Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

How do people get bipolar?
Was they born with it or something, I been hearing people getting it when they where a kid or something. How do people get bipolar disorder....

Im negative?
Im negative about myself is that a bad thing??
Additional Details
Everyone puts me down y not just do it to myself??...

How can i put myself to sleep without feeling tired?
i hate to take medicine to help me sleep. i have alot on my mind. i am a ...

How long does it take to get over death?
my grandfather died 8 days ago. he was 90 and had alzheimers so it wasn't unexpected. he was the first person i've ever known to die and i had a really hard time for the first few days and ...

Do you think Depression gives you a kick in the @rse to do more in life?

Can worry turn into Depression??
Can worrying turn into Depression? I some time worry a lot and some times way to much about things that i do not need to worry about .. can that turn into Depression?...

I found my boyfriends bottle of...................?
i found a bottle of Paxil in my boyfriends cabinet. What should i do? Should i confront him about it?...

Why live when we feel so much pain and suffering?

How do i avoid sleep?
i want to study but i feel very sleepy.as soon as i come from college i feel very ...

Depression?
i have depression, im doing all the right steps etc, the thing is i keep isolating myself, i dont wanna go out with my mates and just have a laugh, i cant find the motavation to do it? its upsetting ...

Can depression??
Two quick questions about depression!

1) Does being depressed make you more irritable towards others and your response when others approach you??

2) Depression - I know it can ...

Suicidal!!!?
I am feeling really suicidal tonight and I am seriously about to kill myself but I don't know why! Here's what's going on. I was in a psych hospital for 2 weeks and they really helped ...

I think I am going insane?
I used to have thoughts of suicide alot, but I dont really anymore. Now my attention is turned towards other people. I dont know what im thinking anymore.

Everytime im in school (im 16) I ...

This may sound stupid but....?
what is so wrong with wanting to die?
we never asked to be born into this world, so why are we always expected to enjoy it and want to live?...

I need help?
today im at an all time LOW! i posted on here the other day, i then went to a doctor who gave me some sleeping tablets coz i hadnt been depressed long enough even though its been 4 months! anyway my ...

Trying not to harm myself..[cut]?

i have a bad temptation to cut myself..
but i have been just scratching myself..
where i would cut.. is this bad?

i also snap.....

Are you LIVING or merely EXISTING?
I know I'm just existing right now, my life is meaningless, I have no purpose. What about you?
Additional Details
I'm 26 but had mental problems ever since I was 12. They'...

I am so depressed can anyone help?
I have suffered depression all my life and now at 32yrs I feel I jus can't cope anymore. I have no confidence left, continually anxious and so confused. I have never liked conflict and I let ...

Please help me, are there any things to help depression besides prescription drugs?
I have taken them twice in the past. Now, I have no health ins. and cannot do that again. I was considering buying St. Johns Wort, although for me in the past it never helped. Is there anything I ...

Self harm?
Okay so....for the past two months I've been self harming and today my friend had a massive go at me for doing it yesterday. I promised her that i wouldn't do it anymore. anyone got any ...

Mercedes A
Someone please exsplain this to me?
does anyone relate to this situation that i am in...i am living with my boyfriend who has bi-polar a couple of yrs ago he decided to quit taking his meds cause he said it was a joke...sometimes he is nice to be around....then there are other times where his words are hurtful and evil...seems like everything is my fault and i am just a big piece of shhh in his eyes...i do care for this guy..but i don't know what to do anymore...i am looking and saving money to move..untill then how do i handle this??

aerial_g2006
Grin and bare because if he is off he meds sweetie your asking for trouble. Please hurry and get out of that situation, I hope he doesn't hurt you good luck!!!!!!!! May the Lord be with you!!!!!!!!!!

pussyeffat
leave him

cortneyartist
Rating
c'mon your CRAZY! i don't care.

sahifaha
Rating
that is so sad, i really do feel sorry for you! i would sit down and talk to him when he was actiing nice and tell him how i feel, if he didn't listen, give him medicine through his food since you love him so much.

AuntTater
Rating
bipolar people really need their meds. a lot of times they DO stop taking them when they feel better. you can't make anyone do anything. you're doing the right thing by leaving.Maybe that will open his eyes to the fact that he needs to handle his business and keep the proper chemical balance in his body. these meds don't work immediately. it takes time for them to get into your system so taking the meds every once in a while won't do any good either.

peewee
Rating
He needs to be on his meds and he needs to stop denying he is bi-polar. That is like an alcoholic denying he has a drinking problem. It will only get worse.

william_walter_larkin
Tell him back on the meds Or You are gone period. I was nearly killed by A bi polar episode You don't want to go out because he looses it.

JeffAV
Rating
tell him to either take his meds or you are leaving

fun2bwithu21
i am scisophrentic and my boyfriend puts up with me through some hard times but i also take my medicine. i know he would break up with me if i didn't but also i would never not take my medicine. something is wrong if he is not taking it. he needs to go to a doctor. everyone that doesn't take their medicine ends up in a mental hospital. tell him that or homeless.

Doug
Hmmmm. You like him but he's wildly bi-polar. Well chances are that you'll just kinda have to make the clean break or you'll end up spending a lot of cycles trying to figure our whether or not you can deal.

tzstylin
i too was in the same situation. remember this is his dis ease (not disease) and you are here as a student. you are to learn about it because you,too, might have to deal with it later in life. learn what the red flags are so you can deal with or avoid it later.
you are NOT the piece of shhhht; he's the one refusing meds.

crazylakeview
I can relate to your situation cause my ex put me through the same thing, only he wasn't bi-polar, just an ahole. I admire you for caring enough to ask for answers but applaud you for watching out for yourself and saving money. Actually since he is bi-polar and is still with you that means that he trusts you and depends on you to take care of things when he can't. You need to try and persuade him to go back on meds (although it is his definitive decision) and if you can't do that, then leave. If he truly loves you, being bi-polar, his love and respect for you should override his stubbornness and he will go back on his meds for you. If not, get out and be comfortable with knowing the best you could and you gave it your all. Cause if he won't go back on his meds when you tell him you need him too, he is a danger to you, himself and others.

Golden Ivy
Rating
Yes he needs to be taking his meds. Most Bipolar patients take their meds feel better and say that it is a silly joke and quit but then that is when things start going wrong and they have a hard time. So do tell him that you love him a whole lot but you will leave if he does not take it. Oh and tell his doctor they may be able to help some too. GOOD LUCK!

Flaming broomstix!
Rating
he should love u enough to take the medicines...let him know how hurtful he cn be and if he really loves you, that's reason enough for him to take his meds...

hot stuff 95
Rating
live wit a frend for a wile or wit ur mom or dad... if he hurts u (phisicly) call the cops ...ummmmm....idk....uh....dont sleep wit him b-cuz he might do something to u wi'll ur sleeping

nick
age 10

binoxi
Rating
I understand completely what you are going through! I'm dealing with regular depression, but my EX-boyfriend was bi-polar. Bi-polar can be a very serious problem. When I first met him he was the sweetest guy I had ever met. He was really fun to be around. He then moved away from Detroit to California and we had kept in touch. Over there he ended up having many problems and attempted suicide. His parents made him move back home so they could keep an eye on him. Well, when I went to visit he was very mean to me, but he would appologize and tell me that he didn't understand why he was saying those hurtful things. I had a hard time dealing with it,just like you do.

Basically you'll have to try to sit him down and talk to him the most calm and nice voice you can think of, almost like you would to a five year old so youdon't hurt his feelings. That way maybe he'll listen to you instead of getting defensive. Tell him how you feel and that you can see a change in him when he's not on his meds. Make him understand that he is being very hurtful to you. Many times someone dealing with these type of illnesses have a hard time keeping a grip on reality and don't realize that what they say IS hurtful.

If he refuses, then you need to evaluate whether or not you want to be with him. Until you move out, try staying away from him or not saying or doing anything that will upset him. This will maybe keep him from being hurtful. Basically don't give him a reason to do these things to you/ You don't deserve to have anyone treat you this way and don't think that just because he's ill he has an excuse. You're doing anything wrong and you shouldn't feel that way! I wish you the best of luck!!!

kielbasa7
Rating
Bi-polar. An easy way to explain a myriad of problems. I'm reading a book right now about getting the love you want. The first thing they discuss is how our expectations in a partner is formed very early in our own lives. Have you ever sat down and talked about what kind of life you want? He may become insecure if he feels he is not making you happy and shows it by becoming angry. Maybe that is how he saw his parents relating when he was young. He knows that everything is not your fault and probably doesn't think you are a big piece of doody, really. Sit down and talk without arguing.

Thistlewood
Rating
move in with a friend until you can afford a new house.

CuddlyFool
I have dealt with this too. The best thing to do is for him to start back on his meds. But with someone with this condition you can not convince them. They have to decide for themselves and sometimes they do. You can try to talk to him when he is being nice if you think it is safe. But I know from experience their mood can change quickly. If he is not on his meds you should not be there. It can be dangerous. I know you care for him but you do not want something bad to happen. Find someone to live with until you have the money to move, a friend, a parent, someone.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy