Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

How long does it take to get over death?
my grandfather died 8 days ago. he was 90 and had alzheimers so it wasn't unexpected. he was the first person i've ever known to die and i had a really hard time for the first few days and ...

Do you think Depression gives you a kick in the @rse to do more in life?

Can worry turn into Depression??
Can worrying turn into Depression? I some time worry a lot and some times way to much about things that i do not need to worry about .. can that turn into Depression?...

I found my boyfriends bottle of...................?
i found a bottle of Paxil in my boyfriends cabinet. What should i do? Should i confront him about it?...

Why live when we feel so much pain and suffering?

How do i avoid sleep?
i want to study but i feel very sleepy.as soon as i come from college i feel very ...

Depression?
i have depression, im doing all the right steps etc, the thing is i keep isolating myself, i dont wanna go out with my mates and just have a laugh, i cant find the motavation to do it? its upsetting ...

Can depression??
Two quick questions about depression!

1) Does being depressed make you more irritable towards others and your response when others approach you??

2) Depression - I know it can ...

Suicidal!!!?
I am feeling really suicidal tonight and I am seriously about to kill myself but I don't know why! Here's what's going on. I was in a psych hospital for 2 weeks and they really helped ...

I think I am going insane?
I used to have thoughts of suicide alot, but I dont really anymore. Now my attention is turned towards other people. I dont know what im thinking anymore.

Everytime im in school (im 16) I ...

This may sound stupid but....?
what is so wrong with wanting to die?
we never asked to be born into this world, so why are we always expected to enjoy it and want to live?...

I need help?
today im at an all time LOW! i posted on here the other day, i then went to a doctor who gave me some sleeping tablets coz i hadnt been depressed long enough even though its been 4 months! anyway my ...

Trying not to harm myself..[cut]?

i have a bad temptation to cut myself..
but i have been just scratching myself..
where i would cut.. is this bad?

i also snap.....

Are you LIVING or merely EXISTING?
I know I'm just existing right now, my life is meaningless, I have no purpose. What about you?
Additional Details
I'm 26 but had mental problems ever since I was 12. They'...

I am so depressed can anyone help?
I have suffered depression all my life and now at 32yrs I feel I jus can't cope anymore. I have no confidence left, continually anxious and so confused. I have never liked conflict and I let ...

Please help me, are there any things to help depression besides prescription drugs?
I have taken them twice in the past. Now, I have no health ins. and cannot do that again. I was considering buying St. Johns Wort, although for me in the past it never helped. Is there anything I ...

Self harm?
Okay so....for the past two months I've been self harming and today my friend had a massive go at me for doing it yesterday. I promised her that i wouldn't do it anymore. anyone got any ...

How to help a teenage son that has depression problems?????help me please?

If I tell an adult that I cut, will they REALLY do this to me?!?!??!?
I heard that if you cut and you tell, you will get sent to a mental hospital or special institue for treatment. I also heard that at one of the institutes they make you sleep in cells??? Is that true?...

Whats wrong with me?
ok firstly a little bit about me, im 15 live in the UK im 6 5" yep this is tall.

Ok to the chase, ive been feeling low like i have no future. Noticed major changes in me like not ...

mspen
Why do I cry almost every night? It is because of my bad childhood experience. Do you guys think I am crazy?

Dr. Yasha
Rating
You could just be depressed, or crying helps release stress, you may just be streesd out every day and every night

beccacharm3
There isn't enough information in the question to answer it. Furthermore, this may not be the best place to give more information, because this sounds like it could be a serious problem. Is this the only place you can ask for help - or is it just because no one really "knows" you on here and so it's safer for you to ask? I think you know better than anyone whether you feel "crazy" right now. If you think you need help, get it. Otherwise, it really doesn't matter what other people think.

Tammy A
I have also gone through some pretty horrible things as a child. the point is that it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. It sounds like you have some things that you need to get out; it's time. Why don't you talk to your doctor and maybe get a referral to a psychologist or psychiatrist? No one has to know if you aren't comfortable sharing that with them but I would bet that just by being able to actually talk about it instead of keeping whatever it is bottled to the point that the only way that it can come out is in the form of tears will be the first step in dealing with it and moving on with the better things in your life. Feel better, we all have that right.

Wolf SIlentheart
Rating
If your asking yourself if your crazy trust me your not.

mrcricket1932
The subconscious mind has stored many of our emotions in a storage area .... those emotions can become triggers which cause us to do many things, often not understood. They are usually triggered by an associative thought. so, would suggest you plan another direction for what you think of before going to sleep.

You don't mention if you wake up crying or do it while awake.. I may have a relief valve for you, to help get rid of some of those stored emotions.

RENE H
Rating
you are so sad and that leaves to a thing called Depression, and its when your body-mind-soul is so sad and without energy that you dont want to live, to cry every night is very common among depression patients, you can cure depression and you can live a normal life, but that is only if you want to, nobody can heal you unless you want to be healed.

ninja_toaz
Rating
I don't think you are crazy i think you should try to listen to music or something else before you go to bed to relax your mind and sleep easier. If that doesn't work then see a doctor to be sure what is wrong.

LOST
Rating
ask ur self

dlmrgnk
Rating
I'd certainly recommend that you discover the reason for the tears. They are liquid emotions and something pretty big is behind them. Here's a web site that might help: http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/ppc/prof_search.php?iorb=4764
Good luck.

somtingeasy
I do to i put up a qustion up that said why do i....... but i put details i know i did not help much! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

pp
You are not crazy but you are miserable. How old are you? If the bad childhood is a thing of a LONG time ago. Why are you holding on to the past, self pity gets you nowhere. Get out of the bed and be productive, read a book you enjoy. Get a hobby, be very tired for bed. Do anything but lay there and loath in self pity. Slap yourself but don't cry. Mind over matter. Doesn't matter how bad your childhood was, lot of people get a crapy start and that is unfortunate and not your fault but it is your fault if you use that as an excuse.

bluesun
no you're sad. see a therapist. try metanoia.org.

Dexter Lives
don't listen to dragon. god is not going to save you. GO TO A DOCTOR.

James J
Rating
I don't think your crazy!
Try not to live in the past nobody is judging you on your past you can't help the hand you where dealt but you can improve your future by avoiding relating your past to the present.
Try to smile you are a beautiful person inside.

leahivan
If you are still crying everynight because a bad childhood experience its time to seek professional help to let go of the issue. A professional will be able to help you if you are suffering from clinical depression, which is when the "blues" don't go away after a few weeks, and aren't helped by normal mood elevators, such as regular exercise or a fun night out.

Our childhoods are a great place to lay the blame, but it might be more practical to look at what you are doing in your life now that makes you feel "happy" or "sad" and take action to start living a life that makes you feel good.

treving 42
I do not think you are crazy. I do think you are crying out for help to an anonymous world because seeking out help direct (doctor/counselor) may well fill you with more anxiety to feed your obvious depression.
I would urge you to speak to someone in the professional counseling field now.
You have taken the first steps by sharing your feelings with us here - so now make the next move there is understanding, compassion and a lot of hope out there - you need to be brave and take the next step now for your own well being. Good Luck

jplrvflyer
Crazy is a relative term.

I'd recommend at least a consultation with a mental health professional. She'll be able to give you reliable answers to your questions and concerns.

cookie123
Rating
you are not crazy and it could be because of your bad childhood experience or you could be depressed

DRAGON
no, rather i feel sorry for you, just keep cool and remember the Almighty before going to bed and think positively, think that you are sleeping in a garden with flowers all around you. Nothing can be gained from remembering your past now. ...

aaaah
You are probably going through depression...it is possible to have depression and not even know it

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy