Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Is it normal for a 11 year old to weight 480 lbs. at the height of 4' 9"?

What are the worst foods to avoid when dieting?
I need a list of absolute "NO-NO's" while I try to lose weight....

Am i too skinny??
im about 5'2 96 pounds...
should i loose some?
Additional Details
soryy i meant gain!!
i dont wanna loose weight ill ...

Am I fat? Is my stomach big?
http://s127.photobucket. I am the one whithout the towel...The taller one...
I feel like my Stomach is huge...And it ...

Hwo can i get skinny without not eating?
i am chubby and wanna be skinny!...

Is drinking Coca-Cola everyday bad for you?

Why does my tummy get bigger & bigger even thou I ceased eating rice at night?

Do you think I'm fat?
I'm 13 and 5'4........I weigh 119 pounds........My best friend says no your not fat.........but I always feel fat........What's your thought?...

Why is it easier to gain WEIGHT than to loose it?

I weigh about 223 pounds how can I lose 43 pounds in 4 weeks?

Should I go anorexic?

Additional Details
I am really thinking about it. I am like 5`1 and wigh about 98 pounds. All my friends are skinny. what do i do?...

Im 13 and I weigh 122 lbs. and im 5foot. Am i over weight?

Should a 12 year old take diet pills???
????????????????????...

Are you tall or short?
i think..considering the size of people my age i'd probably be average or a bit below ...

What should I have for breakfast that not fattening?

Does making yourself sick after a meal help you loose weight?

Drink 4-7 diet cokes a day. am i going to die?
earlier than i would have anyways....

Am I Fat?????
I am 5'10'' and 125 pounds. I think I am a little fat. How can I lose weight quickly. (Like a week or two)...

One word response to this. Size 00?

How do I lose weight for a wedding in 54 days, I am the Matron of Honor?
I need to loose 20 pounds or more for a wedding in June, I was just asked to be the maid of honor this afternoon, help!!...

Emily M.
Am I overweight???
I know everyone asks these questions and they are really not but i need your guy's help.

I am btween 12-17 yrs. old, 5'3-4 and i wiegh 180-200 lbs...i need some help...if you could ghive me some advice...

thanks. I really need it.
Additional Details
i am like 13......so yeah hope that helps

Taylor
Rating
Muscle ways more than fat :]

frananddennis49@yahoo.com
I am not a guy but my answer would be yes you are. I dont want to hurt your feelings but for you height you should not be weighing almost 200 lbs

sweeet_13
well it depends 12-14 years old you should be 110-120,
15-17 you should be around 120-130

Katrina
Yes, unless you are EXTREMELY muscular. The average 5'3"/5'4" teenage or adolescent girl should weigh between 110 and 130 pounds.

natalie
I don't want to hurt your feelings but being 12-17yrs old and your height being 5'3-4, weight, 180 - 200 lbs is overweight...
Try being more active and walking will help.
Eat the basic 4 food groups 3 times a day, get plenty of sleep, drink at least 6 - 8oz. glasses of water per day and cut down on your fat intake.
Good Luck.

cc
Rating
Talk with your doctor!! There is no recommended weight loss program for a person your age! Only your doctor can recommend that!!

Bean
Yes you are, just eat healthier =]

krazycatlady420
You need to look up your BMI to be totally sure since body weight is less relied on than body mass! But, based on your height and age (ranges) they are all over weight.

Core
Without your actual age and weight there can be no definite answer, but you are overweight regardless. Just watch your diet and make sure it's low-fat and has all the vitamins that you need and exercise. If you're not happy with your body, throw the scale away! Muscle weighs 3 times more than fat so judge by the mirror.

Lil' JJ
Rating
a lil

ryno
You are overweight by about 60-70lbs. Lucky for you you are still young and the weight will come off easily. Not easily I mean but your metabolism should still be moving quickly. I would look into what caused your weight gain. If your parents are overweight you could possibly have an underactive thyroid. Or it could be as simple as changing your eating habbits. work towards losing that weight though, it will make you a happier person and give you a lot more self confidence. Lastly do not try to lose the weight in an unhealthy way. Work toward whatever you goal you set in a steady and consistant manner.
Good Luck

steven_deadalus
Rating
At 5'4" and 200, unless your career ambition is Sumo, you MIGHT be overweight...

amaruki99
Yes my dear I'm sorry.

Check out your BMI http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/bmicalc.htm
at that site
It will explain there.

coolbrad1020
Rating
first you are very overweight and exersize

Karate Chic
Rating
You are a bit heavy, I'm 5'3" and I'm 115. But if you eat a little healthier you will be right where you need to be ^^. Just don't loose hope and don't stress out! Your not fat you just need to drop a few pounds and you'll feel so much better! Don't loose hope loose weight and you will feel so much better! not just about how you look but how you feel and your health!

ihartstewie!
Rating
well, i hate 2 say it but yes ur overwieght, if u added a pic it would be helpful, cause mayb ur a little taller than u think u r and people could tell ya truthful answers. i think the average wieght 4 some one around 5"4 is bout 130 pounds ma b a little more. u should probly lose some weight so u can get healthier and more fit(a grate way 2 lose wieght is to play DDR>>dance dance rev.- its so much fun and if u dont have the game at ur house go 2 a nearby arcade and play. it works so well 4 teens 2 lose weight that some high schools r now putting the game in there gyms. some people have lost over 100 pounds playing it! but with ur weieght range and heicht i would say u only need 2 lose bout 40-50 pounds:D one good thing is that u dont have an eating disorder like ur anorexic or something! a lot of teens r way 2 skinny and more of teen girls need to have some meat on ther bones!- so flaunt it! i mean its like u look at some of them and ur like,EAT a cheeseburger or something!-LOL;P hope i helped if u have any other ?s post them under deatails!-by!
Edit;

im 13 too!- but im only like 5 ft tall! and im at my ideal wieght on the weight chart- go 2 the doctors offoce and see wat ur ideal weight is. but dont step on a scale while u try 2 lose the weight wait until u think u lost enough than see wat ur wieght is. if ur still not happy cause ur not a t a healthy weight excersize a little more than wiegh ur self at the end. but dont obsess over it! I NEVER EVER wiegh my self. i only get wieghed when i have a doctors appointment(ya gotta). dont become obsessive and wen u wiegh ur self 4 the 1st time if ur only a few pounds over wieght just keep eating really healthy and excersizing liek after school 4 bout an hour- but not 2 much , soon ur excess fat will turn 2 muscle. i am a dancer so i ahve dancers muscels and that is how i stay very fit. btw u can eat WHATEVER u want u just have to make s ure u dont eat 2 big of portions of it. and no late nite snacking + make sure u eat breakfast, believe it or not but most people gain more weight by not eating breakfast! and NO extra snacks except one per day and make sure that the snack is pretty healthy. hope i helped hang in ther !

Erika
Rating
you may be a bit big, but you should be fine as long as you get plenty of exercise and try to avoiding snacking and drinking soda or beverages with a lot of sugar. That is how i gained weight, Your are young and most girls go through a heavy stage and as long as you take care of yourself you should be fine. Try to take up a sport or find something active that you enjoy doing like swimming or just take a lot of walks.
Just don't compare yourself to extremely skinny girls because you may be naturally bigger than them, which will probably be beneficial to you when you are a little older. But no matter what I'm sure you are beautiful and don't worry about it too much.

aflei
Unless you're REALLY athletic.. as in RIPPED.. sounds like you're overweight.

Goddess Sassy Taffy
Rating
yes sorry

frnchfries2000
Rating
that is too much weight for about 5' 3"

Joshua G
I'm not going to lie, but yes you are over weight.

Team Depp-Cullen[=
Rating
BMI Categories:

Underweight = <18.5
Normal weight = 18.5-24.9
Overweight = 25-29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

Height---5'3.5"

Weight--180lbs

Bmi=31.4

so yea, by the calculator, if you are five foot three and a half, and weigh 180 lbs, you are considered "Obese", but i really dont like that word.....keep in mind the calculator does not calculate Muscle mass and other things like that.....I would advise for health reasons to maybe drop a couple pounds, if you are happy with what you weigh, that's great, but for health reasons, i would advise to drop a few

Bob S
Rating
Maybe

shorty
Rating
well i dont want to sound mean or anything but you are a little try to exersice and eat healthy ok try your best and you know you can do it

nootch g
yes you are........sorry didnt want to sound mean....

♥
Rating
i believe you are over weight. i'm 30 5'9 and i weigh 140.

amybff2
Rating
Yes...

wiz kid
Rating
yes,for being that short and being that young. I don't want to come right out and tell someone they are fat but am honest. Try to diet ,exercise,and you will look and feel better. Good luck and God bless. The main thing to know is you are a humane being and people should accept you the way you are. You may be doing nothing wrong. It could be heredity.

max
Rating
yeah you are overweight
you need to bring your weight down to 130-140 pounds.
Sorry for being blunt but you need to exercise and eat healthful food.

Don't you know your exact age? why the 12-17 year range?

Mrs. Jacob Black/Edward Cullen
use a BMI calculator

type BMI on google.

'ello!
Rating
depends on your body structure, but it seems like you may be. dont worry though. all thats important is that your healthy. ask your doctor next time you see him what you should weigh and get some tips. dont worry about it at such a young age, youre only 12-17!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy