Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

How do i resist food at a party?
im going to a party for track, and im guessing its pizza. I dont wanna eat it cuz im trying to loose 5 pounds. pizza will not help that!!

how do i resist it?...

Where are triceps ?
are your triceps muscle just above your elbow?
Additional Details
is it like just above elbow or just a way up? thanks :)...

Do you think it's weird if someone walks on the treamill with their eyes closed?
Because I do, and I feel so silly.
:)...

Why is soda bad for your body?
not diet soda... just regular. i heard one time that it damages your brain cells. is this true? and what are the other effects of drinking to much?...

I need to lose 40 pounds in 3 months ?
what a fast way before basic training?
Additional Details
its to go into the army please help ...

Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich everyday?
Is it healthy if I ate Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich everyday for breakfast AND lunch (with a cup of milk)? It's quick, easy, cheap, and good.

I use Smucker's Goober S...

I want to lose about 5 to9 pounds and I am considering fasting. Is that safe?
I am not overweight but I am dangerously close for my height. I want to stay healthy....

Some fun facts about breakfast tht i can say in a presentation?
I have to motivate people to eat ...

I am 5'5'' and i weigh 102 pounds is that over weight?

I need to lose weight fast!! Can someone tell me something that works?
I need help and advice how to lose about 15 to 20 pounds in 30 days and i am 130lb. ...

Can anorexia effect my body?
i dont want to hurt my body, but i think this might be a last resort. i know this might make me unhealthy but it is the only way i can think of to lose weight. HELP!...

When on a serious diet, what are the best liquids to drink everyday? And which vitamins?

How can i lose some weight fast?
I have a big dance coming up, and i want to look nice. So i need to lose some weight, ive changed my diet and started working out more but nothing has happened. Any suggestions?...

Is lemonade Healthy Or Not?

Is a womens size 12 fat?
i have just asked this girl out not long ago..and all she keeps saying is shes fat.she a size 12 and would like to be a 10..but i keep telling her she not fat...

so could you please tell ...

How to loose weight without exercise and dieting?

Should I do situps?
I am fat. I am 30 pounds overweight and most of my fat is on my belly. If I do situps will it just make my fat pop out more. I just started going to the gym 3 days ago and I have been doing the step ...

How do I get motivated to go running?
Last year I ran or walk every day, and really enjoyed it. For 2 months now I haven't done anything....

My friend is huge, i call her cake, and fatty is this wrong ???

Will slim fast be effective if you just drink 1 can a week?
and exercise
by running 45 mins 5 times a week?...

anthony s
Is it healthy to eat vegetables as a main meal,like dinner?
Iam trying to eat healthier and cut out red meats and lose weight.Iam not sure about eating all vegetables for a meal.

Marina S
no! dont do that. you need all the five or sevon or whatever amount of food groups there are in a meal. you need some sort of protiens like beans, you need some carbs in there too. dont do that.

Olaf Sebastian M
Rating
Beans are delicious, as are many other vegetables, and are perfectly acceptable as main-meal dishes! In fact, I've done it before. You can google some pretty delicious pure vegan and vegetarian meals, and easy to prepare too!

But, if you plan on sliding your diet one way, make sure to take a multivitamin, but one recommended by your doctor or nutrionist. Many vitamins put too much in, and your body won't absorb it, and it will end up making you sick!

Also, if you wanna lose weight, drink lots of water, it helps rid your system of old waste, which can add the pounds pretty quickly. And, don't eat too many vegetables either. Stay within your calorie proportion, and you'll be fine, and pretty darn healthy too.

I watched this programme on television, and all these people ate for 12 days was raw vegetables. They effectively renewed their dietary system, lowered their cholesterol and blood pressure, and lost a good 10 pounds.

valerino539
Rating
Try vegetables with a rice or potato dish. You probably won't get full enough off just the veggies.

Dusty
probably should be eating something for protein too

justplaincoco.
Cutting out meat is not the way to go to lose weight. I was just watching "consumer alert" on CTV news, and they were talking about ways to lose weight--and stay healthy.
This lady lost 30 pounts in 5 months for just:
cutting out on crap (junk food)
eating all the food groups
eating meals in the right time of the day (do not eat late at night, your metabolism slows and you gain weight)
and make SURE you eat breakfast.

Ferrari
Rating
YES!!! Just make sure that you get some kind of protein in there in at least one of your meals.

sgt slaughter
Rating
yes it is healthy, but remember it is not good to mix fruits and veggies together. you should really study up on healthy eating before trying it. apples are the only fruit that actually mixes well with veggies. and apples go real good with salads.

eveana678
Rating
Let me tell you how I lost weight. I did not just eat vegetables for dinner but a had a small potion of chicken on the side of my plate. You need the meat as a source of your protein intake. If you stop eating all meats your protein will go down. I stayed away from all red meats and ate chicken, Turkey, tuna and fish. These are better then red meats if your on a diet and you will lose weight. Also for desert eat watermelon due to the water in the melon that will help u lose weight and and all types of fruits. You can not just eat vegetables or you can get sick. Your body needs to have a little of everything from the food pyramid. I also loved eating salad for dinner but i made sure to add tuna or chicken on top of my salad to have my protein. With the salad I had a small bowel of soup. Any kind you like as long as its a small bowel. I did this for a month and lost ten pounds. P.S. Always have a glass of water with your food and not soda.

Lisa b
I think it's healthy to eat vegetables for one meal a day but combine it with some lean protein - like a salad with chicken or tuna. Beans are also considered protein. You could also garbanzo beans on your salad or you could eat vegetarian chili. There are also many healthy vegetarian and vegan (which means no part of the food is from animals, no milk, no eggs) frozen meals that are healthy and tasty. Good luck!

Lex
i do. and i'm a lot healthier, just make sure your get enough

SNP(92)
Rating
I do it some times
it ok for every once in a while
But need the protien from the meat to help build muscle tone.

Nicole Michele.
Rating
I don't see why not, as long as you're eating them right. like getting all of your vitamins and proteins, etc.

elfchick17
Rating
Its fine just get enough vitamins and protein.

Vegan_Mom
Rating
I don't eat meat (obviously) and I'm healthy. I've had meals of just fruits and/or veggies. Some veggies, like broccoli and potatoes are decent sources of protein, at 4 grams each. I think the brand of whole wheat bread we eat has about four grams a slice as well.

Do some research on vegan nutrients. (I found the following link from a search, "vegan protein sources".) Also, go to the Vegetarian and Vegan section under Food here on Answers.

Nna g
Rating
i think if your trying to lose weight, gradually lessen your intake of, not only red meat but including carbs, cholesterol, fat,& sugar.

You are trying to lose weight, right?
and not trying to be a vegetarian.
So you should'nt eat only veges, add a small serving of red meat, fish, poulty, carbs, protein on your diet.
Completely eliminating this stuffs will end up of you yearning this kind of food and eating more of it later on.

I always thought the better way to lose weight is to sweat it off.

nora d
a lot of people eat just veggies as a main part of their meal. You could try some tofu or hummus to balance out the protein factor.. fish is a good replacement for red meat if you are wanting something more to balance out your meals.

sawyerkristine
Rating
veggies are healthy but they may put you in the rest room often if that is all that you are eating

MikeyintheOC
Rating
Sure why not. You can eat'em whenever you want, but remember you need protein in your diet to and that usually comes from meat, and so meat is usually eatin during dinner, but again whatever works for ya!

N M
if you eat just fruit and veggies it would be alot healthier. you could live off of just that. i have a niece who does it so my answer is yes, it can be a main meal.

dihattersley
Yes they are fine, and probably healthier than what you have been eating otherwise. There are perfectly healthy adults that eat nothing but raw fruits, vegetables and nuts, and they aren't usually overweight either.

Most Americans don't eat enough fruits and vegetables so this is actually good for you. You just need to make sure that you get a variety of veggies:

1. eat orange or yellow veggies (e.g. carrots, yams, butternut squash) a few times a week.
2. eat dark leafy greens every day (e.g. broccoli, spinach and kale)
3. eating beans (e.g. pinto beans, kidney beans, black beans, garbanzo beans, split peas and lentils) is good too, and they can help replace the protein you aren't eating from meat.
4. other veggies are good too, but not as essential.

Since it is winter, try varying your veggies, like veggie soup or maybe a casserole so you get filled up and stay warm. If you have a clear soup a salad and a warm vegetable dish you will get filled up. Since I am a vegetarian, I'd add a whole wheat roll and something like soy milk to get my minerals and call it dinner.

Most people eat too much meat anyway, but you can get veggie proteins and still stay healthy. If you do eat meat, keep it lean and the portions small.

hANnAh
Rating
yea, but u need dark greens to make up for the lose of protien.

Roger S
Rating
do you see people eating salads for their meals yes so it is ok to eat if for a meal

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy