Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Is it better to be Skinny or Muscler?

Does anyone know if you can get low calorie bread?
This probably sounds silly, but im trying to loose weight, im not far off my goal, and im starting to get cravings and hunger spells, i usually go for a bread based snack, like toast or a sandwich, i ...

What diet worked for you?
I'm a college student and going on Spring Break in about a month. I was wanting to lose about 10 lbs before we go. What diet advice do you have? Besides eating healthy and exercising what else ...

How can i lose weight FAST?
i need to lose weight really fast r there ne diet pills or fad diets that actually work i just cannot lose weight no matter how hard i try and its really getting me down i need help ...

WHAT TO DO you do if YOUR FRIEND IS TRYING TO BE BULMIC AND WANTS YOU TOO BE IT TOO??
HELP!! WE ONLY DO IT AT SCHOOL NEVER AT HOME WHAT SHOULD I DO... NOTHING HAS ACCTUALLY COME UP WHEN WE HAVE TRIED IT WHATS WRONG WITH US?...

Do people just want to be thin to look good for others?
i think so. Its not about being healthy anymore but being thin that ...

What are some foods that help increase energy?

What is the best way to lose weight fast like 35lbs in a 3 months?

What is the best thing to eat to lose weight?
i am 10 years ...

Help me please?
i really want to lose weigh tbu ti don't like working out and i love junk food. what can i do?
Additional Details
and i'm also 14 and in 7th grade ...

Working out makes me so hungry, I always end up gaining weight. How can I avoid this?
I know that working out can also make you gain MUSCLE weight, and that's not what I'm talking about. But when I start working out, I am RAVENOUSLY hungry all the time. I eat way more ...

If alot of fat people are fat because of illness, why dont you get fat people in the 3rd world?

Additional Details
white plu dont you understand the question you dozy c**t....

Am i fat???
i weigh anywhere between 92.5 - 95.5.
i am 5-1 and 1/2
i was just wondering because my sister calls me a fatty and a pig.
hmmm
please answer!!!...

How do people achieve a very flat stomach ? (without doing sit ups ...)?

Additional Details
running ..? no offence but i don't feel running helps .... it just train my legs rather than tummy ......

How much do you weigh?

Me anorexic? -10 lbs. in 1 week?
Ok, so, I just wanted to ask an outer source. How do I know if I've gone too far, and when have i crossed that line that i didn't want to cross into an eating disorder? All my friends say ...

My pants are loser my face is thinner, but I don't seem to lose any weight, why?
I've been swimming 1.5 km daily for some months now. Everyone tells me how much I've lost weight, how much my face is thinner, all my pants are looser; I need to buy new pants 'coz ...

Is my size normal for a girl my age?
im 12 turning 13 at the end of this year.
im 5" 1'.
i weigh 117.
is it because im asian?
or is it just the way it is?

please be honest.
like hardcore ...

I am just 14 and i weigh 65 help me loose weight?
i want to loose weight so that iwill be glamourous.is there any tablets for that purpose and if tell me name and timings to use.
iam ready to do zym but one fear is taht i wont grow ie my ...

If i drink loads of beer on a night is it true?
that you will burn all the beer calories off the next day by doing lots of crunches and pushups or biking for 30 ...

untiltheinkdries
I am 5'6" and 200lbs, am I fat?
My mother is obease (sp?) and my father is not, my brother is...heavy, I don't want to be 'fat' but when some of my friends complain of being 'overweight' or I hear about the obeasity crisis, I worry.

QEM
I don't know your age, but for an adult BMI you are overweight. You don't need to worry too much though, you might grow more or be getting ready to grow. I wouldn't do anything drastic, if you really want to lose weight then make sure you're getting at least a 30 minute walk in every day. Maybe play outside for an hour or get interested in a sport. Cut down on the junk foods and eat more fruits and vegetables, make sure you're nutrition is good. If you find you need to snack between meals drink a glass of water and wait 30 minutes, if you're not hungry you were thirsty, if you are still hungry then you are truely hungry.

If you find you just can't stand exercising and you don't like any sports I can suggest Dance Dance Revolution (DDR) if you have a playstation all you have to do is buy the game and a $20 dance pad. It has a calorie counter (how many calories you've burned) and how far you've gone in miles, and a timer. It's also really fun to do and you hardly notice the time. The down sides are to get a good work out you have to be at least at the light or standard level and it costs money. If you don't want to invest in it you can always go to one at the arcade and play there, one play is 3 songs. You also may want to tone your body, ask to go to the gym and lift weights and work on the machines. If you haven't lifted weights before or done any work like this, I'd suggest asking someone at the gym how to work it. Also, be careful when you lift the weights, you don't want it to be too heavey, you should be able to do about 20 sets comfortably.

sky
Rating
Omg girl i am too. Well, Im 195 but same difference. Your not horribly fat or overwieght. Me, I don't really care about loosing weight but i do want to tone my stomach a little bit, trim it down. I think this weigth is special, you are not fat but there is still a lot to love.

pbleek
5'6" and 200lb is BMI of 32.6 and anything over 30 is considered obese, so the anser to your question is yes.

*Beautiful Zephyr*
Rating
yea, your a bit too much, loose about 40 lbs. the most

Carlene W
Rating
Yes, lose 40 lbs and you will feel terrific. Don't just lose the weight for looks, a young relative (26) died on the 10th and it looks like that was one of the concerns. Just be careful of what you eat, and when...don't eat right before you go to bed.

Asian
you have a body mass index of 32.3. the ideal bmi is 18.5-24.9. You are technically obese (obesity bmi: 30+).

jacj ainshowor's friend Ralp
sorry but yes less muscle but ur a girl.

Inessik
it seams liek your overweight hun. try this to start out it wil help.

OK Breakfast- 2 apples or cereal with lowfat milk,oatmeal
Lunch-salad with anything healthy
Dinner something light.

Stay away from pasta,potato,too much rice,bread,fried food,sweets,sodas,anything that is high in colorie and carbs.

Work out- dance 20-30 min bellydancing,salsa,anything thats fast. or cardio walk fast or run,jog bycycling. Good luck hope this helps.

J-Rock
Rating
It may be something in your genes. It may be considered obesity but there are many ways to avoid it like check your metabolism.

BaFfler
Yes.

Your Highness
Rating
Hmm....well, since you don't know me and can't slap me, you could lose some weight. That's just judging by your height and weight though, not your body type or anything. Find a BMI calculator on the internet, it'll tell you what weight you should be.

JOHN K
your not thin

Kilalita
Rating
Just height and weight really can't tell us much. Statistically, yes, you are considered overweight, but if you have a large frame and are muscular, you will be percieved quite different than if you just lie around and most of your weight is from body fat.

You should discuss it with your doctor during your next visit or physical. It's good that you worry, it means that you are conscious of your health. Good for you!

V
Rating
You could stand to lose a little. But another big part that most people forget is the amount of muscle you have. Muscle weighs a lot more than fat and the weight comparison between the two would be that you'd have a size of a tangerine muscle as to a grapefruit of fat. Same amount of weight between the two.

Sidewinder
Rating
The younger you are, the easier it is to get the weight off. For me, weight is much less a beauty issue, and much more of a health issue. Good luck.

?
Rating
i think that u should excercise a lot more and eat less sugars. or grow up to 7 feet and not excercize or worry about a thing. cuz the taller u get the less fat u look. but ur not like REALLY FAT if the fat is in the right areas. like if its all in ur cheeks (face not butt-lol) and on ur stomach then u should seriously try to lose some weight. i hope this doesnt lower ur self-esteem cuz im sure ur very pretty.

Wishnu H
Rating
Unless you are a stout looking hardcore of a weightlifter, then yes it is a bit much.

redford
Not seeing you, it's hard to say, a man would look different at that weight than a woman. But, all said, and not knowing everything I would say yes you are fat. Take a BMI test, or just look in the mirror, do you have a double chin, are your clothes tight, does your ring give you trouble when you try to get it off.

Fat, it's not fun, but take a look and say "I am who I am" For instance many fat people can carry it off, cause their body language says I love myself, regardless of size. So fat is cool, if you are cool. Loose weight because you will like the feel of it, if you want, if you don't the hell with them, and live life on your terms.

Speed racer
Yes.

Night Wind
Rating
I'm 5'6" as well. That is overweight, yes. It's not really obese. It's about 50 extra pounds though. I more think of obese as really, really large.

firestarter
Yes, you are overweight. But more important, studies show that it is waist size that is a better predictor of future disease like heart attacks, stroke and diabetes. A woman's waist should not be more than 32 inches measured at the level of the belly button. A man's waist should be no larger than 34 inches. Your whole family needs to help each other to better health. Your parents need to be around for you later in this life.Personally, the book "You on a Diet" is the best for long term success.Take your time and know you will succeed. Fad diets don't work for long and people tend to end up gaining more weight than where they started. Your family will feel better and really communicate on a deeper level. Have a happy, healthier year.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy