Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Am i Fatt?
I Am 13 5'3" 3/4...And 106 Lbs. I Think Im Fat...
Answers Please...?
Thankss
:]]...

Is 115 pounds fat?
my friend Jackie thinks shes fat . shes 115 pounds and i think
shes like 5'4.do u think she iZ fat or iZ she just freaking out
like i think? oh ya and she is 14....

My boyfriend says im fat. I am 5'7 and 102lbs. Should I lose weight?

Am I overweight???
I know everyone asks these questions and they are really not but i need your guy's help.

I am btween 12-17 yrs. old, 5'3-4 and i wiegh 180-200 lbs...i need some help...if you ...

How much water should a person drink per day?
My cousin doesn't drink as much water as she should. I'm encouraging her to drink more water per day, but how much? She's 12 years old, and 5'2" & 117lbs.
A...

Am i TOO underweight?
I'm 13, 5'5" and weigh 85 pounds. Everyone is like oh you look so anorexic do you have an eating disorder? I'm like..no. Even my teacher one time asked me if I had a problem with ...

What kind of milk do you drink??
i drink fat free skim milk....it's really not THAT bad......

Tell the truth r u fat?
be ...

Am I overweight? I keep getting different answers and different weights I should be??
Im now 14, 5'9 160 pounds

Should I be 100 pounds (somebody said this but It really seems awkward and anarexic)

Im going for 140 pounds being normal but I dont know if thats ...

My friend called me fat?
Lately my friend has been really nagative toward me. I bought a really cute top at hollister and she convinced me I look terrible in it. I got blonde highlights in my hair and she told me I should ...

AM I FAt???
am i fat?
i am 5'3
i weigh 175 lb
is tht fat??
i think its normal

i eat a lot like i have..
breakfast
brunch
lunch
lupper
supper

How can i gain weight?
i need to gain some healthy weight, my whole family is REALLY frikn skinny and i try really hard to gain weight and its impossible.
any suggestions? i dont wanna become a fatty-mc-fat-fat though....

Am i Fat? Please answer!?
I'm 13, 5ft 8 and i weigh 118lbs !! am i over weight and i'm really thinking of going anorexic should i???...

Hi i weight 240 and i am 17 how can i loss weight?
i need help lossing weight please help with giving tips and pills name brand that i can buy to loss weight thank ...

Is it normal for a 11 year old to weight 480 lbs. at the height of 4' 9"?

What are the worst foods to avoid when dieting?
I need a list of absolute "NO-NO's" while I try to lose weight....

Am i too skinny??
im about 5'2 96 pounds...
should i loose some?
Additional Details
soryy i meant gain!!
i dont wanna loose weight ill ...

Am I fat? Is my stomach big?
http://s127.photobucket. I am the one whithout the towel...The taller one...
I feel like my Stomach is huge...And it ...

Hwo can i get skinny without not eating?
i am chubby and wanna be skinny!...

Is drinking Coca-Cola everyday bad for you?

Spark
Why do people eat over 300grams of protein is healthy?
Sure it helps build muscle while it restores it. But is everyone aware that too much protein is bad for your kidney's. If so, they why take soooo much protein??

stephen
Rating
when building muscle, ppl eat from their body weight to twice their body weight, so it really depends on how big the person is

Mary
Rating
well its mostly bodybuilders that need protein to repair their muscles from those intense workouts they do and obviously to keep some energy.

mike k
lv is completely right...if someone is bodybuilding and is 315lbs they will need more than 300 grams of protein for their diet...most bodybuilders consume 1.5 to 2.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight...also diets high in protein and low in fat yield great results..dont be so harsh..there has been no proof that excess protein is rough on your kidneys..there have been claims and speculations but not finalized results

Da Nerd
they wanna be macho man. show off their biceps and abs.

Playboysmurf
Too much protein can cause gout and it painful.
Most people think that when bulking up they need huge amounts of protein, it all depends on your bodytype. If you are a thin build and you try to bulk up using weight training and high protein diet you will find it difficult to gain weight. Try having a normal amount of protein, and high carb diet to bulk up. It worked for me.

The reason it works is your body tries to burn the protein as energy and this is very inefficient, giving poor results.

Some fat people try to use high protein diets to lose weight. Cutting down on carbs and fat. This would probably work. and is safer than the alternative, being a morbidly obese person.

Armando L
There are some really good post here and some very clueless post. Eating to much protein has become known as an urban myth. Recent studys have shown Active males consuming 3 g per lb of body weight and all subjects were fine. For active individuale a well proportioned diet will look much different than those who are not active. When the body uses more enrgy common sense its going to need more.

Armando
www.orbitnutrition.com

Seriously...!!!
Rating
300 grams would only be needed by someone already "Man-Mountain" sized to help him maintain.

Anyone else is wasting time and effort because the body will only absorb what it needs. Small muscles can't possibly absorb as much as larger ones.

texasbeu2y
Rating
because they want the muscle more than they want their kidneys.

Dr. Rojas
Rating
Actually, that is a lot of protein for one person (unless they weigh 833.33lbs). This protein intake will definitely lead to ketoacidosis which is bad for the kidneys (according to a study done by the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center).

The RDA for protein (according to the US Dietary Reference Intake Committee) is formulated as follows:

RDA for average sedentary adult=
BW (body weight ib lbs) x 0.36

Active adult: BW(lbs) x 0.4-0.6
Growing athlete: BW(lbs) x 0.6- 0.9
Adult building muscle mass: BW(lbs) x 0.6-0.9

So, if you weigh 200 lbs and are an active adult, your RDA of protein (based on a 2000 calorie diet) would be 200 X 0.5=100 grams of protein.

If you weigh 833.33 lbs and are assumably sedentary, your RDA of protein would be 833.33 X 0.36= 300 grams of protein.

So yeah, I would say that 300 grams of protein is way too much for the average person.

Another point about protein is that while muscle fibers are protein, dietary protein is not needed for muscle growth (muscle growth is fueled by carbs and fat before protein even comes into play)

doodahfree2rhyme
I agree completely. I personally lift a lot of weights and eat a lot of protein, but I am aware that an excess of anything is harmful for the body. Eating 300 g is terrible for your body. You may have huge muscles, but in 30 years that wont matter. What will is the taxing you put on the kidneys.

Nick
that much protein is stupid... I have always heard eat your weight in protein

charlie b
I've seen kidney stones that come from doing stupid things like this and kidney stones are one of the most painful things to deal with.

champen
Rating
For bodybuilders of a certain weight training with a high level of intensity, 300g per day may be appropriate. Most people aren't consuming that much protein indefinitely, it's a temporary thing to achieve a certain amount of muscle mass.

There's a classic rule of thumb in bodybuilding that says you should be consuming 1g of protein per pound of body weight per day in order to gain mass quickly. But some people may consume more or less depending on their body type and their goals.

chr1s
Because ten pounds of muscle weighs more than ten pounds of fat =P

No but seriously, the fact that the more nitrogen molecules you take in, could be used for a more muscle growth and science has not yet proved that an excessive amount of protein is detrimental.

GuitarMaster
Whoaaa, that is a lot protein!!!!!!!

charlie c
Rating
I'm a little confused by your question...did you mean to say that taking in 300 grams of protein in unhealthy? The answer is...it could be...the ideal protein intake amount in generally 1.5 grams per pound of body weight.. I weigh 175 lbs so my intake should be at least 263 grams a day...I eat 4000 calories a day and my workouts are intense so my body will easily tolerate 300 grams...To answer the second part of you question...yes it could be a problem taking in far more then you really need..the body will waste what it can't use anyway. I get almost all of my protein from food sources. That, combined with with my workouts allows me to easily hit the 300 gram mark....and I've been near that for some time now, but it's not to say that much is for everyone...A friend of mine I train with weights 285 lbs and he tries for 450 grams a day and it works for him without a problem...if those protein grams are mostly from sources other then food it could cause some digestive problems...and that's where most have an issue with it...Chose your diet plan carefully, follow a hard workout program and it won't bother you at all...Yes, protein is the building block of muscle, but there's a lot of supportive food that's needed in the diet to go with it...70% of how you will look as a result of working out will come from your diet, 20% will come from your routine and maybe 5% or so from supplements that work for you....it's all about the diet.

anc_xx
Rating
They think that protein=muscle therfore, they inhale it like vacuums.

Unknown....
Perhaps they weight over 300 lbs? The more lean muscle mass you have, the more protein it takes to maintain. If you're trying to maintain 200 lbs of muscle, you're going to need a minimum of around 200 grams of protein. That's just the way it works..
No different from women that diet down to 1200 calories, don't get enough of any vital nutrients, don't eat fiber because there's 'carbs' and otherwise sacrifice their overall health to achieve a look..
Most bodybuilders do eat pretty clean though, so they typically aren't eating tons of saturated fats, trans fats and junk food. No soda, no high fructose corn syrup etc.. Most of them also know that with that amount of protein that they MUST drink about two gallons of water..
Sure, excess protein may be a strain (or it might not), but, when you consider how many people don't even drink the recommended 8 glasses of water a day, body builders probably aren't that far behind the pack in kidney health anyways.. Constant dehydration which afflicts much of the population is just as much if not more strain on the kidneys..
You've got to pick your poison I guess.. I choose a more balanced diet myself, but, I still eat around 150 grams of protein a day.. I also meet most of my nutritional needs, plenty of real fiber, good fats, etc..

Thizzelle Marley
Rating
I've lifted for several years I'm not enormous but I know a lot about it and the actual recommendation is between 1 gram of protein for every 1kg (or 2.2 lbs) to 1 gram for every 1.5 lbs. I weigh 205 so for optimal workout recovery and muscle gain I need to take anywhere from 93 grams to 137. I don't know who takes 300 a day your body can only convert 30 grams of protein an hour so it's pretty pointless to have that much in the first place.

wolfy
Rating
i eat food that has protein but under 20 grams even snacks that have protein but never over 300grams

shikamo
False info, you basically want to eat up to the amount of protein that you weigh, if you are a body builder. If you aren't a serious body builder, than be careful how much protein you are eating, IE red meat, cholesterol, etc.

I ♥ Rain (Katie babe)
well,
*maybe they are vegitarian
*maybe they need it
*maybe they care more about how they look than their health
*maybe they think its wrong
*maybe you are wrong
*maybe, who knows?

=0)
♥Katie

ironpump
Rating
Actually usually it is 200-250 grams of protein and they drink lots of water so it gets flushed out the kidneys.

Rachel S
well yes because of it building protein,
but also because it keeps you from eating junky food,
or breads/crackers.

It helps fill you up so you dont feel hungary,
it hits the spot none the less.

newbirth35
Rating
It depends. If it's a male bodybuilder, 300g might not be too much. It's it's a female couch potato it would be way too much. I try to get 1g for every pound I weigh - the minimum recommendation for a female who lifts weights. I could push it as high as 1.5g for every pound and still be within limits. But I only weigh about 140. Today's meal plan gives me 173g and I and my kidneys are in perfect health according to my last test results (which were only 3 weeks ago).

David O
Rating
They are more interested in how they look on the outside than future damage to their kidneys.

Kyle R
What's your source?

We consume 300g of protein a day to get RIPPEDDDDD! >=D

dopaminerush
Depends on how much they weigh. 300 grams could be perfectly fine if they weigh around 200 pounds.

Mirius
Perhaps because just because everyone knows something doesn't make it true.

There is no conclusive research that too much protein is bad for the kidneys, it's just another urban myth.

lv_consultant
protein utilization is increased with high intensity resistance training. so those that lift heavy weights regularly need and can utilize much more protein than the sedentary individual. as muscle protein turnover increases so does the protein requirements. 300 grams is too much for many and for some not enough. you only need to maintain a positive nitrogen balance in the body to keep it in an anabolic state. for most this is around 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass, not total bodyweight.

there is not one single medical study that shows decreased kidney function from a high protein intake in a non-sedentary individual.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy