Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Should I go anorexic?

Additional Details
I am really thinking about it. I am like 5`1 and wigh about 98 pounds. All my friends are skinny. what do i do?...

Im 13 and I weigh 122 lbs. and im 5foot. Am i over weight?

Should a 12 year old take diet pills???
????????????????????...

Are you tall or short?
i think..considering the size of people my age i'd probably be average or a bit below ...

What should I have for breakfast that not fattening?

Does making yourself sick after a meal help you loose weight?

Drink 4-7 diet cokes a day. am i going to die?
earlier than i would have anyways....

Am I Fat?????
I am 5'10'' and 125 pounds. I think I am a little fat. How can I lose weight quickly. (Like a week or two)...

One word response to this. Size 00?

How do I lose weight for a wedding in 54 days, I am the Matron of Honor?
I need to loose 20 pounds or more for a wedding in June, I was just asked to be the maid of honor this afternoon, help!!...

Are eggs good or bad for you?
How often can you eat them?...

How can I lose 50 or more pounds in 1 month?
I do not do well with swallowing pills so those are out of the question. I do not wish to have stretch marks and drooped skin once I do lose the weight. How can I go about this?...

I'm 15 and 5'8" tall. Is that really tall for my age?!?

Need Help Losing Weight and Keeping it Off?!?!?
I know I know. I'm asking this question again because last time I asked I didn't get that many answers and the answers didn't really help me.
Ok so I'm trying to lose 4 ...

Do you think I am fat???
i am a 13 year old girl and i already weigh 165 pounds, i am about 5'6", am i over weight, here are some pictures of me
http://i225.photobucket....

Do you think you are fat?

How can Cheese Pizza be that bad for you?
Now I know pizza is considered a high fat food. And I understand with pepperoni and other meats on it, it becomes greasier. However what about just plain cheese pizza? Cheese may have fat but it is ...

What is a good healthy snack to eat in the middle of the day?
i'm trying to start eating more healtier before school starts and get in shape. And i get hungry between the normal 1 o'clock time i eat lunch and dinner. Latley i've been eating ...

What's your height, weight and age?
Just ...

OMG! I just ate a huge bag of potato chips! What should I do?

maria
Hi i weight 240 and i am 17 how can i loss weight?
i need help lossing weight please help with giving tips and pills name brand that i can buy to loss weight thank u

Black Sabbath
Weight loss pills don't work, and some have been known to kill people. Exercise and limiting food intake are the two steps to losing weight.

oilman11977
Rating
Try a sensible diet plan instead like South Beach or The Biggest Loser Club. So much better than pills.

olskooldeva
I am currently overweight now and I am approaching 40. Getting yourself in shape now is the best thing that you can do for yourself. The older you get, the harder it will become. I am currently using walk away the pounds and turbo jam. I also joined weight watchers which really is a great program. Like people have said before, you will need to change your eating habits and become more active. If you do those two things, you should lose weight. Do it now, while you are young. Don't wait or you will only gain. Get a exercise buddy so you can motivate each other. I know that it seems hard now, but you can lose the weight.

daybuydaysheit
Rating
Dang, fatty.

You need to eat about half the portions that you're normally eating.
I know that will make you hungry all the time, but tough. It's called self-control, chubby.

Stop looking for shortcuts. Taking shortcuts is what got your lazy butt weighing 240lbs in the first place.

Eventually, your stomach volumn will shrink down to normal size and you won't be so hungry. But since you've been stuffing your face for so long, it will probably take a long time for that to happen.

Phillip R
Rating
wow, thats borderline morbid obesity. call (800) JENNY-CRAIG. You need it, and owe it to yourself. dont live life like a fat american! lose your weight. overweight people give americans a bad image. you never see super duper fat people in the UK like this. learn to control your self image and eating habits as well!

trevors30
Rating
that's one of the problems with United States. You don't need pills. You need discipline and a good workout program.

b.dorman
wow why lose weight?! u sound gawgus..... if u lose weight u probly get excess skin and aswell a sthat u find it harder 2 get a b/f... curves r sxy... and at ur weight u got nice bust, a big *** but not 2 big and yes u probly have a belly but they r sxy aswell... as relli skiny girls r turn off 4 alot guys althou they nver admit it as it might as well b a guys bodys.. eshealiy around the hips, thigs and stomach where as curves are femine and sxy... if u wanna chat like on msn or sank jst e-mail me @ benblueice009@gmail.com btw im 16/m/uk

rayess00
Its a gift from a wise man!

When you start a meal! always stop before you are full! ... Dont ever be full .... and try to do some practice... if you wish faster ways... I would give you full program ;0 )

doom_1602532
Rating
Quit eating so many cupcakes....

Neil
Rating
Don't be lazy and use some silly medication.

Just play sports and exercise. Don't go have a boring hour on a treadmill, go play a sport. There's fun and exercise to be had.

Don't eat too much and watch your diet.

Follow the Food Pyramid.

Lalana
Rating
Exercise...it can be things you like like bicycling or swimming. But every day for at least one hour. Gradually build up to it. Start with 20 min. each day one week, then 30 min...40 min...50 min. finally one hour. Start on a lifestyle diet. That's one who stay on your whole life. Don't skip meals. Very unhealthy idea, but there are foods which you can eat and cannot eat. Don't eat junk! Cut down on sodas, pototo chips and a hundred other snack foods. Eat more vegetables and fruits. Drink a lot of water. Especially when you are hungry! It will cut down on how much you eat. And, see a doctor...get your cholesterol and glucose levels. Have your thyroid checked. It all messes with your metabolism and you can actually gain weight even if you are working to lose it!

futterbly79
Rating
The best way to lose weight and keep it off is to maintian a healthy diet and life style.

Start by going for walks everynight. Or incorporate cardio into your daily rutines somehow. Also, cut back on the carbs. Check out the south beach diet.

Diet pills no longer work now that Ephedra has been banned in the US. There is nothing a diet pill will do for you without the diet and exercise.

DUH!
Rating
I don't know, try out for football!!! You would be great!!!

Andres
well i'm an european so 240 is like Chinese to me... my tip:swimming, running training and believe it or not extreme sports. yeah. you have no idea how fast you can loose weight that way. last year i lost 15 k. in one month....

guy_from_there
- The bills will help you only in the first couple of months.. it curps your appetite.. but you need to stop it by Max. the third months..
- Make a plan, that eveyday you have to workout about 2 hours. OR even more if you like.. but take it easy in the begining .. cause if you start hard you will fed up in no time. If you are not a Gem fan, walk or run everyday for .. lets say a mille.. and evetully extended the distance.
- In the begining stop all the deserts and fatty foods.. that means you will need to stock on fruits ( Apple is the best , Grapes are the worest due to the sugar amounts in them) Also it means that if you go to school.. you will need to prepare your own healthy lunch ( like all wheat bread with Turkey and lettuce, tomato.. whatever you like.. and usually you can always eat 2 sandwishes and you will be fine)
- Then way down the road when you reach half your weight goal.. you can come back to all kinds of food ( even desert) but in very limited quantities.. and you fill the gap with the healthy food,

Katie
Rating
the only way i lost weight was to exersise and skip meals..so useing the pills never really works i can tell you that

Christian King of Spain
dont skip meal reduce the amount you eat excersice alot everyday and drink tons of water a day if you want to take pills try hydroxycut it works pretty well.

Britton J
Exercise...4 laps of your high school track every day for now...then increase or walk across country or pick the mall but you have to walk around it four times before you go inside. go for a hike in the local state or county park... get away from the TV... I'm 59 and weigh 400 pounds and I have been doing this along time... watching your fat intake and calories and walking is the best thing for you to do... I'm glad your recognizing it now, cause if you don't do somethin about it now your destined to be like me... You have caught it soon enough to change it, but you have to be committed. Stay away from fast food, its high in fat and salt.. Here's a hug... :) Take care of yourself and you'll look back later and realize how wonderful it is to be alive.

If I had to do it all again, I'd do things more athletic, like camping hiking, concerts, water skiing, snow, beaches, mountains... get out and enjoy life...go to school... I'm 59 retired and back in College and I love it cause I'm learning so much...

bush_kills_for_god
You also need help with spelling and grammar. Are your parents still around? Doesn't seem like you're getting good guidance in life.

pretty7
hi

look this worked wonders for me ,Always get the right information and then start.

If you are serious about losing weight, the calories in the food you eat should be less than the energy you use. You will have to increase your metabolic rate now, and plan your diet carefully.
Formulate your own weight loss plan and you will lose weight faster. More details available at http://tinyurl.com/m7ckx

Good luck

loveblue
Rating
The most effective way to lose weight and keep it off is to find a weight loss plan you can live with and combine that with exercise you find enjoyable, so that both of the above becomes a routine part of your day. Once you get that nailed, your goal should be to lose a maximum of 1-2 lbs per week, after the initial weight lost during the first 3 weeks or so. Don't try any of the crazy weight loss plans out there. You just need to eat a balanced regular diet. Try to eat 3-4 servings of fruit and veggies a day, keep high fat foods to a minimum and just get your body moving and you'll do fine.

I lost 105 lbs (really slowly - it took me four years) on Weight Watchers and I haven't gained one pound back in four years. One more thing - the first 30 days of a weight loss plan is the most difficult, because you're trying to establish a routine. Once you get past the 30 to 45 day mark successfully, you have a really great chance of going the distance.

I wish you GREAT success with this. Losing weight is hard, but the payoff is like nothing in the world.

shirley b
Rating
what's with people using diet pills`?-this has always side effects and with your weight it could affect your heart.
You have to cut off with junk foods, eat three times a day, if you find strawberries on your part of the country, take it in between meals, otherwise eat raw carrots. Drink a lot of water-stop taking sodas or sweet drinks.
Take mint tea at least once a day. Take long walks.

meeko6811
Yes you can. When I was 16 I weighed 230 lbs. To lose weight I ate healthier foods, cut back portion sizes and gave up soda completely. You should watch your calorie intake, fat intake (especially saturated fats and trans fats, avoid consuming trans fats completely if possible), and sugar. Many people don't realize that sugar is one of the leading causes of weight gain. When first consumed sugar gives you energy but after a short while you will tank and that sugar will turn to fat. Don't pay attention to the low-carb diets either. They do work for a while but carbs are essential for healthy body function and if you don't get enough you will get cranky and then you will binge eat because of it. Believe me I know I tried it. Also avoid white breads as much as possible. Go for whole grain breads, cereals, snacks etc. Exercise is also important when losing weight. Cardio and weight training are great. So far I have lost 60 lbs. But after my weight loss I plateaued. No matter what I did I couldn't lose anymore weight, it is incredibly frustrating. So about two weeks ago I started taking Hydroxycut and have began to lose weight again. Hopefully I will reach my ideal size within the next 6 months. Just remember that it is possible, you just have to stick to it.

Fat G
Rating
Top weight loss tips

Today there is too much information available on losing weight that has become more confusing and sometimes difficult to follow. It’s actually very easy to lose weight if you follow my weight loss tips.

* Be in right frame of mind
Before you can start any diet program you need to be in the right frame of mind. If you do not feel good about yourself you probably will not want to choose healthy foods. You cannot expect the act of going on a diet to make you feel better about yourself. The only way you can choose to eat a healthy diet to lose weight is if you have a positive self-image.

* Eat whole food
Top weight loss tips
Eat whole foods that are as natural as possible. When you eat whole foods that are full of nutrients your body will know how much to eat and how much not to eat. You do not have to count calories because your body is a wonderful machine.

* Eat fresh fruit
Eat at least two servings of fresh fruit every day. Choose whatever type of fruit is in season.

* Drink enough water
Drink the best weight loss supplement known to man, water. Most people do not know the difference from being hungry for food or thirsty for water. A great deal of times people eat when they should drink. Most likely you will not feel as hungry if you are getting enough water. You will be satisfying the thirst, which is confused for hunger. Water also helps you digest food better. Drinking water before you eat will help fill you up.

* Always chew your food
Always chew your food well. Chewing your food well will ensure that you get the most nutrients out of your food. Getting the most nutrients will satisfy your body therefore you will eat less. Another benefit of chewing well is that it helps aid in digestion.

* Take small meals
Eat small, frequent meals in a day. Large meals tax your digestion system, making it work harder. Taking too much time in between meals makes you hungrier for the next meal.

* Include protein at meal
Include good sources of protein at meal, chicken, fish, legumes, peanut, cottage cheese, eggs or yogurt.

* Shut off TV while eating
Shut off the TV whenever you eat – that includes meals and snacks. Studies show that we automatically eat larger portions when we snack in front of the tube, and typically those foods are high in fat and sugar, which means excess calories!

* Increase your physical activity
Increase your physical activity. Most people are over weight because of a lack of physical activity. Start walking more, bicycling, walks your dog for longer periods of time, swim, dance and leave the car at home when you can. It’s important that you choose a physical activity that you enjoy because you’ll stick with it.

STROMBOLI-KRAKATOA JR
Quit eating (cut your food intake by 3/4 and you will ooose weight for sure, get active, and eat healty) Only eat 25% of what is on your plate and eat slow...

You will win...

PuntaCorvo 66
Please do not take pills to loose weight. They are very bad for your cardio vascular system and end up burning away at muscle tissue rather than fat. To loose weight, you have to be dedicated and have some sort of support group.

I would suggest weight watchers. You are still young enough that a change in your eating and exercise habits will make a huge difference. Old habits are much harder to break so please do not put this off too much longer.

I have struggled with my weight my entire life and I just wish I had made my lifestyle changes in my teens rather than having to do it now.

Good luck. You can do it!

kristina
Eat anything u like and any quantity but make ita point to chew it nicely and makeit a pulp before u swallow. Drink plenty of water.
This way u can eat and reduce without sweating. give a try. all the best. This helpedmeto shed 3 kilos ina month.

Achman
Eat less. This is is an answer from a friend. BTW eating less is easier than eating more. It is free of charge!

YellowBone06
Sure! Get up early in the morning I'll say around 6:00a.m. and go to the gym or you can jog around the neighbhood you stay in but not by yourself! Always have someone with you! Then excercise in the afternoon! try to excercise twice a day! Now for your diet;only eat three meals a day(Breakfast,Lunch,&Dinner).Eat lots of green foods like spinach,peas and other green foods! Eat lots of fruits and veggies and try to eat fish twice a week. If you feel a food craving coming on,just take a light jog or a walk somewhere safe. Now for the drinks. Drink a lot of water and milk,juices! Try not to drink anything with caffeine in it like coffee or soda! Soda make you gain a lot of weight! Just don't drink caffeine after 2:00p.m. alright.I hope I helped you out a little1 Good luck my friend!

DNC Invert
Rating
Put down the video games and start being active. You won't live long if you don't.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy