Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

I am 40 stone and cant lose any weight - Do you think I should just stop trying and keep eating?

Got any good weight loss tips?
I need them fast!
Additional Details
I am on a diet now I need to know how to exersie....

Is it better to be Skinny or Muscler?

Does anyone know if you can get low calorie bread?
This probably sounds silly, but im trying to loose weight, im not far off my goal, and im starting to get cravings and hunger spells, i usually go for a bread based snack, like toast or a sandwich, i ...

What diet worked for you?
I'm a college student and going on Spring Break in about a month. I was wanting to lose about 10 lbs before we go. What diet advice do you have? Besides eating healthy and exercising what else ...

How can i lose weight FAST?
i need to lose weight really fast r there ne diet pills or fad diets that actually work i just cannot lose weight no matter how hard i try and its really getting me down i need help ...

WHAT TO DO you do if YOUR FRIEND IS TRYING TO BE BULMIC AND WANTS YOU TOO BE IT TOO??
HELP!! WE ONLY DO IT AT SCHOOL NEVER AT HOME WHAT SHOULD I DO... NOTHING HAS ACCTUALLY COME UP WHEN WE HAVE TRIED IT WHATS WRONG WITH US?...

Do people just want to be thin to look good for others?
i think so. Its not about being healthy anymore but being thin that ...

What are some foods that help increase energy?

What is the best way to lose weight fast like 35lbs in a 3 months?

What is the best thing to eat to lose weight?
i am 10 years ...

Help me please?
i really want to lose weigh tbu ti don't like working out and i love junk food. what can i do?
Additional Details
and i'm also 14 and in 7th grade ...

Working out makes me so hungry, I always end up gaining weight. How can I avoid this?
I know that working out can also make you gain MUSCLE weight, and that's not what I'm talking about. But when I start working out, I am RAVENOUSLY hungry all the time. I eat way more ...

If alot of fat people are fat because of illness, why dont you get fat people in the 3rd world?

Additional Details
white plu dont you understand the question you dozy c**t....

Am i fat???
i weigh anywhere between 92.5 - 95.5.
i am 5-1 and 1/2
i was just wondering because my sister calls me a fatty and a pig.
hmmm
please answer!!!...

How do people achieve a very flat stomach ? (without doing sit ups ...)?

Additional Details
running ..? no offence but i don't feel running helps .... it just train my legs rather than tummy ......

How much do you weigh?

Me anorexic? -10 lbs. in 1 week?
Ok, so, I just wanted to ask an outer source. How do I know if I've gone too far, and when have i crossed that line that i didn't want to cross into an eating disorder? All my friends say ...

My pants are loser my face is thinner, but I don't seem to lose any weight, why?
I've been swimming 1.5 km daily for some months now. Everyone tells me how much I've lost weight, how much my face is thinner, all my pants are looser; I need to buy new pants 'coz ...

Is my size normal for a girl my age?
im 12 turning 13 at the end of this year.
im 5" 1'.
i weigh 117.
is it because im asian?
or is it just the way it is?

please be honest.
like hardcore ...

tanglo02
Is popcorn healthy?
One hundred calorie bags of popcorn that is... Is this healthy for me? I eat one bag every night as a snack. I heard that there were some reported cases of cancer in popcorn factories... I am asking this question for suggestions on healthy alternatives and if eating this everyday could cause cancer.

KayKay
noooo
its the leading cause of cancer.
just kidding, but i know it helps bring in some cancer.

bbruin31
Rating
they get cancer from the stuff they make popcorn they dont eat it

nanigrl26
Rating
I think the cancer comes from the radiation from the microwave- how most people cook their popcorn nowadays. Try making popcorn on the stove top.

þ Låuren þ
Popcorn is okay if you have it once in a while, but in your 'every evening' case, i think that you will face some health problems. Popcorn can have transfat, which is worse than saturated fat. Eat it only on occasions, not everyday. Trust me - in the long run, you won't regret it.

Cheers,
LÃ¥uren - anyone can make a difference.

peepoohead7
Rating
hell, no

hey hey hey
Rating
100 calorie packs are much better than the real thing, just don't over do it.

tom z
as long it not a posion all food are welcome. but beware of fatness

oneblondepilgrim
Not really, because it is all carbohydrate.. and that packs the fat on.

dana
Rating
i heard those reports too. but i was under the impression that it was the butter that was causing the problems. besides air poped, no butter, no salt is the way to go.35 calories a cup

pink_carebear_girl
Rating
its actually healthy for you because of the fiber in it.

razza1976
Rating
popcorn has fibre in it, therefore it is healthy if you cook it the right way: Buy yourself a cheap popcorn maker, that cooks with hot air. (and dont add too much butter!)

babysport
Rating
i can't see why popcorn itself is bad for you, but it's the dressing (Ie butter, salt) and all that stuff that's bad.

there's worse junk out there.

John S.
My 78 year old mother eats popcorn everyday. I've never heard of the cancer argument. But one aspect of health is your dental health. She got a hold of a kernel that was not fully popped and it caused a significan chip in one of her molars. She's had to get it capped and the entire process is going to cost about $1000. Ouch!

So chew carefully.

Rating
As long as it's not microwave popcorn then it's not too bad... definitely better than potato chips and other savoury snacks since popcorn isn't fried in oil etc. Just check the nutrition table on it and look at the fats... some brands of popcorn have transfats in them, and that's worse than saturated fats.

If you're feeling iffy about it then why not switch to snacking on fruit for a few nights a week instead?

aviator
limit popcorn to 3.5 cups, it has to be natural and lite. you can buy it at health food stores, it comes in a bag already, you don't need to put it in the microwave to pop it. no sodium. sprinkle some cinnamon the popcorn for a touch of flavor. that's what halle berry does.

morgana
Rating
yep, its healthy..i mean its still starch so don't have too much..and its kinda hard on the stomach..but without butter or excess salt or toppings, its pretty good :) still you might want some more variety in your diet to be healthy and balanced

Lynne W
Rating
Air popped popcorn is probably a healthier choice because the microwave popcorns usually contain unhealthy oils.
Some of these oils, when used in large quantities have been linked to certain forms of cancer.
Whichever one you pick though, your dentist will love you.
Popcorn kernel husks can get wedged between your teeth and gums and stay there for a long long time.

<<< ♥ <<<
try to use the natural one.. don't use the microwable ones! they are full of not so healthy stuff!! Yeah natural ones without or with a very small or butter are good for you!!

Take Care!!
Good Luck!!

mickey t
Rating
its got fiber in it.. thats about it.. its not good for your health if its got lots of salt. and butter on it..

xox_mizz_laura
Microwave popcorn isn't really that healthy
Regular air pop with nothing on it is

simesegal
no, you can only count on your everyday vegetables

Lara Lou
Rating
Eating popcorn is a healthy snack. And people can say that anything causes cancer so don't worry about it. Just watch how much butter and salt that you put on the popcorn. Keep eating it every night, or just cut back some if you're that worried. Plus, it's better for you than other snack foods like ice cream or candy!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy