Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

How many calories dose 100 calories burn?

How do i resist food at a party?
im going to a party for track, and im guessing its pizza. I dont wanna eat it cuz im trying to loose 5 pounds. pizza will not help that!!

how do i resist it?...

Where are triceps ?
are your triceps muscle just above your elbow?
Additional Details
is it like just above elbow or just a way up? thanks :)...

Do you think it's weird if someone walks on the treamill with their eyes closed?
Because I do, and I feel so silly.
:)...

Why is soda bad for your body?
not diet soda... just regular. i heard one time that it damages your brain cells. is this true? and what are the other effects of drinking to much?...

I need to lose 40 pounds in 3 months ?
what a fast way before basic training?
Additional Details
its to go into the army please help ...

Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich everyday?
Is it healthy if I ate Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich everyday for breakfast AND lunch (with a cup of milk)? It's quick, easy, cheap, and good.

I use Smucker's Goober S...

I want to lose about 5 to9 pounds and I am considering fasting. Is that safe?
I am not overweight but I am dangerously close for my height. I want to stay healthy....

Some fun facts about breakfast tht i can say in a presentation?
I have to motivate people to eat ...

I am 5'5'' and i weigh 102 pounds is that over weight?

I need to lose weight fast!! Can someone tell me something that works?
I need help and advice how to lose about 15 to 20 pounds in 30 days and i am 130lb. ...

Can anorexia effect my body?
i dont want to hurt my body, but i think this might be a last resort. i know this might make me unhealthy but it is the only way i can think of to lose weight. HELP!...

When on a serious diet, what are the best liquids to drink everyday? And which vitamins?

How can i lose some weight fast?
I have a big dance coming up, and i want to look nice. So i need to lose some weight, ive changed my diet and started working out more but nothing has happened. Any suggestions?...

Is lemonade Healthy Or Not?

Is a womens size 12 fat?
i have just asked this girl out not long ago..and all she keeps saying is shes fat.she a size 12 and would like to be a 10..but i keep telling her she not fat...

so could you please tell ...

How to loose weight without exercise and dieting?

Should I do situps?
I am fat. I am 30 pounds overweight and most of my fat is on my belly. If I do situps will it just make my fat pop out more. I just started going to the gym 3 days ago and I have been doing the step ...

How do I get motivated to go running?
Last year I ran or walk every day, and really enjoyed it. For 2 months now I haven't done anything....

My friend is huge, i call her cake, and fatty is this wrong ???

Spoken For
I feel so fat can someone help me?
i`m not a fat person.
i just have a fat stomache and my thighs are flabby.
i need to know of some exercise and/or food/pills to flatten my tummy and tone my thighs.tell me something that u or someone u know has been successful at using.but i`m 13 so do`nt tell me anything u have to be 18 2 use...plz.

phonics65
Rating
You're 13, you're still growing up until you're about 21. Worry about it then. Spend at least half an hour walking, cycling, swimming, or just being a kid!

~~
No more sweets. Thats the worst. No pop, and no bread. Start doing exercises every morning before you shower. Leg lifts while sitting on the side of your bed, wil tighten your stomach and leg lifts while laying on your side on the floor, will tighten the thighs. Itll work if you are loyal to the diet and exercises.

cyndi_12_2005
i am 13 too! I don't think you are fat, every one has flabby skin! My P.E. teacher told us if we lift weights on our legs, they become leaner and not flabby. You can try that. Hope i helped some what. lol :)

witchone
try swimming,try not to eat for one hour before may give you cramp and one hour after,it makes you hungry and you will waste all your hard work.

Crystal Violet
Try weight watchers, you can do it as a teen, but I think if you are under 16 either your parent or a doctor has to ok it. They have an online program too.

Ive been going to the meetings for 18 weeks now and I have lost 39.2 pounds. Just this Thursday (my weight in day) I saw a whole family there, Mom, Dad, & teen.

It's super flexible, you basically have a "budget" of "points" to spend on food everday, plus some extra "flex" points for the week. Then they give point values to all foods. And they give you a calculator so you can figure out the points to any other food if you know the Cal/Fat/Fiber.

So you can eat ANY food, as long as you stay in your points budget. You need to focus on portion size, and eating goals like vegitables and milk. But it is about lifestyle changes you can live with, so they made it possible to have a piece of birthday cake without "blowing your diet". You can work it in and still be "on track".

Its wonderful to be able to eat "real food", and eat out with friends, etc - but still be on my plan.

Most people lose 1-2 pounds a week. The first time I did weight watchers I lost 1.5 pounds a week. That was 7 years ago. but I wasn't ready to stick with it... Now I'm ready. This time I have been losing about 2.5 a week!

I think the biggest difference has been the working out at the same time. I think it helps keep your metabolism going. Honestly it help with depression, I sleep better at night. Reduces aches and pains. It is like a wonder drug!

Anyhow I like swimming and aqua aerobics. No impact, and I don't get hot & sweaty. Plus it feels like play time, not "work". Thats the trick, find a work out that is fun for you... Like a belly dancing tape or something.

Good luck!

Silke B
Rating
They say pulling in your stomach for ten counts and then letting it out again helps to tighten those stomach muscles(while walking)
Try two tablespoons of lemon juice with half a glass of luke warm water just before you go to bed.(it burns fat)
Riding a bicycle, walking up and down stairs, step ups(using one step, put one foot on it then the other, then step down one foot at a time), jumping with a skipping rope.
Lay yourself flat on the floor, hands at your sides, lift your legs together with knees to chest, then strech them into the air, then bring them down towards the floor, not touching the floor, keep for five counts, then start again, say 10 of these to start with and increase as you get stronger, helps for the tummy and thighs.
(I have the same problems you have, but just don't get to doing the excercises)

lina28
just eat healthy,don't eat too many sweets or junk food.include veggies and fruits in your daily intake of foods.More importantly exercise.walk, run, jump rope,do sit-ups. just make it fun for yourself. do activities such as biking,playing tennis, hiking ......... whatever just enjoy it. ok

LindaLou
Try this free website where you can track your calories eaten and burned through exercise and also get support from chat boards with other members called http://www.sparkpeople.com

It's an excellent resource, full of good tips, tools and advice and even shows demonstrations of proper exercise and strength training techniques and it really got me motivated after years of demotivation. I don't what it was about this site, but I've been exercising nearly everyday since I started it.

I've lost 10 lbs so far, been on it for 2.5 weeks!

Sonya
Go jogging about 4 times a week & cut down on junk food. Thats what helped me. [I'm 14]

Good luck :)

Playing Nice
Try the following : do 200 minutes of cardio a week. Remember fat does not turn into muscle, so you need to lose your fat while putting on muscle. The 45 minute thing is not true, but don't over 60 minutes at a time.

Do 5-10 minutes of cardio to warm up, then do your weight training. Do 30 to 60 minutes more of cardio, then go home.

The best time to eat is just after your workout within an hour when your metabolism is raging. For your muscles, incorporate some isolated soy protein or whey protein. Whey is more potent but the soy tastes better!

Don't look at your scale as the be all and end all, but get a measuring tape to check your progress, and that will show more tangible results.

Read fitness magazines, like Shape and Fitness for motivation and tips.

Good luck and stick at it.

Bistro
Rating
you didnt mention weight of height.

love yourself. you sound good to me, dont be influenced by the media. most guys dont like girls that are real skinny.

good citizen
Rating
Start by exercising.your stomach and thigh area - go to the gym as there is alot of equipment there to help tone these areas.This will not only make you feel better you will look better.

Isabella
Cut back on Mcdonalds and do push-ups.

/-\ /\/\ |_ /-\
try feeling slim

Crack is Whack
if your 13 pills will damage your health. try exerciseing regulary and eating healthy foods. plus don't be a couch potatoe.

addisonjohnjen
Rating
A stationary bike would be great for you--or regular bicycling if you live in an area appropriate for outdoor riding.

It is great for toning your legs (just take a look at the legs of people that bicycle regularly and you'll see what I mean). If you flex your tummy muscles while you are riding it will become natural over time and you will increase the strength in those muscles and have a flatter stomach. Doing the "bicycle" style of stomach crunch is good too: lie on your back, hands behind your head and lift your shoulders off the ground. Now start pumping your legs in circles in the air as if you were riding a bicycle. It works all the muscles in your stomach and sides, as well as the muscles in your legs. Try to do this for as long as you can (say start with 5 minutes total [you can take breaks but don't count that time in your total] and work up from there) and do it for at least 6 weeks before you expect to see results, as it generally takes your body 6 weeks to reshape itself after starting a new exercise program.

No pill can "tone" your muscles for you I'm afraid...

JAREAD
Have you called Jenny yet? 20 pounds for tyenty dollars.

Ryan H
Well, it's not always as easy as it seems. My suggestion first off is to purchase a body fat scale. Anyone who is interested in health and or fitness needs one..bottom line.

From there you monitor your diet. You cut out saturated fats like from animals and lower your carb intake a bit. If you want to learn more about what is actually going into your body and inform yourself then I reccomend doing some research about fats, proteins, and carbs and how to distinguish good ones from bad ones.

Then, it's just down to exercise. Here's a little bit of information you might want to know. No matter what you do your body is going to take it's fuel from everywhere in your body. Basically, that means that you have to lower your overall bodyfat to get definition in your tummy and thighs. That is where most people will have a little extra anyway. So you gotta burn more calories than you take in by exercising. Eat several small meals throughout the day, drink cold water, and try to get some form of cardio in the morning (walk, jog, run, etc 30-45 minutes). Those three things will help your metabolism to boost and lessen the
difficulty of trimming yourself up around your mid-section.

As for a supplement...I would only reccomend an efa complex. EFA stands for essential fatty acids and it will actually help your body oxidize the fat in it. Helping your body to more efficiently burn fat.

That should take care of it, but you have to be determined. You'll be set.

KiKi E
Rating
i would just do a set of sit ups each day or running also tones your body in a few weeks

enufwork
Rating
There is no site specific way of losing fat... the old myth about working your abs to burn belly fat isn't true. To get rid of love handles, you need to lose overall fat. That happens with exercise and watching your diet. More on that below.

The most effective way to lose fat is aerobic exercise in the "moderate" fat-burning range, ideally first thing in the morning before you eat. When you wake your body is ready to burn fat and your levels of growth hormone are highest at that time. Later in the day it can take up to 30 minutes just to put your body into a fat-burning mode.

Another overlooked way to burn fat is by lifting weights. Skeletal muscle has very high caloric needs... almost twice that of adipose (fat) tissue. Put on a little muscle and you will burn calories all day even at rest. Be aware that skeletal muscle weighs more, so with this approach you may see your weight increasing while your body fat is melting away. Not realizing this often stresses folks who think they should be losing weight as a measure of fitness. Forget the scale, look in the mirror and you will be happy.

For diet, keep a diary for a couple of weeks counting calories, grams of protein, and grams of fat intake. It is easy with online sources of nutritional information (type the name of the food and calories into the Google search engine) and packaging labels. That will let you quickly figure out where the fat is coming from in your diet.

Fat gives you 9 calories per gram. So take the number of grams of fat, multiply by 9, then calculate what percentage the fat calories are of your total daily calories. Restricting the calories from fat to about 20% of your total intake is ideal for a maintenance diet... that isn't overly restrictive. Of note, you need some fat in your diet. For instance, the body uses fat to produce hormones. Once you have a picture of how to modify your diet, you can drop the diary and just go back to it occasionally if you are wanting to tweek things further.

There is a subset of questions that goes further and asks about "How to get a six-pack?" The answer is the same. Six-packs are 20% abdominal exercise and 80% diet. There is one caveat... abdominal muscles will form in the position that you exercise them, so be certain to pull them tightly toward your spine while doing crunches, etc. Also, during most lifting, the "core is active" which means that you should be stabilizing with contracted abs then too. Fail to do this and the abs will form, but bulging outward and the result is not attractive.

If you are trying to build muscle as a way to lose fat, then you may need to increase total calories and specifically your protein intake. I target about 0.8 g of protein per pound of body weight each day when actively building. That is far more protein than most people need in their diets.

Hope this is helpful to someone.

Aloha

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy