Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Antidepressants??
Hi,
I'm 25 and have found myself to be very depressed lately. I'm going through a divorce, ect. I have tried Paxil and Lexapro, and both make me very sick to my stomach, which I ...

How do you know when your anti-depressants start to work?
They say it takes around three weeks for it to kick in. Is there a sudden change when it does? How does it feel, not to be depressed anymore??...

Any advice for the partner of someone diagnosed with Manic Depression?
Our relationship is longstanding and I don't want to be scared off!!! I need to understand more how this thing works and just how supportive I can be. Is he better ignored when in a depressive ...

Would it destroy you and send you under if you lost all your material posessions? or would you survive it?
i think it would totally destroy me....my soul would be crushed and my house of cards would come falling down....i dont own many material posessions, hardly any cept a computer, but if i lost that, i ...

How do people get bipolar?
Was they born with it or something, I been hearing people getting it when they where a kid or something. How do people get bipolar disorder....

Im negative?
Im negative about myself is that a bad thing??
Additional Details
Everyone puts me down y not just do it to myself??...

How can i put myself to sleep without feeling tired?
i hate to take medicine to help me sleep. i have alot on my mind. i am a ...

How long does it take to get over death?
my grandfather died 8 days ago. he was 90 and had alzheimers so it wasn't unexpected. he was the first person i've ever known to die and i had a really hard time for the first few days and ...

Do you think Depression gives you a kick in the @rse to do more in life?

Can worry turn into Depression??
Can worrying turn into Depression? I some time worry a lot and some times way to much about things that i do not need to worry about .. can that turn into Depression?...

I found my boyfriends bottle of...................?
i found a bottle of Paxil in my boyfriends cabinet. What should i do? Should i confront him about it?...

Why live when we feel so much pain and suffering?

How do i avoid sleep?
i want to study but i feel very sleepy.as soon as i come from college i feel very ...

Depression?
i have depression, im doing all the right steps etc, the thing is i keep isolating myself, i dont wanna go out with my mates and just have a laugh, i cant find the motavation to do it? its upsetting ...

Can depression??
Two quick questions about depression!

1) Does being depressed make you more irritable towards others and your response when others approach you??

2) Depression - I know it can ...

Suicidal!!!?
I am feeling really suicidal tonight and I am seriously about to kill myself but I don't know why! Here's what's going on. I was in a psych hospital for 2 weeks and they really helped ...

I think I am going insane?
I used to have thoughts of suicide alot, but I dont really anymore. Now my attention is turned towards other people. I dont know what im thinking anymore.

Everytime im in school (im 16) I ...

This may sound stupid but....?
what is so wrong with wanting to die?
we never asked to be born into this world, so why are we always expected to enjoy it and want to live?...

I need help?
today im at an all time LOW! i posted on here the other day, i then went to a doctor who gave me some sleeping tablets coz i hadnt been depressed long enough even though its been 4 months! anyway my ...

Trying not to harm myself..[cut]?

i have a bad temptation to cut myself..
but i have been just scratching myself..
where i would cut.. is this bad?

i also snap.....

Kristin H
I truely need help, I'm feeling so suicidal?
My mind is really messed up at the moment,Im so depressed, I feel like there is no point in me living another day,Im 19 n have been feeling this way for a very long time now - previously on here people recommended me to see a doctor but it is not that easy for me - im finding it SO so hard to communicate with ANYBODY including my mom, Ive tried my best to get the courage to speak to her about it but every time i am too afraid, Ive lost all contact with friends so I cant talk to them n Im too afraid and nervous to visit the doctor alone - Im a total nervous wreck at the moment, my hands are shaking right now while typing this, I have thought that I might try to see the counsellor at college and try get some advice from him or her but again I am too nervous and I cant stand living like this another day, I guess my question is does anybody hav any advice on what to say to the counsellor if i go?We also have a doctor and a psychiatrist at college,Im so confused...

Moofunk
Rating
Have you looked at it this way- is carrying on like this worse than the anxiety of asking to see your college psychiatrist?

As for what you want to say, you'll be dealing with an experienced professional who will put you at ease and make the whole process as easy as possible for you.

I'm sure you can do it.

Good luck Kristin.

Canuck
Rating
You've come to the right place. Look how many people just offered for you to e-mail them. Why not try and get some things off your chest by asking some specific questions on this site. There are literally thousands of people waiting to help you out.

datgurlx3
Rating
look deep inside you and think about all the good things you have in life! would you be happy inside if your loved ones left u? i dun think you would. that is how ur friends & family would feel! talk to your conselor about why you feel this way. trust me, i had once been in the same position as you! if you need someone to talk to, you can always ask me for my screen name or email adress!
:)

putonyourflipflops
Please hang on in there....if actually writing all this down is helping you maybe keep a journal to take with you .It is sometimes easier to express ourselves in the written word. You have every reason to seek help ...don't give up ..help is there and once you have taken that first step you will start on the path to recovery.Good luck.
maybe calling the Samaritans might help too ..as they're not face to face with you..sorry I don't know the number but I am sure its easy to find.

icon_star
Rating
Just talk to someone, ANYONE. You can do it and believe me it helps!! I have seen a therapist and was NOT into the idea of going. When I first went in I just sat there and said nothing and cried. He/she is experienced with this and will not judge you, and will not even make you talk until you are ready. They will ask you questions and make you feel comfortable. Please dont be afraid, this feeling is not permanant and there are GREAT things in your future. I have been there and thru it all. Im not going to lie, I have been on and off anti-depressants since I was 16(now 25), but they make a world of differance for me. And every day is worth living!!

Earthangel
Rating
It is very easy for people to say go to your gp - but if you are feeling that depressed it can be hard making the first move. I will say on that side that the counsellors are used to getting people to "open up" and talk about their problem so after a few minutes you may find it gets easier to talk. And once you have managed to get started you may find absolutely everything comes out and they can start getting you on track for getting better.

If its the face to face talking you dont think you could do - could you try phoning the Samaritans and talking over the phone.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you get the help you need

Liannaa.....
Rating
I felt this way once and a very caring person ended it right quick for me when she took me to the cemetery to show me the graves of recently deceased young people!
One inscription read" The grave is a very lonely place
but none I know do there embrace"

We all go through those dark times, believe me Life is a gift, it is warm and colorful, and it can be so fun!
Someone offered you their e-mail.......you have made a friend already, you can also contact me!

owusuj_1981
Hi,
Either the doctor or the psychiatrist can guide you in what is the best possible dirrection you can take, more so the psychiatrist.
you must see that you DONT have to have a speech prepared when you speak to a proffessional, they are there to make YOU feel confortable, and nothing is fast and intense, they are very gradual, and everything is step by step they hold your hand throughout.
I understand how you feel sometimes talking to those you love or are close to are not the right people to confide in, they often are emotionally tied to you to see the bigger picture or where your feelings or thoughts are coming from and going toward.

It is the best advice to see help from a counsellor, ASAP, you are right you can't go on feeling how you feel, nothing will change over night, but I promise, the fact that you have gone on line and asked for some sort of help means to say you are on the first steps to feeling just OK, then you will feel like you can communicate (in your own time) with family or friends... but you have to take that step and seek help from a proffessional try and find where these feeling are coming from and how you can control them and try and adapt yourself to ordinary day to day living.

Please if it helps feel free to contact myself, im a stranger totally impartial and sometimes it helps!

take care and good luck, I hope you can get through this

Sazzy
Rating
If you in Uk, then call the Samaritans 08457 90 90 90.
If in ROI call 1850 60 90 90

They will KNOW how to help you, and they have real experience in your sort of dilema. Darling, there's a solution to this, but we may not know it on here...Samaritans will help you more than we ever can.
I wish you well

dancerbabe
Rating
You may have depression or some other kind of psychiatric disorder. I don't know your personal issues that you are going thorugh but when (NOT IF) you go see a counselor tell them exactly the emotions you are going through and that you need help. Also, tell them of your suicidal feelings and they may be able to prescribe medication or solve your problems through counseling. My prayers are with you, and remember that things will get better and nothing is ever bad enough to end your life.

xyzzybaluba
I empathize.

Just start talking. You will be surprised how easily your feelings flow once you get started. It is easier to talk with a stranger, you may not believe me, but it is. Good Luck and remember...the teenage years are the worst!

.MaRiBeL.☆.MoRaLeS.
i feel tha same way.
but i'm hangin on.
if u feel that bad do somtin else dont kill yourself.
get help, i mite if i think tha same way.
=]] cheer up...its a part of life.
people love you.

Lolly-Ann
Rating
Ok, the first thing you have to realise is that this isn't permanent, however much it feels like it right now.

I went through what you're going through now for over 2 years, and it was only after taking an overdose that I got help. But the pain and suffering it caused my family and friends is something that I should never have put them through; my mum didn't understand why I hadn't just spoken to her and asked her for help.

I know what you mean though, about speaking to your mum - what do you say? "Mum, I want to kill myself."? I don't think so.

Going to see your college counsellor is a really good plan. They will have experience in dealing with the way you're feeling, and will know what to do. They'll be able to give you unbiased advice and won't make you feel that you have to say or do anything.

Just book an appointment with them and say that you feel really low. They will know how hard it has been for you to get to this point, and will ask you the questions (Do you feel that you sometimes want to kill yourself? etc) - all the things you would want to tell them, but don't feel able to.

It's so brave of you to recognise that you need to take the first step, much braver than I was. Don't let it end with doing what I did, because the pain of that will live with me forever, let alone what it did to my family and friends. I know it's a cliche, and I know (believe me, I know) that it doesn't feel like it in the slightest right now, but how you're feeling is temporary. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Stay strong, you can make it through this, and you'll come out so much stronger that you ever were before.

My thoughts are with you honey.

~~~~~~~~
Rating
You need to be very brave and speak to someone life doesn't have to be this frightening I know I have been exactly like you and let me tell you it's natural also to behave and feel the way you do and to show this to someone who can help you is the best thing you could do for yourself please believe me it's true, once you have got yourself past that first hurdle which will be hard I know you will begin to relax and feel comfortable to speak freely and if you can't the person listening is there for you and will be very patient with you I promise this is the only way you will make a full and complete recovery and then just think of all those doors that are waiting for you to go through life's great but we have to put effort into as well Good luck my darling I really do wish you all the best and the fact your reaching out here shows your on the right path just go for it only good can come from your own self .xxx

geoffrey\
my dad killed himself when i was 4 and i've blamed myself ever since,

please dont do it

just think of ur family even if u dont talk to them they will think it was there fault for not helping u or not being with u more

Kattrina G
Rating
yeah you can send me a message too, i am pretty good at getting back to people. don't end your life it has only just begun.

blackshadow
go to a couselor u feel so much better after releasing your feeling plus they ask question that are based on how u feel

Lee Lee
Rating
Do you know what it is that's making you feel suicidal? It's very easy for people to say go to the doctor but the reality of it is, you just can't, it's hard to tell someone, face to face, how you feel. Email me if you'd like and we can go into more detail :)

jiltedjohn71
Rating
Would you like a chat I will give you my email address. A problem shared is a problem halved. Kind regards

Jules
Rating
Hi Kristin

I realise how hard it must be for you to voice how you are feeling, I hate trying to voice my own feelings especially to strangers like a Dr or psychiatrist.

My suggestion would be to write down how you are feeling, what is distressing you the most, your fears and worries, anything and everything that you can think of. Also, print out what you have written here.

Then decide who you would feel most comfortable telling this to, arrange to meet with that person and take along what you have written down. If you find yourself unable to talk, then ask them to read what you have taken with you. It is a good way of letting them know how you are feeling without having to say too much.

Please also try these links to the Mind website

Understanding depression:
http://www.mind.org.uk/Information/Booklets/Understanding/Understanding+depression.htm

How to cope with suicidal feelings:
http://www.mind.org.uk/Information/Booklets/How+to/How+to+cope+with+suicidal+feelings.htm

the information is easy to read and understand.

Please try what I have suggested and make a start at getting the support, help and treatment that you deserve and need.

Hope this helps.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy