Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

My boyfriend says im fat. I am 5'7 and 102lbs. Should I lose weight?

Am I overweight???
I know everyone asks these questions and they are really not but i need your guy's help.

I am btween 12-17 yrs. old, 5'3-4 and i wiegh 180-200 lbs...i need some help...if you ...

How much water should a person drink per day?
My cousin doesn't drink as much water as she should. I'm encouraging her to drink more water per day, but how much? She's 12 years old, and 5'2" & 117lbs.
A...

Am i TOO underweight?
I'm 13, 5'5" and weigh 85 pounds. Everyone is like oh you look so anorexic do you have an eating disorder? I'm like..no. Even my teacher one time asked me if I had a problem with ...

What kind of milk do you drink??
i drink fat free skim milk....it's really not THAT bad......

Tell the truth r u fat?
be ...

Am I overweight? I keep getting different answers and different weights I should be??
Im now 14, 5'9 160 pounds

Should I be 100 pounds (somebody said this but It really seems awkward and anarexic)

Im going for 140 pounds being normal but I dont know if thats ...

My friend called me fat?
Lately my friend has been really nagative toward me. I bought a really cute top at hollister and she convinced me I look terrible in it. I got blonde highlights in my hair and she told me I should ...

AM I FAt???
am i fat?
i am 5'3
i weigh 175 lb
is tht fat??
i think its normal

i eat a lot like i have..
breakfast
brunch
lunch
lupper
supper

How can i gain weight?
i need to gain some healthy weight, my whole family is REALLY frikn skinny and i try really hard to gain weight and its impossible.
any suggestions? i dont wanna become a fatty-mc-fat-fat though....

Am i Fat? Please answer!?
I'm 13, 5ft 8 and i weigh 118lbs !! am i over weight and i'm really thinking of going anorexic should i???...

Hi i weight 240 and i am 17 how can i loss weight?
i need help lossing weight please help with giving tips and pills name brand that i can buy to loss weight thank ...

Is it normal for a 11 year old to weight 480 lbs. at the height of 4' 9"?

What are the worst foods to avoid when dieting?
I need a list of absolute "NO-NO's" while I try to lose weight....

Am i too skinny??
im about 5'2 96 pounds...
should i loose some?
Additional Details
soryy i meant gain!!
i dont wanna loose weight ill ...

Am I fat? Is my stomach big?
http://s127.photobucket. I am the one whithout the towel...The taller one...
I feel like my Stomach is huge...And it ...

Hwo can i get skinny without not eating?
i am chubby and wanna be skinny!...

Is drinking Coca-Cola everyday bad for you?

Why does my tummy get bigger & bigger even thou I ceased eating rice at night?

Do you think I'm fat?
I'm 13 and 5'4........I weigh 119 pounds........My best friend says no your not fat.........but I always feel fat........What's your thought?...

Laurennn
800 calorie diet?
i need to lose 40 pounds.
can i do it in 14 weeks eating 800 calories a day.
oh, no dairy or meat too.
only fruits,veggies, nuts/seeds.

SNM
Energy Balance and Weight Management - Understanding energy balance is the key to losing weight successfully.

Calorie intake > Calorie use ==> Weight Gain

Calorie intake = Calorie use ==> No change in body weight

Calorie intake < Calorie use ==> Weight loss

Losing weight does not mean avoiding food. Instead, eat less food that is high in fat and added sugar. Eat a variety of plant-based food like whole grains, fruit and vegetables. These food provide bulk and promote the feeling of fullness.

Eat regular meals and avoid skipping meals as it may lead to overeating at subsequent meals.

Move more - Exercise

Physical activity is an essential part of any effective weight loss programme. It helps burn calories and builds muscles.

JavaJoe
Rating
You'll wind up gaining weight on that diet. You should eat about double what you have listed there and if you plan on going vegan don't bulk up on the carbs like pasta.

hannah b
you need to eat more calleries than that

KillingSpree
Rating
Pro-ana =).
Join the dark side

Anna W
so not healthy! did u know consuming less than 900 cals. a day is starvation? I'd know bc i am recovering from this kind of thing... CALLED AN EATING DISORDER! you have to have dairy and meat for protein otherwise you could die. alot of things could happen that have bad results. so please see a nutritionist or someone to tell you what is healthy to eat... not just us.

lesliehope24
I'm not sure about 40 lbs......but you'll definitely lose weight! I needed to lose weight for my upcoming wedding and I've been on a strict diet and actually feel better than I did when I was eating bad foods! Your idea sounds great. Here's what I've been doing.....

No calorie counting because I eat all healthy foods.
Lots of fruits and veggies
No breads
walnuts (they help you feel full without eating a lot)
No meat (some fish every now and then but rarely)
I also drink a "detox" drink which is 2 tbsp of pure cranberry juice, a teabag of dandelion root, a squeeze of a lemon and 8 oz of hot water.

Good luck!

myeverything73004
Some Chick-I feel like your promoting anorexia. 2 hours of cardio a day? thats too much. 800 calories is dangerous. You wont be able to stick to it. And dont listen to anyone who tells you not to eat fruit!! Fruit is the best way to get healthy and lose weight! Everything in moderation. You need to eat some sweets, because if you deprive yourself of them, you will binge on them later. At least try to eat some dark chocoloate, or a small peice of cake once a week. you wont feel deprived that way. You need carbs to survive, eat plenty of whole grain (read ingrediants, many products claim to be whole grain but the first ingrediant is enriched bleached flour, thats a no-no) The first ingrediant should be whole grain flour. Anyway..just eat healthy in moderation you'll lose weight in no time.

rhamm618@verizon.net
Your body will begin to break down muscle in an effort to get the elements it is requiring; such as, Protein, for example. In other words, just becaue you are not eatting meat does not mean your body will do without Protein. It will breakdown the muscle mass to get the needed protein. Keep in mind too your Heart is a muscle.
To loose weight you need to take in enough calories to maintain your body and have very little for storage. If you do not take in enough to maintain the body then you begin to breakdown the body in very important areas - some will become fatel over time.

g_pecaut
First 800 calories a day is starving. You will need at least 1200, to be healthy. Next to loose 40 pounds should take at least 20 weeks. Loose it any faster and you will gain it back, plus some. You will be happier and much more sucessful at loosing the weigh if you loose it over a year. Instead of some fad starvation diet, change you eatting habits. By the way, fruit is not exactlly diet. Eat enough fruit and you will gain weight. And nuts are one of the first thing to stop eating if you want to loose weight. Meat, when it is lean, fills you up with very few calories. Increase the amount of vegtables you eat. Skim milk will give you the calcium you need with less calories and a lot less fat. Or low fat cottage cheese. Great with some fruit on top for a desert. Eat a propper serving of lean meat, cut out starches and nuts, along with sugar and fats, and reduce your salt, and you should be on a good start for your diet. Also eat at least 4 times a day. Now to burn the fat you want to get rid of you are going to have to exersize. Not weight lifting, but aerobic exersize. Try walking, running, swimming, bicycleing, cross country skiing, etc. You may need 1 hour a day 5 or 6 days a week. Start easy and build up. Six months from now you may find you like working out 2 hours a day. If you are loosing more than 4 pounds a week, up your calories a little. You want to get to your target weight slowly so the weight stays off. Even after hitting your target weight you will need to keep this new life style to maintain it. You can just cheat a little more after you get there, like a glass of wine on Friday night, or desert like a piece of Birthday cake at a party.

Kelly s
Rating
You need to eat at least 1200 calories. Your body wont function under 1000 calories. I am going to the doctor and they prescribed me an appetite suppressant/and energy enhancer that has helped me. He said with my weight (because I was 244 pounds) that I should eat between 1200-1500 calories and would be reduced to 1200 totally. So far I have lost 11 pounds and feel great. Of course, you need to exercise. If you eat that low of calories your body will think it is starving itself and you will have trouble losing weight. Also, drink tons of water. It might help if you talk to a doctor about it.

Ron B
Rating
that's not good ,your going to get sick you need about 1200 cal . a day .you don't want to lose to much weight fast .
maybe do more exercises and up your calories .
it take 3500 cal. for a pound

Nancy Jayne
its unhealthy to try and lose weight by cutting calories. It works for celebrities because they are expecting to gain it back after the award show is over. So if you want to gain it back. then go for it. IF it even works.

~v~
Rating
what the heck? you're gonna be hungry & unhealthy
don't do it.

wholy w
THATS Too low unless your like five years old

"Karma"
Rating
if you do this 1 you won't loose any weight because you are depriving your body from energy therefore it will go into starvation mode which means that everything you put in your mouth it will be store as FAT and you will actually gain weight.. i can say no less 1200 to be on the healthy side and to burn the extra calories instead of not eating them EXERCISE!!!!! you will get to your goal and you might even keep them pounds from creeping up on you double the amount you lost!!

Tim
Rating
Honestly, you would lose all the weight you wanted on that diet. I'm doin something similar. Will power is the determining factor on whether or not ur successful.
Good Luck!!

J a y m e
Rating
you are slowley killing yourslef

do the south beach diet phase 1

WhizKid
Counting calories will make you fat, depressed and anal retentive and you will struggle with your weight until the day you die. There is a lot of bad information out there. It has made America the fattest society ever. But it makes food companies and diet companies rich. Learn why black coffee, lean meat, salt and non-fat yogurt are so fattening. The book, Intuitive Eating, says "If you tell yourself that you can't or shouldn't have a particular food, it can lead to intense feelings of deprivation that build into uncontrollable cravings and, often, bingeing." Nourish your body thin, instead of starving it fat.

Never cut carbs, fats and calories. Eat foods made by nature, not man-made foods designed to make you fat and addicted to food. Which has more calories: a plain potato or one with a healthy fat like olive oil? The latter. Which is more fattening? The former. How can this be? The fat slows down the calories going into the blood (see glycemic load and glycemic index) making it less fattening. It is not about how many calories but how fast they enter the blood. But plant foods have fiber. Fiber provides no calories, is filling and also slows the calories entering your blood.

iheartny:)
i wouldnt go under 1000 calories a day
lose weight by excersizing, not starving urself.

Mountain
Man i need to do that also. my problem is i like to eat all the time so im screwed.

jqdsilva
you can actually lose weight on vegetables and any lean meats. make sure you get rid of salt because it retains fluids in your body. no carbs of any kind. keep up with the fruits and nuts. half a cup of oatmeal everyday (don't need to cook it. you can put it on anything)

versantly
if it took longer than 14 weeks to gain the 40 pounds, it will take more than 14 weeks to lose the 40 pounds. starvation will not cause weight loss in a healthy way.

Dance is Love
Rating
Your body can't live off of 800 calorie you need at least 1100 to be able to make ATP because just walking around the house burns 100 calories a day and when your at school and work you burn some there to so that will only be about 600-650 calories really. You need to just watch what foods enter your mouth and plan ahead...come up with an eating plan and for snacks count the calories and bag them so you won't have to go in the pantry. Chew gum after meals so you won't be tempted to go ram the pantry that way you won't have food on your mind. If you workout 45 mins. a day you will be okay (walk,run,jumping jacks, sit-ups, stairs, and lunges)..you can also try a dance class. You don't want to just eat right because if you don't tone in the process you lose the weight but you have flab hanging...no no we don't want that..Good Luck

Drink Lots of water!

Go Get Em!

ggirl
Rating
Thats drastic and very unhealthy. You can lose 10 pounds a month with a healthy diet and exercise. Try joining weight Watchers.

Honeybunches♥
800 calories is basically starving yourself
your better off eating lots of veggies and grilled chicken and fish try to stay away from red meat
nuts actually arent that great for you and some fruits can be harmful also
drink lots of water and eat green basically

McCain, by OPEC
What's your favorite flower? I will have them sent to the hospital when you check in. Why is 40 pounds more important than your health? Where is your sense that you are an important person, and you don't want to hurt yourself. Anorexia is a symptom of mental health issues like borderline personality disorder.

Wendy V
Rating
Any diet less than 1200 calories a day can be incredibly dangerous to your health. It can cause kidney damage, loss of nutrients and minerals not to mention muscle loss. (Muscle burns fat) Unfortunately there is no true...healthy QUICK way to loose weight. If you eat healthy foods and avoid empty calories and just walk (even a little bit) You'll will start noticing a difference quickly and so will everyone else. Not to mention losing weight the healthy way means you will have developed life long habits that will keep you from packing the pounds back on....and remember - weight is just a number!

Genevieve` T
Rating
I would never go under 1200 calories a day....You need to access what is right for you to start out with according to your weight. Most start out with 1800 and go down every 10 pounds they lose. But they don't go lower than 1200.

Sami Ann
women should never consume less than about 1200 calories a day, so a 800 calorie diet is unhealthy. go to calorie-count.com to let them calculate a reasonable time to lose that weight and how many calories you can consume to reach that goal

hirzeljm
unhealthy

rustoria617
Rating
3 lbs/week? Well maybe with some serious daily exercise. But, the odds of you sticking to this plan are nearly zero!

How about a more realistic 1200 cals/day, 30 minutes of serious cardio, and 1.5 lbs/week? That's much more likely to be doable.

Weight control is best accomplished with a lifestyle change. It
requires proper nutrition, exercise, calorie management,
motivation, and discipline. Explore the links. The info will
serve you well the rest of your life.

If self education is not your bag, join Weight Watchers or
something similar. They'll teach you and you'll have group support.

Good Luck.

http://studentaffairs.case.edu/health/medical/nutrition.html
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/exercise/HQ01676
http://www.caloriesperhour.com/

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy