Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Why is it easier to gain WEIGHT than to loose it?

I weigh about 223 pounds how can I lose 43 pounds in 4 weeks?

Should I go anorexic?

Additional Details
I am really thinking about it. I am like 5`1 and wigh about 98 pounds. All my friends are skinny. what do i do?...

Im 13 and I weigh 122 lbs. and im 5foot. Am i over weight?

Should a 12 year old take diet pills???
????????????????????...

Are you tall or short?
i think..considering the size of people my age i'd probably be average or a bit below ...

What should I have for breakfast that not fattening?

Does making yourself sick after a meal help you loose weight?

Drink 4-7 diet cokes a day. am i going to die?
earlier than i would have anyways....

Am I Fat?????
I am 5'10'' and 125 pounds. I think I am a little fat. How can I lose weight quickly. (Like a week or two)...

One word response to this. Size 00?

How do I lose weight for a wedding in 54 days, I am the Matron of Honor?
I need to loose 20 pounds or more for a wedding in June, I was just asked to be the maid of honor this afternoon, help!!...

Are eggs good or bad for you?
How often can you eat them?...

How can I lose 50 or more pounds in 1 month?
I do not do well with swallowing pills so those are out of the question. I do not wish to have stretch marks and drooped skin once I do lose the weight. How can I go about this?...

I'm 15 and 5'8" tall. Is that really tall for my age?!?

Need Help Losing Weight and Keeping it Off?!?!?
I know I know. I'm asking this question again because last time I asked I didn't get that many answers and the answers didn't really help me.
Ok so I'm trying to lose 4 ...

Do you think I am fat???
i am a 13 year old girl and i already weigh 165 pounds, i am about 5'6", am i over weight, here are some pictures of me
http://i225.photobucket....

Do you think you are fat?

How can Cheese Pizza be that bad for you?
Now I know pizza is considered a high fat food. And I understand with pepperoni and other meats on it, it becomes greasier. However what about just plain cheese pizza? Cheese may have fat but it is ...

What is a good healthy snack to eat in the middle of the day?
i'm trying to start eating more healtier before school starts and get in shape. And i get hungry between the normal 1 o'clock time i eat lunch and dinner. Latley i've been eating ...

courtanee the cougar
How can i gain weight?
i need to gain some healthy weight, my whole family is REALLY frikn skinny and i try really hard to gain weight and its impossible.
any suggestions? i dont wanna become a fatty-mc-fat-fat though...
Additional Details
working out and sleeping doesnt really help, im in water polo, so i swim maybe 2-3 hours a day and i get 8-10 hours of sleep a day.

Ryon W
Rating
The easiest way is to eat a good diet and work out more, i know it sounds like it will make you lose weight but i am skinny aswell and it just adds muscle and muscle weights more than fat

Chittlins
take Weight Gainer, and work out!

(it pretty much makes you gain muscle mass)

kitch
eat lots of food rich in carbo like bread, potatoes, rice. doughnuts, too!
and be friends with people who eat a lot and always. i was really skinny before but now i have gained weight because my friends are all food-lovers so when we're together, all we do is talk and eat and eat and eat.

The Original Brain NyNJaH
Rating
I recommend more protein and nuts and stuff in your diet, but get that occasional Burger in there, but dont just eat fast food to gain weight, because it'll go straight to ur thighs and stomach and make you look like you just swallowed a medicine ball

Spider geezer.
Rating
Eat less fresh food.
Eat more food containing preservatives.
Preservatives are called preservatives because they preserve you into old age.
Into a Mummified age.

Somone W
Have you ever tried sustagen? you can get it from supermarkets its a protein drink, you can get it in choc, straw, or vanilla. Its a healthy way to gain a little weight and it works.

Ashley
Rating
Umm get toned that makes ppl who r rele thin look alott better is to get abs and muccle :) whnever you are full of eating eat penutbutter LOTSS OF CALORIES! lol
hope it helps and good luck

Banana-Mangoluvv
get toned up. swimming only makes you lose weight, because its cardio. running & anything else that gets your heart racing like that is going to make you lose fat. so you need to strength train. go to a gym & have a trainer teach you how to build muscle. & muscle weighs more than fat so you can gain less muscle & weigh the same as if you gained a lot of fat.

nnik
Rating
eat allot of peanut butter it really helps put on the pounds.

:D

googoomuck
I hate you!!!! no i don't I'm just jealous. I bet you can wear anything and it looks great. Maybe I do hate you after all.
only joking of course, or am i?

Patrick
Eating fatty foods will not help you gain weight but will have other unwanted effects such as higher cholesterol and general unhealthiness. Carbohydrates is what will help you gain weight. Eat plenty of things that have a high level of carbs, such as potatoes, bread, grains, cereals and sugar (meaning more chocolate!). You probably have just got a high metabolism that has been passed down to you from your parents, meaning that you can eat all you want but you will gain very little weight. the only problem is that when you eat a lot of fatty foods, you gain no weight but a lot of cholesterol. So you could be as skinny as you are now but still suffer from heart problems due to excessive eating.

Hope this helps.

GG
Rating
Hi there im a bodybuilder so i can help. step up your protein us bodybuilders ingest alot of protein and a low carb for optimum fat burn but muscle gain. with you doing alot of cardio it might be hard for you just to gain weight due to your continuous fat burn cycle and also seeing you said you come from a family of thin people im asuming you have a fast metabolism protein shakes are a really good supplement which we bodybuilders ingest twice a day to top up our calories content in our bulking season to add weight ready to cut down to contest weight.

Teh Y
have more protein and carb try not to do vigorous exercise
eat more

doglover
Rating
Eat dairy. Drink protein shake.
What is bad about being skinny?

big boss
Go down your local health store and buy some whey protein that has a ton of carbs,protein and fat in it, drink maybe 4 of them a day and you'll be putting weight on like there's no tomorrow.
Just be sure to work out while doing this though.

santosh d
Rating
try using the medicine called dexona..............it will definitely help you

Iron
Rating
Baby you need weight just eat more breads . Drink whole milk daily.

Mad
Rating
Eat lots of carbs

waleed_2880
Rating
if you eat really good and you d onot do over work to burn this food this means your body is burning food fast ( a high stblatism) what keep no chance for you to gaint wight so i sugest you to see a Dr there is medc to fix this prob.

TrueBlue
do a little more strength training... it 'll build muscle which is heavier and more attractive than fat...

http://nutrition.about.com/od/dietsformedicaldisorders/f/GainWeight.htm

keep within your Body Mass Index limit....
are you a kid/teen or an adult? that'll affect your requirements.
assuming you are around 15ish here's a bmi calculation for you ---> http://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/dnpabmi/Result.aspx?&dob=1/7/1993&dom=7/4/2008&age=186&ht=67&wt=105&gender=2&method=0&inchtext=0&wttext=0

ccwilson
I hate you....(LOL) I would think you should estimate how many calories your are burning per day then bump up your calorie intake so that you are consuming more calories than you are burning. Good luck

Hilmera♡
SupliMed shakes!

or

Herbalife shakes!

Lucy M
Rating
I think the way to go about this, is increasing your diet with protein and carbohydrates - bulky foods. This includes chicken,pasta, nuts and oils.Just eating lots of junk food isnt the way :]]

Jaysgirl
Rating
Go out to dinner often, eat late nite, eat junk food, double your portion sizes. Here's a real tip, eat fast foods and sugary foods, they call out insulin and make you hungry. I guarantee you will gain weight. Personally, I think you are blessed. Most women are fighting the battle of the bulge.

cory b
the tips that everyone else is giving you is only going to make you fat in the stomach.personaly i think you should not worry about your weight. besides i have seen your pic and you are gorgeous

Mr. Mental_88
Lots of complex carbs and protien

Hello
eat a fat person

Mirius
Because of your extended swimming, you are going to have some problems in bulking no matter what you do. After 30-45 minutes your body will switch into a catabolic mode where it will start to break down muscle for energy - it's why the top marathon runners are always very skinny even though they have excellent nutrition.

That said, the fact that your whole family is skinny indicates that either it's genetic or just a reflection of how you've learned to eat. In either case, you can build and bulk but it will require you to eat more. It's far from impossible for you to gain weight, but you need to overcome lifetime eating habits and there isn't enough space here to go into detail.

BeautiFitt
Rating
As far as food choices, try gradually increasing your consumption of energy-dense foods, especially those higher in protein such as low fat peanut butter, nuts (cashews and peanuts), lean cuts of chicken, turkey, and fish such as salmon and tuna. The http://beautifitt.com/beautifitt-diet-foods.html site contains some helpful health suggestions which may be beneficial.

Remember that anyone undertaking a weight changing venture can expect body composition and size to change gradually. And, while you're waiting for the effects of your efforts to kick in, remember to flex all of your muscles — your heart, soul, compassion, humor, patience, and intelligence — you just might find that you are already bulging and ripped.

♥Health♥
Rating
have more protein and carbs as well as nuts in ur diet
article on how to gain weight the healthy way it has some great tips
http://cashsunshine.blogspot.com/2008/05/gain-weight-healthy-way.html

Naztazia
I have had the same problem all my life. I'm 34 and skinny too (and my cousins are very thin too). The only time I gained weight was when I was pregnant - and I don't know how my body did it because I didn't eat that much more than I do today. I will offer a piece of advice from my doctor - don't worry about your weight if you are feeling good and eating properly and all your blood levels are normal (good iron count, CBC is normal, no celiac disease, etc.) You and I look "really skinny" because a good majority of americans are on the heavier side. But if you still need to gain a few pounds, the thing that has been working for me is pasta 3 times a day :)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy