly around all times???Please I need a help.?
I have beeing seeing these stuff more obvious about 3 months.
There every where...they have different shapes such as circle and squre sometimes it's like zigzag. Inside there are small ...

I like to self-harm. Is it so weird?

Antidepressants??
Hi,
I'm 25 and have found myself to be very depressed lately. I'm going through a divorce, ect. I have tried Paxil and Lexapro, and both make me very sick to my stomach, which I ...

How do you know when your anti-depressants start to work?
They say it takes around three weeks for it to kick in. Is there a sudden change when it does? How does it feel, not to be depressed anymore??...

Any advice for the partner of someone diagnosed with Manic Depression?
Our relationship is longstanding and I don't want to be scared off!!! I need to understand more how this thing works and just how supportive I can be. Is he better ignored when in a depressive ...

Would it destroy you and send you under if you lost all your material posessions? or would you survive it?
i think it would totally destroy me....my soul would be crushed and my house of cards would come falling down....i dont own many material posessions, hardly any cept a computer, but if i lost that, i ...

How do people get bipolar?
Was they born with it or something, I been hearing people getting it when they where a kid or something. How do people get bipolar disorder....

Im negative?
Im negative about myself is that a bad thing??
Additional Details
Everyone puts me down y not just do it to myself??...

How can i put myself to sleep without feeling tired?
i hate to take medicine to help me sleep. i have alot on my mind. i am a ...

How long does it take to get over death?
my grandfather died 8 days ago. he was 90 and had alzheimers so it wasn't unexpected. he was the first person i've ever known to die and i had a really hard time for the first few days and ...

Do you think Depression gives you a kick in the @rse to do more in life?

Can worry turn into Depression??
Can worrying turn into Depression? I some time worry a lot and some times way to much about things that i do not need to worry about .. can that turn into Depression?...

I found my boyfriends bottle of...................?
i found a bottle of Paxil in my boyfriends cabinet. What should i do? Should i confront him about it?...

Why live when we feel so much pain and suffering?

How do i avoid sleep?
i want to study but i feel very sleepy.as soon as i come from college i feel very ...

Depression?
i have depression, im doing all the right steps etc, the thing is i keep isolating myself, i dont wanna go out with my mates and just have a laugh, i cant find the motavation to do it? its upsetting ...

Can depression??
Two quick questions about depression!

1) Does being depressed make you more irritable towards others and your response when others approach you??

2) Depression - I know it can ...

Suicidal!!!?
I am feeling really suicidal tonight and I am seriously about to kill myself but I don't know why! Here's what's going on. I was in a psych hospital for 2 weeks and they really helped ...

I think I am going insane?
I used to have thoughts of suicide alot, but I dont really anymore. Now my attention is turned towards other people. I dont know what im thinking anymore.

Everytime im in school (im 16) I ...

This may sound stupid but....?
what is so wrong with wanting to die?
we never asked to be born into this world, so why are we always expected to enjoy it and want to live?...

jimmy m
Whats the point in life?
i just dont get it..we work and love..then just die..just die and its all over..and ur gone forever...i just dont get it..i never wanna die im 18 and im starting to know now that we really die..i guess when ur a kid u just think u live forever..man i hate this feeling..all i think about is death..like every min of the day..it makes me feel ike shouldnt even do anything whats the point..ill just be dead

moo
Rating
God created eternal life for us. You will live forever, but it won't be on Earth. It'll be in heaven.

maybe
Rating
I know what you mean. It is a harsh realization. Just use this realization for your own good.

Live every day like it is your last and appreciate all of the things you have here and now.

We don't know what will happen. That is why religion helps certain people by beliving that they will go to Heaven etc.

But really....we dont know.....and yes...that is very scary.

Debbie V
You have a chemical imbalance. Thinking about death constantly shows that you need help balancing your brain chemicals that control the will to live. You're extremely depressed.

NAMI - National Alliance for Mental Illness has lots of info about your condition, and can find a dr. for you and/or a therapist. www.nami.org.

You also need to figure out why you're here and what you're supposed to do with your life. Sign up at biblesforamerica.org and they will send you free information about what I believe is the purpose of life.

Don't do anything drastic until you get help, okay? There is more to life than you can see just now, so wait a few years until you've had a chance to explore life before you write it off.

Debbie Villareal
e-mail me if you need help

The One
Rating
Yea tell me about it! I think we all think about this from time to time. We all have a purpose in life and I don't think just trying to get a dream job and making lots of money is what lifes all about. It seems like thats what us humans are programmed to do, just join a rat race. You gotta dig deep into what you think your purpose may be. Good Luck!

Leah16
Rating
To be absolutely honest, I believe that the "point" to life, is to die.
Death is the main reason for life. If you don't live once, you do not die, if you do not die, then you were never living. Ancient egyptians used to believe that your death was the most important celebration of (ironically) your life.
But that is an old belief. In this generation, it is best to believe that life is all about the experiences you have, and the people you encounter during your lifetime.
Enjoy it to the best!!
And you only live once, so everything is worth trying :)

cretinboi
Rating
to fellowship with/glorify God

G.L.S(see profile for details).
The point is to do something to distract ourselves from thinking about death lol

Wize Guy
You better stop talking and get out there and enjoy your life your wasting your time. Have some children you may feel a little different.Do something to help change peoples lives,find religion,go places ,have some fun;if your thinking about death then you must not be doing to much to occupy your time,keep busy and put that death stuff in the back of your mind.......................................

What are you still doing here Go Go Get out of here!

preciousanime
well the point to life is just what you said:
work and love thats basically it nothing more.....but all i can say is live your life to fullest make sure that you have no regrets you only live once!

Edit: why would he need to go to a counsellor? Its a simple answer not to difficult?

i'm a christian so I was told to live for god, but i dont know what your religion is. But lifes basically, you work and you love then you die.

IAAW
Rating
May be this has something to do with your age. I have heard this from other people around your age, and actually I used to think that way when I was your age. Talk to a doctor or mature adult you can trust.

kieran.brady
Rating
Yes, we die but that's no reason why we shouldn't do the best we can when we are alive. e.g. would you rather be remembered by yr kids for achieving something great of just being the nicest person they know or would you rather they were ashamed of you for being a c**p father? (this is only one example) Yes at the end of things we die but your 18 - your a long way off that. Also think about the things that you like or enjoy - would you like to continue doing them or just give up all hope - end up homeless on the streets somewhere?

Just do the best you can in life. - a guy once said "i will only be passing this way once" - so why not do the very best you can?

Peppe
i know how you feel. ive been feeling this way the majority of my significant life. the point in life is that you get to have a taste of what you might have never. that its better to have one touch, one kiss, one smell than never knowing what its like. its about asking these sort of questions and living a life of mystery and moratality and facing the fact that you can be gone in any instant and that every second of your life should be lived as if it were the last because it is infact your last. there is more in life than what people think they know.. living is worth finding out.. worth discovering what the untold, the unknown is.

akadca692
Rating
Yeah, we're all going to die someday, so what's the problem? Go out and have as much fun as you can for, oh, i dont know, maybe the next 60 years? Relax....

To answer the initial question though, the point of life is to help others, to love, and to learn, not necesarilly in that order.

Scratch
Rating
You'll be alright, I am twenty and I am going through a very tough time since my girlfriend of four years broke up with me before she went to college. I have asked my self whats that point in even trying all summer. Just keep on keepin' on and you'll soon discover what your here for.

Matthew T
I think there is a point in life where we suddenly understand that we are going to die. I remember a story of a young girl who with her parents was looking at thousands of photographs of soldiers taken during the US civil war. She remarked that those soldiers must be very old by now. Her parents told her softly that every single one of those soldiers was dead. She was astounded and didn't say another word for the rest of the day.

“Unless you assume a God, the question of life’s purpose is meaningless.” –Bertrand Russell

Bertrand Russell was an atheist but was honest enough to understand that purpose can only come from God. Without purpose, life can have no point and no meaning.

The idea of a pointless existence ought to drive us to God but for those who reject God, it drives them to invent "purposes" and pretend that they are real. But those invented "purposes" are really necessary to keep sane.

But if we admit that God might exist, then we can see that God must have put our need for purpose into our human nature in order to point us to seek Him. So I think our purpose is to seek God and to come to know God. Christians think that we do that by obeying God's command to love our neighbors for where love is, there God is also.

melouofs
Yes, but there's so much time between now and the end--you need to fill that time with things that are wonderful and exchillerating and make you feel like your time here on earth made a difference to those you come into contact with.

my2cents
Maybe you should go to a councelor who is trained in answering all your questions.

opinionator
You have to define the meaning life holds for you and give it meaning accordingly. You can aspire to marry raise kids and make them smarter, healthier, better adjusted or simply have more fun than you did as a kid.

You can aspire to be rich, work hard and then ponder how you can make life better and more fun for yourself and other through philanthropy, hedonism, generosity to friends, family and others or a combination of each.

You can choose a noble pursuit and dedicate your life to it such as teaching, social work, theology or science and take pleasure and joy in the note that you are benefiting others and the world thhrough your selfless devotion to service.

You give life meaning through the choices you make and in how you choose to live it.

Just remember that when you are old and on your deathbed you'll think what did I do with my life? Was it time well spent? Did I make a difference? Was I respected, loved or loathed for what chose to do in life?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy