Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

My Mom's boyfriend Herb says my dreams of becoming an Astronaut are silly. How should I react?
He says I have only wanted to become an Astronaut since I learned that they get to wear diapers during takeoff and re-entry. He seems to have influenced my mom because she says it 'isn't ...

Is it okay when my boyfriend controls my life?

Why do I feel so down?
Latly I have been feeling very down. I have been very tired in the day and very awake at night. I have been crying and I don't even know why. Can any of you tell me why I have been feeling down ...

Calling all addicts!! when your are........?
away from yahooanswers....do you STILL think about it???
like ya can't wait to get back on it?????...

One minute I'm sad and crying in my bed in the dark, and the next minute I'm happy and working out and stuff.
Could I be bi-polar?...

How can i get over sucidal thought's...The more that i fight depression..?
the more my depression worsen's and more sucide sounds like heaven to me..I don't know what to do and i don't know how to be really truley happy...Real smiles and lauph's not fake ...

Cure for anxiety?
I have to do some public speaking next week anyone know any of anything that will help.
Additional Details
anything OTHER than drugs?...

Whats the point in life?
i just dont get it..we work and love..then just die..just die and its all over..and ur gone forever...i just dont get it..i never wanna die im 18 and im starting to know now that we really die..i ...

What can I do when the GP just recomends self help?
I am depressed. I have a stressful job, managing staff as well as the public, and I feel as though everything I do away from work is a mess. I live with my boyfriend of over 3yrs, and I consider our ...

I truely need help, I'm feeling so suicidal?
My mind is really messed up at the moment,Im so depressed, I feel like there is no point in me living another day,Im 19 n have been feeling this way for a very long time now - previously on here ...

Is looking at the toilet paper after you wipe normal?

Anyone have a good way of releasing anger?
i get mad often and i would like to be able to release it ...

When does a Pyschiatrist think you should be placed in a mental hospital?
If someone is told they have signs of psychosis, a mood effective disorder and obsessive compulsions then gets placed on antipsychotics, the person still goes out and drinks on a night out whilst on ...

Someone please exsplain this to me?
does anyone relate to this situation that i am in...i am living with my boyfriend who has bi-polar a couple of yrs ago he decided to quit taking his meds cause he said it was a joke...sometimes he is ...

Am I Emo? I Have To Know!?
I think of suicide a lot. I would never attempt it though. I get depressed EASILY! I get sooooo mad soooooo fast. Most people annoy me. I am usually just never happy. I DONT cut myself. I listen to ...

Are there people out there that really hurt themselves???
I don't get it!!! Help me understand why they do it!!! I'am serious!!...

Why do I cry almost every night? It is because of my bad childhood experience. Do you guys think I am crazy?

What should I have done about a Dr who keeps phoning me at home?
I started seeing a Consultant Psychiatrist about 2 months ago for an eating disorder. By the second session he was discussing aspects of his own life such as the fact he is studying for a Masters ...

Why i see black things fly around all times???Please I need a help.?
I have beeing seeing these stuff more obvious about 3 months.
There every where...they have different shapes such as circle and squre sometimes it's like zigzag. Inside there are small ...

I like to self-harm. Is it so weird?

judles
I am finding it very sad that so many people on this site are talking suicide.?
So many seem to be teens, I have to wonder what is going on. What do other people think?

s l
dont worry about it . it cant be long before there all gone and then things will be fine.

Monet
they want attention. Suicide is a learned behavior

pookiemct07
I think a lot of them are just looking for attention.

burning for you█████████████████
Rating
I think they should grow up and find something better to do.

vanamont7
Rating
Really? I hadn't seen anything like that. I've seen one or two but they seem like cynical types trying to get a rise on the good graces of others. Not too many others, mind you. I'm also wondering if when each of us clicks scanning the questions list if it isn't personalized by user without the answerer's knowledge? Do we all see the same screens? Same questions? I'm noticing I only see certain types of questions no matter what I click to. Weeeeeiiiiirrrddd.

Guthrie W
Personally, I think it's just a cry out for attention and very few are actually genuine.

bmac
Rating
I think MOST of it is just a sad attempt to get attention. They think even BAD attention is ok.

I think it's safe to say that most of us had depression when we were teenagers. It's a stage and it does pass. Yes, there are those who do feel it is the only way out and those are the ones who would never come on here. They just go do it. Those are the ones who make me sad.

Cobalt
Talking about suicide is not correlated with active suicide. Talking about it means that they are healthy enough to know to seek help. Behaviour is a much greater indicator of serious problems.

lovelylj
I think the world is very cynical so much to the point where suicide is a natural thought as a product of this horrible horrible world

Linda
I think it terrible life seen to be very hard on young people today maybe some can start a group here on yahoo to help them and others

T-Minus-10
Rating
Don't do it. WHenever somebody jumps off a bridge, but the live through it, the person always says that as soon as they jump, they regret doing it.

DON'T DO IT.

just me #1
i agree. there was a person I was speaking to from here who posted something real scary and seemed real sad about being alone and lonely, yet when i reached out and tried to be friendly he talked about ending it all... and hasnt posted anything since. ive tried to contact a few other times but i dont know what else to do. i dont know if it was an attention ploy and just a game or serious.

Rewind
Where ever you find teens, you are bound to find that at least one of them is comtemplating suicide. Teens these days are just unable to deal with stress, or they have low self-esteem. Others are in abusive relationships whether with parents or partners. You just have to encourage them to seek help. Suicide and self-inflicted injuries are a serious issue.

Mynx
It's unfortunate that people are suicidal. I know I feel those feelings to a degree every day. It's very hard. Some people are stronger than others and try to seek help. It's no surprise that people feel this way. A lot of people are acting that way because it's "emo"... Which is sad, really.

Timothy Y
Rating
I agree! People need to be more understanding of those individuals. They are feeling so bad they can not imagine tomorrow. Just offer a kind work of encouragement.
Things will be just fine, it just takes time.

Swm 39 4 Younger Swf Forever
PARENTS PUSH THEIR TEEN KIDS A SIDE ..THEY ARE LOOKING FOR LOVE AND END UP PREGNANT AND /OR IN TROUBLE WITH THE LAW.. ALSO THE PERSON THEY HOOK UP WITH ONLY WANTS ONE THING AND DOES NOT SHOW ANY LOVE
PLUS BROKEN UP FAMILIES CAN CAUSE TEENS TO BE DEPRESSED

snapdragon747
Life is tough when you are a teenager, so much peer pressure, grief from parents, stress from school, bullying etc.

I was a teenager once, but I am cured now!

♥ღ♥Mommy to be♥ღ♥IT'S A GIRL
Rating
All you people who say they just want attention, make it worse because you dint CARE! Yea some do, but what about those who REALLY need help! I never thought i could feel that way. But now, I dont even know why Im still alive.

pickle.43@btinternet.com
Rating
I'm afraid suicide and attemped suicide is rife in our culture at the moment. I am a Samaritan and face it almost every day. There is so much pressure put on teens these days, if not real it is perceived. There are so many marriage break ups that affect children, and though I don't believe child abuse has increased, we are just more aware of it, I do believe we are made to think and analyse things more, and this has spread to teenagers. Believe me it is not just rife in teenagers though, but very common in men.

lynda
I agree with you. Life is too short as it is, and to have the need to shorten the time is very sad. All we can do it try and give solid advice and pray for them.

heavenleigh123
It's nothing new...just hasn't been brought to attention in the past when things like Yahoo Answers didn't exist.

I was very suicidal as a teen. My parents thought I was being overly-dramatic and/or trying to get attention. Yes, I *was* trying to get attention AND I wanted to die.

I think many, many people are of the mindset that suicidal teenagers aren't to be taken seriously. They'll probably continue to feel that way until someone they know is one of the ones who actually follows through.

Just because "teenage" problems may seem silly or insignificant to adults...one should remember just how world-shattering and important they are to the teens experience them.

Re Cobalt's Answer: Not true, period. Constant thoughts of death, contemplating suicide and talking to others about suicide are warning signs. People who *do* follow through have often talked about it for a long time beforehand...the cry for attention and for help is just that...a cry for attention and help. The cries that aren't answered are often the ones whose funerals need planned.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy