Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Should a 12 year old take diet pills???
????????????????????...

Are you tall or short?
i think..considering the size of people my age i'd probably be average or a bit below ...

What should I have for breakfast that not fattening?

Does making yourself sick after a meal help you loose weight?

Drink 4-7 diet cokes a day. am i going to die?
earlier than i would have anyways....

Am I Fat?????
I am 5'10'' and 125 pounds. I think I am a little fat. How can I lose weight quickly. (Like a week or two)...

One word response to this. Size 00?

How do I lose weight for a wedding in 54 days, I am the Matron of Honor?
I need to loose 20 pounds or more for a wedding in June, I was just asked to be the maid of honor this afternoon, help!!...

Are eggs good or bad for you?
How often can you eat them?...

How can I lose 50 or more pounds in 1 month?
I do not do well with swallowing pills so those are out of the question. I do not wish to have stretch marks and drooped skin once I do lose the weight. How can I go about this?...

I'm 15 and 5'8" tall. Is that really tall for my age?!?

Need Help Losing Weight and Keeping it Off?!?!?
I know I know. I'm asking this question again because last time I asked I didn't get that many answers and the answers didn't really help me.
Ok so I'm trying to lose 4 ...

Do you think I am fat???
i am a 13 year old girl and i already weigh 165 pounds, i am about 5'6", am i over weight, here are some pictures of me
http://i225.photobucket....

Do you think you are fat?

How can Cheese Pizza be that bad for you?
Now I know pizza is considered a high fat food. And I understand with pepperoni and other meats on it, it becomes greasier. However what about just plain cheese pizza? Cheese may have fat but it is ...

What is a good healthy snack to eat in the middle of the day?
i'm trying to start eating more healtier before school starts and get in shape. And i get hungry between the normal 1 o'clock time i eat lunch and dinner. Latley i've been eating ...

What's your height, weight and age?
Just ...

OMG! I just ate a huge bag of potato chips! What should I do?

Fat or thin?
i am taking a survey and i want to know if you would either want to be fat or thin....

HELP I ate pinto beans and now have horrible gas, how can I get rid of this? Please don't laugh!!?

nanerpud
What are the worst foods to avoid when dieting?
I need a list of absolute "NO-NO's" while I try to lose weight.

kitty
Rating
Any food with ingredients that you can't pronounce.

In reality you can eat whatever you want, as long as you exercise enough to burn it off. Burn more calories than you eat.

amberharris20022000
Rating
pop,sweets and meat

Snagelfritz
MacDonald's
I say this all the time and few listen. You body needs so many calories a day. But, in a balanced diet along with some activity.
I can lay around on the couch and eat 100 calories a day and gain weight.
Go here;
http://www.mypyramid.gov/
On the left click "MyPyramid Plan" Fill out the information and this give what you need to maintain your present weight. Read what it say! To lose weight go "Back" and add a target weight until you get the next drop for calories. If, it say you need 1800, try for 1600 or 1400 calories. You will lose weight if you stay active. I do some stomach crunches to tone my tummy, but, my other muscles get all they need from my regular activities through the day.
You will find your food plan and can even download a PDF file and worksheet. You will lose weight, have nice muscle tone and think better.
But, this my way. Any Diet will probably work. But, does it keep working? Eating correct will prove itself over time. With better health, as you feed your body's needs and not starve it.

Rachel
Rating
well...the worst foods to AVOID (as you stated in your question) would be anything healthy.

thisislove
FAST FOOD (EVEN WHEN U ARE NOT DIETING)

anne
Rating
Hydrogenated oils
Fast Food
Foods high in sodium
Foods containing artifical sugar
Processed food
Refined grains

REMEMBER - drink plenty of water!

theradioactiveboyscout
Rating
Whatever you're most addicted to.
If you love starchy breads, DONT EAT ANY.
If you love chocolate, RESIST.
<3

♥Shortstuff ♥
Rating
Anything made with "white flour", such as crackers, cookies,bread, pizza, pasta, (use wheat pasta, it's good) etc. Cut out all the sugars in your diet that you can. That's frustose, corn syrup, cane sugar, brown sugar, etc) Try using Splenda & you can bake with it too. Avoid junk foods but do eat fresh fruit instead. Watch those carbs too, especially potatoes. I lost 130 lbs. on the Atkin's Diet & have kept it off. I am never hungry on this diet & yes, my doctor gave me his blessings to go on this plan. It works if you stick to it & stayed focused & determined. I walk three to four miles daily, & I drink lots of water daily. I also drink green tea in the leaf form. Yes, it does help you lose weight & has many other benefits also.

Cathy B.
fried foods and processed foods and anything that isnt organic theres a book called the Makers Diet and it tells you how to eat rite.

Datgurlie
Rating
Junk Food Like chips..soda And All Fatty Fods

Sarah Luvs Paramore
Rating
chocolate!! lol

fitman
Rating
Avoid greasy foods, alcohol, and candy (sugar loaded drinks count as liquid candy).

Here is more info about fat loss nutrition:
http://www.spartafit.com/nutrition/nutrition.php

Deborah C
Alcohol! Most alcohol has a high sugar content. I think Weight Watchers allows 1-2 points for a spirits drink, like vodka, but watch what mixer you use. I think wine is even higher/more points.

Ceiling Cat
If you tell yourself you're not going to eat a particular thing, then you'll only want it more. Eat everything in moderation, and don't try to completely avoid sugar, fried foods, etc.

Clamshell 19
Eating too much of anything,
makes it a bad food.
Just avoid high fat and sugar.
Eat in moderation, lots of water.

lochmessy
You need to stay away from sugars, most oils, but your body does need about 2 TBS of oil a day, but it should be trans fats, such as olive oil or canola oil. Don't use butter or margarine or corn oil. Have as few carbs as possible, try and stick to natural grains. White bread is basically nothing but empty calories, it just fills you up and adds calories that are a waste. Alcohol doesn't do anything for you. It won't hurt if you have a little red wine with dinner ever so often, in fact it's good for you, but all other booze actually slows down your ability to lose weight. This is something you really have to remember when dieting, remember stay away from booze. It's not only what you shouldn't eat but what you should eat, a lot of vegatables, fruits, healthy things. Thry and eat organic meats. Stay away from chinese food, pizza, or if you have to have to have it, have healthy pizza with spelt crust. Spelt is a different kind of wheat.
Drink about 8 glasses of water a day.
No junk food, candy bars, cookies, cake, etc. Nobody said being on a diet is fun, but if you stick to it you will see a change and that will make it all worth the giving up the food.

boogieboo
Fried, High sugar, Sodas

Samantha
Rating
Anything that will send your blood sugar rocketing and then promptly crashing again i.e refined sugar. It'll make you even hungrier and crave more sugar and the unhealthy eating cycle.

Stick to whole grains, slow release carbs that will keep your blood sugar levels consistent. So for example, for me on a diet whit bread is a big no no

The REBELution!
Rating
SODA IS A MAJOR MOST PEOPLE GAIN WEIGHT CAUSE OF DRINKS SO AVOID THAT !!

sheripie1960
Rating
avoid anything which contains white flour or white sugar

Username
fried foods and mac and cheese, trust me

doublej
Rating
Potatoe chips, chocolate, most things with white flour or are overly startchy, ice cream, butter, fatty oils, sugary beverages, white bread, large portioned anything, doughnuts, whole cheese, creamy dressings and soups, fast food, soda, anything fried, refined flour, baked goods, and candy. Hope some of that helps (:

cnith
Rating
I want to make life easier for you.

There is NO SUCH THING as a no no food. However, there IS a thing as too much of a portion.

Even the most fit people will occasionally eat, say an Oreo or two, but then they stop. That's called portion control. You've seen celebrities eating french fries or whatever junk food, haven't you?

The clue here is NOT to overeat anything. Even vegetarians can get fat, even vegans who eat nothing even close to related to animal things and thus eat virtually no "bad" fats.

The rule is simple, eat less than you burn and you will loose weight. In other words, move around a lot and don't eat too big a portions. But whatever you do DO NOT stop eating, that is the absolute worse thing you can do...so no skipping meals, OK?

LJ
I would personally drink more water, cut out as much sugar as possible and avoid fast food, microwave popcorn and food that has a lot of corn syrup in it.

Maria_C
ice cream, candy, fried food... junk

lump58
No sugar, No sugar and more No sugar. sugar holds the fats in your body. sugar plumps up the fat and hold fluids. if you want something sweet try some fruit but that should be limited quantities because it is full of sugar. why are you dieting? did you talk to your doctor first? if you have any hidden health issues dieting can be dangerous. discuss first with your doctor please. for your safe health and so you will look wonderful darling! water is the secret to a successful diet.

the_happy_dragin_hunter
Rating
Soda, (high sodium)
Anything with sugar.
Avoid processed foods shop the outer isles of the grocery store. Dont eat unless you are hungry. if you buy a burger eat 2 bites and before you take the next bite your body says it is full (dont just continue to eat it so it doesnt go to waste, or you spent your money on it)
Dont elimate carbs they are essential for your body.
Sugar is not. Cut the sugar back and then out of your diet and increase exercise you will see improvements.

showell81
There are so many.
Honestly for me, and I've done well dieting this year (25 lbs so far). Cut out any fast food (you don't know what's in it). Also portion control is amazing. 20/20 just did a report showing that portions are just a matter of what your brain sees.

Serve your meals on small plates, you'll FEEL fuller eating less.

Foods alone aren't the evil. Go for a walk with your dog or kids or ipod, or alone once a day, just 20 minutes.

Good Luck,
It's a marathon, not a sprint.
Eat foods that you can imagine eating forever, not just next week. That's where most diets fail.

innergl0w
Rating
processed foods, fried foods, white bread, hydrogenated oils

loudondale
Rating
No processed sugars (that means candies, cakes, cookies, sodas, etc).
Cut WAY back on simple carbohydrates like white bread, potatoes, rice, pastas etc. (Basically anything that is white, except milk) Increase things like steamed vegetables, nuts and fruits. Occasionally you will be tempted by something you know you shouldn't have ( like an ice cream cone on a hot summer day or that piece of cake at the Birthday party), and that is okay as long as you have a smaller portion than you normally would have had, and don't make it a habit of breaking your diet Do not skip meals, because then your body will think it is in time of famine, and become more efficient at holding onto calories. Eat smaller meals on a more frequent regular basis and your body will think it is times of plenty and be less efficient and will waste calories.
Exercise is also important when on a weight loss diet, so your body will lose fat instead of muscle as you lose weight.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy