Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Why do I cry almost every night? It is because of my bad childhood experience. Do you guys think I am crazy?

What should I have done about a Dr who keeps phoning me at home?
I started seeing a Consultant Psychiatrist about 2 months ago for an eating disorder. By the second session he was discussing aspects of his own life such as the fact he is studying for a Masters ...

Why i see black things fly around all times???Please I need a help.?
I have beeing seeing these stuff more obvious about 3 months.
There every where...they have different shapes such as circle and squre sometimes it's like zigzag. Inside there are small ...

I like to self-harm. Is it so weird?

Antidepressants??
Hi,
I'm 25 and have found myself to be very depressed lately. I'm going through a divorce, ect. I have tried Paxil and Lexapro, and both make me very sick to my stomach, which I ...

How do you know when your anti-depressants start to work?
They say it takes around three weeks for it to kick in. Is there a sudden change when it does? How does it feel, not to be depressed anymore??...

Any advice for the partner of someone diagnosed with Manic Depression?
Our relationship is longstanding and I don't want to be scared off!!! I need to understand more how this thing works and just how supportive I can be. Is he better ignored when in a depressive ...

Would it destroy you and send you under if you lost all your material posessions? or would you survive it?
i think it would totally destroy me....my soul would be crushed and my house of cards would come falling down....i dont own many material posessions, hardly any cept a computer, but if i lost that, i ...

How do people get bipolar?
Was they born with it or something, I been hearing people getting it when they where a kid or something. How do people get bipolar disorder....

Im negative?
Im negative about myself is that a bad thing??
Additional Details
Everyone puts me down y not just do it to myself??...

How can i put myself to sleep without feeling tired?
i hate to take medicine to help me sleep. i have alot on my mind. i am a ...

How long does it take to get over death?
my grandfather died 8 days ago. he was 90 and had alzheimers so it wasn't unexpected. he was the first person i've ever known to die and i had a really hard time for the first few days and ...

Do you think Depression gives you a kick in the @rse to do more in life?

Can worry turn into Depression??
Can worrying turn into Depression? I some time worry a lot and some times way to much about things that i do not need to worry about .. can that turn into Depression?...

I found my boyfriends bottle of...................?
i found a bottle of Paxil in my boyfriends cabinet. What should i do? Should i confront him about it?...

Why live when we feel so much pain and suffering?

How do i avoid sleep?
i want to study but i feel very sleepy.as soon as i come from college i feel very ...

Depression?
i have depression, im doing all the right steps etc, the thing is i keep isolating myself, i dont wanna go out with my mates and just have a laugh, i cant find the motavation to do it? its upsetting ...

Can depression??
Two quick questions about depression!

1) Does being depressed make you more irritable towards others and your response when others approach you??

2) Depression - I know it can ...

Suicidal!!!?
I am feeling really suicidal tonight and I am seriously about to kill myself but I don't know why! Here's what's going on. I was in a psych hospital for 2 weeks and they really helped ...

broken1819
How can i get over sucidal thought's...The more that i fight depression..?
the more my depression worsen's and more sucide sounds like heaven to me..I don't know what to do and i don't know how to be really truley happy...Real smiles and lauph's not fake or forced....I don't know what to do poeple that's why i'm asking you so please leave your best answer

je t'♥
Rating
God can help you get through anything. He loves you!!!

eve j
first of all you need to know that if you wanna beat depression u need to get tough. don't even consider suicide as an option believe me nothing in this world is worth ending your life over. try to find out the cause of your depression n if you already know it fix it. get help. professional help would be good but if you cant, talk to someone, parent (preferably) cousin, friend any one who you trust and can be completely honest to n some one who cares about you too. any time you feel really bad like your gonna do something to your self call a friend or some one you talk to about your depression and tell them how you feel talk to them until you feel better. start keeping a journal or a diary of how you feel, when and why (and be honest) i know it sounds useless but it really helps. DON'T SIT IDLE an idle mind is just an invitation for depressive thoughts so keep yourself busy. do things that make you happy that you like, like listening to music (not sad songs plz), or go on nature walks something relaxing. surround yourself with people you like n make you happy. the most imp thing LOVE YOUR SELF and remember you control your life its up to you to make it better or worst. really hope you feel better. god bless.

leesharoo
Hi there.. i am sorry you are going through this and I hope there is someone you feel you can talk to.. no one can understand what you are going through but from someone who tried.. i can tell you that it helps just to let it out even if the whole time you think there is no way they could help..

Please don't do anything.. the fact that you are asking here is amazingly brave and a great step.. little steps at a time.. you should sit and make a list of things you like.. i know it may seem dumb or like there is nothing but even if it is small... like a food or a favorite color start with the list and surround yourself with things on the list.. that is a start

aussie_lol
Rating
There are so many people that want to be as lucky as you. So many with problems that think that suicide for a girl like you would be such a waste.

There are a few ways to win over your feelings.

1/ Maybe some of the people you hang out with are not helping ... look for other areas that might give a different range of people to know. Clubs, churches, choirs ... whatever you have been good at
2/ Talk to someone that has suffered more than you and gotten over it. If you think problems stem from 5ex or home or weight or school, talk to someone. A school councillor or psychiatrist can help work out what the source of the problem is so you can see the right people.
3/ There is a saying, "I used to complain I had no shoes till I met someone without any feet". Try volunteering some time with people that need more help from you. The more physical the work (meals, cleaning,) the better.

If there are people that hurt you badly, write each one a letter. You don't have to send it to them ... just get some things out that you are holding back inside. This will let you see your thoughts about them on paper.
Resentment will hurt you more than them. They are not worth hurting yourself for. See them as for the rubbish they are and be successful in spite of them.

Good luck and God bless you
My prayers are for you and all that are hurting so badly.

ronaldr763
Rating
I am Bipolar. That means I go way up (happy) and way down (suicidal). I couldn't fight this myself, and neither can you. The first thing is to get some help. Go to a psychiatrist and they will put you on some anti-depressant drugs. It may take some time to get the right drug, and the right doseage, but it will happen if you stick it out.

I know exactly what you mean when you say death would be heaven. I too put forth fake smiles and laughs. God will help you if you ask Him. YOU CAN'T FIGHT THIS YOURSELF, GET PROFESSIONAL HELP!

I was diagnoised in 1980. Since then I have tried to commit suicide two times. My God was with me and I failed each time. I was alone and no one knew, but my God was, and although I am not healed and never will be (some are though) because of my degree of the disease, I feel better now than I ever did, and I am able to function to some degree. I was let go of my job in 1994 because of this, but Thanks To God, I am still here. I would not want to go back to those days for any reason. If you do what I suggested, you too will walk away from this terrible disease. DON'T PULL INTO YOUR SELF AND LET NO ONE IN. IF YOU DO, YOUR PERCENTAGE OF SURVIVING IS MUCH LESS. I DON'T WANT THIS WORLD TO BE WITHOUT YOU, BECAUSE YOU ARE ONE OF GOD'S "KIDS", AND HE WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU. I will pray for you, and you pray too.

God Bless You :)

Horsense
Rating
Can You Be Truly Happy?
- How to Find Real Happiness
http://watchtower.org/library/w/2001/3/1/article_01.htm

Why Does God Let Us Suffer? ...
http://watchtower.org/library/g/2004/3/22/article_01.htm

Why God Has Permitted Suffering
- The Issue of Universal Sovereignty
http://watchtower.org/library/dg/index.htm?article=article_06.htm

Understanding Mood Disorders
- Tormented Minds
- Living With a Mood Disorder
- Hope for Sufferers
- How Others Can Help
http://watchtower.org/library/g/2004/1/8/article_01.htm

What Is Your Life Worth? ...
http://watchtower.org/e/20050201/article_01.htm

Hope--Where You Can Find It!
http://watchtower.org/e/20040422/article_01.htm

An Inheritance You Can Count On ...
- “The Meek Shall Inherit a Paradise Earth”---How? http://watchtower.org/e/20041001/article_01.htm

Life IS Worth Living! :
- A Worldwide Problem
- Why People Give Up on Life
- You CAN Find Help!
- How Can You Help Someone Who Seems Suicidal?
- "Will God Forgive Me for Feeling This Way?"
- Have You Lost a Loved One to Suicide?
http://watchtower.org/library/g/2001/10/22/article_01.htm

Shauna Kasey
i've read through all of these answers and i don't really have anything to say that hasn't already been said... My Mom always dreamed of having a daughter someday, and she was in her 30's when she finally had me. i'm her only daughter, and now i'm the age she was when i was born. i couldn't imagine taking myself away from her... that is one of the most personal things i've ever shared with anyone, and i don't really know how it will specifically help you, except to say that there are people who love you in this world. there are people who would miss you terribly if you weren't here. and when we're at our worst and in our darkest state of mind, sometimes we think suicide is the only way out of that darkness... but it's not. i wish you all the luck in the world with getting well. you deserve to be happy! : )

cheers,
Shauna!

<<~*Autumn*~>>
Rating
Suicide is permanant. For you and for your friends and family. There is always something to do to get help. I had a friend [she was only 16]commit suicide in November, and it is the worst feeling in the world. Don't put anyone through that pain. There are suicide prevention hotlines that will help you and there are counslers in every city. Please get help.

Steve H
You say that the more your depression worsens, suicide seems more like heaven. I dont think thats true. For example, its like you're holding your own hand over the top of a lit candle (the depression), you see it, you feel it and the longer you hold your hand there the worst that pain gets. All you gotta do is remove your hand from the flame and the pain goes away or allows for the healing to begin. you need to find out what your flame is so to speak and move your hand away from it. Dont give up, thats the worst thing you could possibly do.

kiwi
I understand completely. Real smiles and real laughter can be a dream or a goal that seems so far away. And I can relate to that.

I've been battling a condition called major depressive disorder (MDD) since I was 12 years old. I am now 20, almost 21; and have attempted suicide 3 times. That's almost 9 years. For 7 of those years, it felt so lonely. I felt like I had to wear a mask for the world, so that no one would know and hold it against me. Fake smiles, fake laughter... it was terrible.

When I turned 18, I moved out of my house (my parents/family were of the impression that mental disorders is just someone's attention-getting attempt, and not an actual medical disorder... wow are they ever wrong, but anyway) and went to University. It was there that I decided to take off the mask and let people see me for who I am. And despite my pessimism, the people who I call friends were there for me, and helped me so much. I remember the first time I truly smiled- September 25, 2004. It was a friends birthday... and I felt for the first time in a long time that I belonged. My friends were there for me every step of the way.

Even now I have to battle MDD. It isn't something that will "go away" because it is caused by my brain not being "wired" right. I still have to stop and tell myself that no one is judging me, and that even if they were, it wouldn't matter.

My suggestion: find someone you can truly talk to. Talk to a school counsellor, or a psychiatrist. Talk to your friends. Build a network of people you can trust so that when suicide sounds like a good option, you can call them and they will listen and be with you until you feel a bit better. I won't say just "better", because that would be belittling your feelings.

The other thing that helps me is to make a list of what I want to do every day. As you go through, check things off. Celebrate what you accomplished, but don't worry about the things you didn't.

At this point, the big picture can wait. Look at the little accomplishments and draw strength and pride from them. It is the little things that will make you stronger, and the more you give yourself credit, the better you will feel.

You are a worthwhile person, and you deserve to smile and laugh for real. It is the best feeling in the world, and I know you will feel it someday soon.

As well, a couple other things have helped me on the tough days. You know- the days where you just don't feel like getting out of bed and facing the world.
Quotes:
"When it gets dark enough, you will see the stars"
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you will land among the stars"
"If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it."
"God doesn't make mistakes."
"For everything there is a season, a time and a purpose, under heaven"

I also love the poem Desiderata. I have a poster of it that I read every morning for inspiration to get me through the day.

I hope some of this helps- even if all I've managed to say is that you are not alone. I understand your pain and your struggle. I know the mountain you climb is steep right now.

But I also know that you are strong to have come this far, and by writing your question, I know that you are not a quitter.

Don't give up! You can make it through this.

Hope this helps.

chris w
Please dont even harbor thoughts like that ! nothing is worth taking your own life for sweetie! they are many wonderous reasons to stay alive even if you dont believe it Jesus loves you and would be so hurt if you were to commit suicide plus thgink of all the other people in your life that you have touched that would no longer have your smile to share.Please talk to your pastor or someone you trust about these feelings of despair,pray! the Lord has many things in this life for you yet to discover! please stop by my 360 page or e-mail me if you need an annonamous friend to talk to...dont do anything rash hun please! God bless!

Butch
Rating
you need to see a doctor and probably be put on an antidepressant. suicide is serious. are you just fantasizing about it or seriously considering it an option? suicide is not an option. please see a doctor. antidepressants will help. being depressed isn't your fault. it's due to a chemical imbalance in the brain. it's nothing to be ashamed of either.

kelly-il
Rating
Suicide is forever - there's no turning back. Some say suicide is the easy way out. Go talk to someone. Try some anti-depressants. Have you seen a doctor? Have you been diagnosed? Are you anxious? Do you have obsessive thoughts? Suicide is quitting - don't do that. Go to about.com and look at their depression/anxiety web-site. There is so much info over there. Get help.

glenda576
Rating
1. Exercise
2, Drink water with 2 tbls. apple cider vinegar in an 8 oz. glass of
water 2 x day,
3, Drink glass of water every hour you are awake.
4. Start a diary. Write down all your dreams and impressions
about life. What is making you depressed. Write stories.
Do this for 10 minutes a day every day.
5, Pray.
6, Help someone less fortunate than you.

personkid
The following is an answer that I wrote for someone else's question, that is very similar to yours. SOrt out the parts that dont' apply to you when you read it. Keep in mind that I wouldn't've posted if you didn't matter. So here goes:

You may be clinically depressed. Talk to your doctor about that.

You may need some sort of meds. IF you've been on meds, then it depends how long you've been on them. Going on and off them will not help you. You have to STAY on them, stick with it. Sometimes meds can take a while (I'm talking about a month or longer) to REALLY start working. By going off of them, you're not giving them enough time to really work. Just keep trying. Just take them regularly, and if they still don't work then talk to your doctor.

Also, it has been said that people have more control over their bodies and minds than they think. It's said that the average person only uses about 17% of their brain power or something (which is not to say that we're all stupid, but that's the way it is. Albert Einstein didn't use too much more brain power than that, it's said). It may seem corny or stupid to you, but willpower is a KEY and VITAL role to getting better. If you believe that you will get better, then it will drastically improve your chances of actually getting better. Just think to yourself that you CAN get better, as corny as it may sound.

Have you listened to the news lately? Many people committing suicide, homicide, kidnappings, rapings....does the world honestly need any more of that?

Also, don't be selfish. There are other people to consider in this situation, other than yourself. Your parents, siblings (if you have any), friends, relatives, colleags/peers, teachers, co-workers (if you have a job. and if you don't, maybe you should, to occupy your mind), that guy/girl that you wave to everyday on your way to school, boss (again, if you have a job), boyfriend (if you have one. Don't be upset if you don't though! You don't need to have a boyfriend to have a good life!), etc. How would all those people feel if you did this? Consider what their lives would be like without you. The utter and complete...well, there really aren't words to describe losing a loved one. I'm sure you know what it must feel like, whether you've lost a beloved pet, friend (even if they just moved away, it's still a loss), relative, family member, etc. And don't say that they've let you down before, because this being a life or death situation is MUCH, MUCH different.

And don't say no one cares about you. Because, honestly, if no one cared, if *I* didn't care, then why would I be writing this?

Someone else said something like this in reference to your question but just: "take some time to smell the roses" you know? Do something that you've never done before. Something wild, crazy, fun, exotic. Even something so simple as dressing differently, changing your hair style, etc. Or do something that you believe in. Go to a rally, be a better student, be nicer to people, help out, treat others the way you want to be treated, try the best you can, give life your all.

westbergindustries
being 62 and having lived with those thoughts since I was twelve and lost my Dad to suicide, I urge you to seek professional help. I thought I was tough back then and could handle the depression, but it keeps cropping up and robbing me of a truely happy life. Happiness is only temporary until the next depression. Get rid of it now girl. Professional people will care and help you through it.

maddy
Rating
Dont do it, i beg of you do not do it. You obviously dont know me, but i care for you. Suicide is a thing that not only ends your life but hurts so many other people as well. Think about your parents. The grief that they would be struck upon them.They brought you into the world for a reason,right? That reason wasnt suicide. It was to live a happy long healthy life. Think about your friends, they might love you more than you think.Why were they brought upon you? To help you, to understand you, and even if you dont make the right choice in one friendship think of all the other ones to come.Think about the guy you like he,might like you back. There is always someone. Just someone that loves you no matter who you are, how you are feeling, or how you look. Someone that will protect you , and care for you when you are sick or injured. Suicide is a selfish thing to do, do you love you family? do you love your friends? If yes then why take yourself away from them? Please seek help. Open up to your parents or sisters or brothers or friends. And if you trly want to, then before you take the thing that will take your life, take a moment and think...Do you really want to? Dont you have a dream you want to fufil? A guy you'd wanna chase? A place you'd want to travel?A person you'd want to meet? Do you really want to? If I helped thats great, but if not answer the question that ive left you. Think about it. Life is already short enough.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy