Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Am I overweight???
I know everyone asks these questions and they are really not but i need your guy's help.

I am btween 12-17 yrs. old, 5'3-4 and i wiegh 180-200 lbs...i need some help...if you ...

How much water should a person drink per day?
My cousin doesn't drink as much water as she should. I'm encouraging her to drink more water per day, but how much? She's 12 years old, and 5'2" & 117lbs.
A...

Am i TOO underweight?
I'm 13, 5'5" and weigh 85 pounds. Everyone is like oh you look so anorexic do you have an eating disorder? I'm like..no. Even my teacher one time asked me if I had a problem with ...

What kind of milk do you drink??
i drink fat free skim milk....it's really not THAT bad......

Tell the truth r u fat?
be ...

Am I overweight? I keep getting different answers and different weights I should be??
Im now 14, 5'9 160 pounds

Should I be 100 pounds (somebody said this but It really seems awkward and anarexic)

Im going for 140 pounds being normal but I dont know if thats ...

My friend called me fat?
Lately my friend has been really nagative toward me. I bought a really cute top at hollister and she convinced me I look terrible in it. I got blonde highlights in my hair and she told me I should ...

AM I FAt???
am i fat?
i am 5'3
i weigh 175 lb
is tht fat??
i think its normal

i eat a lot like i have..
breakfast
brunch
lunch
lupper
supper

How can i gain weight?
i need to gain some healthy weight, my whole family is REALLY frikn skinny and i try really hard to gain weight and its impossible.
any suggestions? i dont wanna become a fatty-mc-fat-fat though....

Am i Fat? Please answer!?
I'm 13, 5ft 8 and i weigh 118lbs !! am i over weight and i'm really thinking of going anorexic should i???...

Hi i weight 240 and i am 17 how can i loss weight?
i need help lossing weight please help with giving tips and pills name brand that i can buy to loss weight thank ...

Is it normal for a 11 year old to weight 480 lbs. at the height of 4' 9"?

What are the worst foods to avoid when dieting?
I need a list of absolute "NO-NO's" while I try to lose weight....

Am i too skinny??
im about 5'2 96 pounds...
should i loose some?
Additional Details
soryy i meant gain!!
i dont wanna loose weight ill ...

Am I fat? Is my stomach big?
http://s127.photobucket. I am the one whithout the towel...The taller one...
I feel like my Stomach is huge...And it ...

Hwo can i get skinny without not eating?
i am chubby and wanna be skinny!...

Is drinking Coca-Cola everyday bad for you?

Why does my tummy get bigger & bigger even thou I ceased eating rice at night?

Do you think I'm fat?
I'm 13 and 5'4........I weigh 119 pounds........My best friend says no your not fat.........but I always feel fat........What's your thought?...

Why is it easier to gain WEIGHT than to loose it?

Lucas M
I need 2 lose weight i have 2 weeks i need a FREE way to lose 12lbs in 2 weeks please help.?
if its more than 2 weeks don't answer/ please help. and if u r going 2 tell me its not heathy dont answer .i need answers that will help me

dont call me shirly
its call running

tatted_fatgirl
well if you have a high calorie intake,3500 calories= 1 pound.so if you dropped 1750 calories from your diet a day you would lose half pound a day and with lots of exercise it may be possible...who knows.

blade
Try swimming and lots of exercise and going for a really fat free diet. Don't forget to drink lots of water as well.

WillowTree
Rating
I call it the carrot/cardio diet.

For food: Eat 1 large carrot every 2 hours, 6 times a day for the next two weeks with a gallon of water every day. The hunger pangs will set in after the 2nd day. Ignore it and your stomach should start shrinking by the end of the 1st week.

For Cardio: Run. As much and as often as you can. Pushups. As much and as often as you can

Running and pushups works the entire body.

You will definitely lose the 12 lbs. To continue keeping it off, keep the cardio exercises, but introduce some lean meat and more veggies and fruits into your diet after the 2nd week. Also start some light weight training.

Good luck!

Robert H
Rating
You need to cut out all carbs, all fat and as many calories as possible. try to count calories and eat less that 2000 per day. combine this with a lot of sweating. Try to ride the exercise bike - GOOD LUCK.

KuaziBaller
Rating
Yeah water weight is what you will loose in 2 weeks. drink a lot of water the first 10 days. like a gallon a day. Which shouldn't be hard casue you shouold be exercising a lot. and then continue to exercise and eat well(5 small meals) until d-day.

HELLO1
Rating
well you probably hear this alot but, sit ups, crunches are better, joging because for one your sweating and thats burning fat and calories, DONT EAT BREAD and dont eat in between meals oh and no junk food obviously!!! trust me, do this eveyday for two weeks and your good. hope this helped. GOOD LUCK!!!

Jane
Rating
make a plan and eat tuna and drink alot of water
EXERCISE

Carol
eat less ( you have to eat healthy and when i day eat less i dont mean starve yourself) eat in smaller portions. dont eat after 8pm and run your a** off

trivia buff
Rating
Drink gallons of water! Walking, moderate exercises, cut your portions of food in half! Do not eat bread for 2 weeks. Make sure your food is baked not fried....you should be good to go....Good Luck

Aundine
Rating
Look.... Every single body is DIFFRENT. You and I could do the same plan and have drastically diffrent results. You should find out what type of body you have... My body is the type that needs lots of aerobics or cardo to loose weight. I don't necessarily need to eat correctly. But, there are some people who don't eat and loose weight rapidly. It DEPENDS. There are also people who work out everyday and never loose weight or get any stronger. DO SOME RESEARCH!

Five pounds in a week is pushing it. You want to loose the weight, but you NEED the time. You can end up loosing the weight, but what's the point if you end up hospitalized over it?

♥-Love-♥
excercise vigirously (but not until you faint) only eat healthy things, and not junk food.

sightbringer
There is no FREE way to lose weight. You need to eat but if you eat four to five small healthy meals a day, exercise vigorously(wear sweats) 1 to 2 times a day you should be able to lose about 10-12 lbs in two weeks.
I would suggest no fast food, no junk food. Eat vegetables like carrots, lettuce, and tomatoes; drink lots of water; eat lots of fruits like bananas, apples, peaches, grapes; eat more at breakfast and lunch then dinner and exercise after breakfast and before dinner. That way you get nutrients in to your body before you start your exercise in the morning because you have been resting. Then before dinner so your body will burn what you eat. For dinner eat healthy meats, if any at all, chicken, and turkey in palm-size portions or a little more.
Good luck.

vanillarose627
Rating
Start your first 3 days of the 2-week diet eating only raw fruits (the best ones for weightloss are papaya, pineapple, grapefruit, cantalop, black/blue/raspberries, and cucumber).. after that, drink only raw, fresh-squeezed juice for 4 days (if you don't have a juicer, use a blender.. and strain the pulp).. for the next 2 days, drink only herdal or green tea (no sugar or milk! only alittle honey or stevia).. the day after that, do a water fast.. then go back to juice for 2 days.. and the last 2 days eat soft raw foods like banana puree, melons, or a fruit smoothie (that you made yourself.. no sugar, make it half fruit/ half water).

Go walking for 30-45mins 3 or 4 times a week (or more =D!!)

Eva Unit Aammar
Alright first off, to the people saying excercise and do sit ups, that can actually make you gain weight...if you go running, you'll lose some fat, but you will build Muscle, which weighs more than Fat.

I would suggest just drink LARGE amounts of water, that will speed your metabolism and help burn some excess fat.

Also, walking is generally a great idea...DO NOT RUN, but just take a brief walker, drink lots of water. Its the easiest way, Water has no calories, it flushes your system taking out alot of junk with it.

holdingmybreath
Rating
-join a weight loss support group

http://www.3fatchicks.com/

-lots of exercise (cardio and strength)
-low calorie, low fat diet
-lots of pineapples (they have chemicals that help get rid of bloating)

nicole
fruit shakes.. vegetables, fruits and cottege cheese.. but you'll be hungry for those two weeks like you wouldnt belive.. but hey it works.. it cleans you and shrinks your stomach and you'll deff loose weight

Heather W
I started trying to lose weight and have been successful at losing 7 lbs in 10 days so far. I'm not starving myself and I have not been doing excessive exercise. I have cut back on what I eat. I completely cut out pop and fast food. I eat smaller portions and snack on healthy stuff like fruit or veges when I get bored at work during the day. I try not to eat too late in the evening and drink more water. I also have been putting a Crystal Light powder in one glass of my water each day that is supposed to help boost metabalism (it has Green Tea in it.) I have been more active at home and doing minimal ab work outs a couple of evenings but have not gotten into a good routine yet. I'm trying to lose 20 lbs by November so I thought I'd start out slow. Hope this helps and good luck!

sarafern21
Rating
Losing weight that fast is not going to be permanent but if you're doing it for a special event or something, this will work. Go on a clear liquid diet - chicken or beef broth, sugar free popsicles, unsweetened tea or diet soda as well as lots of water. You're going to be really hungry and probably have headaches and be grumpy as heck but you will lose the weight. Unfortunately, as soon as you start to eat real food again, you'll gain most of the weight back.

savithri_gopalan
take watermelon, lemon juice with honey in the morning, for lunch some oatmeal with salads,
drink lot of water, and have very light dinner.
No meat , cheese, junk food. Run run for atleast
1 hr. or till you sweat profusely. Cycling and swimming also slims the body.
savithri

♥SHYN3NA♥
hey i am tring to loose weight too in a month!
have u tried [LI-DA] pills?
they are 100% natural, no secon side effects, no exercise needed[unless u wanna loose more!].
they are 50$, but they are REALLY worth it! trust me, my aunt lost 10 lbs IN TWO WEEEKS! with out work out!! [google it]

-other wise drink ICE COLD water.
jog 30 mins twice a day.
no eating after 6pm
unless its water.

dont drink NOTHIN else exept water..
and have a GOOOD breakfast.

good luck =]

hello_moto
wake up at 7 am
eat an orange or apple for breakfast w/ wheat toast
run/walk/bike for 1 hour
eat 3 sticks of celery and low fat ranch for snack
drink 2 glasses of ice cold water
rest and do what ever
run/walk/bike for 1-2 hour(s)
if there is a pool available at your house/High school pool/community pool/beach swim for 1 hour
have 2 glasses of ice water and veggies or fruit for a snack
for dinner have 2 glasses of water a salad with chicken, lol fat and cal dressing and a piece of whole wheat bread
run around the block 3 times
if you watch TV or something do push ups/ sit ups in commercials
have air popped popcorn(not microwave) with light butter for a snack
drink some more water
optional-excercise for another 30 minutes

repeat repeat repeat

veggie recipe
satee peppers,onions, carrots, anything you havea long with steak seasoning and *optional* steak meat.
with just veggies and seasoning its only 51 calories for 1/4 cup

chew gum too if you get hungry *sugar free*

chrylmichell
Walk and do a lot of steps. You already know that is to much to lose. But, i understand the frustration. Just start moving and cut out all the white sugar and foods that have a lot of white sugar in them. Go for veggies and lean protein.
But get moving and walk, dance. run and do any many steps as possible
Good luck!!!

Red
Rating
You're contradicting yourself there, you say "don't tell me it's not healthy" and then you say, "I need answers that will help me".

Well, any answer OTHER than "It's not healthy" won't help you a bit ;)

chamaka
Rating
Eat less, drink alot of water and EXERCISE alot!!!!!

rebeck08
when you find that miracle tell me! (; haha

kaytee2012
Rating
well its not healthy so it wont help you...maybe if you didnt get fat in the first place you wouldnt have this problem! its unhealthy to lose more than two pounds a week!

Aes
make a excersise plan and a diet plan. take everything you would normally eat and cut it in half. its all about portions.

LadyJeanette09
They say that Special-K will help you lose weight fast in 2 weeks, I'm not certain how much weight, though. A friend of mine used it to lose weight to join the Air Force.

Lauren (:
follow this until your happy ...

-get up in the morning and run on the treadmill,until you burn 500 calories or more (if you dont have a treadmill, run or jog around your block, or take a really long walk) REMEMBER TO KEEP HYDRATED !
-once your done have a fruit salad (ex : apples,bananas,mangos,any fruit you like, atleast 3 different fruits) and a glass of water .
-relax until its lunch time .
-when its time for lunch, on whole wheat bread, have a ham turkey, or whatever meat you like sandwich , with water, or v8
-then do sit-ups, sets of 5 (atleast do 40 a day)
-as a snack,have carrots, or celery, without dressing !
-then later in the day .. run on the treadmill,until you burn 500 calories or more(if you dont have a treadmill, run or jog around your block, or take a really long walk) REMEMBER TO KEEP HYDRATED !
-and for dinner have chicken made in a pan or on the grill, vegetables,fruit,and a piece of whole wheat bread with no butter,and water or v8

switch up the meat,fruit,and vegetables if you want .
and as a treat buy some weight watchers ice cream bars .
also for lunch, have a weight watchers meal, they work too !
or have some plain pasta for dinner .
if you want consist your diet of weight watchers .
no candy,chocolate,anything high in sugars/calories .
NO SODA ! and try to take in only 1500 calories a day !
hope i helped (:
20 hours ago - Edit - Delete

kraftykaitlin
Rating
Okay, this is going to be difficult, just so you know. Spend at least one hour a day exercising - preferably cardio, like running. To burn calories you need to sweat for an extended period of time. For dieting, I recommend you find a small notebook and record how many calories you eat in a day. Don't consume greater than 1500 calories, unless you normally eat twice that or more. Remember - no deserts! And the only drinks you should have are unsweet iced tea and water. Lastly, set a goal for yourself. Say, "I know I can do this! I just have to eat right and exercise." If you want to keep all that weight off, by the way, you can't go back to your regular eating/exercising habits. This is really the only free way to lose weight that I know about.

Recommended foods:
Lean Cuisines
Fruits & Veggies
Green Tea
Special K Bars
Lean meats, i.e. chicken and fish

Excersizing:
Running/jogging
Swimming
Lifting weights
Pilates/yoga
Exercise tapes

Tips: Rid your house of all junk food, and make sure your getting at least eight hours of sleep each night.

Good luck!
~Kaitlin

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy