Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

What's the point in dieting?
Sure looking good is all nice and everything but you are not happy when dieting. No. Think about it, you are not happy. Wouldn't you rather eat whatever you want instead of eating in ...

I am 40 stone and cant lose any weight - Do you think I should just stop trying and keep eating?

Got any good weight loss tips?
I need them fast!
Additional Details
I am on a diet now I need to know how to exersie....

Is it better to be Skinny or Muscler?

Does anyone know if you can get low calorie bread?
This probably sounds silly, but im trying to loose weight, im not far off my goal, and im starting to get cravings and hunger spells, i usually go for a bread based snack, like toast or a sandwich, i ...

What diet worked for you?
I'm a college student and going on Spring Break in about a month. I was wanting to lose about 10 lbs before we go. What diet advice do you have? Besides eating healthy and exercising what else ...

How can i lose weight FAST?
i need to lose weight really fast r there ne diet pills or fad diets that actually work i just cannot lose weight no matter how hard i try and its really getting me down i need help ...

WHAT TO DO you do if YOUR FRIEND IS TRYING TO BE BULMIC AND WANTS YOU TOO BE IT TOO??
HELP!! WE ONLY DO IT AT SCHOOL NEVER AT HOME WHAT SHOULD I DO... NOTHING HAS ACCTUALLY COME UP WHEN WE HAVE TRIED IT WHATS WRONG WITH US?...

Do people just want to be thin to look good for others?
i think so. Its not about being healthy anymore but being thin that ...

What are some foods that help increase energy?

What is the best way to lose weight fast like 35lbs in a 3 months?

What is the best thing to eat to lose weight?
i am 10 years ...

Help me please?
i really want to lose weigh tbu ti don't like working out and i love junk food. what can i do?
Additional Details
and i'm also 14 and in 7th grade ...

Working out makes me so hungry, I always end up gaining weight. How can I avoid this?
I know that working out can also make you gain MUSCLE weight, and that's not what I'm talking about. But when I start working out, I am RAVENOUSLY hungry all the time. I eat way more ...

If alot of fat people are fat because of illness, why dont you get fat people in the 3rd world?

Additional Details
white plu dont you understand the question you dozy c**t....

Am i fat???
i weigh anywhere between 92.5 - 95.5.
i am 5-1 and 1/2
i was just wondering because my sister calls me a fatty and a pig.
hmmm
please answer!!!...

How do people achieve a very flat stomach ? (without doing sit ups ...)?

Additional Details
running ..? no offence but i don't feel running helps .... it just train my legs rather than tummy ......

How much do you weigh?

Me anorexic? -10 lbs. in 1 week?
Ok, so, I just wanted to ask an outer source. How do I know if I've gone too far, and when have i crossed that line that i didn't want to cross into an eating disorder? All my friends say ...

My pants are loser my face is thinner, but I don't seem to lose any weight, why?
I've been swimming 1.5 km daily for some months now. Everyone tells me how much I've lost weight, how much my face is thinner, all my pants are looser; I need to buy new pants 'coz ...

ballerina11
What are some good ways to loose weight?
I am a ballet dancer and i want to loose a few pounds for my upcoming show which is in casting right now & i want to get the lead role. I basically need a way to help put off some weight & keep it off... fast!

tonymoverseas
Rating
I found the quickest way to lose weight was to starve myself. Not that this is a healthy option, but it worked, and fast. Cut out breakfast altogether, eat a small lunch and not a big dinner. Try to only eat fruit for snacks, and drink about 2L of water a day

Puss in Boots
cabbage soup. Fast and effective, but it stinks out everything!

rosaheide
Rating
If you do exercise regularly (like i KNOW you do, because you are a professional ballet dancer) and if you eat right (which i'm almost sure you do, too)... then i don't think you should be worried about a couple of pounds more or less... You're probably in good shape and healthy... and that's all that matters.

Now... if you think you are bloated and have a lot of water weight... try "Hollywood Juice" ... found in the pharmacy aisle at Walmart. You drink it for 2 days, and drink 2 liters of water each day, and you'll loose anywhere between 2 and 8 pounds in those 2 days.

KDEntn
get a trash bag, put some arm and neck holes in it, put on some sweat pants and a sweat shirt, then go jog a little..you will lose weight fast

elisayn
Rating
Cut out sweets, but eat all your basic nutritious foods, as fruits and vegies, protein, some carbs,
snack on cheese and lo sodium whole wheat crackers....elisayn
Pls. Note: weight watcher's has an excellent diet to eat properly.
elisayn

?
My husband use to dance ballet, he recommends fun activities that keep you fit, such as beach volley ball, and biking. I like to go running when I am toning myself. I also, recommended drinking lots of water, and laying off the soda pop. Good Luck with getting the lead role!

Stephen K
More exercise, less eating, but don't turn anorexic on us

yah_ra
Rating
The very best way to lose weight is burn more calories than you consume. If it sounds difficult it is because you have not studied the facts of it. If you like fruit and vegetables you like the best stuff to eat. But with that you must also keep physically active. Not just while you are dancing... almost all of the time. Good luck.

lexsmoma
Rating
I have found that a great way to lose weight is to eat more. It sounds funny, but its true. Eat 5-6 smaller well balanced, healthy meals throughout the day instead of 3 heavier meals. This keeps your metabolism up throughout the day so you can keep burning up what you eat. Also, you will tend to feel fuller longer because there is less time between meals. Never, ever, skip your breakfast. It is what kick-starts your metabolism. You don't need anything heavy, but skipping it will sabatoge your day.

Next, make sure you drink at least eight, 8 oz. glasses of water a day. Carry a water bottle to make it easier on you. This helps flush your body of its water weight.

Exercise 5 days a week, alternating aerobic exercise with weight training, with two days of rest.

These are the only things that will help you shed pounds responsibly, and help you keep it off. Fad diets will make you feel miserable and the weight will pile right back on when you go back to your old ways. Plus, I can't imagine you would have the strength a ballet dancer needs, if you were starving yourself or eating only one thing.

Your body craves nutrition. So feed it!! Good luck! I hope you get the part!

The Wizard.
Rating
Well as a dancer you don't need exercise.So diet is the way to go.Have you tried diet shakes? Like "Sureslim" or similar. It's either that or Fasting.If you Fast, then reduce your diet to liquids ie, soups, slim shakes etc, but watch your health.

Coop
If you have time Definitely try cardio kickboxing while eating 5 small meals a day. Oatmeal/egg whites for breakfast..energy bar for snack..tuna sandwhich on wheat bread (ham, chicken) for lunch, yogurt...peanut butter for another snack..dinner-chicken salad with carrots (brocolli, brown rice). Keep away from whites as in white bread, potatoes...and no red meat. BELIEVE me, it works and sheds the pounds fast! The key to eating small portions throughout the day is it keeps your metabolism up and burning fat other than starving yourself or only eating 3 meals a day. Try walking/running everyday for a little bit too. Have this helps!

blue
Rating
I am not sayng this is healthy but for fast wieght loss...eat a liquid diet...Eat brothy soups, lots of water, milk, etc. with a few whole grain crackers thrown in like triskets.

Long term...eat less! Look at how much you are eating and consider just how much it really is. A large plate of spaghetti looks normal but when you think about how much it is and that our stomachs are the size of our fists then you realize you are eating way to much at one sitting. American portions are twice what they should be. So don't be afraid to let food go to waste or to take it home and give it to the dog.
You can eat ANYTHING in moderation and in small amounts.

etiegs2
Rating
watch what you eat, and eat less. Quit drinking soda as well if you have that habit.

Kiki
Rating
Follow the food pyramid, drink more water, exercise. Losing weight fast will only make you gain it back faster and you might gain back more. The best thing you can do is take it off slowly and be healthy about it. Good luck with the auditions.

byroneann
Rating
Drink a LOT of water and cut the calories. . . Eat lots of protein and little carbs.

Dr Peter
Rating
There are many ways to loose weight. Like diet, exercise, pills. To visit all the ways visit http://weight-loss.healthcare2u.net

sky walker
Rating
The four d's of dieting
Distance keep food at a distance highest shelf in the pantry or in the trunk of your car
Delay Wait an extra hour before eating
Distraction Keep your mind on fun or hobbies and off food
Decision If you must eat, eat a salad instead of junk food

Coming Up
Rating
Here is what you need to do, if you are serious about losing weight and keeping it off. Eat 6 small meals a day about every 4 hours. Here what that will do for you, your metabolism will increase (i.e. Loose weight) and you will have more engry. If you go on a diet and eat less, your metabolism will slow down and store to fat. That is why diets dont work. Only the size of your fist, carbs (examples:baked potato, pasta, oatmeal, beans, corn, melon, apples, fat free yogurt, whole wheat breads)in one and protien (examples:chicken breast, swordfish, shrimp, turkey breast) in the other. You can also eat vegetables and salads with any meal, they dont have none or little fat). 30min cardo exercise every day. Any of these(examples: walking, jogging, swimming,running, biking, ect), Monday cardo, tues upper body (arms: curls, tricep extensions,pull ups, front press)(abdominals: leg pull crunch, leg raises), (chest: bench press, butterfly, pullover)(shoulders: front press, arm pullover, cross county skier machine)(back:seated row, lat pull downs, back extension)(YOU DONT HAVE TO DO IN ONE DAY, mix it up) wed cardo, thurs lower body (legs: leg pull,leg press, squats, lounges) fri cardo, sat upper. Sunday eat anything you want and dont exercising, you do this on sunday so your body doesnt go into starvation mode. YOU NEED TO TAKE SUNDAY OFF. If you stilck with this you will have a great body. also drink aleast 8oz of water daily! Stay away from Mcdonals, Wendys, ect because there is nothing good for you on the menu's even the salads are bad (beaon bits, cheeze, dressing, ect) Good Luck :)

Cici
Rating
dont starve yourself your body will need the energy,and you might eat a lot more if you feel very hungry.still eat portioned food limit the carbs and try to drink yogurt drink at snack time it minimizes the growls in the stomach.and drink lots of water

ctron H
dont try to diet or throw up exercise like running is the fastest and safest way if you do it right

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy