Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Got any good weight loss tips?
I need them fast!
Additional Details
I am on a diet now I need to know how to exersie....

Is it better to be Skinny or Muscler?

Does anyone know if you can get low calorie bread?
This probably sounds silly, but im trying to loose weight, im not far off my goal, and im starting to get cravings and hunger spells, i usually go for a bread based snack, like toast or a sandwich, i ...

What diet worked for you?
I'm a college student and going on Spring Break in about a month. I was wanting to lose about 10 lbs before we go. What diet advice do you have? Besides eating healthy and exercising what else ...

How can i lose weight FAST?
i need to lose weight really fast r there ne diet pills or fad diets that actually work i just cannot lose weight no matter how hard i try and its really getting me down i need help ...

WHAT TO DO you do if YOUR FRIEND IS TRYING TO BE BULMIC AND WANTS YOU TOO BE IT TOO??
HELP!! WE ONLY DO IT AT SCHOOL NEVER AT HOME WHAT SHOULD I DO... NOTHING HAS ACCTUALLY COME UP WHEN WE HAVE TRIED IT WHATS WRONG WITH US?...

Do people just want to be thin to look good for others?
i think so. Its not about being healthy anymore but being thin that ...

What are some foods that help increase energy?

What is the best way to lose weight fast like 35lbs in a 3 months?

What is the best thing to eat to lose weight?
i am 10 years ...

Help me please?
i really want to lose weigh tbu ti don't like working out and i love junk food. what can i do?
Additional Details
and i'm also 14 and in 7th grade ...

Working out makes me so hungry, I always end up gaining weight. How can I avoid this?
I know that working out can also make you gain MUSCLE weight, and that's not what I'm talking about. But when I start working out, I am RAVENOUSLY hungry all the time. I eat way more ...

If alot of fat people are fat because of illness, why dont you get fat people in the 3rd world?

Additional Details
white plu dont you understand the question you dozy c**t....

Am i fat???
i weigh anywhere between 92.5 - 95.5.
i am 5-1 and 1/2
i was just wondering because my sister calls me a fatty and a pig.
hmmm
please answer!!!...

How do people achieve a very flat stomach ? (without doing sit ups ...)?

Additional Details
running ..? no offence but i don't feel running helps .... it just train my legs rather than tummy ......

How much do you weigh?

Me anorexic? -10 lbs. in 1 week?
Ok, so, I just wanted to ask an outer source. How do I know if I've gone too far, and when have i crossed that line that i didn't want to cross into an eating disorder? All my friends say ...

My pants are loser my face is thinner, but I don't seem to lose any weight, why?
I've been swimming 1.5 km daily for some months now. Everyone tells me how much I've lost weight, how much my face is thinner, all my pants are looser; I need to buy new pants 'coz ...

Is my size normal for a girl my age?
im 12 turning 13 at the end of this year.
im 5" 1'.
i weigh 117.
is it because im asian?
or is it just the way it is?

please be honest.
like hardcore ...

I am just 14 and i weigh 65 help me loose weight?
i want to loose weight so that iwill be glamourous.is there any tablets for that purpose and if tell me name and timings to use.
iam ready to do zym but one fear is taht i wont grow ie my ...

tina k
When dieting should i cut salt out of diet or just cut back alittle?

hmmcfalls
If you like salt, but you want to cut it out of your diet use Sea Salt. It is more expensive than the normal kind, but you don't need near as much of it. My grandfather has been using it for years and not only has it (along with his diet) helped him lose weight, it has also kept his blood pressure down. Most grocery stores have it or you can get it at a health food store.

dsmith68111
You should cut down on salt because it makes you retain water and you will think you aren't losing because of the water weight and give up easily.

powhound
Rating
You don't need to add any salt to your food, you already get salt through the food you eat. And I wouldn't cut it out of a diet. Salt is an important nutrient for your body.

mazey1967
Rating
Cut it back, but not out. You really get enough sodium in most processed foods and drinks. Make sure you drink ALOT of water.

freebird
Rating
there is enough salt in all foods.no need to add table salt ever and it retains fluids.

tagi_65
Sodium is a requirement for your body to survive - cutting out all salt (sodium) from your diet could have disastrous results. The US gov has set standards for how much of various minerals we need, including sodium. RDA on the back of a package means "recommended daily allowance." That means it's recommended you have some every day! But it's a very small amount.

Cutting back on salt, however, is probably a good idea. I've started looking at sodium content on everything I buy and it's almost insane. One frozen dinner can contain 40% of your RDA. One serving of canned tomatoes - SERVING, not can - can contain like 30%. Most of us are getting FAR too much salt.

So. Watch your diet. Use fresh veggies/meats/products when possible. Chances are if you're living in the U.S., you're taking in far too much salt to begin with. So cutting back won't hurt you at all. I spoke with my doctor about sodium just yesterday (really, I did!) and she recommended using sea salt because it was healthier (I don't know why).

From site below:

Would you be better off not eating any sodium at all?
Some sodium is essential for life.

As a matter of fact, sodium is one of the main electrolytes, the primary one outside of cells.

What happens when you don't get enough sodium?
Loss of too much sodium leads to muscle cramping.

Severely inadequate levels of sodium can result in life-threatening low blood pressure ("hypotension").

genocyber69
Rating
cut out all salt it makes you retain water

sorryna
Rating
i would say just cut back cause the only thing large amounts of salt will do to you, if you are healthy, is retain water

Snickerdoodle
Salt is a necessary nutrient in small amounts. The problem is that most of the food we buy has salt added so we often get far more than we need in our diets. Cutting back would be fine but won't help with weight loss unless you retain water. Before iodized salt, thyroid problems were common. You'll have to find another source of iodide if you cut out all table salt. I would just eat less salt but not cut it out all together.

ROBIN C
Unless you are salt restricted, just cut back, most foods don't need salting, it is just a habit we have developed. Pepper is my condiment of choice. mmmmmmmmmm

flcntrygal
i cut it out completey and use it very rarely now

krabby8
Cut back. I don't think it's reasonable to cut out all the salt from your diet, which adds flavor and can't be avoided in most meals. Plus it's also our main source of sodium, a necessary nutrient in your body. However, salt does have downsides like water retention and causing high blood pressure. Recommended minimums range from 500mg per day to beyond based on the person, but I would recommend not going over 2500 mg per day (it also depends on your own body).

manuel c
where salt goes water follows! so if u want to lose at least a little water weight remove salt completely.

Megan L
Rating
Depends how much you consume of it now. It is essential to your body's chemistry, but some foods have natural sodium already added. If you eat low sodium foods, you could have some. If your food has high sodium, I suggest not adding more.

two_skrus_luse
The body needs salt, just as much as it needs any other mineral, the only problem is, that salt is a flavor enhancer and is sitting on everybodies kitchen table.
The human body needs about 1500-2000 miligrams a day, however you might get more than this just from food, dont use the table salt anymore, but make sure you get some sodium with your meals, especially after exercise, and dont forget potassium, which works with sodium.

cluelessNfashion
When my father had a heart attack, he went to a nutritionist who told him it's best not to have salt at all in any meal because it's an unhealthy preservative that people no longer need. Other things the nutritionist said were "if you have meat, make it no larger than a deck of cards" and "eat salads without dressing since the dressing is what adds the fat." Most people forget little pointers like those when they are concerned with dieting, so just remember to do those things as well as cut back on the salt. It'll help a WHOLE lot.

But don't forget, with every diet you should also EXERCISE. Great eatting habits won't burn body fat like great exercise added in can.

Laura
Rating
Cut it out. It is hard to do, but it works. Anyhow, if you are dieting most of what you are eating will not be your favorite food.

Haley f
I would definately cut salt out.

Kat A
Just cut back the body need some salt

yums
Rating
no not all together. yr body needs a certain amount of salt to be healthy. this article will explain more with dieting and foods

KATE
Rating
just alittle

Johnny Blaze
Do not eliminate it complteley. Salt, sodium choloride, is very much needed in a healthy diet. Sodium is a valuable neurtransmitter, chemical sending messages across synapses between nerves and it is necessary to maintain proper electrolytic balance in the fluids of your body.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy