Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Is drinking Coca-Cola everyday bad for you?

Why does my tummy get bigger & bigger even thou I ceased eating rice at night?

Do you think I'm fat?
I'm 13 and 5'4........I weigh 119 pounds........My best friend says no your not fat.........but I always feel fat........What's your thought?...

Why is it easier to gain WEIGHT than to loose it?

I weigh about 223 pounds how can I lose 43 pounds in 4 weeks?

Should I go anorexic?

Additional Details
I am really thinking about it. I am like 5`1 and wigh about 98 pounds. All my friends are skinny. what do i do?...

Im 13 and I weigh 122 lbs. and im 5foot. Am i over weight?

Should a 12 year old take diet pills???
????????????????????...

Are you tall or short?
i think..considering the size of people my age i'd probably be average or a bit below ...

What should I have for breakfast that not fattening?

Does making yourself sick after a meal help you loose weight?

Drink 4-7 diet cokes a day. am i going to die?
earlier than i would have anyways....

Am I Fat?????
I am 5'10'' and 125 pounds. I think I am a little fat. How can I lose weight quickly. (Like a week or two)...

One word response to this. Size 00?

How do I lose weight for a wedding in 54 days, I am the Matron of Honor?
I need to loose 20 pounds or more for a wedding in June, I was just asked to be the maid of honor this afternoon, help!!...

Are eggs good or bad for you?
How often can you eat them?...

How can I lose 50 or more pounds in 1 month?
I do not do well with swallowing pills so those are out of the question. I do not wish to have stretch marks and drooped skin once I do lose the weight. How can I go about this?...

I'm 15 and 5'8" tall. Is that really tall for my age?!?

Need Help Losing Weight and Keeping it Off?!?!?
I know I know. I'm asking this question again because last time I asked I didn't get that many answers and the answers didn't really help me.
Ok so I'm trying to lose 4 ...

Do you think I am fat???
i am a 13 year old girl and i already weigh 165 pounds, i am about 5'6", am i over weight, here are some pictures of me
http://i225.photobucket....

Spiderpig
Am I overweight? I keep getting different answers and different weights I should be??
Im now 14, 5'9 160 pounds

Should I be 100 pounds (somebody said this but It really seems awkward and anarexic)

Im going for 140 pounds being normal but I dont know if thats still to fat?
Additional Details
Okay, thanks for the responds guys its a lot more clear now!

splendiferous84
Rating
omg...no way should you be 100 lbs..whoever told you that is seriously messed up...i think you're probably actually at a really healthy weight, and 140 would definitely not be "too fat"...it depends on how you feel about yourself, and if you don't love yourself you really won't be comfortable at any weight.

♥hersheyz
Rating
Ewww, no definitely not 100 pounds. I'm 5'2, weigh 100 pounds and I'm skinny enough. You'd be okay whether you were 160 or 140. 160 may be tending toward overweight, but you're still fine. 140 is perfect.

Amy =]
OK you arent really over weight but it would help to lose some..im 14 and 5'8 weigh 139 and my doctor says im healthy.
being 100 lbs when your that tall isnt really healthy...

rebecca
Rating
Well i look at it like this your tall for your age cause I'm sure you got more to grow you'll be taller and skinner.Right now don't worry about it don't gain anymore just in case if you want to lose weight do it but to me your body is going through changes and you will get taller.Don't get any bigger.

tungsten
No that seems right to me.

charli3ange1
no, honey, ur NOT overweight! ur just where u need to be! with ur height and age, that weight is completely normal. the weight range for ur height/age is like 130-170, so dont sweat it. if u still feel uncomfortable just continue eating healthy and exercising.

Caitlin R
Rating
130 would probably look best.

Andreaaa!
Rating
for your heigth being at 5'9, 100 pounds is way too little. 140 is a good weight to aim for

CT
Dude there is no way you are overweight, I've been considered underweight and I'm 6'0" 160lbs - I was 173 at one point.

dirt_rider
hi your still young so when you grow that fat will go into the height so dnt panic lol

Chris Z
Rating
If you have an average build, and average amount of muscle at 5'9 you should be NO LESS than 145 lbs.

At 5 feet you should weigh 100 lbs, and after every inch add 5 pounds. 9 inches x 5 lbs =35 + 100 = 145. So, you should weight at LEAST 145.

Graffetto
Rating
matters your muscle and bone mass and many other factors but 140 at 5'9 is amazing im 110 at 5'4 and im a big football player so its good for me and it would be ok if i was 130 and a big bulky guy. 100 is way too small

notrubskwah
Rating
what alot of people dont get is there is different bone structures and also if you are muscular that adds weight also. but even in my opinion 160 for someone as tall as you still sounds a little thin.

TeenAngel!!!
Rating
no ur not but ur close to a point where u would be considerd overweight

MELANIE
I think you are just fine (especially for 14).
My husband is 160 lbs, 5'8", 56 years old, and very fit for his age.

Do you feel overwieght? Are you exercising enough? Are there parts of your body that you could tone?

I know you are still 14 ~ so you need to be careful how much weight you gain every year.

Amanda D
Rating
At 5'9 your weight is fine if your built with "bigger" bones. If you have bigger bone structure and you get too thin then you're gonna look really wierd. My friend is 5'9 but well over weight, but she's built like a football player so if she did lose alot of weight then she would not look right. If you have smaller structure, then I don't think it would hurt to go down to 140 (just not any less). You can't always depend on articles and stuff that sayas that your wieght should automatically be something at a certain height cause not every one has the same bone structures.

shari_p729
Rating
If you keep getting different answers on here, then quit asking the folks on here and GO TO A DOCTOR!

Ellie
idk.... i kno tht you shouldnt be 100 and 5'9. im 5'1 and 107. and my doctore says its the perfect wieght for me. i think tht if your doctore says your over you should listen but dont lose more then you need. my brther is like 5'8/9 and hes about 144.

CypKitty
Rating
Depends if you're male or female but it sounds like you're a female.

140 pounds sounds realistic. Get there first and see how you feel, if you feel you need to lose more, do it

Jordan :)
go for 250. chub is the new skinny,thats what ur mom told me.

Mac
Rating
In my opinion, you can be whatever the hell you want to be. But, your only 14, your still growing, and your almost 6 feet. As long as your not extremely obese, it's all good.

Steven
Rating
160 is way too fat. I would say 130.

Sunflower Girl
140 pounds is good for your height anything under that you will be anarexic and believe me iv been 105 im 5'2 i got really dizzy and not feel well at all my iron was very low.dont be stuiped like i was its not worth it eat right and work out the the best thing you can do.

Nurse Susan
Rating
Optimal weight for 5'9" - for an adult - is 135 to 152, [ 20 to 24% body mass index ] according to BMI chart.
145 would probably be perfect.

Piper Is Rad. :)
Rating
100 is too thin!

Past 100 lbs add five pounds for every inch..

so 9 x 5 is 45.

That means you should be around 145. :)

inlovewithpink85
100 pounds is not enough, your at a good weight now

muscleman210
Rating
You have to be careful. If you use BMI, you will not get an accurate number as it is not intended for anyone under 18 and it does not take into account muscle mass.

Try to aim for body fat percentage instead. We all weigh different, we all carry that weight differently so nobody can tell you how heavy you should be, it is up to you.

If you are female and want to lose fat, aim for 14% (get a pair of skin fold calipers and measure your bodyfat, this will give you an idea of how much work you should do). If you are a guy, go for 10%.

140 is probably perfect for you. Eat healthy, stop snacking after 8:00 on junk and get out there and exercise.

We all need at least 1200 calories just to live, aim for 1800 and see how that works over the next three months. 5-6 small meals a day at 300 calories each.

Al

http://phoenixbodystyling.blogspot.com

Cee Cee
Rating
You are pretty tall so your weight at 160 is fine...and if u wanted to lose weight to be 140 u'll still be healthy!

(|]
140 would be good. if you try to be 100 pounds you'll die at your height. dont do it.
but yeah 140 would be great!

Insert Name Here.
Rating
If you were 100 pounds, you would be close to dying and I doubt that you want that. The middle of the BMI (body mass index) for the healthy catagory is 21.7

For someone 5'9 to be in the middle of the healthy would be to weigh 146-147 pounds. Right now you are at 23.6, and that is considered healthy. The lowest you should be at your height would be 125.

beautifulnise
if your healthy and happy about your size then that's all that matters. cause that should like me. I'm 17,5.7 and 160 and my Dr said I'm healthy and when i was your age i was 210. now that's overweight

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy