Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Are there people out there that really hurt themselves???
I don't get it!!! Help me understand why they do it!!! I'am serious!!...

Why do I cry almost every night? It is because of my bad childhood experience. Do you guys think I am crazy?

What should I have done about a Dr who keeps phoning me at home?
I started seeing a Consultant Psychiatrist about 2 months ago for an eating disorder. By the second session he was discussing aspects of his own life such as the fact he is studying for a Masters ...

Why i see black things fly around all times???Please I need a help.?
I have beeing seeing these stuff more obvious about 3 months.
There every where...they have different shapes such as circle and squre sometimes it's like zigzag. Inside there are small ...

I like to self-harm. Is it so weird?

Antidepressants??
Hi,
I'm 25 and have found myself to be very depressed lately. I'm going through a divorce, ect. I have tried Paxil and Lexapro, and both make me very sick to my stomach, which I ...

How do you know when your anti-depressants start to work?
They say it takes around three weeks for it to kick in. Is there a sudden change when it does? How does it feel, not to be depressed anymore??...

Any advice for the partner of someone diagnosed with Manic Depression?
Our relationship is longstanding and I don't want to be scared off!!! I need to understand more how this thing works and just how supportive I can be. Is he better ignored when in a depressive ...

Would it destroy you and send you under if you lost all your material posessions? or would you survive it?
i think it would totally destroy me....my soul would be crushed and my house of cards would come falling down....i dont own many material posessions, hardly any cept a computer, but if i lost that, i ...

How do people get bipolar?
Was they born with it or something, I been hearing people getting it when they where a kid or something. How do people get bipolar disorder....

Im negative?
Im negative about myself is that a bad thing??
Additional Details
Everyone puts me down y not just do it to myself??...

How can i put myself to sleep without feeling tired?
i hate to take medicine to help me sleep. i have alot on my mind. i am a ...

How long does it take to get over death?
my grandfather died 8 days ago. he was 90 and had alzheimers so it wasn't unexpected. he was the first person i've ever known to die and i had a really hard time for the first few days and ...

Do you think Depression gives you a kick in the @rse to do more in life?

Can worry turn into Depression??
Can worrying turn into Depression? I some time worry a lot and some times way to much about things that i do not need to worry about .. can that turn into Depression?...

I found my boyfriends bottle of...................?
i found a bottle of Paxil in my boyfriends cabinet. What should i do? Should i confront him about it?...

Why live when we feel so much pain and suffering?

How do i avoid sleep?
i want to study but i feel very sleepy.as soon as i come from college i feel very ...

Depression?
i have depression, im doing all the right steps etc, the thing is i keep isolating myself, i dont wanna go out with my mates and just have a laugh, i cant find the motavation to do it? its upsetting ...

Can depression??
Two quick questions about depression!

1) Does being depressed make you more irritable towards others and your response when others approach you??

2) Depression - I know it can ...

rapiddominance123
One minute I'm sad and crying in my bed in the dark, and the next minute I'm happy and working out and stuff.
Could I be bi-polar?

alpha_aszzo
are you in drugs......???????? your so idiot to ask this question???

shawna
Rating
That's the first thing I thought of. Here is some info on it.

Bipolar Disorder or Manic Depression - Bipolar disorder, also known as manic depression, is characterized by cycling mood changes, with episodes of depression alternating with episodes of mania. Typically, the switch from one mood extreme to the other is gradual, with each manic or depressive episode lasting for at least several weeks. When depressed, a person with bipolar disorder exhibits the usual symptoms of major depression. In the manic phase, symptoms include hyperactivity, rapid speech, and impulsive behavior.

Please go get checked out. It is a very serious condition, but also can be very treatable once you get on the right medication.

radrictheomen
Yes that is the very definition of bi polar

spiderhedron
You very well could be, but you need to see a real psychiatrist to get a real diagnosis -- and, more importantly, meds to help....

Chronic
Rating
How long do you mean by "one minute"? Because if you mean on and off through the day, it's probably not Bipolar as most (Note, I said most.. it can happen) Bipolars don't cycle that quick... I'd be more inclined to think it may be Borderline Personality Disorder or Cyclothymia.

WTF
2 things, number one, u might have bi-polar disorder, OR number 2 you've have delt with ur problems, and have accepted them, and have let go of the stress and pain so maybe thats why

Orichalc
Rating
I think it is normal , it is no use getting upset all the time. I think that is better than being sad all the time, as long as the problem which make you sad is resolved, or you can forgive the person who caused your sadness.

Jeffrey P
could be... I know bipolar people who have had good success with Lithium.
See a mental health professional , please.

johnny m did you mean speak?
Rating
try jesus!

zelin
First of all Manic deppresion is Bi-polar, they are not two different things and yes, more than likely that's what's happening, you brain isn't producing the right chemicals, or enough chemicals to stabalize your moods. You could get a number of medications for this, visit mytimeforchange.com

Peter F
Rating
Hello, I am interested in your Case because I have suffered clinical depression for many years. It is obvious to me that you have a mental problem and it can be fixed. I am no doctor and suggest you seek out a psychiatrist who will be able to help you with this problem. It is no stain on your character to seek help in this way. I assure you that if you do not deal with these violent mood swings, the situation will only get worse. There are drugs available to help you. I suggest that it may be to your advantage to have a short stay in hospital while they assess your case. They may have to try several drug combinations until they get it right. My experience is that when you have the right drug combination you will no longer have this problem. I hope this is helpful to you - Peter

Just_gone
Rating
Very likely:
http://www.dbsalliance.org

chersgaz
You have left a lot of information out. Your age male or female. Bi-polar mood swings can last for a long time in each cycle. When you are bi-polar and on a "high" normally you do things that you would never normally do. Please go see a professional and get yourself diagnosed correctly. If you are at a certain age and female it could be hormones.

Nunoyvgvna Awi
Rating
bi-polar
heavy lead in house (old house, normally paint and pipes)
extremely high levels of caffeine
totally imporper diet (as in all junk food, snacks)

armytrooper247
Rating
Are you in Iraq that goes on alot here esspecially if your marriage is in trouble?

fanta
Rating
sounds like you are as i am so know how you feel but it could also be your age go to the doc cant hurt

Snoopy
Rating
Yes. You may be suffering from manic depression , or bi-polar disorder. However, there may be something else going on. In many cases, manic depression can be identified with a blood test. Talk to a psychologist/psychiatrist about your symptoms and allow them to test you.

william
it sounds more like you suffer from depression.
Then the endorphins from your work out make you happy

mari
Rating
Possibly. Get checked.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy