Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Does starving yourself help you lose weight and excersing when your done keep weight off?
starving your self whiles exercising goelp you lose ...

Join the Gym, or run/jog/walk?
should i join the gym

or should i just try to jog around the block once a day?

if i jog or walk around the neighbor hood, how often should i do it and how long? i grow tired ...

I'm15 1/2 and 6' 1" and i weight 160 pounds?
I'm skinny, but i wanna gain muscle any tips?...

What's the point in dieting?
Sure looking good is all nice and everything but you are not happy when dieting. No. Think about it, you are not happy. Wouldn't you rather eat whatever you want instead of eating in ...

I am 40 stone and cant lose any weight - Do you think I should just stop trying and keep eating?

Got any good weight loss tips?
I need them fast!
Additional Details
I am on a diet now I need to know how to exersie....

Is it better to be Skinny or Muscler?

Does anyone know if you can get low calorie bread?
This probably sounds silly, but im trying to loose weight, im not far off my goal, and im starting to get cravings and hunger spells, i usually go for a bread based snack, like toast or a sandwich, i ...

What diet worked for you?
I'm a college student and going on Spring Break in about a month. I was wanting to lose about 10 lbs before we go. What diet advice do you have? Besides eating healthy and exercising what else ...

How can i lose weight FAST?
i need to lose weight really fast r there ne diet pills or fad diets that actually work i just cannot lose weight no matter how hard i try and its really getting me down i need help ...

WHAT TO DO you do if YOUR FRIEND IS TRYING TO BE BULMIC AND WANTS YOU TOO BE IT TOO??
HELP!! WE ONLY DO IT AT SCHOOL NEVER AT HOME WHAT SHOULD I DO... NOTHING HAS ACCTUALLY COME UP WHEN WE HAVE TRIED IT WHATS WRONG WITH US?...

Do people just want to be thin to look good for others?
i think so. Its not about being healthy anymore but being thin that ...

What are some foods that help increase energy?

What is the best way to lose weight fast like 35lbs in a 3 months?

What is the best thing to eat to lose weight?
i am 10 years ...

Help me please?
i really want to lose weigh tbu ti don't like working out and i love junk food. what can i do?
Additional Details
and i'm also 14 and in 7th grade ...

Working out makes me so hungry, I always end up gaining weight. How can I avoid this?
I know that working out can also make you gain MUSCLE weight, and that's not what I'm talking about. But when I start working out, I am RAVENOUSLY hungry all the time. I eat way more ...

If alot of fat people are fat because of illness, why dont you get fat people in the 3rd world?

Additional Details
white plu dont you understand the question you dozy c**t....

Am i fat???
i weigh anywhere between 92.5 - 95.5.
i am 5-1 and 1/2
i was just wondering because my sister calls me a fatty and a pig.
hmmm
please answer!!!...

How do people achieve a very flat stomach ? (without doing sit ups ...)?

Additional Details
running ..? no offence but i don't feel running helps .... it just train my legs rather than tummy ......

cc!=}
Am i anorexic? Please be serious about this.?
Okay. I stopped eating so mush in july. I used to eat snacks a 3 meals a day an i was fat ! I was 5-2 and weighed 130 pounds! over the summer i stopped eating so much. about 3 oreos a day.
I now wiegh between 112 to 116 pounds. And i still barley eat anything! i eat pop tarts 1 or 2 a day and Chocolate chip cookie 2- to -4 and that's all i usually eat!
I would go back to eating normal but im afraid to..=[
what if i gain all my wieght back?
everyone says i wasnt fat but all i could ever think about is my stomach, my thighs, my fingers are so chubby!
And now everyone says i look better but i still dont feel better!

Brandon D
it seems like a diet to me? nothin huge. you have only lost 14-18 punds. good job. your not anerexic, your not throwing up the food you eat, your just eating less of it

PrettyP
Rating
u might need to check out a group for eating disorders. 5'2 and 130 may be out of the wmi that they want to push on people but it doesnt mean you are fat.

Sarah
i was anerexic when i was younger. i stopped eating 4 the same reasons as you. but i never ate nothin for months.
best thing to do is if you are concerned go and see yr gp. he would be able 2 advice ya better

BunnyBunBun
Rating
join a gym and eat normal... you are really hurting your body.

SimpleGirl
Yes, you are developing the eating disorder anorexia

by not eating, you are slowing down your metabolism, which makes it harder to lose weight

eating a balanced diet, fruits, veggies, stuff like chicken and tuna, whole grains, etc. and exercise will make you look and feel good!

talk to your parents or your doctor, talk to SOMEONE as soon as possible!

Dave F
you screwed your metabolism up... and its not good weight you lost its lean body weight, not fat.... you need to exercise and eat right, you will gain weight at first but you will eventually start to lose again, and this time it will be fat

nicole021985
Rating
You need to start eating 3 meals a day and eat more healthier...starving yourself is not a way to lose weight. If you want to lose weight, exercise.

SlimJim
Rating
If this is a real problem, you need to talk to your doctor. Eating a poptart and a cookie every day is not healthy at all. Your doctor can assist you in finding help for your disorder.

hardquestion
I dont think you are anorexic but it does sound as though you have an eating disorder. Just pop tarts and cookies are not healthy even if you are not puttting on weight. Speak to a doctor is my advice.

Charlie C
Anorexia often doesn't help things, when you starve your body and then eat anything, your body is then more likely to store that as fat as it thinks there is a chance you will be without food for a while again. The best way to lose weight is to eat healthily, and regularly.
:D
You don't sound fat.. or anorexic.. :)

Amy
Rating
I'm 5'2" and 125-130 pounds and I am not fat at all!!!! I have a really small waist though, most of my weight is in my butt lol anyway I think you definitely need to eat more. You seem to be on the verge on becoming anorexic.

squishy
Rating
you need to give up the junk food, and go to meat, fruits, and vegies.

PMcG
Rating
Maybe you can schedule an appointment with a nutritionist. They can help you develop a plan to manage your weight and recommend the right food to eat for proper health. There is no possible way you are getting enough protein, vitamins, minerals, calcium, etc. that are necessary for a healthy body with only cookies. Cookies are not real food. Also, with proper exercise and a diet with real food, your body will regulate itself at the weight that you should be. There is no right or wrong weight. You need to find what foods and exercises make you feel the best! Then you can feel confident and happy with yourself that you are taking care of yourself the best you can. That confidence is much more attractive than being super-thin!

CONCENtRAtE
Rating
no you were not fat and i think you should try to eat more just eat healthy cut back on fatty foods with high starch and sugars!
you need to eat!

!dragonfly!
Rating
It sounds like you could be heading in a bad direction. Instead of eating the poptarts and cookies try eating fruits and vegetables. I am not a vegetarian so I think meat is ok to eat in moderation (it is best if it is grass fed organic). Also, try doing some exercises. You don't feel good because your body is not getting the nutrients it needs to be healthy. You may be skinny but you are not healthy and you are cutting years off your life. Here is a good website to help you get started. Good luck.

http://www.mypyramid.gov/

distressed
It sounds to me like you are surviving on a sugar high. Where are the nutrients in your diet? There is a healthy way to loose weight, if you really want to do it. It doesn't require you to starve, in fact, I lost 47 lbs by eating more! Smaller portions, more frequently. I felt better too. My brain began functioning again because I was no longer depriving it of the nutrients it needs to function properly. I urge you to seek out help in learning your nutritional needs and how to achieve them. Obsessing about your external appearance is just fixing the outside. Please figure out what is going on inside to make you feel this way. Why are you not worth taking care of? Your self-worth can't be based on what others think of you-- please figure out how you feel about yourself without 'their' opinion clouding your judgement.

squirrely
Yeah, it sounds like you have an eating disorder.

I say that because 1) you aren't eating much and 2) "everyone says i wasnt fat but all i could ever think about is my stomach, my thighs, my fingers are so chubby! And now everyone says i look better but i still dont feel better!"
Definitely that last line is a good indication of an eating disorder. You have some serious body image issues, I'd suggest you get some help before you start doing your body more harm.

Jana M
You are not anorexic, but you are certainly not eating healthy. Cookies, and items that are very high in sugar aren't good to eat as your only food. Also, eating less and stuff that isn't good for you could cause your body to think that you are starving yourself and go into emergency mode. This will cause water retention and other complications. You could be losing other things than weight, such as bone loss or the good fat. Being 5'2 and 130 lbs is not fat - that is proportionate with your body stlye.

You might want to see a doctor about mental health though. When you make yourself believe that you are fat, you could end up developing anorexia or even belimia. Also, when you go to your primary physician talk to them about the way you are feeling and what they recommend for your diet.

I'm not an expert, your doctor is - go see them, get answers and get your life back on track.

Good luck :)

Randy
You may not be an anorexic yet, but you are heading that way. You have REALLY bad nutritional habits now and you absolutely have to get your act together before you do some real damage. FACT: A friend of mine "sorta" recovered from anorexia...but only AFTER she had 'dieted herself into TOTAL kidney failure and nearly died. She was forced into mental therapy before she was even allowed to get a kidney transplant...to make sure she would not kill her new kidney too. Many anorexics are not this lucky. Talk to a therapist and a nutritionist SOON. You need to get some common sense about food NOW...it's much easier to NOT become an anorexic than it is to recover from being one!

exputkimies
sounds like you are on the road to being anorexic. you need to get some help before it kills you

Mark K
Rating
no you are not, you should try to eat less processed foods and eat more fresh fruits and vegetables

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy